[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Time Travel episode >The future always ALWAYS changes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: been there done that.jpg (37KB, 416x434px) Image search: [Google]
been there done that.jpg
37KB, 416x434px
>Time Travel episode
>The future always ALWAYS changes for the worst
>>
File: Thinking Jew.jpg (15KB, 260x354px) Image search: [Google]
Thinking Jew.jpg
15KB, 260x354px
>>78886498
There are lots of ways to write a "time travel" episode, but characters going back in time to change the future, but only to be the cause is my favorite.
>>
>it changes for the better
>it's not shown until they go back again to change one bad thing
>>
File: mccoy tribbles.jpg (22KB, 314x237px) Image search: [Google]
mccoy tribbles.jpg
22KB, 314x237px
That'd make a nice star trek episode.

>they go back to the past
>accidentally change something
>the future ends out much better
>they have to debate the ethics of an improved version of the future vs what was meant to happen, temporal prime directive etc.
>>
>>78886718
Huh. You're actually really right.

I could totally see Picard discussing the whole thing with Q, or maybe Riker, Worf, and Data.
>>
>>78886498
Didn't Family Guy have the exact opposite happen? Where, save Peter's marriage, the rest of the world was stated to be better?
I mean, I hate to give Family Guy credit for being creative, but if the shoe fits...
>>
>time travel
>they return to their own time not realizing that they're in a separate universe and that they disappeared from their original universe saddening friends and family.
>>
>>78886773
sort of like that bit on the simpsons where homer changes his future to be incredible with the caveat that "donuts" appear to no longer exist?
>>
File: 112321514156.gif (2MB, 202x325px) Image search: [Google]
112321514156.gif
2MB, 202x325px
>>78886498
>Time Travel episode
>the future is inevitable no matter what
>>
>>78886807
Except it rains donuts in that world, but he left before he could see it.
>>
>>78886718
/tv/ here.

This was the series finale of Star Trek Voyager.

I'm pretty sure the future turned out for the better, but I didn't read the novels.

They also had to change the past and future in the "Year of Hell" storyline, which also turned out for the better.
>>
>>78888643

Yeah, except "debating the ethics" was Janeway going "fuck you, this is better". Voyager probably saved billions of lives from the Borg going through the original way, not to mention all the random stops they usually made to help the aliens of the week. That got tossed to save ~40 crew members, at the risk of handing the Borg technology that would've made them the supreme power in the galaxy short of Q. Most sane people would've shot Janeway in the head as soon as she outlined her plan.
>>
>>78886773
Wasn't that an alternative present that only looked like the future because there was no religion?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.