[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only one who enjoyed this show?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

File: 81705-2.jpg (791KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
81705-2.jpg
791KB, 1920x1080px
I know the art style was really bad and the characters were butt ugly, but overall I found it to be pretty entertaining.

I'm a guy
>>
>>78882400
Yes.
>>
>>78882400
Dottie is a fucking cunt.
>>
>>78882400
Yes. I wanna fuck Macie though.
>>
>>78882400
>Am I the only one who enjoyed this show?
If /co/ had a word filter, if only /co/ had a word filter
>>
>>78882400

What are these creatures?
>>
>>78882575
im gonna coddle this post
>>
So can you guys actually explain why the show is bad? I'm new here.
>>
>>78882400
Why are the black ones the only ones with chins?
>>
>>78882400
those faces remind me of a different me

one that secretly watched this as a lad and feeling weird because it was so girly but so weeeird.
>>
I watched it. It had good and bad episodes. Pretty good. Not sure why they're deciding to revive it.
>>
>>78882400
As Told By Ginger is generally liked on /co/. Only things people hate about it are the art style and Dodie.
>>
>>78882575
you can
>>
>AS TOLD BY GINGER IS COMING BACK TO TV
I feel like I memed it a little too hard around here
>>
When I was a kid I felt neutral toward it, but one time I came home from a friend's house and my mom was crying in front of the TV because I'd left it on Nick and she'd gotten sucked into a marathon. I wish I could remember which episode specifically made her cry! I love my mom.
>>
>>78883055

aww, we all love your mom too.
>>
>>78882400
It made me try sitting in front of the fridge with my dick out once.
>>
Looking past the...unique...art style, I thought it was a decent enough slice of life show.
>>
>>78882673

Ugly art style, mainly. That's pretty much the entire reason people hate it. Also the fact that Ginger keeps forgiving Dodie for no FUCKING reason despite the fact that she has the most fuckawful personality.
>>
>>78883106
What?
>>
>>78883241

I think that was a thing Carl did in one episode.
>>
Darren was a dick and I don't understand why everyone seemed to love him so much. At times he was almost as bad as Dodie...
>>
>>78883252
which one?
>>
>>78882400

I barely remember what happened in this show, all I know is that I think it hit home a little bit.
>>
>>78883288

Fuck, I dunno. Haven't watched in years.

The movie, maybe? Or the sea snake one? Probably neither but it's all I can think of.
>>
>>78883055
There's lots of candidates. The one where Ginger has a poem recital, invites her dad and he doesn't show up and his mom sends Ginger flowers saying they're from him. The one where Carl's teacher dies. There's others too I can't think of.
>>
>>78882400
>that episode where suoer powers exist in this world
U wot
>>
File: 1451361734328.jpg (74KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1451361734328.jpg
74KB, 640x480px
>>78883055
The episode when the girl with glasses (forgot her name) wanted to be a child again made me cry. I remember as a kid thinking oh it's so sad to see her happy doing such childish things like playing on the slides. Now that I'm grown up, I've realized that I've become like that to a certain extent. Holding on to childhood nostalgia and not realizing that it's time to give all of that up and embrace the lifestlyle of being an adult and only doing adult things.

Does anyone remember that episode? I haven't seen it since then.
>>
Dodie was the biggest cunt ever holy shit.

I wish Ginger had stayed at that Boarding School because I really do believe that she would've been happier there. Also Courtney was gay y/y?
>>
File: Carl_Chillin.gif (471KB, 370x278px) Image search: [Google]
Carl_Chillin.gif
471KB, 370x278px
>>78883347
Pretty sure it was the movie, where Ginger was away at Camp Caprice having drama with what's-his-face.
>>
>>78883635
Yes, yes, and yes.

Still wondering why there was no follow-up to the episode where Dodie and Macie tried to ruin Ginger's relationship with Darren because they felt they weren't getting enough facetime with her. There were plenty of times when Ginger should/could have dropped Dodie like a sack of hot shit.
>>
>>78882400
Yes you are
It was okay at best
I can only understand liking it if you were a girl around that age when it came out
>>
>>78882673
You've opened the opinions trashhole
>>78883180
but this anon is pretty much right. It was a very average show for preteens about being a teenager during a time where there was a whole of that shit, animated and otherwise. Its distinguishing feature was clasky-csupo art style which is super ugly. Worked great for AAAHH! Real Monsters and alright for Rugrats, didn't do any favors for ATBG.
>>
>>78883903
I hated that there was no follow up to that either.
>>
>>78883480
looked up the name of the episode, it's called family therapy.

and she wasn't so happy to have all those kid things because she had hard childhood nostalgia, it was because her parents were dismissive shits who forgot her and she was just excited they were acknowledging her.

sadder, really.
>>
I really loved the show when it was airing, but I mean the last season was barely on and I think I saw maybe 2 of the episodes before they stopped airing it. Finally watched the final episodes on youtube years later and it had a good ending.
You don't do a epilogue to a show and then go "hey look it's coming back and picking up where it left off"
really? Is it going to be Ginger trying to write something new while changing diapers? Cause if not, then it's not picking up where it left off.
>>
Why are there two ginger threads?
>>
>>78883055
That one where everyone thinks Ginger is contemplating suicide is pretty depressing.
>>
>>78883903
That reminds me, I never understood why everyone was so obsessed with Ginger in the show. Courtney had a weird crush/fixation on her, Dodie and Macie worshipped her, and Miranda was obsessively threatened by her. It was weird. She wasn't that interesting.
>>
>>78883180
>Ginger keeps forgiving Dodie for no FUCKING reason despite the fact that she has the most fuckawful personality
This is what makes me like the show now that I'm older. It is a realistic show about how a insecure girl can be manipulated and dominated by her friends. The girl constantly comes up with reasons why her friends and Dodie's mom is not in the wrong for all of the shit they pull. It even shows the rich girl as a not bitch, but rather unaware of how things really are. Her friend is also a bitch for the same insecure reasons that Ginger is a doormat.
>>
>>78883635
>Also Courtney was gay y/y?
Debatable. It's more that she had no real friends besides Ginger. People like to assume that means the two want each other.
>>
>>78890135
>>78890121
>>78887396
>>78884361

Wow, now I want to watch the show again.
>>
>>78887467
I figured it was because she was getting attention from someone to begin with, and that made others focus on her.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>tfw you'll never be a seal girl living in the real world
>>
I remember watching this show as a kid, but I have no idea what the story/plot was. Was it just generic middle-school girl social drama? (with Nickelodeon-enforced comedy elements, of course)
>>
>>78890368
Kind of, but it was handled and written well with fairly believable characters. I watched it occasionally as a kid but I appreciate it more as an adult.
>>
>>78882400
I'm a guy and I liked it a lot.
Had a fairly satisfying ending.
>>
>>78882400
If they did the mouths and noses like AGU, I would've tolerated the shows art.
>>
>>78882400
I remember liking it, but I think i never saw the ending
>>
>>78890368
It was one of Nicks more tame shows, like hey Arnold. Not exactly but you get the idea. It was more down to earth and actually tackled some real shit.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.