[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You are now the EIC for Marvel. How do you save the company?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: marvel-logo.png (45KB, 2000x905px) Image search: [Google]
marvel-logo.png
45KB, 2000x905px
You are now the EIC for Marvel. How do you save the company?
>>
Start a new imprint where characters are either white males, shapely females, or token minorities. Hire competent non-meme writers and artists who can tell a story visually for the project. This new imprint only does crossover events when they make sense. Force every title to make a series bible and stick to it at all costs!

As far as ANAD Earth 616 Marvel, assign some skirt with a shitty haircut to it because it is beyond redemption.
>>
>>78877089
eic
earned income credit

???
>>
Make sure all the changes in canon made are consistent within the continuity. Encourage out of canon comcis for people who really, really want to remodel a character entirely, encourage artists and writes to put their non superhero works on the comapny (with creator rights deals) and help advertise them. Marvel has a bigger readerbase than Image and the other company, in theory this would create interest in the medium as a whole and therefore make the industry bigger.

Ideally people would start to respect marvel for the quality of it's content and not just for the characters, and awareness / interest in the medium as a whole, and therefore readerbase, would increase.
>>
>>78877089
>How do you save the company?
Keep doing what is already being done for the most part since it is on a good place.
But IF I had to do anything, I would Start mixing up some of the staff.
Bendis is a money maker (no matter the damage he does) and I would slowly get him off Iron man and GoG so that he can work on books with stuff he knows while keeping the damage to a minimum.
Hopeless is more or less where I would want him, books that I don't care about/want to fail. If things get REALLY nasty with Fox I'll give ALL the X books to Hopeless. However, I will have a nuclear option ready to kill off every singe X-Man in one event that I will get the best writers I have to take care of.
There is no getting around that the comedy books are a little iffy right now, but they sell and from a business point of view that works for me. However, I would push for them to crossover with/promote each other instead of other books.

Minor stiff would also include:
Keeping an eye on IDW Rom to see if I can sue them for anything taken from the Marvel Rom comic.
Have Captain Marvel have another fall from grace and her entire image as a role model shattered, but it will be a story about how she just can't handle the pressure of being perfect anymore.
Bring back Mettel as the newest Red Skull. Don't worry, he'll be back to normal, but without Hazmat as a GF there is going to be some real drama.
Citizen V on going will also try to correct some of the sins of Avengers Undercover.
Keep the next few events small and maybe a focus on the street level heroes with a good old gang war.
>>
>>78877089
>minimum 5 year ban on company wide event books
>focus on self contained single issue stories, keep two parters to a minimum as well.
>involve the company in early education reading programs.
>treat marvel as more of a publishing house. There is more to comics than capes.
>find a way to reduce the price of print to 2$ or less if possible.
>bring back the malibuverse as an anthology along the lines of Shonen Jump. If only as a format experiment for American audiences.
>get publishing rights to foreign comics and translate.

But that would be a start.
>>
>>78877089
Fire Bendis.
One Avengers book. One X-Men book. One Spider-Man book.
Ban renumberings and relaunches.
Ban events.
I put Yost back on Scarlet Spider and let him go as long as he wants regardless of sales.
I let Tom King write Vision as long as he wants regardless of sales.
I let that guy you like do that thing you like regardless of sales.
I get fired for nearly pushing Marvel back to the brink of bankruptcy. DC is the #1 publisher now.
>>
>>78882050
Bankrupt in 2 years, tops.
>>
>>78877089
>How do you save the company
Financially or creatively?
Because if its Financially I dont change a thing, no matter what I think of the output theyre earning the big bucks
>>
more butt shots
>>
>Reboot the entire thing like New 52 but with quality control
>Make it so heroes don't work for any higher power, but work alongside SHIELD out of respect for the fact SHIELD wants to protect the Earth
>Make the heroes actually good people instead of absolute pieces of shit (obviously not all of them are but you know which ones I'm talking about)
>Stop killing off villains and actually build up a rogues gallery for the characters
>Limit Bendis to 1-2 books no one cares about, he's an awful writer and should not be writing main books
>>
>>78882684
Maybe not. Doesn't WB write off DC as an R&D loss? I forget where I read that. But if that's true Disney can do the same thing.
>>
>>78883112
They're basically IP farms. The characters they make are worth more than the comics they appear in.
>>
>>78882050
>minimum 5 year ban on company wide event books
>>78882194
>Ban events.

How about just one event every 2 years and no more than 5 books can take place in the crossover not counting the main book?
>>
>>78877089
Step 1: fire everybody
Step 2: rehire outside the New York tristate area
>>
>>78883199
Yeah, I'm aware of that. Copyright renewal plays a part as well.

>>78883289
I'd ban it for that long just because they've become meaningless. it would be a chance to cleanse the mental palate. Your suggestion would be cool with me though. It wouldn't be company wide and could be self contained within those collaborating issues.
>>
>>78882194
>I let that guy you like do that thing you like regardless of sales.

All I want is more PAD x-factor
>>
>>78877089
Stop all of the social justice warrior shit and treat all characters with respect no matter who owns their film rights... Also fire Bendis... problem solved.
>>
>>78877089
Fire Dan Slott.
Fire the editors and most of the other writers too.
Reveal that everything that has happened since 1991 or so was one bad dream.
Go back to making good comics.
>>
>>78877089
so is this how to ruin a company thread?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.