[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Humanity fuck yeah cartoons/comics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 10

File: 31219134519129.jpg (311KB, 1677x1169px) Image search: [Google]
31219134519129.jpg
311KB, 1677x1169px
Alot of shit I tend to notice in some forms of media is how comics and cartoons like to put the military,technological and even human factions as the bad guys which I down right hate sometimes forcing us to go though boring gurellia organizations of mutants or how humans are so weak and technological inept they cant fight the forces or aliens and lastly the worst contender in this. Squad of soldiers who gets sent into a base always gets wiped out by some random ass virus or monster EVEN THOUGH they were highly trained soldiers they couldnt fight this one new combatant all of a sudden.

Why do some people do this?
>>
>>78877000
/tg/ pls go. Don't you have some Primarchs to jack off to?
>>
>>78877000
First things that come to mind are Bureau of Alien Detection and Starship Troopers.
>>
File: 4545641918196154.png (176KB, 287x230px) Image search: [Google]
4545641918196154.png
176KB, 287x230px
anyone remember that Starship troopers cartoon

We will never know if they managed to defeat the bugs...
>>
File: 147194548151.jpg (171KB, 432x753px) Image search: [Google]
147194548151.jpg
171KB, 432x753px
>>78877653

Space marines are pussys

Imperial Guard is where its at
>>
>mfw elves are the "good" guys

https://youtu.be/azOvRwrqz2M?t=3m45s
>>
Samurai Jack sort of had some parts that were like that.
>>
>>78881259
A lone man fighting robots,cyborgs,mutants,demons yeah thats pretty pro human
>>
File: humanity, fuck no.png (632KB, 513x560px) Image search: [Google]
humanity, fuck no.png
632KB, 513x560px
>>78877000
>>
>>78877857

Mah nigga.
>>
There was a DC miniseries I saw storytimed here a while back about a branch of the military specially trained to fight aliens, and then wound up getting involved with demon shit that ended in a battalion marching into a level of Hell and securing it as a strategic asset. Can't for the life of me remember what it was called though.
>>
>>78877857

If you haven't checked out the All-Guardsman Party series of storytimes on /tg/, you're missing out.

Basically the greatest Rogue Trader campaign ever devised by human minds.
>>
File: 17494548451.jpg (529KB, 688x1044px) Image search: [Google]
17494548451.jpg
529KB, 688x1044px
>>78881579

Is this fucking Doom? Sounds kinda like 40k aswell
>>
>>78877000
>Why do some people do this?

Why do they do what?

You're asking about what here? Narrative structure? A narrative structure is individual; you can make generalizations about multiple narratives, you can recognize certain commonalities between disparate narratives, but ultimately each narrative is unique. The choices made in the creation of that narrative may follow certain expectations, and may even be derivative of other works (in which case the responsibility of choice isn't borne by that work, but by the original), but they are still unique. Usually, "write what you know" holds, and things go a certain way because it's what would realistically happen, or what the audience expects to happen, and a sudden, shocking departure from the familiar would detract from the story rather than add to it.

To answer your specific points:

>Alot of shit I tend to notice in some forms of media is how comics and cartoons

This is just pure garbage. You don't even know what you're saying. You notice this in what, operas and talk radio? Then it's second-hand and not derived from primary experience, so you don't notice it directly. This isn't the board for discussing operas or talk radio. If you mean comics and cartoons say comics and cartoons, you fucking faggot.

> military,technological and even human factions as the bad guys

There's a lot that don't, but don't let that stop you being butthurt about it. I assume you mean sci-fi/fantasy? Because you didn't specify. Still, the number of military dictatorships, sanctioned massacres by uniformed forces, technocratic impositions on civil society for personal gain, and, you know, humans who want to kill each other/everything else in the real world is non-negligible, unless you live under a rock and haven't noticed. So that's why they do that: because it's credible.

>which I down right hate

Color me surprised.
>>
File: 25454644431594.jpg (617KB, 1280x1914px) Image search: [Google]
25454644431594.jpg
617KB, 1280x1914px
Redeemer is a cool guy
>>
>>78877000
>>78881838

> forcing us to go though boring gurellia organizations of mutants or how humans are so weak and technological inept they cant fight the forces or aliens

Really this is a completely separate argument you've tried to start here, and I'm not sure you understand that it is because you appear to be a retard of some kind. Guess what tho: humans are mortal. We're not gods. We frequently, in everyday life and in military operations, come up against our own frailty and limitations. Often this is the result of poor planning or delusional belief in our own superiority.

>EVEN THOUGH they were highly trained soldiers they couldnt fight this one new combatant all of a sudden

There's a lot of reasons that might happen. Threat-building - showing something to be very powerful so that even a dumbass can see it's a credible threat - through demonstrating the folly of arrogance or the reliance on tactics and weapons designed to fight other threats; hell, anybody who's served in a combat theater will tell you without good intel you are dogmeat. A new threat? You're probably dogmeat. You will take casualties.

Again, real world: look at how hard it is for real, highly-paid, highly-trained, heavily-armed and highly-mobile armies to fight insurgencies of drug farmers and people traffickers. If your argument had any merit, these insurgencies should be over in hours. The same applies with high-human cultures descending on inept aliens the galaxy over and beyond: just because we spent more and our spaceships look like spacedicks doesn't mean we're gonna win.
>>
File: Humans are fuckin orks.jpg (303KB, 897x818px) Image search: [Google]
Humans are fuckin orks.jpg
303KB, 897x818px
>>78881838
>>78881863

I just wanted a humanity fuck yeah thread

but I GUESS you make some good points
>>
>>78881579
Human Defense Corps
>>
>>78881579
Get back to us on that, sounds amazing
>>
>>78877000
Fear Agent has humans wrecking shit against aliens
>>
>>78881987

That was it!

Man I need to track down that story, it was fucking cool.
>>
>>78881629

Well let's face it, with that under their resume, they're basically Cadians.
>>
>>78881579
Marvel had a New Mutants arc like this

the army unit got cut off and they survived like 10 years in it with most of the guys having demon limbs because they lost their own limbs in fights
>>
>>78881617
theres an archive somewhere of tg stuff. like some kind of chan, but I forgot what its name was.

help a brotha out?
>>
>>78882157
1d4chan
>>
File: BPRD Grunts.jpg (320KB, 1189x734px) Image search: [Google]
BPRD Grunts.jpg
320KB, 1189x734px
>>78877000
Being a BPRD grunt is suffering

>get turned into Frog Monsters
>get mutated by sentient blood mist
>get eaten by fucking vampires
>get killed and have your corpse possessed by you superior officer
>>
>>78881967

I dunno a lot of those "HUMAN BEINGS BREATHE ROCKET FUEL!!!" claims are pretty stupid because any form of life will need to use some volatile shit to produce enough energy to be active enough to create complex society and innovations.

But there was one really cool analysis I saw that explained that humans would most likely be a heavy-world species since Earth's size puts it right on the upper-end scale of gravitational pulls that would be possible to escape with conventional rocketry. Any bigger and escape velocity would be impossible to reach.

I can't find that screencap now though and it's driving me nuts.
>>
>>78882174

The All-Guardsmen Party threads are all on the suptg archive too.
>>
>>78881987
know of a place to read this?
>>
>>78882174
Thanks comrade
>>
File: 145658746356.jpg (484KB, 714x983px) Image search: [Google]
145658746356.jpg
484KB, 714x983px
>tfw 40k has a chapter full of wolverine space marines

To bad in classic 40k fashion not alot of people like them
>>
>>78881850
is this the art from the guy that did darkest dungeon ?
>>
>>78877000
>HFY thread
>Imperial Guard or Astral Militarum or whatever the fuck they are nowadays
>in a setting where humanity is decaying from within and getting slowly whittled down from outside threats

Pffft...
>>
>>78882157

1d4chan?
>>
File: 1961915181691.jpg (209KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1961915181691.jpg
209KB, 1680x1050px
>>78882417

Dont forget the chaos gods already won

There was some shitty fanfiction Warhammer 50k that had the Black Templar's and what ever humans left go on a constant crusade

only good part of it
>>
>>78882809

I thought that was the one where humanity builds a fuck-off huge starship that encloses a star in a dyson sphere for power and gtfos of the galaxy for good.
>>
>>78877000

Humans being on top of their game makes many people's fantasies inadequate, because their fantasies are precisely an escape into a higher order of relevance than they can achieve in reality. People don't like thinking some guys with guns can be that good, after all, they're guys too and they're not so good.

Besides, when we actually do things right, it doesn't look as impressive as we wish it would. Even the actual pro-human stuff forgets how damn good we are at killing from afar rather than doing silly heroics, all our obscene artillery and ballistic rocketry and precision air power, it has never once seemed 'fair' or honorable, but i kinda like that we are not, because the one who's trying to win the hardest actually cares about what he's fighting for.
>>
>>78877000
>Humanity hates non-humans,xenos and heretics
>all the while worshiping a space lich
>>
>>78881863
>look at how hard it is for real, highly-paid, highly-trained, heavily-armed and highly-mobile armies to fight insurgencies of drug farmers and people traffickers.

Mostly because of political reasons rather than the military itself. If you actually think that a highly organised armies can't outright destroy any petty threats like farmers and wannabe communists then I don't know what kind of history you're reading.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.