[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So am I supposed to be on Kevin or Franks side?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: f-is-for-family1.jpg (72KB, 970x558px) Image search: [Google]
f-is-for-family1.jpg
72KB, 970x558px
So am I supposed to be on Kevin or Franks side?
>>
I'm more interested in discussing what people think about this show?
>>
>>78873280
>>78872442
It's not bad.
It's just meh.
The best part is the intro metaphor.

Very little of it requires the time period it's supposedly set in, so it pretty much squanders what little it has going for it. There's a few small things but the actual episode plots could be set anywhere.

Still better than post-revival family guy, not as great as some of the post-revival Futurama, doesn't even come close to touching That 70's Show.
>>
>>78874225
idk about you, but I was constantly rolling while watching the show. But i guess there's more to a good show than being funny
>>
>>78872442
This show is just like Slice of Life, not really a comedy or a drama or anything

I think most of it is just Bill Burr being nostalgic or wanting to just make a show that resembles a little bit of what he experienced, growing up with his father (the main character dad)

Plus, it's obvious the little ginger is Bill Burr himself
>>
>>78874862
I think slice of life is slowly growing into my favorite type of television. I love both comedy and drama pretty much equally so put it together into a single show and I'm hooked.

I've really been digging Weeds for the same reason (although i don't know if I'd call Weeds slice of life.)
>>
>>78872442
>So am I supposed to be on Kevin or Franks side?

I think both, since they each have their own points and positives while their negatives are rather apparent.

Though I can see someone liking Kevin more than Frank.
>>
>>78872442
Frank, because he fought in Korea.

Is it just me or does Bill Burr have a hard-on for his dad?
>>
>>78874978
Slice of Life doesn't really contain a central plot like Weeds does though

Something like Ghostworld Love and Rockets or even Astro City would more fit that bill
>>
>>78872442
Both in a sense,
We see both sides of their arguments, along with the reasons why they say/do what they do. Like with most families, it can be a bit of a grey area
>>
>>78872442

this is how you can tell how much of /co/ are inmature autists

its a family, nobody is right or wrong
>>
>>78874225
Also Bill Burr is contrarian hipster.
>>
>>78874225
I dunno, I don't really think the plot involving the union dispute would have as much impact if it was set in the 2010's. That shit was a much bigger deal in the 70's than it is today.
>>
>>78876157
>Bill Burr is contrarian hipster.

Buttmad prog. fan detected
>>
>>78874225
>Very little of it requires the time period it's supposedly set in
How so? What would you have wanted? The show went decently hard with 70s references, but the struggles of lower-middle class families have basically been the same for a couple decades.

Bullying, doing poorly in school, gender roles, hating your job, crying into plastic...these things are timeless and people still experience them on a regular basis.
>>
>>
>>
>>78872442
That's up to you.
>>78873280
I don't know, are you?
>>
>>78873280
I'm impressed with how it managed to inject comedy into dramatic moments without killing the drama.

Like the scene where he's driving around looking for his wife with the daughter in the Mr.Coconut costume...it's just a solid visual bit of absurdity.
>>
File: 1444819331259.jpg (36KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
1444819331259.jpg
36KB, 720x576px
>>78872442
Neither.
What makes the show good is that they're both pretty real characters.
They're real pieces of shit, but they're not Moral Orel-levels of irredeemable, and they have their reasons for being the way they are, Frank because he feels trapped in his own life and Kevin because he feels directionless and hates that he wants his father's approval.

Personally, I identify with Kevin more. I was similar at his age. I hated my parents but I craved their acceptance, and I didn't enjoy anything but drugs and music that made me feel smart.
But at the same time Frank makes me understand how my father felt and why he was such a dick. He didn't ask for a piece of shit son like me, but he didn't walk away either. He did his best, and even if that wasn't very good that effort is worth something.

TL;DR: neither
>>
>>78875184
He has a hard-on for classic, American masculinity and his dad represents that to him which is very normal.
The reason why he seems to like it so much is made clear in the show: he needed to 'be a man' in order to be worthy in his father's eyes.
>>
>>78873280
Its shit
>>
>>78874737

Sames. I turned it off when Frank tells his wife's boss she's not interested in the position. It's just too cliche.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.