[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How you holding up /co/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 15

How you holding up /co/?
>>
File: 1452458910379.jpg (47KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
1452458910379.jpg
47KB, 500x372px
>>78871286
I'm ok. I guess, life could be worse.
>>
I wanted to start the new year without feeling self-doubt or jealousy over the progress of someone else's art, but I've been breaking THAT promise.
>>
>>78871474
There's always someone better anon. Just keep at it and know you're doing your best and not plateauing. There's always room to improve too.
>>
>>78871286
No complaints really. Moved into a new apartment and I'm feeling comfy and fuck in it.

Still don't have any real friends, but I'm content with what I have now.

Also we gon' talk about Morbi so this thread doesn't become 100% /soc/? Where the fuck has the cloud gone?
>>
File: tumblr_o0awg2hKzn1rgf5dao1_1280.png (129KB, 643x576px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0awg2hKzn1rgf5dao1_1280.png
129KB, 643x576px
Have some Lala with love from everyone's favorite cloud.
>>
>>78871563
Thanks, it's just unnerving to see so many people progress day by day

Kinda explains why I dread checking my dashboard on tumblr
>>
>>78872023

you are concerned with achieving something that isn't yours than creating.

why are your ideas and art not flourishing? maybe you don't have them clear enough in your head, maybe you have grown too separated from your inspirations and goals or you have drifted away from them and need new ones, it's up to you to find out.
>>
>>78872023
Don't gauge yourself by the progress of others, it's a trap. Make goals for yourself when you identify faults in your work and strive to improve them.
>>
Fucking cloudkunt motherfucker
I ask him for his smut but he's all "Nooo it's all mine you can't have any" when clearly he makes it for the sole purpose of smut. He's just gunna keep holding out all the good stuff while goofing off instead of working on his comic and giving us canon smut instead.

And the fucking sneezing silver fanfiction's been done for like two months but there hasn't even been a thread to post that shit in. I've nearly completed an entirely different single for /vp/ in just this hiatus alone and I'm most likely going to get half-done with a second by the time the next month rolls over. You guys want this shit early or what?
>>
>>78872488

in what way are you entitled to anything he does without the explicit intent of publishing it? you might as well be asking to look at his used toilet paper.
>>
>>78872645
But
The smut
>>
>>78872709

well i dunno nigger find a proper way to convince him than throwing a tantrum

slip him a 20 and find out what his favorite brand of salty snacks is
>>
Opposite of good. My mom called me a few hours ago telling me that grandma died from cancer today, no, shit sucks right now.
I need to hear some cancer jokes to cheer me up. Show me what you've got
>>
>>78872888

what kind of cancer was it?
>>
I feel like this will be the year I finally transition from "bad" artist to "acceptable."
>>
When are you gonna update the comic you fucking nerd.
>>
>>78872950
Breast cancer
>>
>>78872888
Why didn't the chicken cross the road?
Leukemia
>>
>>78872488
You know he's got an entire blog of smut, right?
It's not a secret of anything.
>>
>>78873438
I already know of such smut, it's all the Poppy stuff he stores away for himself. I don't want really to come off as mad, I just want the smut.
>>
>>78873080
Yeah, I shouldn't have laughed as much as I just did now. Feel better now.
You're cool, /co/.
>>
>>78872888
>so an anon walked into a thread
>"guis, my grandma's died of cancer"
>collective gasp
>"w-what kind of cancer?" asked another anon
>"breast cancer" said grandma less anon
>"oh, is that what that lump was?" says I
>trollface.jpg
>>
>>78873525
>"I have a folder full of Poppy characters kissing and it's all for me"
I don't think it's actually real smut, anon. I think it might just be kissing.
>>
Lil lacking Poppy in my life
But otherwise good times.
>>
i forgot this was on hiatus
why is it on hiatus?
>>
>>78873525
We know because you're likely the same guy who keeps begging for smut from him when we had Poppy threads.
>>
what the hell is morbi even doing?
>>
>>78871286
Meh, work in the morning. It'll probably be cold out. I want to stay up tonight and sleep in.
>>
>>78871286
completely alone and abandoned.
obese
destitute with massive debt
cant sleep and cant stay awake.

Hoping this year will be the year it gets better. Please god let it get better.
>>
>>78882045
Things?

He says he'll get back to it in February.
>>
>>78882119
>obese
>destitute with massive debt

maybe you shouldn't have eaten so much fatty
>>
>>78882202
medical bills
>>
>>78882269
because you're obese
work out
>>
File: Six O'Clock, Red Winter.png (1MB, 2000x1622px) Image search: [Google]
Six O'Clock, Red Winter.png
1MB, 2000x1622px
OK I guess but in a rut. I want to work on my art, but can't even seem to "start". Like I can sketch shit here and there, but whenever I focus on something bigger or more focused all my energy drains away. Some part might be depression which im getting help on soon which is nice.

Pic related is probably the last "major" piece i've done and that was months ago. Plus note I was able to meet Brandon Graham and show him this and he though it was cool so I feel all thats really holding me back is myself.
>>
File: THISISCUTEAFTERNOON.jpg (3MB, 9737x10000px) Image search: [Google]
THISISCUTEAFTERNOON.jpg
3MB, 9737x10000px
>>78882446
Make fanart of things so that the source material is more interesting and sticky than your own thoughts? Your thingy is damn nifty enough to convince me to believe in you.

Here's a Morbibird for your troubles.
>>
File: pinups WIP.png (970KB, 1836x866px) Image search: [Google]
pinups WIP.png
970KB, 1836x866px
>>78882963
Thanks!

Yeah I've been drawing a lot of fan-art, but I guess I never feel like im making progress if all im drawing is other people's ideas, though I should realize its getting me to draw and thus earning experience. Like I have idea's rolling around in my head that I want to get out.

I'm a sucker for pinups though so I've been having some fun doing those. Bought a book of Dan Decarlo's pin-ups as inspiration, its pretty good
>>
File: tumblr_o0py1uqK7O1t2cpqmo1_1280.png (113KB, 625x691px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0py1uqK7O1t2cpqmo1_1280.png
113KB, 625x691px
The little girl witches project I have been checking up on got an update. She's working on a pitch booklet for school and she has a couple of characters done. The cardinal and a new bee character.
>>
>gf of five years finally let me know that oh yeah we're not together anymore and the reason I moved 3 states away to go to college was to fuck a kid I met online for idiotic reasons and because I'm a depressed fuckwit
>working 2 shit-tier foodservice jobs to save up money to go back to school
>don't know what I want to go back to school for
>depression flared up to crippling levels causing strife at Job 1
>have 0 friends IRL
I've gotten over her because she's an insane cunt but it's hard being lonely again with no direction in your life and living an existence that consists of nothing but shit work and sleeping.
>>
File: 1369021359083.jpg (122KB, 419x400px) Image search: [Google]
1369021359083.jpg
122KB, 419x400px
Outside of downloading a PS2 emulator, pretty shit
>End up spending Christmas break at a frat house because it's a six hour drive to my normal home and I couldn't make that
>Give a guy a ride home to a city a few hours away
>The weather is shit when we get there and it's about to become night time
>Ask friends in the city if I can spend the night
>No one replies, end up driving home in the stormy night alone
>Everyone else leaves to go home so I spend Christmas by myself
>A couple nights later, Police end up coming into the house because they heard a report that someone might be trying to break in and were told that no one would be in the house over break
>I end up getting detained
>People finally start coming back
>House gets fucking trashed
>One guy asks me to help him move some stuff from his place to the frat house
>On the drive over, I end up hitting a pile of ice that fucks up the bottom of the front of my car
The only thing keeping me going at this point is that classes start back up a week from now and I might get a job working front desk at a hotel this week
>>
>>78883570
Besides the eyepatch, I like the designs overall.
>>
>>78883464
All I am is a writefag, and I feel like I'm making progress all the time with shitty fanfiction. Though I guess I'm not at the same level as you are, all your shit is actually decent. I'm pretty sure I'm still getting noob gains for writing ability.
>>
>>78883664
Git any hobbies?
>>
>>78884011
Got*

Damn I need to stop typing in the dark.
>>
>>78884011
video games and reading are about the only things I have any time or real effort for, but I'm dropping vidya to focus on reading since its been about six months since I've read a real book.
>>
File: 1395901909800.gif (421KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
1395901909800.gif
421KB, 700x525px
>was making a bunch of comics and drawfagged a lot back when I was a high school kid in a third world shithole
>eventually immigrate, supposed to live with dad who I haven't seen in years until I get my bearings, but he turns out to be a drug addicted bipolar fuck that kicks me out "to mourn my dead dog, my only true son"
>found a decent motel and a decent temp job, but now unemployed and living off saved up money
>getting a job is tough because I don't even have a GED, and getting an art job is even tougher because I spent all my time making webcomics I never finished instead of anything portfolio worthy
>family keeps reminding me that if I don't do something with my life I'm going to be stuck as a fuckup forever

gonna call the temp office tomorrow to see if they got anything new. In the meantime I've been thinking about which webcomic to just sit down and finish, the one about little girls getting bullied while uncovering spooky shit, or the one about some anansi looking motherfucker hosting a horror anthology while fighting monsters. The first one was something I was using to learn how to color, but it had a horrible update schedule and there's like five pages over a year's worth of work, at this point I just feel like rebooting it with a simpler style.
>>
>>78871286
Good thanks for asking, now let's get drunk
>>
File: 1403027355892.png (529KB, 871x651px) Image search: [Google]
1403027355892.png
529KB, 871x651px
>>78883790
Good luck with your stories writefag, I'm sure they are great!

>>78884123
I wish you the best of luck man. Lots of people have gotten quite successful with webcomics. As long as you work hard at it, it can work. I think as long as you keep a consistent schedule and the idea is good enough you can do well. Even a mediocre comic can develop well enough and build a fanbase (hell look at Questionable Content) if you work hard at it.
>>
File: nomorbs.png (172KB, 540x742px) Image search: [Google]
nomorbs.png
172KB, 540x742px
I can't wait for Poppy O'Possum to return, simply because I'm so thirsty for Friedrich.

I have a weakness for hot dads.
>>
>>78871286
David Bowie died. Apart from that, all right, I guess.
>>
File: 1431939517784.jpg (18KB, 459x327px) Image search: [Google]
1431939517784.jpg
18KB, 459x327px
>>78884123
as hard as it is don't let depression get to you. that shit will be your mortal enemy. you don't have time to feel sorry for yourself and you know that.

My sister is in a constant state of limbo. she has two kids and is juggling both school and full time work with on and off boyfriends. she had to go back and get her GED and everything and while she did that she supported herself any way she could. I really don't know how she does it but she does and that's what counts. I think you will find a way anon.

I've been drawing for at least a decade and reality has finally caught up with me. but I still have nothing to show. I want to draw comics but I have insecurities that they will be really corny and bad. I told myself I was going to at least try this year. I'm ashamed of my laziness.
>>
File: 1406509528166.png (175KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1406509528166.png
175KB, 900x900px
>>78871286
I want Morbi to start Poppy again

But he's such a dork his daily life is just as entertaining. If he was anyone else I'd probably hate him by now

Morbi you've got to stop talking about Blackjack like holy shit
>>
File: Aladdin Sane K.K..png (618KB, 600x535px) Image search: [Google]
Aladdin Sane K.K..png
618KB, 600x535px
>>78892182
We all do.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.