[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /co/ what is your LCS like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 27

Hey /co/ what is your LCS like?
>>
>>78869971
>buying
>physical
>comics
>>
>>78869971

Pretty great, but it's a solid hour's drive away from me so I don't really go there apart from special events and signings.
>>
>>78869971
It's 15 minutes away, has a really cool staff, and also a ton of weeb shit.
>>
File: east-side-mags.jpg (1MB, 1500x778px) Image search: [Google]
east-side-mags.jpg
1MB, 1500x778px
Boring if you're not that into capes, otherwise it's all right.
>>
>>78870015
>being a poorfag
>>
>>78869971
Is that a comic shop for ants?
>>
It's okay. Small and tucked into the older part of downtown. For years, they didn't even have any signage.
>>
>>78869971
Run by Marvelfags that shit on DC.
>>
>>78869971
it got turned into weight watchers
>>
>>78869971
Houston here:
nan's seems you need to take an allergy pill if you go in (feels dusty). low light, messy stacks.

3rd planet is okay (i miss that thickie cutie with the glasses). half looks clean and organized, while the left side (where the cards, old figures) seems dirty and unkept.

bedrock (westheimer and the one on old galveston rd) are straight up clean and bright.
>>
anyone know of any good stores in the albuquerque area?
>>
>>78869971
It's small, but it's got a nice atmosphere. The owner is just about the only guy who works there, so it's almost like visiting somebody's house when you walk in.
>>
>>78870015
>pirating comics

Why? Where's the fun in that?
>>
File: MG_8492-700x466.jpg (94KB, 700x466px) Image search: [Google]
MG_8492-700x466.jpg
94KB, 700x466px
Legend is amazing. Nice, clean building that always smells like paper and coffee. The staff is always nice and knowledgeable, very willing to figure out what new readers would like and bend over backwards to get you any books they don't have. Extremely active in the community too. They deserved their Eisner.
>>
>>78871079
You visit Orbital too?
>>
>>78872162

I know it sounds like a cliche on here, but I pirate shit to see if I like it then buy it if I like what I see. It's great being able to dial up anything you'd like if someone recommends it, but nothing beats having a physical copy of a story on your shelf either.
>>
File: third-eye-72.jpg (464KB, 800x466px) Image search: [Google]
third-eye-72.jpg
464KB, 800x466px
Any other MD bros in here?

Garth Ennis is signing comics in the Annapolis location in February.
>>
>>78869971
3 shops within reasonable distance of me, all overrun by casuals who only care about nerd merchandise and tabletop game faggots.
>>
>>78872239

whats in the drawers? back issues?
>>
>>78872759
>tabletop game faggots

/tg/ here, you're the faggot.
>>
It's become almost solely MtG now, with comics taking up just one corner of the already small store. They only stock Big Two floppies, not even trades. It's shit for comics, the owner doesn't even like ordering books you request either. It's what I get for living in fucking Arkansas though.
>>
>>78872812
Yep they are very well organized too.
>>
>>78872838
Anon from below your post, /tg/ is pretty cool and I do enjoy tabletop stuff but the only LCS within two hours of me only has MtG, not even other games, and all the comics stuff has been phased out since change of ownership a few years back.
>>
Pretty small, mostly a subscriber based store. Workers are pretty chill though and it's next to my favorite bbq restaurant
>>
>>78872903

Oh yeah that sucks. The main LCS where I went to university had that problem too, they wound up making more money on miniatures and TCGs rather than comics, and pushed that so much that there wasn't a good selection of comics anymore a few years on.
>>
I'm in Annapolis, but I usually go to Capital Comics because it's closer. I have been meaning to get out to Third Eye, though.
>>
>>78872968
meant for >>78872757
>>
I don't have one because I live in the middle of fucking nowhere. The closest place that sells comics period is a Barnes & Noble half an hour from me.
>>
I live in the bronx. I usually go to midtown by grand central for convience. Sucks.
>>
>>78872968

I got to Third Eye mainly because the Lexington Park location is a pretty easy (if long, about 45-minutes) drive from my apartment. Annapolis itself is about an hour's drive and holy shit fuck MD drivers. I only just moved here and I don't know how you guys stand it.
>>
>tfw dream is to retire and buy a store that sells comics, books, and has a small cafe and lounge for reading and socializing while being the super fun and knowledgeable homely old owner

It would be a cozy little life. Really sophisticated, large selection of indie and obscure stuff as well as mainstream, covers all sorts of literature as well, I'd love to build up a nice little community with it. Hopefully physical media doesn't die off entirely by the time I'm old.
>>
Overrun with Magicfags and Pop Vinyls. I don't go there anymore.
>>
>>78873090
Nah man you can live that dream! Legend is a lot like your dream so hold on to it!
>>
File: Archie1CC.jpg (204KB, 900x1384px) Image search: [Google]
Archie1CC.jpg
204KB, 900x1384px
On one block downtown there is 2 comic shops, 2 game stores (one ccg shit, the other board games), and a Games Workshop

of the two comic shops theres one with back issues and lots of old collected editions and independent stuff, it smells like a library which is wonderful.

The other has alot of neat merch and action figs on top of the new books they get every week, they have a small section of your standard selection of trades, etc.

Staff at both stores are awesome and i like both so i try to shop equally when i can, heh.
>>
File: xnvDz8OVkuM.jpg (322KB, 1060x1024px) Image search: [Google]
xnvDz8OVkuM.jpg
322KB, 1060x1024px
This. Hello from Russia PLS HELP
>>
>>78872239
Are my eyes deceiving me or do i see a 20th anniversary collectors box set of Jeff Smith's Bone?
>>
>>78873360
Yep, I think they sold it though, I'll have to check next time I go. They cycle through stuff fast. They just got box sets of Essex County that are taunting me because I already on the collected edition if it without the box! They have a great store loyalty program though so I might have enough store credit to just buy it, or I'll wait until FCBD when it's 30% off.
>>
File: guh.jpg (549KB, 1024x459px) Image search: [Google]
guh.jpg
549KB, 1024x459px
Enjoy
>>
File: sns.jpg (82KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
sns.jpg
82KB, 720x540px
It's a nice little store, if a tad messy. The store owner is a really cool guy and he'll order anything you're looking for. Also plenty of movies, records and toys to look through. One of the better shops around here, honestly.
>>
>>78872838
No, most ttg people who camp out in lcs are fucking sperg assholes.
>>
>>78869971
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2DOdFx3VPA
Oldest shop in my city (35 years), Owner can sling knowledge on any /co/ subject.
>>
>>78873448
>store loyalty program

That sounds lovely, I wish this was my LCS.

Where is it located anyway? And is there a coffee shop located in the same building run by the same people as >>78873090 wants to do or just nearby but a separate business?
>>
>>78873732
>Always forget when game night is at my LCS
>walk in and do a 360 out the door
>>
Gary's Comics and More in Morgantown, WV is super tiny, but the clerks are nice and I've found some great older issues here.

Picked up the entirety of Ostrander's Hawkworld in single issues for about 20 bucks.

I know people that work at Four Horseman up at the mall, but while it's fancier looking, it's really more of a tabletop game store now than an LCS.
>>
File: download.jpg (14KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
14KB, 259x194px
>>78874009

Forgot the picture.
>>
>>78873858
Legend Comics and Coffee here in Omaha Nebraska, they have their own coffee shop with like 40 chairs or so, they make great coffee and frequently have themed menus like a whole hellboy menu when he turned 20. I love the place so much I ended up doing a news story on them after they won the Eisner.
>>
>>78873707

Former Columbiabro, can attest to this. They're more a music/movies place than a comics place, but the corner of the store they have devoted to comics is pretty good and the staff is nice. I haven't been in a long time, but it was good when I went.
>>
File: raiders-lost-ark.jpg (18KB, 550x246px) Image search: [Google]
raiders-lost-ark.jpg
18KB, 550x246px
>>78873574
>now where did I put that ark of the covenant?
>>
File: image.jpg (96KB, 570x299px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96KB, 570x299px
Frank and Sons is the closest thing to a comic book store where I live. It's a big warehouse with memorabilia from all hobbies. It can get really packed and the parking is shit though. The vendors I go to are pretty cool, one sells older stuff the other sells more current issues.
>>
>>78871140
supreme irony
>>
>>78871615
Comic Warehouse and Astro Zombies are both good places.
>>
>>78870015

I buy physical because they come with digital as well. It's literally a backup of my physical comics.
>>
File: freeshrugs.jpg (84KB, 449x642px) Image search: [Google]
freeshrugs.jpg
84KB, 449x642px
>>78869971

I live in NYC, so Midtown Comics
>>
>>78869971
I've got three in reasonable distance, since I live in what amounts to the middle of nowhere.
The first is in the next county, and is a damn good store overall, albeit small. Staff are pleasant, although I can't say much for knowledge, since I generally go in there on a mission. Layout is sensible, and they get in a wide range of stuff.

Second is a 2nd & Charles, so there's a lot more going on than strictly comics there, but a lot of times you can find some good stuff lying around for decent prices.

Third is Blue Hen Comics, which I've yet to go into, but have heard good things about across the board.

There used to be (may still be) a bookstore a couple of towns over that had a very decent selection of back issue comics, but the owner didn't really mess with anything post-2008 last time I was there. But, I think that's because he's got more to the store than that, and is also a guy who grew up with Silver Age stuff and tries to share the love, so to speak.
>>
I'm going to Toronto in May, any Toronto anons that have some advice on what store to check out while I'm there?
>>
File: only go here if you need to pee.jpg (160KB, 960x639px) Image search: [Google]
only go here if you need to pee.jpg
160KB, 960x639px
is there a place like this anywhere else? it's a nerd-themed coffee place like 3 shops down from the comic book store. self-proclaimed geeks gather there to take photos in a wooden doctor who box and place lycan-themed card games. it's something else...
>>
>>78879169
Omaha has a boardgame cafe/library and Legend which is comics+coffee. Does that count?
>>
Small place in Tempe, forget the name but it's really close to my campus
>>
>>78879887
Oh, forgot to mention that it's pretty decent, though also kind of small.
>>
Crazy small right now, it's part of the cinema I used to work in. I fucking love it because it's the first lcs we've had in almost 20 years, before I used to buy comics off a rack at the grocery store or have to drive 30 miles to the nearest.
>>
File: image.jpg (228KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
228KB, 750x1000px
>>
File: TFW No LCS.jpg (43KB, 400x597px) Image search: [Google]
TFW No LCS.jpg
43KB, 400x597px
>>78869971
>>
>>78873707

That place is the poop! I love old, crusty places that have tons of stuff jammed into every square inch of free space!

That, and they have older POP Vinyls at decent prices. Took this pic right outside the shop.
>>
>>78883088
Basically this
>>
>>78883198
Nice! That wall of Pop Vinyls makes me nervous every time I walk by it, I'm always afraid I'm gonna knock it over.

Can't wait until Free Comic Book Day. I'm already saving up for the discounts.
>>
File: naknkh-201404comics005.jpg (58KB, 560x420px) Image search: [Google]
naknkh-201404comics005.jpg
58KB, 560x420px
Owner can be a dick sometimes but other than that its great
>>
File: DSC06339_zps1c14a3aa.jpg (109KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
DSC06339_zps1c14a3aa.jpg
109KB, 1024x576px
Pretty fucking based really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qL9ABpI2Kc
>>
Half-Price Books
Comics section is five wooden bins of singles, one locked with the good stuff. They got half an aisle elsewhere in the store.
Last time I was there I ran into some guy with a lisp whom the staff clearly didn't want putting so much stuff on hold. Wouldn't respond to my friendly questions either.
>>
File: ma nigga.jpg (12KB, 291x209px) Image search: [Google]
ma nigga.jpg
12KB, 291x209px
>>78872239
Sup fellow Omaha bro! Gotta love Legend, can't go wrong.
>>
File: carryoncomics.jpg (731KB, 2876x1986px) Image search: [Google]
carryoncomics.jpg
731KB, 2876x1986px
This my LCS. Pretty average, the staff are nice though.

>>78873288
>Hellboy poster
>Scott Pilgrim
>All-Star Superman
>Maus
doesn't seem too bad to me. unless that's the entire selection

>>78878230
I'm a fan of Hairy Tarantula, they're right downtown in a tiny second-floor place that's insanely hard to find. Got a great selection and I've found some rare stuff there over the years, like Prince of Cats and the Hellboy GURPS sourcebook. They have a nice cat too.

Silver Snail is also good, a lot more toys, merchandise, and mainstream geek stuff than comics though. They also have a cafe called the Black Canary.

I've never been, but I've heard a lot about the Beguiling, which is apparently great for indie & alternative stuff.

When are you going in May? Because you should totally stick around for TCAF (and we could go for a beer)
>>
>>78883088
This

being mexican living near the border is suffering
>>
>>78883497

I know! Getting one of the ones on the bottom of that wall is harder than playing Jenga!

I've never been there for FCBD... do they usually have pretty good deals?

Additionally, did you hit up Heroes and Dragons for their 75% off sale that is going on til they move?
>>
>>78869971
>LCS
Nobody in my town is stupid enough to invest in a comic book store.
>>
>>78883759
I'm actually coming up specifically for TCAF! We should totally hang out! If I leave my contact info think we can stay in touch till May? First round is on me though!

>>78883620
Oh hey! I love it when l see other Omaha anons! We should talk comics at legend one day over coffee! My treat!
>>
>>78870015
This desu

I refuse to support this shitty industry full of fucking loser creators
>>
>>78883198
where'd you get that cute'thulu
>>
>>78883998
>I'm actually coming up specifically for TCAF! We should totally hang out! If I leave my contact info think we can stay in touch till May? First round is on me though!
Neato! Yeah totally! And holy, Omaha to Toronto is quite a distance. If you're travelling that far I'd be inclined to get the opening pints haha

You can hit me up at [email protected]
>>
I just found out that my old home town has a really nice comic shop now. They are slightly closer to where I live and are located in a nicer part of town then my current main comic shop. I am tempted to make this new shop my main shop but I feel guilty about living my current one since I've known one of the employee's for several years now. What do /co/?
>>
>>78883871
I've only been there once for FCBD, but I seem to recall there being a few sales.

And nah, I haven't been to Heroes and Dragons in forever. That's a hell of a deal though.
>>
File: 1.jpg (190KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
190KB, 750x1000px
Fourth World Comics & Toys on Long Island. Good selection, certainly the biggest out of any of the places I've been to here in Suffolk. Staff is all really friendly too.

If there are any better places out in Nassau I'd like to know about them. Though I probably wouldn't feel like driving all the way out to them anyway.
>>
File: me coomic shope.jpg (60KB, 814x354px) Image search: [Google]
me coomic shope.jpg
60KB, 814x354px
>>78869971
pretty chill places, the both of them. Rook's is more gaming oriented, but they have a few shelves and will order ongoings for you. Kelly's, however, is the best comic book shop I've seen in Montana
>>
Small and convenient
>>
I don't even fucking know, so far nobody has been able to point me in the direction of a good one because nobody here lives in this city.
So I guess I'll just continue going to this shitty chain comic/video game shop.
>>
>>78886288
Grasshopper Comics is probably the best shop in Nassau
Reallll far from Suffolk though
>>
>>78870015
Cool meme
>>
>>78869971
Where is there a LCS with that much floor space?
>>
>>78873574
Is this that place in Utah? Like Ogden or something?
>>
>>78875619
I've never seen anything like this before? State?
>>
>>78886508
Yeah, it would probably take me almost an hour to get out there. Oh well, it's not like I haven't been able to find most of what I've looked for at 4th World. Thanks though.
>>
>>78873574
TOP men.
>>
Small and comfy.

But I still prefer to buy comics online.
>>
File: staffars.jpg (52KB, 640x425px) Image search: [Google]
staffars.jpg
52KB, 640x425px
A tiny little thing with two guys who know what you want to read before you even enter.
>>
Nice little place. Can't say much about their floppies but jesus their graphic novels and trades are on point.
>>
Awesome. They do 40% off big 2 trades every single day.
>>
>>78886932
California in City of Industry
>>
File: ghj.jpg (88KB, 720x475px) Image search: [Google]
ghj.jpg
88KB, 720x475px
Comics Etc. Brisbane city central.

Am an Aussie, if you didn't realize.

Place is decent, if small-ish, but if there's something I can't find there, an ace comics also exists on the next street over. They aren't too bad either, but the table top fags reign supreme there. Usually have more obscure back issue at ace comics, too.

Comics Etc also has an entire wall devoted to batman comics, toys and memorabilia etc etc. Literally a fourth of the shop is bat faggotry.

> inb4 fat-batflash in pic

Any brisfags know of other/better stores?
>>
>>78892556
The one in my city is TBS. Nobody knoes what TBS stands for, but it has a giant bat symbal in front of it, so I assume it means "The Batman Sign"
>>
>>78892755
>TBS
something book store, I'd imagine
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.