[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to save the Legion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Legion-of-Super-Heroes-06-ee7f6.jpg (307KB, 900x1396px) Image search: [Google]
Legion-of-Super-Heroes-06-ee7f6.jpg
307KB, 900x1396px
Rather long article on the LOSH and how to potentially relaunch it

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/how-dc-comics-can-help-the-legion-of-super-heroes-live-long

the tl;dr version of it is:
>go full Star Trek, have it be from the point of view of new recruits (whether it be new characters or existing ones) to the Legion academy at first
>lots of optimism, no soap opera-y melodrama and short arcs
>world building
>later on get darker and more political a la a Tom King comic

What does /co/ think?
>>
>>78866831
>no soap opera-y melodrama
> In the Legion

What's the point?
>>
>>78866831
Legion is usually fun space adventures until crazy stuff starts happening not melodrama.
>>
The next one needs to just not involve Levitz, Giffen, or Lemire.
>>
>>78866831
I don't like the recruits thing. Legion already has six million motherfuckers I barely know the personality of, now I barely get to see them in favor of some OCs?
>>
>>78866831
>>go full Star Trek, have it be from the point of view of new recruits (whether it be new characters or existing ones) to the Legion academy at first
>>lots of optimism, no soap opera-y melodrama and short arcs
>>world building
I want all these
>>
>>78867459
Just have them be old characters. Rookie Sun Boy or whoever.
>>
File: Polar_Boy_02.jpg (242KB, 585x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Polar_Boy_02.jpg
242KB, 585x1024px
>>78867459
Doesn't need to be new OC's, they could just reintroduce some obscure characters and have them act as the new recruits. A book about rookie Berk and other "Legion of Substitute Hero's" characters might be neet
>>
>>78866831
It's a cliche, but all I want is not to have to know 50 years of continuity. Levitz didn't even try to have a good entry point for the New 52.
>>
Combine Legion with L.E.G.I.O.N.
>>
>>78867833
No we don't deserve L.E.G.I.O.N.
>>
>>78867809
Outside Superman and the LoSH, Legion of 3 Worlds, and the Legion Academy Stuff, Retroboot was mostly garbage and I'm glad it's gone.

>>78867864
Get off 4chan, Vril.
>>
File: Feeling Magnificent.jpg (25KB, 600x376px) Image search: [Google]
Feeling Magnificent.jpg
25KB, 600x376px
>>78866831
>Tom King LoSH
meow
>>
>>78868008
My top pick is Jeff Parker.
>>
>>78866831
this time R.J. Brande is just an earthman

pls don't downvote me
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.