[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Zim the first character to ever do the whole "tiny guy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8

File: zim comic.jpg (105KB, 1112x759px) Image search: [Google]
zim comic.jpg
105KB, 1112x759px
Was Zim the first character to ever do the whole "tiny guy with spider legs coming out of backpack to move around" thing?

I could have sworn i remember Dexter doing that on Dexter lab a few times.

Was there a character that did it before that? Besides maybe Doc Ock, who else uses long spindly legs to carry themselves around.
>>
bump for interest
>>
Teen titans had a guy like that. Which show come first?
>>
>>78844212
ZIM came first. Debuted in 2001. The Teen Titans show debuted in 2003.
>>
>>78844212
Zim was 2 years earlier.
>>
>>78844212
Is that a serious question?
>>
>>78843974
What the fuck do you mean MAYBE doc ock. thats been ocks thing for decades.
>>
>>78843974
If there's anything before doc Ock, it's probably some character from an old and obscure sci-fi horror novel.
>>
File: onepunchman childemperor.jpg (279KB, 802x730px) Image search: [Google]
onepunchman childemperor.jpg
279KB, 802x730px
Ive noticed the kid in One Punch Man does that.
>>
>>78844433
you guys think he is a reference to doc Ock or gizmo?
>>
Of all the possible topics for a thread, and of all the existing topics on the board right now, you made on of the stupidest.
>>
When I was kid, before Invader Zim, I made one character that was permanently stuck in a metal straitjacket of sorts, and could only do anything by projecting psychic limbs, like spider legs, to move around.
I'm pretty sure I didn't made that up by myself, I must have seen something similar somewhere.
>>
File: smith branagh.jpg (27KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
smith branagh.jpg
27KB, 600x300px
Maybe Pinky and the Brain? Brain was always coming up with crazy things like that.

Alternatively Pookie from Mother 3? That came out in 2006 but it has to have some precedent. in the series I would think (I've never played past the beginning of EarthBound and Mother 1 by myself). Surely some anime popularized it, like Astro Boy.

Wild Wild West came out in 1999 and it feels referential to something else.
>>
>>78843974
The legs coming out of the back thing was first started by dr octopus, but ti has been readapted and redone countless times.

I remember being a kid and having a character like that and im pretty sure I wasnt that original to have created that concept.
>>
File: greatmartianwarphoto.png (218KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
greatmartianwarphoto.png
218KB, 600x450px
>>78844433
its a visual key idea taken from the Tripods in war of the worlds.
The idea of the long spindly legs holding something up that is utterly alien comes from it.
>>
File: 17229167206_5309d6b9f3_o.jpg (2MB, 2412x3000px) Image search: [Google]
17229167206_5309d6b9f3_o.jpg
2MB, 2412x3000px
>>78846527
>>
>>78843974
Hey, somebody's using a picture I cropped. Neat.
>>
>>78844313
A lot of people don't have air-dates committed to memory, anon. Unless you thought he meant Teen Titans Go! in which case that might seem like a more absurd question.
>>
>>78844949
It's a strangely specific thing to wonder, but it's an interesting thing to ponder. Not sure why trivia upsets you.
>>
>>78844212
Gizmo is his name, I think
>>
File: showing my cat true euphoria.gif (2MB, 335x237px) Image search: [Google]
showing my cat true euphoria.gif
2MB, 335x237px
>>78852261
>>
>>78843974
Zim can be pretty scary and badass when he wants to be, huh?
>>
>>78856158
Yeah, we could totally have a better time discussing waifus or circlejerking over Jojo.
>>
File: Norris-Thing_Head.jpg (73KB, 264x292px) Image search: [Google]
Norris-Thing_Head.jpg
73KB, 264x292px
>>78843974
Made me think of this.
>>
File: jonnyquest.jpg (22KB, 450x334px) Image search: [Google]
jonnyquest.jpg
22KB, 450x334px
The eyeball spider from Jonny Quest is from 1964.

Doctor Octopus showed up in 1963. But I dont know if he walked around on the legs in his first few appearances or not.

The eyeball thing was deffinatley the frist thing to do the "tiny thing carried by big spider legs", but that was probably borrowed from War of the Worlds.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.