[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So if this fails, does this mean that WB is going back to square

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 25

So if this fails, does this mean that WB is going back to square 1 in making a DCCU like with Green Lantern?
>>
>>78841110

There's no way in hell that it'll actually lose money.

But if the critical and fan reception isn't good, then I don't know what they're going to do. They're already committed to and filming Wondy's movie.
>>
Wonder Womans already being made.
its also a film starring the 3 most known super heroes in the world. It can be as bad as Snyder wants and it'd still break a billion easy.
>>
No. They've already finished Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman is currently filming and JL starts filming in like 3 months. Sage because there's already like 3 DC shitposting threads you could have posted this in.
>>
>>78841160
they'll pull a Star Trek Beyond for whatever comes after Justice League part 1
>>
>>78841110
For one, even the most dc-marvel shill will admit it will make bank. WB will make money whether this is as bad as TASM 2 or as good as the dark knight.

2. No, if critics didn't like it, it wouldn't matter. They already have several movies in production. That's like if the incredible hulk did bad, they would have stopped with making the mcu.

If anything, they may delay the Justice League movie to plan it out more so it isn't as messy.
>>
I hope you and Angry Joe commit soduku
>>
>>78841110
Yes, please. And new casting for Wonder Woman.

Wish Cavill stays, but he is balding :/
>>
The hype is to much for it to fail
>>
>>78841110
Pretty much, except they've already got two other movies under lens and another probably ready to go.

It'll be another rolling reboot like after Catwoman and Superman Returns failed and they had to abort the planned crossovers with Batman a decade ago. It's not necessarily the end of the world if the other movies make money, but they'd have to make a lot because they'll be paying down the losses from this. They'd just recast a lot assuming it succeeded.

>>78841160
With low budget estimates falling at $200m it has to make in excess of $400m just to break even. When you take Snyders 10% of the gross into account - the same 10% he got from Man of Steel - it's even worse. I wouldn't put too much faith in the idea that they cast a movie with an (at the time of signing) A-list co-star and the same lead and supporting cast from the previous movie and somehow managed to reduce costs by $30m either; it's more likely they've spent $250m+, maybe before you even get to Affleck's appearance fees. He was reported to have received in excess of $12m just for a 10 second cameo in Suicide Squad, so fuck knows what he's getting for this.

>>78841241
JL won't start if this bombs. They will blame Affleck if that's the case, and they will end his appearances as a result.

>>78841276
TASM2 didn't make money. It spent too much on production and marketing and didn't make a big enough gross as a result. That's the whole reason they went for another reboot.
>>
File: 1428652835520.gif (2MB, 498x373px) Image search: [Google]
1428652835520.gif
2MB, 498x373px
>>78841110

Not with SS more or less done and WW filming.

If I had to guess they will cut budgets and be content with small or flat profits. Like the X-man franchise.

To stop and reboot the universe now would be the biggest embarrassment in cinematic history. It would cripple the brand of both WB and DC.

Marvel/Disney is going to continue to rape DC/WB all the way through Inhumans. There is nothing wb/dc can do about that short of hoping Marvel fumbles as badly as they did.

All they will do is eat the shitty hand they were dealt and smile.
>>
>>78841276
>WB will make money
Not if their marketing budget is egregiously huge.

This movie is their attemp at breaking in a new business venture (A cinematic universe) in a big way, if they aren't able to make a big splash, doubt anything of the proposed movies (Shazam, WW, Flash) would follow. They are betting all.

>they would have stopped with making the mcu.
But Iron Man 2 happened. Thing is, plans change, Marvel Studios was a small studio with no other goal on sight, WB on the other hand has the means to pull the breaks if something is wrong. They already did it with Green Lantern.
Man of Steel happened fast due the legal needs, and as you can see its sequel was retooled to have Batman in the forefront. You can bet that if it fails WB will jump off the trainwreck fast.
>>
>>78841873

What about Superman Returns and GL?
>>
>>78841932

What about them?
>>
>>78841873
>biggest embarrassment in cinematic history
Who cares? It's business.

Wasn't what happened to Sony Pictures the biggest embarrassment already? Leaks, firings, drama, North Korea, lost Spider-Man. They had to continue as a film studio anyway.

I bet WB prefers to save their money than to save face before E! News and Gawker.
>>
>>78841954

Weren't they originally supposed to kickstart a DCCU?
>>
>>78842015
>Who cares? It's business.

And business dictates you don't kill your brand image. Failing to create a cinematic universe with the whole DC property at your disposal will do just that.

Think of it like the situation with Marvel and Fox over F4. Fox just lost over 100 million and suffered a HUGE embarrassment entirely out of pride. Losing Daredevil only to have Marvel create ANOTHER smash hit with it, something Fox couldn't do, ANOTHER black eye.

Pride and money.
>>
>>78842206

Not Returns but I think I heard something to that effect with GL. What is different about GL is they waited to see how it did before putting money to anything else.

With BvS they are already all in financially.
>>
>>78842206
I think only GL was, while Superman Returns was just a continuation of the Christopher Reeve movies.
>>
File: z360 60fps.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
z360 60fps.webm
3MB, 640x360px
It's funny that this could be the downfall of WB/DC.

Chasing those shekels.
>>
>>78841746
Gonna need sources for literally everything in your post.
>>
>>78842206
No. Justice League: Mortal was.
>>
>>78841160
>There's no way in hell that it'll actually lose money.

Yep.

>But if the critical and fan reception isn't good, then I don't know what they're going to do.

They'll not give a fuck. What do they care that it's not a critical darling, or favoured by the few remaining comic book fans? Money talks, haters walk.
>>
>>78842393
Man, i just realized that this looked like a fucking video game
>>
>>78841160
>But if the critical and fan reception isn't good, then I don't know what they're going to do.

The same thing the Transformers franchise did, keep making movies because people will go see them regardless.
>>
>>78841249
What is "pulling a Star Trek Beyond"?
>>
>>78842575
Avengers in general looks like shit. Its the one thing DCEU has over the MCU, actual visual direction
>>
How well would this film do in the international markets?
>>
>>78842393
60 fps? That looks too smooth.

Good for videogames, films look weird.
>>
>>78842630
What's "DCEU"?
>>
>>78841110
Yes.
>>
>>78842702
DC Expanded Universe
AKA the DC Cinematic Universe
>>
>>78842630

Considering all the technical and visual awards Avengers and the MCU keep getting(from professionals in the field.)

You look pretty foolish.
>>
>>78842702
DC Extended Universe
>>
>>78842667
You get used to it but honestly there's not much point.
>>
>>78842756
Technical=/=visual direction
>>
>>78841746
>>78841873
>>78841930
>>78842227
>>78842285

Smartest posts in here.
>>
>>78842756
or, he could formulate his own opinion and say what he thinks
>>
>>78842756
Or Marvel has alot of aching jaws in tge PR department
>>
>>78842733
>>78842772

Ohh, right. Sorry. I don't know why I didn't made the "DCXX" connection.
>>
>>78842756
Technical and visual awards equate to how much CGI can you can put on screen without it looking like shit, it has nothing to do with art direction
>>
>>78842844
>Smartest posts in here.

Well it's either that or dumbass fanboys.
>>
File: 1434475869032.png (265KB, 334x393px) Image search: [Google]
1434475869032.png
265KB, 334x393px
Disney/Marvel drones getting BLASTED in the chin today. Stay insecure MCUcks
>>
I don't see them stopping but things like Cyborg and Shazam are getting cut.
>>
>BvS doesn't do well critically
>reduces from 2 films a year to 1
I'd be all smiles desu
Marvel films are already wearing thin so it'd be nice to slow down. Although it may take a while to get to the interesting and non-JL stuff this way
>>
If BvS doesn't rake in at least $1 billion/beat out CW at the box office, it's a flop in my eyes
>>
amazing how a 30 sec video shown today can bring out all the shills with the fury of 7 suns to shitpost
>>
>>78843063

>Implying the 2nd trailer wasn't dogshit also.
>>
>>78843052
CW comes after it though, you mean if CW beats BvS
>>
>>78843106

its ok, you will always have your manlet and quips
>>
File: goddamn-batman.jpg (193KB, 895x503px) Image search: [Google]
goddamn-batman.jpg
193KB, 895x503px
Whether this movie is any good or not depends completely on if Affleck says "I'm the Goddamn Batman"
>>
>>78843052
That's why you don't work for a major movie studio.
>>
File: 1326781401916.jpg (26KB, 451x347px) Image search: [Google]
1326781401916.jpg
26KB, 451x347px
>>78843052
>"I'm going to take my whole family out to see Civil War just to make sure that the DC Menace never tops a Marvel Production. I'm telling all my friends to do the same with their families as well!"

That's you. that's you being a good little goy.
>>
Im looking forward to wonder woman and suicide squad a lot more
Smdh
>>
>>78841110
Time Warner will make it´s money back on the lego game so they don´t care if yet another Warner Brothers movie flopps. Hell the way things are going they may even accept the Disney or Fox bid.
>>
File: projecting_projector.jpg (23KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
projecting_projector.jpg
23KB, 500x333px
>>78843672
>>
>>78842410
There was a Batman/Superman movie planned for 2007; this would either have been Nolan/Singer's versions, or a reboot of both franchises. Since only Nolan made money (but ironically, less gross than Singer, whose budget was 50% higher), they carried on with Nolan instead. The fact they were considering a crossover as far back as 2004 (which is on record) suggests that had Catwoman not flopped they'd have crossed over with her as well - the obvious one being Batman/Catwoman with Nolan Batman.

Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman are both either under lens or in post production, I really haven't been keeping up. There are set photos and everything. The first JL movie start date is after the BvS release, presumably to get a last-minute chance to make changes to things audiences bitch about. Low-end estimates for the BvS budget are $200m; but Man of Steel cost $225m in 2013 (equivalent to $229m in early 2016 at 1.9% inflation), and in line with the studio's last superhero budget sequence at adjusted prices (the Nolan Batman movies) a 12.5% rise between each is expected. That would put the budget here (presumably without Affleck's fees, which are likely to be considerable given that he signed as a recent Oscar winner) around $260m. Affleck's cameo in Suicide Squad was rumored last year to have earned him $12.5m, which is a figure that seems in-line with his expected earnings as an A-list male star, but could, admittedly, be made up, or include his BvS fees as well. As he costs a lot of money (which is not in question - he isn't working for scale here), and has brought his own pet writer into the BvS project *after* shooting began, cost overruns and audience hate can neatly be pinned on him - meaning nobody has to work with him again, and he's out of his contract. If the audience really doesn't like him (and they didn't like Clooney, who was far more personable at the time he took the role), he's gone. That would mean putting off the JL movie until they recast.
>>
>>78842410
Zack Snyder's earnings in 2013 were widely reported at about $68m, which is roughly 10% of the MoS gross, which was the only project he worked on that could possibly have paid him that much, and was released in 2013. It's possible that had the film made more he would have received less than 10% or more than 10% of the total worldwide gross, but elevators/gross points are far from unusual, and tend to be more generous either if the project is not expected to ever make money (which MoS wouldn't have, had half the rights and therefore earnings remained with the Siegel estate, as they had through production of MoS), or if the figure in question is considered to bring something essential to the project and is expected to push up earnings as a result.

Amazing Spider-Man 2 had a total budget (including marketing) estimated at $330m by industry professionals; it had a production budget estimated at $200m prior to release (though the true figure is likely in the leaked Sony emails somewhere, and without looking I can tell you is much, much higher than $200m - nobody ever spends $130m on marketing one movie, and again, the previous movie cost more; it's likely that the $200m figure was part of the damage control by Sony to stop their investors getting nervous about cost overrun).

Despite making $708,996,336 worldwide, ASM2 would have paid around $355m in distribution costs (because that's what the theater model costs - no, it doesn't come back to the studio even if it goes out through theater chains that are part of their group, they have overheads like staff and rent and so on) and would then have to pay marketing and production costs from the rest. 708-355=353, 353-330=20. $20m for a three-year stake of in excess of $300m is a pathetic return on investment, and BluRay/home video sales failed to make up for it, on top of which the movie was panned by critics and lukewarm with audiences.
>>
>>78842667
It looks good on shots without CGI, but with it really shows it up and creates uncanny valley.
>>
>>78843834
projecting what? how big of a faggot you are taking this company war shit seriously?
>>
>>78841110
They'll probably just crank out Batman or Superman only films.

I don't get the faggots that want this to fail. The choice isn't this or a redo. It's this or nothing, and then WB re evaluating how much the DC license is worth to them.
>>
>>78841163
Really, spiderman is in it?
>>
>>78841642
Angry Joe is the worst kind of MoS/Superman fan

At any rate it will make bank opening weekend. I really want this universe to work.
>>
>>78841110
If it fails superman is dropped from the DCEU
all the other movies are in post or production now.
At the very least you'll see Suicide squad and wonder woman
>>
>>78845877
>there anons right now trying to suggest this movie will under perform commercial expectations.

Do MCU films get this much shit?
>>
>>78845877
Is Justice League Dark still a thing or is that still in limbo? I recall talks of a Cyborg film that depended on the success of JL and that Green Lantern would be really late in the lineup.
>>
>>78845942
Every time, People kept posting how Antman would flop, and now Doctor Strange will too.
>>
>>78845942
Honestly its just easier to talk shit about the DCEU because its still relatively nonexistent and judged by a single installment. MCU has more under its belt and had a better start with Iron Man 1. However MCU films get a spike in criticism when introducing a new hero
>>
>>78845942
Its easy to shit on DC though because their production outright said that this movie needs to make a lot of money
Its kind of hard to root for them when they are so very obviously playing from a moneymaking perspective instead of a quality perspective
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb4jIwK91rE
>>
>>78846056
MCU has a proven track record that can make unknown properties outsell Superman

DCEU is lofty hopes and delusions of grandeur by some producers trying to make money
>>
>>78846085
>because their production outright said that this movie needs to make a lot of money

When? All tent pole blockbusters need to make a lot of money because a lot of money is put into them. Do you honestly think these studios make these movies for artistic purposes?
>>
>>78846148

I mean DC needs to make a movie with an unproven property that isn't an active, flaming turd like Green Lantern.

Moving away from the Marvel style of comedy-action was the smartest choice they could make. It's clear they can't do the same thing the MCU does, Green Lantern is what happens when Warner Brothers tries to do "light fun."

I don't know if Dong of Justice is going to be any good, but it at least doesn't have the flaming, screaming alarm signs that Green Lantern had.
>>
>>78846148
The unknown factor is really helping Marvel. What I hope DC does later on is introduce lesser known supporting characters like The Question, Doctor Fate, Red Tornado, Blue Beetle, or whoever to keep things fresh.
>>
File: 1349292462967.jpg (38KB, 470x312px) Image search: [Google]
1349292462967.jpg
38KB, 470x312px
>>78846113
literally all of my normal friends/co-workers are looking forward to BvS. Even Chris Evans is wanting to see it. Only /co/, /tv, &, /v/ thinks there is this battle taking place in the shadows between Distributors/Comic Publishers & moviegoers don't care who's producing. The Audience isn't a bunch of brand loyalist cucks like said boards.
>>
>>78846355
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf9KDZXUvFY
>>
File: 1447246597124.jpg (1MB, 950x1442px) Image search: [Google]
1447246597124.jpg
1MB, 950x1442px
>>78846270
Just give me something like First Flight with this costume and Im good. Still pisses me off how they dropped the ball with Green Lantern
>>
>>78841163
Batman, superman and spider man?
>>
File: 1343172799797.jpg (29KB, 201x214px) Image search: [Google]
1343172799797.jpg
29KB, 201x214px
>>78846355
>Even Chris Evans is wanting to see it.

Sometimes I forget that Chris is the only star in MCU that isn't a complete douche like RDJ, & gang.
>>
>>78846731
What about Chris Pratt? Him and Evans visited a children's hospital that one time in costume
>>
>>78846786
Oh really? That's really cool. Those are real heroes right there.
>>
File: QFetxTk.jpg (294KB, 1160x979px) Image search: [Google]
QFetxTk.jpg
294KB, 1160x979px
>>78846786
>>78846920
>tfw i am a sick kid.
>want to see the Avengers
>get this instead
>>
Man the TV spot is hilarious. Batman looks like such a doucebag throwing a temper tantrum because he wrecked his car.
>>
>>78847016
Is that still happening?
I've heard absolutely nothing about it lately.
>>
File: yaaaay fuck u.gif (2MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
yaaaay fuck u.gif
2MB, 400x400px
>>78843672
Look shitwit antisemite, no one cares what you think.
>>
File: supes.png (248KB, 487x423px) Image search: [Google]
supes.png
248KB, 487x423px
>>78847032
That must be the first round where Superman beats Batman. Henry Cavil's expression is exactly how this guy put it. >>78846113

>"Tell me, do you bleed?"
>Is this nigger serious? *flies off*
>"Y-You will..."
>>
>>78846632

>ust give me something like First Flight with this costume and I'm good

Considering that was just Training Day with aliens maybe David Ayer could do that one too.
>>
>>78841873
Why do you insist on always posting that gif, was a name or tripcode not good enough?
>>
>>78842393
Fucking hell, this looks like a TV show.
>>
>>78847106
At this point it can't not happen, the fallout from a cancellation would be too much for Sony especially after how shitty the last two years have been for them.
>>
>>78841746
Are you implying the movie won't make half a billion dollars? Cause that is a retarded implication. Look I know this board gravitates toward the young side but as a middle aged man, let me tell you that everyone is gonna see this. You know how your generation grew up with Marvel in it's face? Mine grew up with DC everywhere. I think you are naive and have no point of reference and are only taking your own age demographic into account when you make these unfounded claims.
>>
>>78849452
as a not middle aged man, I think we can say that this movie is going to make a lot of fucking money. Doesn't matter if it's shit or not. I'm not saying the new Star Wars is shit but half the people who've seen it haven't seen any other Star Wars film, not being elitist, I'm just saying this shit snowballs and it's fucking batman and super man in one film. Nobody cares about wondy.
>>
>>78849528
I think females and young boys WILL care about Wondy as well. I think we are actually going to see Wondy's recognition and popularity explode after her solo movie. She's already a decently big icon but this exposure will push her over the edge.
>>
>>78849579
They might "WILL" after this movie, but for this movie to make money people have to care about it BEFORE they see the movie, basically. That's why Batman and Superman are headlining this shit and not Batman v. Wondy or Wondy v. Supes.

And honestly, being an icon doesn't always equate to ticketsales and merch sales. I also almost feel that maybe for AD 2016 Wondy's image is too clean for mainstream women to care, look at how they eat Harley Quinn up. I know that there's more tastes and whatnot but these movies are going for the big audiences. But we will see. I am curious to see how things will end up.
>>
File: Poseidon.jpg (361KB, 1000x1176px) Image search: [Google]
Poseidon.jpg
361KB, 1000x1176px
>>78849579
I kind of hope it takes minor notes from Azz's run and give us interesting god designs. So tired of "guy in armor" or "guy in expensive suit masquerading as human"
>>
>>78849674

Women like Wonder Woman, people who pretend to be into geek culture and Batfags like Harley.
>>
>>78849757
People who pretend to be into geek culture and batfags are basically super hero cinema's target audience, guy. Superhero movies and tv series are literally what would-be pseudo-"nerds" consume instead of actual comic books.
>>
File: kojima-main.jpg (152KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
kojima-main.jpg
152KB, 700x500px
They need to hire this man to cut a trailer for them.
It will be the most hype trailer even if the movie is unfinished
>>
>>78847016
Can someone tell me the origin of the pic?
>>
>click into a BVS thread
>it's a Marvel circlejerk thread
Every time
>>
File: Laughing-Then-Crying.gif (298KB, 300x199px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing-Then-Crying.gif
298KB, 300x199px
>>78841642
>commit sudoku
>>
>>78842615
I haven't seen Into Darkness, but based on that movie's reception...take the franchise to the easier sell = "fun" direction
>>
>>78843402
He's already gone full MillerBats, seeing as how he calls people "son" and busyed out the "what it means to be a man" quote.
>>
>>78845942
/co/ gives EVERYTHING shit. Most casuals think these movies are sick as fuck, and quite a few of them barely draw any distinction between Marvel and DC.

Hell, if the kinds of fuckers who bitch on /co/ day in and day out made up the majority of the audiences, most of these movies wouldn't have been made. You can't please these bastards.
>>
>>78847729
He could write it...I'm very sure he's going to piss off a lot if he's allowed to visually represent it.
>>
>>78850810
>it's a Marvel circlejerk thread
Nothing new
>>
>>78847016
Fucking brutal...
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUN0F5wKbGE
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMoNUB0O5o4
>you'll never be called "son" by Batman
>>
If it is sucessful in China the DCCU would make more money than the MCU.
>>
File: 1373785861211.jpg (30KB, 276x395px) Image search: [Google]
1373785861211.jpg
30KB, 276x395px
>>78841746
>$12m just for a 10 second cameo in Suicide Squad
>>
>>78841746
Bullshit: The Post
>>
I can always count on Bean Counter Anon

How does he do it?
>>
File: SufferTheChildren.png (57KB, 184x211px) Image search: [Google]
SufferTheChildren.png
57KB, 184x211px
>>78847016
Look at the kid suffering in the background, you can see the life fading from their eyes.
>>
>>78847016
when the kid in the background dies theyll captures her ghost
>>
>>78850876
holy fuck man. I feel weird saying this because I just started browsing the 4 chan this week but
>how new are you
>>
This is the same board that said Ninja Turtles was going to bomb and that Michael Bay would have to start sucking dick for quarters. I wouldn't take anything this board says seriously ever.
>>
>>78847016
>literally capturing the moment the soul left the kid's body
>>
>>78843052
At this board's track. If it makes anything less than The Force Awakens, it'll be considered a flop. That goes for any film, rather it be DC or Marvel.
>>
>>78841110
>If

The superman reboot barely squeaked by, story wise
This will be an uphill battle for this movie, and to be quite honest mainline DC has always had an uphill battle, storywise

>>78842591
>>78842519
what is this the "Producers"?
why does crap keep getting bought?
Is there a threshold where after your consumer base gets big enough, people without taste outnumber everyone else?
>>
>>78847227
Fuck, he's hot.
>>
File: 1369040833355.jpg (3KB, 125x124px) Image search: [Google]
1369040833355.jpg
3KB, 125x124px
>>78847227
>This man will be Superman & James Bond in his life time.
>>
File: 1431663849267.jpg (34KB, 452x334px) Image search: [Google]
1431663849267.jpg
34KB, 452x334px
>>78841110
>a movie can only fail or be a huge success

this is the worst /tv/ meme of them all.
>>
>>78846521

I wish they showed it like that in our cinema, we only got a shorter version of an already shitty trailer.
>>
>>78850800
>>78853608
>>78847016
>>78856445
>>78856640
>>78856760

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMCaxL7YRj0
>>
>>78850800
As I recall it, the kids at the hospital saw that Ghostbusters was being filmed near them, and so they put up these posters on the window hoping that the actors would see them.
They all visited, and because it'd be shitty to deny a sick child a picture because they're not photogenic, they probably just took a picture with all of them.
>>
>>78857115
I'd really like to see him play Bond, especially since The Man from U.N.C.L.E. isn't likely to get a sequel, unfortunately.
>>
The only two things I want from the BvS movie is a scene with a shirtless Cavill and more of Cavill in a suit
>>
>>78841160
If it has a god awful reception, which seems kind of unlikely even though they're kind of marketing it strangely, they could just go Flashpoint rather early on or something.
But I imagine they would prefer to save that for quite a bit later when actor's contracts expire or some such so they can recast if some get too old or something.
>>
>>78858210
THIS.
>>
>>78842667
>>78843918
Go fuck yourselves, both of you, you degenerate shitstains.

The higher the framerate of a movie is, the more natural, realistic and immersive it is. People like you saying otherwise are holding the very art of cinema back and should be shot to death.

I am SO greatful that my TV has flawless motion interpolation.
>>
>>78841110
Even if it fails (it won't), DC still has Suicide Squad to close the summer. Which is a movie with Harley Quinn in it.

Mark my words, come the holidays Harley Quinn will be a worldwide cinematic sex symbol, fit to mention alongside the likes of Marylin Monroe and Ellen Ripley.

Even if everything else, literally everything else in DC's slate fails, there is no way in hell Harley won't get a solo film. And it will happen before Marvel makes a solo film with a female lead. And it will unquestionably be the first female superhero film (and even the first action film) with a solo female star billing to make a billion dollars. And then it will have sequals.

Again, that's IF every other DC movie fails. Which is nonsense. Man of Steel was already a runaway hit in theatres and it only gained more popularity once the rest of the world saw it and learned to never listen to manchild Superman fans again. And when has a movie with Batman in it ever failed?

And we haven't even gotten to the Justice League movie yet!

So yeah, don't get your hopes up OP you fag: the DCCU is here to stay.
>>
>>78843052
I'd like to gouge your eyes out with a branding iron.
>>
So uh yeah

Why the fuck did they spoil doomsday in the second trailer

Are they that fucking desperae
>>
>>78858803
So um yeah

No one gave you permission to talk.

I didn't tell you stop sucking.
>>
>>78858803
Desperate? It's smart marketi-

Oh, you're a Marvel shill...
>>
File: 1364384589684.jpg (14KB, 240x250px) Image search: [Google]
1364384589684.jpg
14KB, 240x250px
>>78841110
It won't, but even if Metacritic movie score is even 1% lower, and in the wake The Force Awakens changing our standards on what is or isn't a success. We'll probably say it flopped despite turning a profit and actually not sucking like Green Lantern.

I swear between you, /tv/, & /v/. I don't know which board is the worst at doom shouting at everything.
>>
>>78859006
*but even if Metacritic movie score is even 1% lower than the lowest score of MCU's catalog*

fixed.
>>
>>78859006
Yeah, these places can be insufferable.
>>
>>78859006

>I swear between you, /tv/, & /v/. I don't know which board is the worst at doom shouting at everything.

/a/
>>
>>78847227
I really love his reactions to the shit Batman says, both here and in the previous trailer.

Also damn, that is one good-looking man.
>>
>>78859183
/a/ atleast has facts to go on with stalkerpoint shit, but they're become faggots over it, I'll give you that. /tv/ just wants more trainwrecks so they have something to meme about, and /v/ is yelling at proverbial cruise ships to sink because TOR.
>>
For someone who doesn't kill people, this Batman is really violent. Both with the branding and wanting to see Supes bleed.
>>
File: 1438196056416s.jpg (11KB, 242x245px) Image search: [Google]
1438196056416s.jpg
11KB, 242x245px
>>78842630
>actual visual direction
kek
>>
>>78859355
It honestly would be more merciful to kill people than to cripple them
>>
>>78858853

No I'm curious

I want to watch the movie but now I know doomsday appears
>>
File: image_2012.jpg (82KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image_2012.jpg
82KB, 1280x720px
>>78859355
Well, he's inspired by Miller Bats, so that would explain it.
>>
>>78860453
Batman was never merciful in that sense, though. Don't pretend you don't know this.
>>
>>78859355
It's great.
>>
>>78856864
>$700 million

>A- on Cinemascore, i.e. the ratings site that actually matters

>mixed to positive critical reception

If this is your definition of "just squeaking by", you need to lower your standards a bit
>>
>>78858511
Looks like fucking shit, like a Benny Hill sketch.
>>
It's not going to fail, but hypothetically I suppose they'd just release movies they haven't already filmed or started filming. Wonder Woman and Suicide Squad will surely make their money back.
>>
>Bruce calling Clark "son"
Yeah, no wonder Clark wrecks the Batmobile after that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMoNUB0O5o4
>>
>>78862986
>putting BOYS HMMM in a tv spot

Do they want people to see this movie?
>>
>>78862986
How old is Bruce supposed to be in this movie? Because unless he's over 50, calling a 30-year old guy "son" is tacky.
>>
It really is kind of pathetic seeing DC try so hard to replicate Marvel's success despite not having any people knowing what the fuck they're doing.

Why would they have their second movie already be introducing the concept of a justice league when there was no buildup to it at all?

Why would they call it "Batman v Superman" and explicitly reveal that they end up teaming up at the end? Doesn't that take away from the entire concept of them being in a conflict in the first place?

Why wouldn't they even try to establish each of these characters, apart from Superman, in their own self contained stories so that they have some kind of substance to them?

Why do they keep trusting Zach Snyder to make a movie that isn't complete shit?

I've watched and read a lot more DC stuff in my life and I really want this to work, but this all looks like it's going to be a complete trainwreck.

Accuse me of being a marvel drone all you want, but everything about the DCEU looks like it's being driven by studio executives who couldn't be bigger fucking idiots if they tried.
>>
>>78863737
They're not doing solo films before a team one exactly because they don't want to do Marvel's thing. Besides, the Justice League was always more familiar to casuals than Avengers were.
>>
>>78845769
>>78846717

All this time, Sony did have a deal. They were just pretending it was with Marvel to throw us off the scent. I am looking forward to the Batman and Spider-Man dynamic.
>>
>>78863116
Yeah, it's weird with Affleck being 43.
>>
>>78847227
How is he so dreamy, /co/?
>>
>>78864187

Not doing solo films is an objectively worse approach.
>>
>>78864684

According to what?
>>
File: EVERY TIME.jpg (123KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
EVERY TIME.jpg
123KB, 768x576px
>>78863737
>Why would they call it "Batman v Superman" and explicitly reveal that they end up teaming up at the end?

Everyone knows tha they would team up. Seriously, you was such an autistic faggot that thought that Batman and Superman would hate each other by the endo f the movie? Read some comics.

>Why wouldn't they even try to establish each of these characters, apart from Superman, in their own self contained stories so that they have some kind of substance to them?

You didnt saw the movie and is acting like you know the substance of the characters. What the actual fuck?

I dont think that you are a marvel drone, just the typical /tv/ shitposting butthurt faggot.
>>
>>78864187
>They're not doing solo films before a team one exactly because they don't want to do Marvel's thing.

No

They are not doing it because they could very easily fall into another Green Lantern situation 2 or 3 flick in.

That and who knows how long this superhero thing lasts, better to go for a quick buck.
>>
>>78864993
They're still doing solo movies, they're just not doing the set-up origin story because no one cares about those. The vast majority of the people who saw Avengers didn't bother to see the other phase 1 movies beyond Iron Man 1 and 2. People want to see team ups, which is why Marvel is now doing team up movies for every movie they make.
>>
>>78864684
They should have done a Wondy film after MoS. We've seen Batman enough times that he doesn't need another introduction.
Thread posts: 166
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.