[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Watchmen >Lucifer >TDKR >Hellblazer Which beloved

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1418592124802.jpg (38KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
1418592124802.jpg
38KB, 500x370px
>Watchmen
>Lucifer
>TDKR
>Hellblazer

Which beloved old limited series is DC going to drag kicking and screaming through a pile of shit next?
Taking all bets.
>>
>>78826902
Lucifer wasn't a limited series, though.
>>
>>78826960
Semantic's: It was in the sense that it had definitive ending. That story was well and truly over.
>>
>>78826902
I'm sure they have a lot of shit planned for Sandman once Gaiman dies, but, unless he gets killed in an accident or a shooting or something, it'll be a good while before that happens.
>>
>>78826995
You can be sure they coaxed him into Overture. It was alright, but I could have lived with not knowing how Morpheus got trapped.
And let's not forget about that movie they're trying for.
>>
>>78826902

We already had Before Watchmen. And Hellblazer got fucked by them bringing Constantine into the DCU and making him hang out with capes.

So that leaves TDKR and Lucifer, and Sandman.
>>
>>78827052
Joseph god damn Gordon Levitt needs to get the FUCK away from my Vertigo masterpieces.
>>
>>78827058
Maybe I'm losing my mind, but that's exactly what I was getting at: every one on the list is an old property that was dragged out and milked for brand recognition. Makes no sense for Lucifer, though: I can't imagine anyone who read it would want a continuation.
>>
File: Morrison 4 Lyfe.jpg (355KB, 962x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Morrison 4 Lyfe.jpg
355KB, 962x1500px
>>78826902
If they touch pic related, I can't be held responsible for my actions. Probably won't happen, though, thank christ.
>>
>>78827114
You think Grant wouldn't sell out in a flash if it was offered? He absolutely would. He's desperate for mainstream recognition.
>>
File: 1418822825479.jpg (33KB, 600x455px) Image search: [Google]
1418822825479.jpg
33KB, 600x455px
>>78827114
But anon what about The Matrix?

>>78827086
I don't think anyone could do it well, it just doesn't seem like it would translate successfully into a movie format.
>>
>>78827058
>Hellblazer got fucked by them bringing Constantine into the DCU
He was always in the DCU, in one of the earlier issues of Hellblazer he makes a remark about how dumb superheroes are and that there are too many of them
>>
>>78827183
>He's desperate for mainstream recognition
I honestly don't think he is. If you read Supergods, he talks about how he could do the Mark Millar thing (lowbrow movie pitches disguised as comics) but prefers to homage, like, esoteric silver age shit. Maybe my fanboyism is blinding me, but I think Morrison could get mainstream recognition if he dialed the crazy down; I think he just doesn't want to.
>>
>>78827238
I think they're referring more to the fact that he used to just do his own thing, but then they went and literally put him in a cape.
Sandman was in the DCU, too, but it was, by and large, isolated.
>>
>>78827297
He's best buds with Gerard Way, iirc, so he has the connections. Maybe going mainstream for a couple of years would rein him in a bit: I couldn't stand Nameless.
>>
>>78826902
I'm pretty sure Sandman has been confirmed to be next
>>
>>78827184
>it just doesn't seem like it would translate successfully into a movie format.
Yes. Thank you. The one thing I could see, would be an animated movie, if they put tons of effort into it.
>>
>>78826991
Oh nigga, you haven't seen the new issue yet have you? It's fucking shit
>>
>>78827330
Honestly, that Santa origin comic he's doing right now feels kind of conducive for a movie adaption.
>>
>>78826902
>Which beloved old limited series is DC going to drag kicking and screaming through a pile of shit next?
Preacher. not a single thing about it looks good.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.