[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Captain Planet-tier villains

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

File: Dario Agger.png (524KB, 646x513px) Image search: [Google]
Dario Agger.png
524KB, 646x513px
>I am a the CEO of Roxxon Oil, and also very evil
>I kill my employees for fun
>I like polluting
>I have a News Network that's basically Fox News
>All I care about is money
>My stated objective is to squeeze the Earth dry until there is literally nothing left
>I join forces with genocidal Norse villains even though I lose money in doing so
>Also I transform into a Minotaur monster and eat people
To me Roxxon and Dario Agger's over-the-top cartoony evil attempt at criticizing real world Oil corporations really falls flat.
He exemplifies everything I hate about the "evil rich guy" cliché we often see in comics.
And I don't get why he's a Thor villain of all people, he doesn't seem to belong
>>
>>78823582
I don't know, wasn't Thor like all about protecting Earth and nature and shit? At least before?
>>
This was from female Thor wasn't it? Of course it's terrible.
>>
>>78823582
A million times better than Malekith.
>>
File: 4456556.jpg (294KB, 820x519px) Image search: [Google]
4456556.jpg
294KB, 820x519px
>>78823582
Sometimes his absolute contempt for human lives has been kind of amusing, but yes, you're right OP, for the most part he's so cartoonishly evil you cannot take him seriously as a threat. He really comes across has the kind of guy that would fight Captain Planet in a grim and gritty reboot.
>>
>>78823641
He debuted in Aaron's run on male Thor. He was terrible there too. >>78823665

>>78823650
At least Malekith isn't full of lame attempts at social commentary. He's just an evil asshole that wants power and war.
>>
>>78823582
>>78823665
Considering the sheer number of supervillains Roxxon has been behind over the years they've long since passed the point of parody. But you're right, Dario Agger has gone past entertaining cartoon villainy and straight into, "Why hasn't anyone from Roxxon killed him yet?"
>>
>>78823683
>At least Malekith isn't full of lame attempts at social commentary.
I bet you thought the god butcher arc was full of religious commentary.

>He's just an evil asshole that wants power and war.
Exactly what Malikith is except shittier.
>>
File: Batman_on_guitar.png (702KB, 851x477px) Image search: [Google]
Batman_on_guitar.png
702KB, 851x477px
Why hasn't Batman killed Dario Agger yet?
>>
>>78823582
>>78823744
It gets better. The RED SKULL used to be the CEO of Roxxon, and Dario Agger still manages to be the most cartoonishly evil villain associated with Roxxon.

>>78823777
>I bet you thought the god butcher arc was full of religious commentary.
Well yeah, it kind of was
>>
>>78824032
>Well yeah, it kind of was
You're taking this shit too seriously. Take a step back anon.
>>
>>78823817
no kill rule.
leaving him to die on the other hand....
>>
>>78823582
>To me Roxxon and Dario Agger's over-the-top cartoony evil attempt at criticizing real world Oil corporations really falls flat.

Especially since all he had to do was brush up on real world history to frame his characters better.
>>
>>78824333
Yes, the problem with evil fictional CEOs is that instead of showing them doing the terrible things real corporations do, they go over the top by making them do ridiculous things they wouldn't do in real life either because there is no profit or because they would easily get caught.
>>
>>78823582
Pretty much any time a religious human shows up in X-Men comics, he's a mutantphobe that thinks mutants are sinful creatures that offend God and must be killed.
The thought process is probably "in real life many religious folks are agianst gays, since mutants are an allegory for gays, that means religious folks wanna kill mutants", which is a huge leap in logic that I find kind of offensive
>>
>>78824589
They're not an allegory for gays man.
>>
>>78824709
This. They can't even get AIDS.
>>
There is literally not a fucking thing wrong or cartoony about this villain.

I say that as a centrist who leans Republican who hates the evil rich guy cliche also.
And I say that as someone who wants to bitch slap Aaron and the editor who thought it was OK for the Titana scene.

Maybe it's just because I'm intelligent enough to not buy into the concept of stereotypes, just because ONE individual character is a bad person, that does not make people like him inherently villains.
It's why I will never agree that the Mandarin/Fu Manchu is racist, NO ONE IS FUCKING SAYING ASIANS ARE EVIL SORCERER MASTERMINDS, WE ARE SAYING THIS INDIVIDUAL CHARACTER IS AND HE FUCKING BADASS FOR IT.
Jesus Christ it's like saying King Arthur is offensive to British people.
>>
>>78824739
Chuck, please.
>>
>>78824589
Except KEY thing, them fearing mutants would be immeasurably more logical then them fearing Gays.
Considering Gays have absolute zero abilities beyond regular people while some mutants can will with their mind or crush cities by making a fist.
>>
>>78823582
At least the CEO of Roxxon now has a personality. They've had a revolving door of interchangeable "evil East Coat capitalist" or "Evil Texan oilman" CEOs for decades now.
>>
>>78823582
>>78823744
You know what would be great? If Dario Agger is defeated not by Thor, but by getting booted by Roxxon's board because he's lost hundreds of billions thanks to his partnership with Malekith and personal vendetta against Thor, because they're having trouble recruiting new employees because Agger keeps killing them, because SHIELD and other governments keep investigating them and because he gives Roxxon bad PR just by existing and talking.
>>
>literally called D. Agger
>>
>>78824848
Gays can make you gay just by flirting with you! Never let your guard down!!
>>
>>78824848
>Gays have zero abilities
Hurr durr what is AIDS
Gays are responsible for more dead people than Hitler
>>
File: This is Bait.png (481KB, 400x588px) Image search: [Google]
This is Bait.png
481KB, 400x588px
>>78825004
>>
Aaron is such a shitty writer.
Seriously awful, even his earlier Thor stuff is overrated
>>
>>78825043
What's your problem with Southern Bastards faggot?
>>
Roxxon has a few antiheroes who've been associated with it over the years. I would quite like an ongoing or miniseries about a Roxxon-sponsored team with a lot of moral dubiety.
>>
>>78825140
>Roxxon has a few antiheroes who've been associated with it over the years
Who? Only one I can think of is Deadpool, everyone else whose associated with Roxxon has been a villain
>>
File: serpent society.jpg (184KB, 918x573px) Image search: [Google]
serpent society.jpg
184KB, 918x573px
>>78825140
It seems like half the Serpent Society got their start at Roxxon.

Fuck, Serpent Society wouldn't be a bad group for a miniseries. When they appear there's often conflict between those who understand game theory and can work together for profit and those who can't control chronic backstabbing disorder.
>>
>>78825331
Sepulchre, Grasshopper, Stratosfire, Windshear
>>
>>78825375
Spencer and Lieber on a Superior Serpent Society would be a dream come true.
>>
>>78825442
I dunno, Serps should be a bit more serious.

But I wouldn't say no to Spencer and Lieber on anything.
>>
>>78825516
>a huge bunch of snake-themed supervillains who act like the world's worst corporation, and even have rejects like the eel as members (eels are not snakes)
>more serious
>>
>>78825533
When you put it that way, nothing in a superhero universe will be serious.
>>
>>78825590
That's true, you're right.
>>
>>78823665
If you lace a creatures blood with amphetamines all you're doing is giving them a high tolerance to said amphetamines

We're giving these sharks a high tolerance for cocaine! Yeah!
>>
>>78823582
> attempt at criticizing real world Oil corporations
that's not what this is. stop overthinking.
>>
File: world's wealthiest psychopath.png (41KB, 246x147px) Image search: [Google]
world's wealthiest psychopath.png
41KB, 246x147px
>>78823582
I like to think this is an actual plaque on the wall. He just has them put up here and there
>>
>>78823582
>>I join forces with genocidal Norse villains even though I lose money in doing so
It was almost funny. Dario Agger angrily yells that Malekith cost Roxxon 200 billion dollars (the GDP of several countries), but Malekith just says the Oil he takes from Svartlheim makes up for it and Agger just accepts it.
How much Oil would Roxxon need to extract for how many years to make up for a 200 billion dollar loss?
>>
>>78823618
was he?
>>
Real life corporations have done worse over the course of history. I mean, no singular one has done everything worse, but there are individual events from different ones that could be considered worse. I'm not just talking about common shit like slave-like (or literally slavery) labor or poor working conditions.

Nestle indirectly killed babies. The Bhopal gas disaster. Withheld information regarding Asbestos and Radium. DeBeers with its history of funding dictators and civil wars. Cases within Big Pharma of price gouging.

I'm not anti-business or corporation at all, but it's not ENTIRELY ridiculous.
>>
>>78823641
>the common /co/ shitposter
>>
>>78826971
Those are the kind of corporations can actually get away with. This isn't >>78823665
>>
>>78825375
They changed their name to Serpent Solutions in the current Captain America run.
>>
>>78823665
Isn't Roxxon an Oil company? Since when does it produce fish?
>>
>>78824913
Lex Luthor is a corporate villain done right
>>
>>78823582
Honestly, I'm actually kind of liking how cartoonishly villainous Agger. There's been too many sob stories and Freudian excuses that it's sort of like a nice palette cleanser. Agger's not good in any sense, but he is strangely refreshing. He's so over the top that he's just fun_______ to follow.
>>
>>78833211
Fun is a buzz word

More seriously the writing is bad, and not bad in a good way, just really bad and stupid, and not stupid in a cool way, just dumb.
>>
>>78823665
I was reading this thinking that he was turning bears into living weapons....but all he wanted is sell fucking fish.
>>
>>78826971
My favorite one was when Bayer realized they'd accidentally contaminated a huge batch of an anti-hemophilia drug with fucking HIV so they yanked it off U.S. shelves and sold it in countries where nobody is rich enough to lawyer up instead.
>>
>>78835055
Pretty much all of his plans for making money involve POLLUTE AND DESTROY EVERYTHING.
>>
A bastard bought the rights to hiv treatment and boosted the price to to an obscne amount

fracking is a thing

Trump is running for president, and might win

Captain planet wasn't a cartoon, it was a warning you dumb fucks
>>
>>78823582
>>78823665
I actually like villains like these. They come across as more realistic.

If anything, I can't stand antagonists who rob banks and burn down villages because they want to pay for their daughter's operation.

I mean, it's not like Josef Kony or Jeffery Dahmer did what they did because they want to cure cancer.
>>
>>78835325
If you consider this realistic you are actually retarded.

People in Big Business who screw over the little guy do so in pursuit of their personal welfare, not just so they can twirl their moustache and actively fuck themselves over.
>>
>>78834969
Grow up, kid.
>>
>>78835386
But that's the point. This guy is letting his employees die so keep can keep his company's profits afloat.
>>
>>78835517
Companies do not work that way.
>>
>>78835517
That's just bad PR, and you're just asking to get huge lawsuits
>>
File: 234142.jpg (26KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
234142.jpg
26KB, 300x300px
>>78835497
psssh.... nothin personnel.... kid....
>>
>>78835242
>Trump is running for president, and might win

that's kinda less "Captain Planet" and more of a "viciously black-humored '80s cyberpunk satire" type of detail isn't it? like... I can't remember weather or not anybody mentioned who the US president was in RoboCop, but if you told me it was Donald Trump I would be completely unsurprised.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.