[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I watched Ant-Man again for the first time since it was in theaters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 10

File: ant-man-costume.jpg (75KB, 1200x621px) Image search: [Google]
ant-man-costume.jpg
75KB, 1200x621px
I watched Ant-Man again for the first time since it was in theaters and I was surprised how much more I liked it this time around - definitely one of the best of phase two.

What did you think of it?
>>
File: 1CTMXO1.png (69KB, 181x229px) Image search: [Google]
1CTMXO1.png
69KB, 181x229px
ANTS
>>
>>78818136
Mediocre movie with a shit leading actor.

Disaster!
>>
File: 10YLvi2.png (145KB, 337x351px) Image search: [Google]
10YLvi2.png
145KB, 337x351px
A N T S
N
T
M
A
N
>>
File: ant_man_2__by_jhytse_d92yqlp.jpg (200KB, 1024x1172px) Image search: [Google]
ant_man_2__by_jhytse_d92yqlp.jpg
200KB, 1024x1172px
>>78818136
I love Antony :3
>>
>>78818136
Bland generic villain, jokes in every scene took me out of the movie, and boring action never made it feel like anyone was in real danger.
>>
>>78818136
Goddamn that outfit is great.
>>
>>78818136
Its great
>>
Pretty good, but villain was absolute shit and the movie has some pacing issues with it taking 80 minutes just for him to finish up all the too long exposition, training, and actually go into action leaving a very rushed ending. Overall 7/10
Also wtf was with the weird ass black hole c4 bomb? He already destroyed all the servers and backups. Or reversely why bother destroying all the computers if they were just gonna blow it all up?
>>
>>78818136
p o o r m a n ' s i r o n m a n

not enough shrinking scenes, shit 2/10
>>
>>78818136
It was good but you're long last the one week /co/ actually liked this film before turning on it. Try to be faster next time.
>>
>>78819681
This
>>
>>78818136
It was kind of awesome, actually, which I didn't expect to be saying before it came out. But hell, what did I know, I was holding out hope for Fant4stic to be good at one point. Joke's on me for thinking
fox had it in them to make a good Fantastic 4 movie.

Basically what I'm saying is that it was the best superhero movie of 2015, which was a pleasant surprise.
>>
File: Capture.png (101KB, 1254x378px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
101KB, 1254x378px
>>78818136

>ant-man

fyi Ant-Man is close to hitting 81%
>>
I liked the movie so much it prompted me to start reading Ant-Man comics and now, he's probably one of my favourite Marvel characters, Pym or Scott.
>>
How did he shrink at the end, considering he had just replaced the device in his belt that allowed him to grow?
>>
>>78822485
it's just a film, you really should relax
>>
>>78822444
Pym Particles, son
>>
>>78819681
They had to get rid of the not-Pym particles so they couldn't be reverse engineered. The servers were fried to be thorough. And I don't think they were aware of what would happen when the not-Pym particles were destroyed.
>>
I loved it
>>
>>78819056
Antony's death actually got to me, It was so amazingly quick and final, I didn't see it coming.

Pretty good movie, definitely suffered from some pacing and writing issues but still one of my favorites of all the Marvel movies. I think that the only thing I didn't like is "shrinks the space between atoms". Weren't Pym Particles all about inter-dimensional mass/matter displacement? Are MCU fans too stupid for the comic explanation of those particles?
>>
>>78822485
He set it to Wumbo.
>>
>>78818136
It was the work of gypsies!
>>
>>78818136
I did not like it the first time around. I had a free ticket for any movie and I used it to see it and I did not feel like I got my worth even though there were no better movies in the near future.
>>
>>78823501
>sees movie for free
>did not get moneys worth

ouch, that seems harsh
>>
>>78818550

This.

Action comedy! LMAO
>>
>>78819056
You'd think that a movie that did so much research on ants would know that most ants outside of the hive are female.
>>
Good 4th quarter, shit everything else
Especially the hiest set-up. This isn't Super Ocean's 11
>>
>>78826065
Scott didn't know that.

Besides, the movie's ants weren't that realistic. Crazy Ants aren't immune to electricity, that's bullshit, and the bullet ants were ridiculously underpowered in the movie. Bullet Ants are way more painful and the pain is FAR more long lasting than what the move depicted.
>>
>>78826263
I remember reading about some kind of rite in passage in I think Brazil where people wear a glove full of bullet ants, which is supposed to be some of the worst pain imaginable.
>>
>>78826174
>Especially the hiest set-up. This isn't Super Ocean's 11
But that's exactly what the intention was
>>
Probably the second best Marvel flick behind Guardians. Really pleasantly surprised. The humor hits, the heart as well. Good concise plotting, world building, great action and effects.
>>
>>78826377
Well it fucking failed
>>
>>78826397
I'd put TWS over Ant-Man but it's hard to compare it to GotG
>>
The scene with Falcon was fucking garbage.
>>
>>78826335
It's a shirt, actually
>>
>>78826335
That's right!

This one is a NatGeo documentary about them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGIZ-zUvotM

This one is how some brit reacted to it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it0V7xv9qu0
>>
I enjoyed it. The only thing that bothered me was the whole setup about them needing a thief to do this heist when all they really needed was someone to follow their directions since they came up with the entire plan. The only thing he really contributed was coming up with the idea of getting in through the water pipes.
>>
Better than Man of Steel.
>>
>>78826263
>>78826065
don't they state directly in the movie that Antony is female but Scott just sticks with it anyway
>>
>>78827262
It wasn't.
>>
>>78827262
That's not hard to do.
>>
>>78827079
both his history of anti-corporate espionage and his motivation of his daughter made Scott the perfect, well, sucker, to talk into risking his life that way. It made him easy to manipulate and unlikely to just take the suit and sell it compared to some mercenary.

remember that Pym first noticed him when he made the papers. it was like the universe had shown him the perfect schmuck for the job.
>>
>>78818136
DC drones heard it had a troubled production and wanted so bad for it to be the end of Marvel box office dominance that they literally tried to will it into sucking.

Solid movie. Great heist film, memorable characters. I give it an A.
>>
>>78827751
I'm a DC fan, gave it an honest shot, still hated it.

Maybe people just hate a crappy movie because its crappy, autismo.
>>
>>78818136
2nd best Marvel movie. Only reason it beat GotG is because the ending was fucking beautiful.
>quantum realm
>family supper
>step-dad turning out to be cool after all
>Wasp finally
>families reconciling.

The sub plots of family were what made the movie relatable and made it have heart.
>>
File: ANTS.png (10KB, 170x174px) Image search: [Google]
ANTS.png
10KB, 170x174px
>>78828203
>>
>>78828335
What's that supposed to show?
>>
>>78828391
that people liked it on the whole
>>
>>78823223
comics explained it a few ways but yeah currently it's extra dimensions. The math almost works if you pretend that it's a 3 dimensional object in 4 dimensions. I prefer my way though.

Increase mass of electrons shrinks their orbit, just replacing electrons with muons would make an object about the size of a large ant and only increase mass by 1%. Main problem is to preserve inertia while decreasing WEIGHT (not mass). That's what I think the Pym particles do, decouple mass from the gravitational force, but still keeping mass and thus inertia. So you could increase mass and thus strength by shrinking and still ride an ant.
>>
>>78823501
one of the only movies I found worthwhile to see in 3D. I fucking hate watching 3D most of the time, it's dark and most of the time the 'close' stuff is so out of focus I can't tell what the fuck is going on. This was the first movie that did it right since Beawulf.
>>
>>78828482
>on the whole
>87%
100% is a whole, buddy.

Shit felt like the same thing marvel does every movie. Although the heist aspect of it was a nice bit of change, the rest still ruined the movie for me.

See
>>78819360
and prove me wrong
>>
>>78826263
Crazy Ants do conduct electricity VERY well though. They have a very low resistance for some reason, sure some fry but not as much and as easily as should.
>>
>>78828203
Wrightfag pls go
>>
Second best MCU movie

Still impresses me that this movie had a director change and is still cohesive as fuck, whereas AoU is a mess. Too many cooks on that one I guess
>>
>>78828729
there was only one too many cooks and his name was whedon. pretty much all the movies problems came from his refusal to kill his darlings during editing, and instead cut scenes that were pretty integral to the narrative
>>
>>78828850
That wasn't his decision, he wanted a lot of those scenes but instead production wanted to ham in the stupid Thor/Infinity Stones, Klaw (which was fucking awesome, so that's a good keeper) and who knows what else. Whedon wanted to cut the Thor side plot, but production said if he wanted to keep cabin scene he needed to include that. So he cut a bunch of other stuff that should have been included like Tony using his brain patterns for Ultron.

Quit blaming Whedon for every fault of the movie. It was still a pretty good movie, in the middle ground of MCU. But the problems go far beyond Whedon
>>
Not into cape really, but IM1, TWS, Ant-Man and GotG are not bad at all.
>>
>>78823223
Pym particles are about "he shrinks, he grows and if you want a realistic explanation for that you're in the wrong place mugger
>>
File: lady boner.gif (3MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
lady boner.gif
3MB, 350x197px
>>78829105
unarguably the best 4 MCU movies, pick whatever order you want out of them but they are way above all the rest
>>
>>78829088

The MCU "editorial" is as bad as Marvels own. They commissioned a SHIELD show knowing they were going to kill SHIELD and the didn't even tell the staff it was going to happen at first.
>>
>>78826263
>>78826335
Bullet Ants cause pain equivalent to being shot. But the important part is that the pain isn't quick. It continues unabated for 24 hours. It feels like you're being shot non-stop for an entire day.
>>
>>78829248
They did tell the writing staff which is why the first half of the season is jam packed with all the different facets of SHIELD and how it operates

They wanted to show what SHIELD was like before it fell
>>
>>78829411
Shmitt pain index, now combine that with this years IG Nobel prize in Biology for the most painful areas to be stung and you have a new super hero. Upper Lip is most painful, even compared to the penis
>>
>>78829248
They didn't tell the cast, but did tell the writers. I'm not exactly sure why you think this is a problem.
>>
>>78822485

He could have used a disc on himself.
>>
>>78818136
Was fun.
>>
>>78823223
It's pym particles, I ain't gotta explain shit
>>
>>78828547
>100% is a whole, buddy.

Let me turn this situation around 360 degrees and see how you like it.
>>
>>78827502
On opposite day maybe

>inb4 someone says i rekt this chump
thanks m8 but i already know
>>
>>78827262
You make sound like it's something hard to do.
>>
>>78829105
>>78829189
>GotG
>good

yeah babby's first space opera: quips ediiton is super quality
>>
File: durr.png (43KB, 168x129px) Image search: [Google]
durr.png
43KB, 168x129px
>>78833351
>>
>>78834343
Jar Jar pls go
>>
File: and parker laughed.png (177KB, 203x279px) Image search: [Google]
and parker laughed.png
177KB, 203x279px
>>78835177
>Jar Jar

Is that what we're calling SW shills now?
>>
>>78835177
>>78835223
jokes on you faggot I only like Episode V, all the rest fucking suck donkey dick
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.