[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone read this? What are your toughs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: monstress_001_001.jpg (2MB, 1987x3056px) Image search: [Google]
monstress_001_001.jpg
2MB, 1987x3056px
Anyone read this? What are your toughs?
>>
>>78801908
*toughts
>>
>>78801908
I only read the first issue. the art was great, the story and the world have potential, but it seems too manga-like to me.
>>
Not sexy enough. You can't open up your comic with the slave auction of a cute brown amputee and then not go down the sexy route.
>>
>>78801908

Any dl links?
>>
>>78802097
Yeah, you can.
>>
My thoughts on issue 1:
>really great concept, very interested to see where it goes
>love the old gods stuff like >>77244786
>like the equivalence of cannibalism with power and the implication that perhaps the witches could easily become/transform into arcanics themselves - was hoping they'd show a bit more power or a more gruesome transformation
>execution a bit flawed - not sure how to explain this, it doesn't seem to hit the kind of intensity it wants?
>characters a bit flawed (all feel kinda one note apart from maybe the main char/the slave seller interaction at the start)
>in particular I don't think lines like "I liked you better when you were on fire" and "I didn't want to kill her... but she insisted" go with a serious, harrowing tone the comic seems to want
>some great characters though, like the foxgirl here: >>77244718 how good is that?
>impressive range of characters - obviously female centric but good age range, body type, etc. covered
>fight scenes kind of static
>art is LOVELY but obviously rushed - I hope this gets better as things go on

My thoughts on issue 2:
>address my characterisation concerns pretty well, because the comic was willing to take pages out to give even very minor characters some personality. It seems like a fantasy comic which is willing to show day-to-day life just as much as grand scale things, which I really appreciate.
>talking cat is a major character, in any story in any medium this is my jam
>casual, sort of modern garbage shit-talking from the witches still kind of bothers me a bit but this is Avatar.jpg
>feels good to hit out some plot beats but also feels a bit rushed to end the issue with the inquisitrixes making an appearance this quickly
>a little put out by how flatly they outlined the MC's bad side/moral dilemma, but maybe this'll get more interesting

Overall I am more positive after issue 2 than I was after issue 1, and I am looking forward to 3 because things seem to be progressing fairly quickly.
>>
>>78801908
>Anyone read this? What are your toughs?

Interesting premise and character. But the story is way too overburdened by the worldbuilding and magical terminology. But protagonist is OP and doesn't take shit from anyone.
>>
>>78802206
But did they ever stop and ask if they should?
>>
>>78802219
>>love the old gods stuff like >>77244786
>>some great characters though, like the foxgirl here: >>77244718 how good is that?
I mean look at this shit >>77869998
>>
>>78802276
I just copied over my post from the previous thread, anon, I wasn't even thinking about the links.

The first one was the big page where you get the full, high-detail art of the old god. The second was the scared foxgirl whose hair all stands on end.
>>
>>78801908
Pretty crap.
>>
>>78802219
I'll also shill for Tomboy here and say if you like Monstress you should take a look at Tomboy and if you like Tomboy you should take a look at Monstress.

Tomboy is, right now, the somewhat better executed comic IMO but is much smaller in scale and scale of ideas than Monstress.
>>
>>78801908
>shows fat sumo monster lady tits
>MC's hair is welded to her nipples to prevent them from showing
2/10 wouldn't even read a review of it.
>>
Wassit about?
>>
>>78801908
I like the art but the writing is weak. Two double stuffed issues in and I still barely have any inkling of what the goal or the stakes are just a bunch of world building that hardly even interesting. Not to mention how boring the characters are so far.
>>
>>78802876
magical wmd from an ancient civilization is bonded to the MC and is turning her into a monster while she is attempting to revenge herself on people who screwed her and her mother.
>>
>>78802731
Sexy amputee semen demon is slowly being corrupted by ancient eldritch horror while she tries to get revenge on those that killed her mom.
>>
I really like it. My shop had copies signed by liu, and they were the only copies I could get of the first issue. It does feel like a manga, but that doesn't bother me like it does some on /co/.

I think it's the best first issue from image I've read since descender. I can't wait to read issue 2, I'm catching up with a lot of stuff.
>>
File: monstress_002_001.jpg (2MB, 1987x3056px) Image search: [Google]
monstress_002_001.jpg
2MB, 1987x3056px
>>78803351
It's out, not half bad, waiting for no.3
>>
Let's just get a storytime going
>>
>>78805831
post a link to the 2nd one
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.