[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is he just a b/c lister? It seems like with the powers he

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

Why is he just a b/c lister? It seems like with the powers he has he'd be pretty dangerous to more than just being an occasional thorn in Spideys side
>>
>>78793743
for the same reason why carnage is b lister
>>
File: venom_loser.jpg (1MB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
venom_loser.jpg
1MB, 1000x1500px
>>78793906
Carnage really isn't though...during his most famous story Cap joined in against him, he's fought more people than just Spider-Man

If Electro is a B lister, Carnage is an A lister....if Carnage is a B lister, Electro is a C lister....Electro is portrayed much more on a Scorpion level than Carnage level
>>
>>78793743
Because he is an idiot. There was one story where he did use his full potential and he mopped the floor with spidy.

Simply put, he has Magneto level powers but just doesn't put the effort in to learn how to use it.
>>
He's powerful, but he's an idiot and never uses it for more than petty crimes.
>>
It's just a recurring theme to have Spidey villains with A-list powers who either simple thugs, or obsessed with petty vendettas.

I guess it's because their lack of ambition or imagination makes them more evenly-matched with Spidey while at same time giving us cool fight scenes.

Electro is currently depowered, anyway. And a smart AU one has just shown up in Web-Warriors.
>>
>>78793743
Its literally part of his lore now, hes really fucking dumb and when he gets a smarter version of himself to help take over the multiverse he gets demoted to do grunt work even though it was his idea , because he's dumb.
>>
I'd say that Spidey's villains are pretty much all where they belong, except Sandman just give him a fucking job and his kid back and he'd be fucking fine but NOOOOOOOOOO we gotta keep the status quo. I guess I can only hope they don't fuck him as hard as they did Rhino.
>>
>>78796210
I get that he's a dumbo but it seems like with the powers he has he could easily wipe out a city block or two, like i just imagine even if while not being smart he'd still be a larger threat
>>
>>78793743
He's really fucking stupid, he doesn't have the smarts to actually put his power to it's full potential.
>>
>>78793975
His most famous story was the worst story he's ever been in.
>>
>>78796757
what a meme
i'd be more than willing to bet you a couple thou that you never read maximum carnage, and weren't even born when it came out
>>
>>78793743
Because his powers are the only interesting thing about him.
He's a boring character, he doesn't have an interesting personality, backstory or motivation. He's just a dick. None of the stories he's been in are actually memorable.
Writers would rather use more interesting villains even if their powers aren't as impressive.
>>
>>78793743
He's a small man
>>
>>78796287
He made avenger once, no idea why that didn't stick
>>
>>78797576
Because John Byrne couldn't accept the idea that somebody who was on the FBI most wanted list could ever reform. He was under the impression that everyone on that list is a mass murderer or child abductor, ignoring the fact that in the 1960s it was different.
So he made him a villain again, and to add insult to injury he tried to claim the Sandman had merely pretending to be good all along (at least they retconned that particular aspect).
>>
File: Same hair, THEY MUST BE RELATED.jpg (131KB, 620x482px) Image search: [Google]
Same hair, THEY MUST BE RELATED.jpg
131KB, 620x482px
>>78797688
He also couldn't accept the idea that 2 people have the same hair because they were both created by Ditko. So he made Osborn and Sandman distant cousins even though nobody cared
>>
>>78797688
>>78798474

I still wonder how that damn run doesn't get more flack than the Clone Saga. It did more damage than the Clone Saga ever did.
>>
>>78798600
Among Spider-Man fans, Chapter One is more hated than the Clone Saga, but the Clone Saga is far more relevant since Chapter One has been completely ignored by everyone not named John Byrne.
>>
>>78798600
That run was published around 1998-2001 at the time when not many people were reading comics. Clone Saga started in a time when sales were sliding but still very, very high, before the Marvel distribution fuckup and the bankruptcy. It's arguable that Clone Saga might've caused a lot of readers to bail midway through the story.

Storywise yes, I agree that the Byrne era did more damage than the Clone Saga actually did.
>>
>>78797688

Is Byrne's entire career based on destroying and retconning storylines?
>>
>>78796839
I did. It was fucking stupid and dragged on way too long.
>>
>>78800389
>It was fucking stupid

How? I'll give it to you that it was too long in retrospect, but how was it "Stupid"
>>
>>78798474
So was their great-grandma a ho?
>>
>>78800264
That and pederasty.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.