[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When will Lobo be good again?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: 78109 - DC Lobo.jpg (94KB, 617x1000px) Image search: [Google]
78109 - DC Lobo.jpg
94KB, 617x1000px
When will Lobo be good again?
>>
When Bunn leaves.
>>
Here's how you make Lobo good.

>Drop that "There's only one true Lobo" bullshit
>Have two Lobos
>Original Lobo and Nu Lobo
>Occasionally they cross path and either cause destruction or have fun adventures.
>Have a new book put out called Lobos
>Every few issues focuses on one of the Lobos, then the next couple issues focuses on the other.
>DC now has two characters that can appeal to both old and new audiences without alienating either.
>And above all is
>DO NOT STATE WHO IS THE REAL LOBO
>>
>>78790549
>Lobo
>Good

Pick one.
>>
>>78790612
Good idea, desu.
>>
>>78790549
Never. DC has explicitly said they want Lobo to be the DC Universe version of Twilight.
>>
>>78790565
Lobo ended last month.
>>
Lobo was never good
>>
>>78790549
>still not understand that Lobo was meant to be a parody
>>
>>78790612
>>Have a new book put out called Lobos

Not "Los Lobos"?
>>
>>78790549
When history is altered so that he was ever good in the first place, you whiny piece of shit.
>>
Kelly Turnbull probably could do a good Lobo
>>
>>78790549
dat ass tho
>>
File: BT083_2j.jpg (123KB, 700x918px) Image search: [Google]
BT083_2j.jpg
123KB, 700x918px
>>78790549
Well since we probably won't be getting the old Lobo back I'm gonna go with... probably never?
>>
To this day I can't believe there is a human being out there who thought this was a good idea
>>
>>78794967
Wow you are pathetic
>>
>>78798252
I think he has potential. Old Lobo was a parody of edgy 80s characters. New Lobo is a parody of edgy 10s characters.
That said, instead of having him replace the old Lobo, they should have just have them team up, sort of like >>78790612 said. Maybe even add some more Lobos based on the edgy ideals of other decades.
>>
>>78790549
Swiggity swooty, that's one fine booty.
>>
>>78799055
>More Lobos
I love it. Different artists and writers can throw out their interpretation of what is "cool" and it can be a running theme.

Maybe there's a whole arc about both Lobos having to deal with a sudden influx of other Lobos.
>>
>>78799055
>New Lobo is a parody of edgy 10s characters.
The problem with him is that he wasn't, he was played completely straight.
>>
>>78798252
The human bean who thought that was a fat blond white tumblrite, so it's to be expected.
>>
>>78799124
Naw, Nu Lobo was totally a parody of what is cool right now. He's lean, has short but popular hair cut, has a slight androgynous look about his face, and he uses blades instead of guns more often.

Kids and teenagers these days love that shit.
>>
>>78799055
>>78799106
Golden age Fletcher Hanks style Lobo when?
>>
>>78799206
I'm not sure mankind could survive that anon.
>>
>>78794936
los lobos kick your ass
>>
>>78799171
Nothing about his ongoing was parody in tone though. They created a tone-deaf cliche.
>>
>>78799171
That what he should have been.

Except he was played completely straight.
>>
>>78799273
Which, and let's be honest here, is what Lobo became sometimes. He was the badass biker dude from the 90's with the dreadlocks, smoking cigars, and Raymonds brothers voice soundin' kinda' thing that the 90's were made of.
>>
>>78799171
how many times do we have to tell you he was played straight you twit
>>
>>78799407
Until you get bored.
>>
>>78799476
well that's not happening
>>
>>78799674
Is that so?
>>
>>78798252

Have him start out like that and gradually go insane until he turns into the real Lobo. To me that works and unless I am very much mistaken it's pretty much what they're going with now.

I do feel it adds something to the character if you know that the completely irredeemable lunatic killer/rogue for hire used to be a pretty straight-laced guy.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.