[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

They never explained what those guys behind him were.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

They never explained what those guys behind him were.
>>
>7 seasons in and we're presently back to relationshit with pbg and marceline.
>>
File: 1378154489821.png (97KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1378154489821.png
97KB, 256x256px
>>78787245
I remember someone telling me they were going back to their roots for S7. Did they lie to me?
>>
>>78787202
>They never explained
Yeah that sums up the Lich pretty well.

Remember that spooky speech he made in Escape from the Citadel? "Every light will be extinguished" and all that? It'd be a blessing if the show ever tells us anything else about whatever the fuck he meant in that whole thing.
>>
>>78787322
Marceline learning to be human is the main plot point of the current season.
>>
>>78787322
For some bizarre reason at the beginning of the season people were going "IT'S BACK TO ADVENTURE THE SHOW IS SAVED" even though it's been the same old crap
>>
>>78787331
He meant he wanted to kill everyone. Come the fuck on, man, it was pretty obvious.
>>
>>78787322
/co/ AT fans are holding on to the bitter end no matter what and try to rationalize it to themselves with lies like that.
>>
>>78787367
There was a lot of other stuff in that speech that Lichy said too anon.
>There is only darkness for you, and only death for your people.
I don't expect that to ever be elaborated on ever again.
>>
>>78787411
He was literally just saying 'I am going to kill everyone'.

Jesus man. F'real. What's wrong with you.
>>
>>78787411
That's not a mysterious line, it's a typical evil villain line
How autis-
>AT thread
Oh, yea
>>
is finn even the main character any more, feels like his story and growth have taken a back seat to aevery thing
>>
>>78787322
They're not really going back to their roots, but Football was pretty good. Though it was more like BMO Noir not one of the earlier episodes, and it's the only thing I've seen from this season. I'm glad it wasn't more Jesse Moynihan shit.
>>
>>78787460
That's a weird way to phrase that then.
>>78787472
Anon you flatter me greatly but I'm not even on the spectrum, AT threads have done way worse than this.
>>
File: 1448584001328.jpg (144KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1448584001328.jpg
144KB, 1920x1040px
>>78787202
>haven't watched in many years
>go to a friend's place where she is watching
>see episode from s6
>Glob is a character not just a pun
>Glob lives on fucking Mars
>Mars has a super society
>Glob Iron Giants a meteor in the episode
I have never seen a show go more full retard, and never seen the contrast more starkly defined for me
>>
>>78787526
It's really not a weord way to phrase it, is English your first language? Maybe the whole light/dark metaphor is weird if not.
>>
>>78787560
Glob was a real person since season 4 you hipster.
>>
>>78787588
It seemed to be hinting at more, for me at least. If the Lich was just saying he was gonna kill Finn then he would be all "I'm gonna grind your bones to dust" or generic lines like that, what he said seemed to hint at Lich knowing something about humans as a whole with the "your people" part, and that's something that had never been established before.

This seemed pretty obvious to me, am I really the only one that saw it?
>>
>>78787627
What he's saying is for the living citizens of the candy kingdom or ooo or whatever the fuck you want to call it. I think AT started with some deep concepts, and now people expect deeper things from shallow lines.
>>
File: 1447897261427.jpg (534KB, 900x1384px) Image search: [Google]
1447897261427.jpg
534KB, 900x1384px
>>78787331
There's not much to explain because it's a really simplistic character with exceedingly simple motivations. His single goal is to make everything more dead, everything else he ever goes on about is just to make sure Ron gets paychecks for his lovely villain voice.
>>
>>78787680
I don't really think he would have phrased it that way if he was just talking about people in general. He would have said like just 'life' or something.

It seems like very odd phrasing if you're correct.
>>
>>78787600
I hadn't watched since season 2, but it's still completely retarded to turn a pun into a character
>>
File: ATAbe.jpg (360KB, 751x547px) Image search: [Google]
ATAbe.jpg
360KB, 751x547px
>>78787560
You forgot to mention that Mars was formerly ruled by Abraham fucking Lincoln, and had been on mars since the pilot itself.

That's all ancient, years old history at this point though.
>>
>>78787781
don't worry dude i can tell you're being sarcastic everything's gonna be alright man
>>
>>78787781
Light and dark are very common ways to refer to life and death in media
>>
>>78787821
No they aren't.
>>
>>78787885
Ok
>>
>>78787821
I'm not even talking about that, talking about how Lich says "only darkness for you and only death for your people" and that was apparently referring to people in general and not humans.
Seems wonky.
>>
>>78787202
Wow, Adventure Time threads attract nothing but the same exact complaints. The hate bandwagon is just as stuck in a purgatory limbo as much as the show's status quo.
>>
>>78788831
Stakes spiced things up a little.
We need new shit to complain about otherwise we fall back on the tried and true classics.
>>
>>78787808
I always think of Clone High when Abe Lincoln has a halucination that he meets the original Abe Lincoln.
"My soooon! My sooooon! My sooooooooon!"
>>
File: dexter_1310284_616.jpg (64KB, 616x336px) Image search: [Google]
dexter_1310284_616.jpg
64KB, 616x336px
If you want AT to move along wage a concern troll war against them.
Whenever a girl writes it: find any way to be critical of the episode you can. DO NOT mention the writer being a girl.
Whenever a guy writes it: praise it any way you can. Name the writer personally.

Girls and guys simply have different tastes. If women become a significant presence in a writing staff you'll get what happened to Dexter.

Autistic world-building is the domain of men.
>>
>>78787627
>>78787680
The Lich was planning on extinguishing all life in the multiverse using the corrupted Citadel Guardians and prisoners as his army. Since the Prismo realm is at the center of the multiverse, the Lich could easily find a portal to the other alternate Earths.
>>
>>78790439
Sugar was like the best world-building boarder on the show and she had a vagina though.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.