[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you sack your editors if they fucked up this bad? I m

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 270
Thread images: 25

File: pakistanian.png (460KB, 511x754px) Image search: [Google]
pakistanian.png
460KB, 511x754px
Would you sack your editors if they fucked up this bad?

I mean how do you even fuck up THAT bad?

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2016/jan/06/social-media-mocks-dc-comics-pakistan-language-pakistanian-superman-wonder-woman?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU%20Today%20USA%20-%20Version%20A&utm_term=148163&subid=12023512&CMP=ema_565a
>>
>people pretending to give a shit about pakistan
>>
File: 1421874933778.png (151KB, 752x724px) Image search: [Google]
1421874933778.png
151KB, 752x724px
>>78786664
You know it has fuck all to do with Pakistan and how lazy writing/editing this is.

How do you NOT know Pakistanian isn't a language? That's like not knowing the seven seas or the oceans by name and location. This is literally grade level shit.

And let's go out on a limb and you don't know. Google literally idiot proofed life for everyone.
>>
>>78786626
Why the fuck do the SJWs have such a boner for Marvel?
>>
>>78786764
>That's like not knowing the seven seas or the oceans by name and location.
No one remembers shit like that except for autists. 90% of primary school learning is forgotten a week after it's learned.
>>
>>78786823

>Struggling to name all seven different seas
>Give up and cheat
>It's actually just five, they listed Pacific and Atlantic twice
>>
>>78786812
DC should go full Trump.
>>
>>78786823
how about this
it's like saying
>"OY CAPPIN WE JUST SAILED IN FROM THE SEA OF BRITAIN, THE MOST VIOLENT OF THE SEAS"

like they didnt even bother to google "pakistan language"
>>
>>78786764
>learning about shitskins in grade school

Enjoying your cultural enrichment?
>>
>People actually thought that this wouldn't get mainstream coverage yesterday.
>>
File: 1429947743946.png (363KB, 682x461px) Image search: [Google]
1429947743946.png
363KB, 682x461px
>>78786823
>No one remembers shit like that except for autists

How about you don't restrict other to the limitations of your own intelligence, mate.
>>
>last week's Superman/Wonder Woman #2 has the "Pakistanian" editor's note
>this week's Green Lantern #48 has "Cost City"
>both were edited by Group Editor Eddie Berganza
Coincidence.
>>
>>78786897
You tell me Sweden.
>>
>>78786939
>Cost City

I shop there every week
>>
>>78786626
>literally reading Superman/Wonder Woman

This is what's wrong with comic 'fans.'
>>
>>78786939
I mean the SM/WW issue in question is Annual #2.
>>
>>78786764
>How do you NOT know Pakistanian isn't a language?

I had no fucking idea what it was until this became a controversy. I probably wouldn't have said Pakistanian, but I can see why somebody without thinking could say that. It's a lot like thinking people in Brazil speak Spanish because it's in Latin America, nstead of, you know, Portuguese. Or not knowing French is a primary language in a lot of African countries that used to be French colonies. And then there's places like Republic of Armenia where people in fact speak Armenian. It's confusing if you're not well versed in the subject, so it's an easy, stupid mistake to make.

And it's the the middle-east, it's ridiculous how many different languages can be spoken in one nation alone. Look at Iran in wikipedia, it has like thirteen different languages spoken within its borders where in Iraq it's primarily Kurdish and Arabic.
>>
>>78786906
>/co/ started the fire
>>
>>78786939
>cost city

There's a high price that must be paid when Cost City is destroyed
>>
Why exactly do social media beta cucks hate DC so much? They put out more sjw shit than Marvel does and it's actually good.
>>
>>78787027
>it's ridiculous how many different languages can be spoken in one nation alone

and yet and YET, they still managed to miss the broad side of a barn with a bloody rocket launcher.
>>
>>78786906

Well it is pretty stupid thing to make into a controversy. "Oh no, an editor was dumb enough to think Pakistanian is a language! OUTRAGE!"

I mean fucking really, this is something worthy enough to get news coverage?
>>
>>78787058
DC doesn't shove it in their faces, so they aren't aware of it like Marvel.
>>
>>78787068

Yeah, but how many middle-eastern languages can your average person think of that are not Arabic, Yiddish and shit, I dunno, Armenian, at the top of your head?
>>
>>78787073
People will bring up the most inane bullshit as long as they can write an article likening DC to Nazi Germany.
>>
>>78787058
DC is really bad at PR for some reason. See for proof >>78786368
>>
File: truestwords.jpg (12KB, 644x30px) Image search: [Google]
truestwords.jpg
12KB, 644x30px
>>78787027
But nowadays if you're not sure on something you can just google it.
>>
>>78787099
Hebrew
>>
>People complaining about something this miniscule
>It's an annual for DC Comics
>For a book that isn't that great to begin with
I hope comicbooks go back to being for nerds again one day so this stops.
What people should be complaining about is Gwenpool, Marvel's shameless throat ramming because the Gwen variant covers weren't enough
>>
>>78787113

But very few people can be bothered to do so unless it's something you perceive as important.
>>
Man I love fabricated controversy
>>
>>78786764
>How do you NOT know Pakistanian isn't a language?
I gotta be honest, I never gave much thought to what language is typically used by Pakistanis. Language was always a weird thing for me.
Blew my mind when I realized the Hunchback of Notre Dame took place in France, where presumably people spoke French. But the characters were speaking in English.

This shit confused me and made me wonder if everyone just heard everything in their own language, because I was an admittedly stupid child.
>>
>>78787110
He's right though. People hate DC for no reason, but give Marvel a pass while having abhorrent business practices for the past 30 years.
>>
>>78786867

Contrary to what a quick glance at wikipedia might tell you the seven seas is tradtionally meant to refer to the seas around the Mediterranean.
>>
>>78787134
>Hebrew and Yiddish aren't the same thing
Well shit.
>>
>>78786939
>Group Editor Eddie Berganza
Isn't that the guy who got demoted for sexual harassment?
>>
>>78786764
>Google literally idiot proofed life for everyone.

This. This is exactly what the issue is. Google exists for shit you don't know. It's the lowest insult on western civilization that there are masses who can't be bothered to spend 30 seconds to google something, ESPECIALLY if you're a professional who is about to show an audience how smug, lazy, and ignorant you are.

None of these issues are a fucking research paper that you have to sink hours to pour over academic papers. This is all trivial facts that you have no excuse to be unable to look up on a search engine.
>>
>>78786939
Fire him.

He's also been connected to series of harassment incidents too so I really don't understand why the fuck he still has a job.
>>
>>78787073
Yes media is now fluff bullshit and political shit tied to the agenda of the company
>>
>>78787184
A powerful PR team helps.

Fuck there's a rapist writing a book at Marvel but there's no controversy about THAT is there?
>>
DC should btfo everyone by saying that Pakistanian is a real language in the DCU
>>
>>78786812
Because Marvel's thing was for the longest time being relatable, and there's nothing more comforting when you feel alienated in real life.

DC on the other hand has a really had time trying to be relatable and is much better at complete reality escape. The problem is that when Marvel starts banking, DC tries to follow suit and usually does it really hamfistedly and fucks it up royally. See: Wonder Woman working at Taco Bell.

Both have their strong suits, and in general when they try to chase the trends of the other due to a temporary boost in popularity they end up looking ridiculous.
>>
>>78787323
Marvel did get some backlash over the 'meow' Black Panther cover.
>>
>>78787027
>I had no fucking idea what it was until this became a controversy.

The difference here is that you are not being paid to spend your days fact checking that sort of thing before it goes to print.
>>
>>78787368
And the Hip Hop variants
>>
When are Marvel and DC going to address the pertinent issue that was brought up today about the tendency of New York blacks to come to Maine to sell drugs and knock up white teenage girls?
>>
>>78787388
Editor's job these days is basically to proofread scripts, which they do badly, and make sure people meet their deadlines which again, they do badly.
>>
>>78787439
>proofread scripts

Which includes catching words that don't actually exist (and aren't supposed to be that way as technobabble).
>>
>>78787027
I can't tell if this is a real post or not. It's nothing like thinking people in Brazil speak Spanish because it's in Latin America, or how French is used colonially.It's not about an inherited language at all. It's a basic fact check that wasn't done.

Pakistan isn't in the middle east either, it's in south Asia.
>>
>>78787148
>I hope comicbooks go back to being for nerds again one day so this stops.

This. I'm sick of this false interest in comics by media-types so they can push their faggoty agendas.
>>
>>78787500
> people in Brazil speak Spanish
They speak Portuguese actually
>>
>>78787500
>It's a basic fact check that wasn't done

I think it's pretty obvious that the fuck up is entirely due to the editor genuinely thinking for whatever reason that Pakistanian was a real language. You don't tend to fact check what you automatically assume to be common knowledge, and in this case it lead to a blunder.
>>
>>78787148
>>78787532
it's not that they got it wrong, it's that it's so blatantly wrong and so simple to look up literally anything that could go in its place

like how did it go that far
>>
>>78787593
Did you even read either of those two posts?
>>
>>78787148
> I hope comicbooks go back to being for nerds

Nah fuck that, comics should be for anyone that actually wants to read them. An entire medium of entertainment and art shouldn't be seen as the property of one subculture
>>
>>78787605
But this person gets paid for it. They should be sacked. If your job is to fact check and you don't believe you need to fact check anymore then you've not learned your job well.

If a mechanic fucks up my POV I want that fucker sacked so other patrons don't have to get their engine shitted on either.
>>
>>78787622
I agree with you and the poster you quoted. Comics should be for everyone but their interest should be sincere, not liking it because it's hot right now.
>>
>>78787439
Holy shit fuck off that's not the editor's job at all, that's PROOFING's job.
Stop talking out of your ass you mongoloid.
Comic editors make sure stories adhere to continuity and future story plans, stay true to the spirit of the characters and they arange writer/artist teams for books. They also give input on story. Not saying they do any of what they're supposed to ata competent level but you sure a shit know absolutely nothing.
>>
>>78786764
Eddie Berganza is a notoriously terrible editor. Hell, I've heard the only reason he still has a job is because he has dirt on one of the higher-ups.
>>
File: 1355017-uxm_v1_001_01.jpg (177KB, 862x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1355017-uxm_v1_001_01.jpg
177KB, 862x1280px
>>78787532
Protip: X-Men came about as a liberal agenda.
When Stan Lee's child died in a miscarriage, he and his wife tried to adopt babby.

He's a Jew, she's a Catholic, every orphanage refused them since almost all of the ones in New York at the time were religiously affiliated and some "scientists" at the time had published papers saying children from mixed religion homes tend towards poverty and atheism. One Rabbi specifically suggested to them that God killed their child to send America a message about religion mixing.

So Stan's wife had a cry, then Stan went to the Bullpen and told them to make a comic about stupid worthless pieces of shit hating awesome people for stupid reasons that don't make sense. He wanted a mix of all the people they could use, with diverse powers and backgrounds. Then he made the villain a Jewish holocaust survivor, to show that anyone can be a stupid bigot asshole.

Boom, X-Men was created.
>>
>>78787630
I'm more amazed that the editor just thought up Pakistanian and went " yeah that sounds right" It's not a word at all, Pakistani could've been excusable as a simple mistake
>>
>>78787659
I swear I read that somewhere too. I'm really hoping that it's Harras or something so that they can both get the boot.
>>
>>78787422
>implying anyone goes to Maine
god, that dude is such a deluded prick.
>>
I believe a recent Spiderman confused the Peurto Rican Flag for the Cuban one.
>>
File: ZX0AYe8.jpg (43KB, 416x416px) Image search: [Google]
ZX0AYe8.jpg
43KB, 416x416px
>>78787736
I just want to hear Stephan King's reaction. King is like the only white guy who can get a pass for putting the word nigger into a book more times than the name of the protagonist, and according to his lifes work everything important happens in Maine. Hell, his kid is now writing about the universe revolving around Maine too.
>>
>>78787724
Yeah, I think I've heard it mentionned on twitter. He caught one of the higher ups fucking his ex or something. Apparently the guy is a HR nightmare too. Gotten to the point that they have no women in the Superman office, since they can't fire him. That's some fucked up shit if true.
>>
>>78786823
>I'm not dumb, you're autistic
Sure, mate.
>>
>>78786626

I'd just tweet back at the guy and say "I can't tell the difference between Pakis and dothead Indians like you anyway, who cares"
>>
>>78787630
>one mistake means you have to be immediately fired

This is hardly something to lose a job over.
>>
>>78787754
>Marvel hero.
No one gives a shit DCcuck.

>>78787957
Do it so they can use your tweet to say how DC fans are racist.
>>
>>78787957
You do realize the primary purpose of a business is to make money, right? That making money and increasing in power is how in capitalistic societies we measure success?

That letting people know your actual sentiments is for failures and communists?
>>
>>78787162
Sure, I don't give a shit if most people know Brazilian isn't a language or whatever, but if you're a paid editor for a massive company you should be doing your fucking job.
>>
File: 1422051546912.png (73KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1422051546912.png
73KB, 900x900px
>>78787980
You're right, that may be an overreaction. He should at least be flogged in the streets. I bet he won't make assumptions after that.
>>
>>78787685
Well good on him. That's a pretty good reason to make the X-men
>>
>>78787861
What the fuck?

Man if this is true then why can't they just fire him and the dude he's blackmailing? I mean I don't understand how it could, if this is true, escalate to the point where you have to actively keep women away from the fuck so that he doesn't do anything to them? It has to be Harras,Lee, Didio or, god forbid, Johns because I really can't see who else it could be who has that much clout to protect someone like that.
>>
>>78787685
>One Rabbi specifically suggested to them that God killed their child to send America a message about religion mixing.

Fuck that Rabbi.
>>
>>78787861
>>78788214
So... literally DC cucks.
>>
>>78787630
It's not their job, it's an intern's job to look up what Pakistanis speak and proofing's job to catch something as retarded as "Pakistanian". Now if he never asked an intern for the gruntwork, that's one thing but this still falls on proofing's head.
>>
>>78786764
If Muslim is a race, Mexican is a skin color, women are a minority, and Hispanic whites are people of color, then why can't Pakistanian be a language?
>>
>>78788012
>>78787995

>Taking that seriously

Jesus /co/ lighten the fuck up
>>
>>78788465
Communism is never funny, citizen.
>>
>>78788214
Went to google to see if I could find some more info and one of the first suggestions is "eddie berganza indiscretions". Found this post by Alex de Campi:
>The main Wonder Woman comic is part of the Superman office. Now, the Superman office allegedly employs no women, and a cursory glance over the mastheads of several Superman titles and Wonder Woman seems to confirm that allegation. The reason, I’ve been told by several people who work or used to work at DC, is because one of the most senior editors is a sexual harasser with multiple incidents on his HR file. I don’t use “alleged” here because at least one incident (grabbing a woman’s breasts) happened publicly at a corporate social gathering with multiple witnesses. There was also something about sticking his tongue down an artist’s girlfriend’s throat when the artist was in the bathroom. Again, public gathering.
>>
>>78787685
Not saying Stan is full of shit, but he's a great story teller. I don't know if I entirely believe that story. I love him anyways, and I'm leaning towards belief despite myself.
>>
>>78788516
Then why was the Soviet Union such a joke?
>>78787754
Do you have the page?
>>
>>78787027
Jesus Christ are Americans really this fucking retarded?
>>
>>78787099
Pakistan isn't in the middle east you fucking spastic, they are poo in loo.

Fucking Christ how are Americans so ignorant of the world?
>>
>>78788754
Because the rest of the world has been irrelevant for over 200 years.
>>
It has to be intentional. There is no way this passed through several layers of human oversight without someone looking up the official language of Pakistan. Fuck, Pakistan isn't even a hundred years old; how the fuck could you name a language after it? This is LITERALLY worse than if someone tried to claim Americans spoke Americanian.
>>
>>78786939
>>78787273
>>78787291
He has connections and good relationships. Sounds stupid, but you can imagine other people that are terrible in their work but they still have a job.
>>
>>78788871
>>Americans in charge of knowing anything about countries they send their own people to fight and die in
>>
>>78788901
How is it literally worse?
>>
>>78786626
Doesn't DC take place in like a dimension different from our earth? Maybe pakistanian is a language there. People whine about this shit when they could be whining about how stupid flying men in tights are.
>>
Last time I checked comics take place in a fictional world where people from PAKISTAN may just be talking PAKISTANIAN.
>>
>>78789099
>>78789096
That kind of logic only works for defending Marvel because they have a movie about a Tree and a Racoon don't y'know?
>>
I'm going to take a wild guess and say that if we took everyone bitching about the Pakistanian thing and asked them off the top of their head what language do they speak in Pakistan, only a handful at best would be able to get it right and the vast majority of those who got it wrong would be one hundred percent certain that they're correct.

Pakistan has two official languages Urdu and English.
>>
>>78789062
Because the United States of America has been around both as a nation and as a name for hundreds of years longer than Pakistan. It's more reasonable to believe that a distinct language that could be named after the country of origin emerged from the USA than Pakistan given the time frame. It's LITERALLY worse.
>>
>>78786764
>How do you NOT know Pakistanian isn't a language? That's like not knowing the seven seas or the oceans by name and location. This is literally grade level shit.
>giving a fuck about pakistan

What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
Is this the thread where the same eurotrash whose cartographic skills caused the ethnic shitstorm in the Muslim regions are lecturing Americans about not knowing geography?
At least the US never created countries out of random scribbles in a map.
>>
>>78788952
Fuck you're right.

It's still infuriating you know? After reading >>78788550 I'm just surprised that there isn't more outrage over that particular editor especially since he's not even all that good at his job.
>>
File: terrorist crossing.jpg (218KB, 1280x719px) Image search: [Google]
terrorist crossing.jpg
218KB, 1280x719px
>>
>>78788754
How the fuck is Pakistan not in the middle east? Are you retarded?
>>
>>78788901

Look, not all people are that well averse on the subject of Pakistan and to err is human. It's just one of those muslim countries you see mentioned in the newspaper once in a blue moon that you never ever think about on a daily basis.
>>
>>78789208
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=middle+east
>>
Yeah, technically their language would be Paki.

But they don't like it when you use the real word for them.

Pakistani is literally wrong.
>>
>>78789159
To be fair, it's this guys fucking job.
But really DC and Marvel editors are shit at their jobs.
We've known this, they can't fact check worth shit, don't know their own continuity, can't spellcheck, let art errors fall through the cracks.
>>78789172
But at the same time it's an American company, so they'd probably know about themselves to a minor degree, not to mention.
>>78789208
Arbitrary regional distinctions.
>>
>>78789236
>not all people are that well averse on the subject of Pakistan

so why would that person put in an editor's note explaining anything about a subject he knew nothing about
>>
>>78787648
welcome to the world of media. Shit's been going on for ages in all other forms. I'll give a fun example and history lesson.

Billy Corgan of Smashing pumpkins wrote a song called Cherub rock, you've probably heard it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbrfXDFuzu0&ab_channel=WoutMartens

Anybody who's into the music scene (or knows people into the music scene) knows those people who like a band one week, but once that band starts making money, suddenly instantly hate them calling them "sell outs".

Smashing pumpkins got a big break and were called to play at an event called Lollapalooza. Their old fans freaked the fuck out (think like 4 chan but in real life) calling them sell outs, corporate whores, etc.

So Billy wrote Cherub rock as a giant middle finger to all of them calling them insecure, attention seeking phonies and how he'd rather have money than their adoration.

People will always cling to what's popular. This is universal fact. Don't get caught up in "what it should be" Just enjoy what is there and find people who enjoy the same thing. And more importantly be fucking welcoming rather than doing your best to exclude.

another fun fact about smashing pumpkins. They were one of the first internet memes because they have the doom rocket launcher sound effect i their song "where boys fear to tread"
>>
>>78786764
Pretty certain even people from Pakistan don't give a fuck about Pakistan
>>
>>78787323
>Fuck there's a rapist writing a book at Marvel but there's no controversy about THAT is there?
Who?
>>
>>78789313

Because it's a traditional "hey guys this fucker is not speaking in english, see, we're in another country" note for autistic people.
>>
>>78789367
why didn't the editor fact check their attempt at clarifying the situation? it's pretty clear by the fact he wrote down pakistanian that he wasn't clear on the details himself.
>>
File: ZUKObeleive.png (125KB, 387x495px) Image search: [Google]
ZUKObeleive.png
125KB, 387x495px
>>78789331
>>78787685
>>
>>78789402
Why the fuck do you give a fuck about Pakistan subhumans? You know they mutilate little girls and throw acid in their faces, right?
>>
>>78786626
the assistant editor is an ex-intern.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/andrewmarino

it's really not his fault
>>
>>78787099
Yiddish is not middle eastern, it's European (Ashkenazi joos).
>>
>>78789464
I thought that was ISIS. And India.
>>
>>78787685
I think Mags being a holocaust survivor happened after Lee's tenure on X-Men
>>
>>78786764
This I agree. I may not know all the languages in the world and what they are called, but if I'm an editor I know I gotta google that shit.
>>
>>78789195
If no one gave a shit about Scott Allie, no one is going to give a shit about Berganza. And no one professional will say 'boo' because these days editors are the ultimate gate keeper for employment at a comic book company.
>>
>>78788726
Yes they are.
>>
File: 1349626744217.png (43KB, 238x220px) Image search: [Google]
1349626744217.png
43KB, 238x220px
>>78787685
This post is complete and utter bullshit.

Stan Lee never was a practicing jew, Magneto was revealed as a survivor way after Lee stopped writing the X-Men.

Also there's way and way to write your ideology into a story, today's comics do it in a shitty, hamfisted and ignorant way.
>>
>>78787027
Pakistan isn't in the Middle-East. It's technically in Asia.
>>
>>78789689
The Middle East is in Asia. But you're right that Pakistan isn't in the Middle East.
>>
>>78789684
>Stan Lee never was a practicing jew
To be fair back then there wasn't that much of a distinction. Practicing or not, your religious denomination mattered.
>>
File: 53246 423521.jpg (97KB, 1038x769px) Image search: [Google]
53246 423521.jpg
97KB, 1038x769px
>>78786626
fuck pakistan, they're terrorist supporting piles of human filth
>>
>>78789715
The Middle East is in Asia and North Africa
>>
>>78789776
That's just because of Egypt spanning the 2 continents.
>>
>>78789776
And sometimes Europe apparently.
Or fuck if I know, apparently everything I know is wrong.
Is there an official list of Middle Eastern countries because I keep getting conflicting facts.
Like someone says Pakistan IS Middle East, some people say Turkey is, and apparently I've been lied to since I was 10 and Afghanistan isn't in the Middle East.
>>
>>78789820
Bahrain
Cyprus
Egypt
Iran
Iraq
Israel
Jordan
Kuwait
Lebanon
Oman
Palestinian territories
Qatar
Saudi Arabia
Syria
Turkey[22]
United Arab Emirates
Yemen
>>
>>78786764
Why would I need to know the seven seas or oceans by location...?
>>
>>78787148
Are you implying people getting up in arms about stupid mistakes in comics is NOT an incredibly nerdy thing to do? That this kind of stupidity wouldn't have been jumped on back in the day as much as today (differently toned, I'll admit)?
>>
>>78789159
I knew Urdu was the national language, didn't know about English being one there as well. Then again, I didn't learn that English was a national language in Japan.
>>
Regardless of how you feel about Pakis this is a Humon tier fuck up and something that should at least get dealt with if you want your operation to look at all professional.
>>
>>78790377
>Big 2
>Professional
>>
>>78790352
>didn't know about English being one there as well.
And in india., remember?
>>
>>78790398
They're owned by Warner Brothers and Disney respectively. You can buy shares in their companies. They sell a product and make a profit in return. By any metric that actually matters, they're professional. They make a shitty product, but so do most big companies.
>>
>>78786764
I HATE IT!
>>
>>78789464
Caucasians have done just as bad shit, don't for a second pretend otherwise. You're also painting over a hundred million people with a pretty broad brush there pal.
>>
>>78790450
But aren't they Caucasian too?
>>
File: 1360751059375.png (838KB, 714x717px) Image search: [Google]
1360751059375.png
838KB, 714x717px
>>78786626
>15 years ago everyone would have laughed it off "Jeez what a bunch of idiots not knowing (x)"
>Now everyone rages for two weeks and turns it into MUH RACISM
>>
>>78790481
15 years ago nobody read comics.
Now they still don't but someone can post a panel and they can pretend they read comics.
>>78787754
Still waiting.
>>
>>78790377
>this is a Humon tier fuck up

It makes editing look sloppy but that's hardly anything new to anybody who has read comics for awhile.
>>
>>78789651
>editors are the ultimate gate keeper for employment at a comic book company.
Oh man really?

Well that's even more depressing.
>>
>>78786626
They should do like Azzarello's Deathblow, and say "Translated from THE FOREIGN"
>>
File: The Avengers go to Hong Kong.jpg (122KB, 550x847px) Image search: [Google]
The Avengers go to Hong Kong.jpg
122KB, 550x847px
>>
Wow people aren't experts on this buttfuckistan middle eastern country where nothing important happens and everyone hates

Someone call the police !!
>>
>>78790598
That got me too. I mean fuck, it's a pretty cover, but goddammit.

Also, in the issue itself, why are japanese ninjas the villains?
>>
>>78790621
To be fair Jap Ninjas have their fingers in a lot of pies in Marvel.
>>
>>78790598
1) Why is Captain Marvel dressed as a Samurai?

2) Why is Captain Marvel dressed as a Samurai if she's going to Hong Kong?
>>
>>78789912
That's common knowledge....70% of our planet is water.
>>
>>78790642
It's a subtle joke about how Carol is a weeb and racist towards Asians. There's this whole subplot and everything about her coming to terms with it.
>>
>>78790701
What are the seven seas?
>>
>>78786626
>But then again, Starbucks, one of the world’s biggest coffee chains, still has chai tea on the menu, which, as we all know, means tea tea.
Heh.
>>
>>78786897
>>78787027
>>78789175
>>78786812
R-E-T-A-R-D-E-D
>>
>>78787368
>'meow' Black Panther
What if it was James Earl Jones or Terry Crews saying it? Sheez, minorities shit their pants over nothing.
>>
File: 1430038809216.gif (401KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1430038809216.gif
401KB, 400x400px
>>78790780
>TRIGGERED

Back to your safespace.
>>
>>78790853
/sp/?
>>
Jesus , DC and their fans are embarassing.
>>
>>78790991

having comics as a hobby in itself is embarrassing, read an actual fucking book people.
>>
It's kind of sad that instead of us making funny jokes and original content about this, it's just resulted in people bitching and whining some more about DC, as if we didn't have that enough already as it is.
>>
>>78790642
That's the joke. Notice how they're all Japanese stereotypes despite going to Hong Kong.
>>
>>78787291
Say it with me now class: "Nepotism"
>>
File: seinpalm_2.jpg (122KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
seinpalm_2.jpg
122KB, 852x480px
>>78786626
>* ALL TRANSLATED FROM
> PAKISTANIAN --ED.
>>
DC can always claim that Earth-0 Pakistanis speak Pakistanian.
>>
>>78786626
No, Marvel is winning over DC because they have Star Wars and relaunch every 6 months.
>>
>>78786812
DC has shitty unrelatable characters
In fact Marvel got big because spider-man was the first everyman in comics
>>
>>78786812
Because DC is sexist, racist, homophobic and anti Semitic. Don't you know that Didio and Lee are closet Nazis and are going to vote for Trump, as well as personally lay the bricks for Trump's wall.

>>78786888
DC's next event will be race wars, where they will get rid of coloured heroes.
>>
>>78791498
Hi Leth! We talked a lot about you yesterday.
>>
File: White slaver please.jpg (38KB, 406x321px) Image search: [Google]
White slaver please.jpg
38KB, 406x321px
>comic in English shows bad Spanish
>no one cares
>DC comic shows a misspelled word
>/co/ goes full company war
>>
Presumably this was the writer's mistake and it slipped past the letterer and editor as well. This makes them pretty dumb but human error so whatever. What is amazing is that it would appear that comics are just shat out by Berganza's office and, despite him constantly producing terrible comics, nobody higher up seems to be quality checking them. This should have been caught by a higher level employee than Berganza. Does anybody at DC actually care about the comics they produce? Probably some do but the higher-ups obviously don't give a fuck. I bet they would have caught the mistake if somebody misspelt the name of a cereal brand tho'.
>>
>basic erudition is now autism
It's funny how easy it is to tell when americans are awake
>>
>>78791551
Yeah, they really butchered the spelling of 'Urdu'.
>>
>>78786626
Hey, /co/ is Americanian a hard language to learn?
>>
>>78790594
Or, y'know, "Translated into English"
>>
>>78791759
Not as hard as Britainiaian. I just can never get it right :(
>>
>>78786626
>editors being bad at their jobs
And the sky is blue
>>
>>78791759
>Americanian
You mean Americani
>>
>>78791551
>misspelled
DAMAGE CONTROL
DAMAGE CONTROL
DAMAGE CONTROL
>>
>people seriously defending this fuck up
As an editor you have a job. That job is to make sure your writer doesn't make any stupid mistakes. This is a stupid mistake. It doesn't matter what the mistake was(in this situation it was such a glorious fuck up that it became news), your job is to make sure it doesn't slip through the cracks. Whether its lack of continuity, incorrect in-universe names, misspellings, bad creative teams or even making up a language to generalize an entire nations communication
>>
>>78793403
>Whether its lack of continuity
Theyve been fucking up for years then
>>
>>78793403
I don't think anybody is defending it as much as saying they could easily such a slip up happening by accident and that the outrage being overblown when this type of mistakes happen constantly
>>
File: 345234.jpg (34KB, 640x451px) Image search: [Google]
345234.jpg
34KB, 640x451px
>>78786764
>That's like not knowing the seven seas or the oceans by name and location

I don't. I was always incredibly terrible at geography. It's amazing I don't get lost on the way to my bathroom to be honest.
>>
>>78793504
This, Marvel makes these mistakes in almost every issue of every comic they put out but DC makes one TINY mistake maybe once a year and everyone jumps down their throat. It's unfair and unethical how people treat DC but that's what you get when you let the SJWs take over the industry. Comicgate when?
>>
>>78787913
>I'm not dumb, you're autistic

I use the opposite of that whenever someone says to me "you are so smart" I reply with "no, I'm just autistic".

(I work as a web programmer)
>>
>>78787027
>I had no fucking idea what it was until this became a controversy.

I had no idea that Pakistan had people reading US comic books, let alone have internet access, until this thread.
>>
>>78793576
>not having a guide rope system implemented to your house so that you don't even have to put on the lights at night when you wake up and have to take a leak
>>
>>78787027
>the city of America
>>
>>78793805
>not connecting a hose between your anus and the toilet bowl when you go to bed
>>
>>78793830
the cost of lube ain't worth it
>>
>>78789651
I hate how pussies people became... If there was a guy blackmailing me, I wouldn't fucking care. I would destroy that bastard and I'd live with the consequences.
>>
>>78787027

I have no fucking idea what language they speak in Azerbaijan, but if I was getting paid to write a story about superheroes fighting in Azerbaijan I'd have the good sense to fucking google it. You may as well defend a bartender for making a Manhattan wrong because there are so many cocktails.
>>
>>78795174
At least this was a small panel. There are worse. In the latest issue of Aquaman, there was Superman in his de-powered outfit using eyebeams, flying, lifting stuff.

That artist was even worse, he's not even reading or knowing what happening in the stories right now.
>>
>>78787622
>normie enabler

Kill urself niqqa
>>
>>78793623
If Marvel had a caption that said Black Panther was speaking Blackistanian, they'd be getting murdered too.
>>
>>78787148

I hope it stays acceptable to be interested in nerd shit so comic book fans, weeaboos, and gamers don't get treated like pariahs at school

I was fucking afraid to admit I liked reading comics and playing final fantasy at my school because that shit was "for nerds," now kids can wear x-men or video game t-shirts without getting laughed at.
>>
>>78790598
When did Bumblebee join the avengers
>>
>>78789365

Nathan Edmonson, maybe?

But there WAS controversy about that, so they might be referring to someone else.
>>
>>78795519
That was just Kot going REEEEEEEEEEEEE HE'S A CONSERVATIVE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>78793281
Usonian.
>>
>>78795537

Really, fuck Ales, and this is coming from someone who finds Edmonson boring.
>>
>>78789206
>[Do Not Cross Husband]

Can their women understand that sign?
>>
>>78789206
I don't get it.
>>
10 seconds on Google was all they needed. How embarrassing.
>>
>>78786664
>>people pretending to give a shit about pakistan

Pakistan has a nuclear arsenal and a serious hate-on with India, which also has a nuclear arsenal.

So you better fucking believe people give a shit about pakistan

well, except the current administration, whose foreign policy has put me in form mind of the carter presidency.

is there something less manly than 'limp-wristed'?
>>
File: Warren Stateman.gif (1MB, 191x174px) Image search: [Google]
Warren Stateman.gif
1MB, 191x174px
>>78786764
I hate how correct this statement is.
>>
>>78795586
>>>78793281
>Usonian.

WINNRAR!!!!!!!
>>
>>78795148
>I would destroy that bastard and I'd live with the consequences.
This so much. I would fuck their life up so much (very easy to do thanks to modern technology) they'd probably get pissed off enough to try and kill me or something.
>>
>>78790598
>Spiderwoman dressed in a Sailor Fuku Spider suit.
>>
>>78795148
For real and the blackmailer is a dude who is sexual harassing people? Fuck that. The other thing about the whole situation is that OTHER people know about it too so why the fuck isn't anyone calling him out?
>>
>>78787273
No, he got promoted for it. He's in charge of Superman's circle, which is why you will never see a female editor on those books. He's so terrible at his job and such a PR nightmare, that most people have assumed he's only staying there through blackmail.
>>
>>78788214
It's not Johns, this has been going on for years and Johns was just a writer until recently (comparatively recent anyway.)
>>
>>78795148
That's not how blackmail works.
>>
>>78801590
>No, he got promoted for it.

He use to be Executive Editor at DC during Nu52 so no he actually got demoted presumably for his harrassment behavior.

>He's in charge of Superman's circle,

He was in charge of the Superman books during the Loeb-Casey-Kelly era up until the end of Infinite Crisis.

> which is why you will never see a female editor on those books

He had several female editors though they were mostly terrible and did shit like Gail Simone's Firestorm. I believe they got fired during the move to Burbank.
>>
this mistake is really stupid, people. This isnt a company war thing, this is just a very unintelligent mistake. It makes comics look like an idiotic medium.
This is like writing "translated from Venezuelan"
>>
>>78789651
>If no one gave a shit about Scott Allie, no one is going to give a shit about Berganza

What did Scott Allie do?
>>
>>78786812
Because it's the new thing casuals say to prove how much of a nerd they are.

Proper hardcore Marvel comic fans don't shit on DC at every opportunity. It's only the new casual ones that've never picked up a comic book in their lives but are huuuuuuuuuge nerds cos they looooooved Guardians of the Galaxy.
>>
>>78790853

He's right. You're retarded if you think ignorance and incompetence is ever acceptable -- in this case, being so lazy and idiotic that you can't even use Google to look up something as basic as the name of the language used by a "shitskin" nation, which should already be common knowledge for anyone that's completed basic education. For that matter, it's one thing to not know anything about some shithole in central Africa completely lacking in history or culture like Burundi, but we're talking about Pakistan, a region with thousands more years of history, civilisation, and interaction with the world than any Western nation.
>>
>>78803961
Pakistan was created in 1947. It's younger than the United States of America and alittle bit older than Israel. The entire reason it was created was because the Muslims in India wanted a Muslim dominated state and didn't want a pluralist multi-ethnic state where there was power sharing between religions. Hell much of its territory wasn't even part of the British Raj until the 20th Century.
>>
>>78804264
I'm talking about the region, not the state; it's more convenient to refer to the historical region of Western India currently occupied by Pakistan as Pakistan, even though the state itself is very much a recent construct.
>>
Isn't this also a mistake?
Who the fuck is Selena?
>>
File: 1450240142687.png (5KB, 249x238px) Image search: [Google]
1450240142687.png
5KB, 249x238px
>>78803961
Ignorance and incompetence are the underpinnings of human nature. People make mistakes.
>You're retarded if you think
Stop.
>>
>>78802201

Be sexually creepy (groping, licking, BITING) towards female AND male underlings.
>>
Marvel did the same shit at BP's and Storm's wedding when Kurt uttered "Lieberstesh"; a made up word.

>>78790598
Chinese, Japanese, it's all the same shit. They even had the Japanese military wearing PRC Maoist uniforms in a Psylocke comic.
>>
>>78789206
this looks like one of those fucked up spanish comics
Like the dude is going to be an elephant riding on a child or something
>>
>>78790474
I'm genuinely suprised someone knew this. I still find it hilarious that people think Caucasian means white people.
>>
>>78791152
whats the term for being so used to retarded shit that jokes/sarcasm look sincere?
>>
DC literally could have stopped this from getting big by saying it was a fictional place like kahndaq, and that it's not pakistan but fictional pakistan with a different set of languages. Why does DC have such a terrible PR team? Also it's hilarious how this is only big because of 1 thread we had.
>>
>>78797496
To be fair, not everything on the internet is reliable or true
I mean, I guess now when wikipedia is always the first result and thats fact checked pretty frequently theres really not an excuse, but still
>>
>>78787027
>I probably wouldn't have said Pakistanian, but I can see why somebody without thinking could say that. It's a lot like thinking people in Brazil speak Spanish because it's in Latin America, nstead of, you know, Portuguese.
It's more equivalent to assuming that people in Brazil speak Brazilian because that's the name of the country and you don't really care.
>Or not knowing French is a primary language in a lot of African countries that used to be French colonies.
Or more like assuming people from Africa speak African.
>>
>>78786626
Worst part is that Marvel does has worst editing but they must be enjoying this shit.

>>78786812
It's the popular one right now, that's it and the comics are pandering to them I guess even if they don't buy or read them aside from the few panels tumblr users post.

Also when Marvel makes mistakes like that a few of them get angry, Brevoort says something rude or snarky in his tumblr, the comic "news" websites and Gawker turn a blind eye then no one gives a shit.

DC doesn't have that benefit, they are not as popular, a lot of old SJW hate Didio, their PR team is awful, so DC gets shit on.
>>
>>78805693
>a fictional place called pakistan that is like the real pakistan, but speaks pakistanian

do you realize how absolutely retarded that sounds? dc would be even in more hot water for cultural insensitivity if they deployed your argument.
>>
>>78787291
>>78791279
>>78788952
>>78789195
I heard he has dirt on some of the other DC people.

But if people make enough stink for him to leave to the point that the WB is affected I can see him getting fired.
>>
File: KnowhereCorps.jpg (276KB, 1280x848px) Image search: [Google]
KnowhereCorps.jpg
276KB, 1280x848px
>>78805474
>>78790598
There's also Mantis having Geisha hair in her Knowhere Corps design and she's Vietnamese.
>>
>>78788726
I'm from the UK
>>
>>78789465
No offense but I'm a high school dropout NEET with zero job experience and I fucking know that Pakistanian isn't a goddamn language, just like fucking Mexican language doesn't exist either.
And if DIDN'T fucking knew that, going to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pakistan and checking the "official languages" infobox takes like fucking 2 minutes, if I didn't know that.

This shit has no excuse.
>>
>>78787027
There's no fucking excuse for this shit anymore when Google and Wikipedia exist.

"what language do they speak in pakistan"

wow

so hard
>>
>>78786626
>that tweet
>here's why Marvel's winning
>thing nobody but some small minority of retards from a terrorist nation cares about

>>78786764
Probably because he wasn't British like you, Ahmed.
>>
>>78809590
/pol/, go back in your cage, you're scaring guests.
>>
Why are some of you retards acting like anyone is offended by this and it's some huge controversy? It seems to be mostly people joking around and mocking it.
>>
>>78808014
Could be worse. Imagine a fictional place called America, that is like the real America, but with superheroes and magic throughout history. That would be even less realistic.
>>
File: Wolverine131RecalledKikeSlur.jpg (42KB, 380x285px) Image search: [Google]
Wolverine131RecalledKikeSlur.jpg
42KB, 380x285px
>>
>>78789021
We had troops in Pakistan?

Since when?
>>
>>78810864
Well, Americans send drones to Pakistan at the very least.
>>
>>78787273
No, this is the guy who was accused of sexual harassment by some idiot on the internet and of course no proof was ever offered because proof is anathema to crazy internet feminists who see rape around every corner.
>>
>>78810097
>m-m-muh /pol/ boogeyman
>i-i-i-it's alright /co/mblr, he's gone
>>
>>78813301
How dare you. Listen and Believe.
>>
>>78787027

>As a retard I don't get the big deal

That's nice retard.
>>
>>78786626

It's an embarrassing mistake to be sure (since five seconds of google work would have avoided it), but somehow I don't think it matters a whole lot what pakis think about DC comics. They're not what you'd call a core market. The reasons for DC's death spiral lie elsewhere.
>>
>>78802201
Sexually assaulted a comic book writer at a bar. Grabbed his dick and bit his ear. Apparently he's been doing this stuff for years.
>>
>>78810333

Can't have villains use slurs, it would be rude and such.
>>
>>78808688

Even before the internet you could have looked it up in an encyclopedia, and it would have been only slightly harder.
>>
>>78787099

No one's asking them to think of it off the top of their head, though.

They literally have a computer that they use to do their job.
>>
>>78797202
Its a sign telling motorists to be careful of idiots who move away from their fucking sand-box countries, where driving is as regulated as the Wild West, and just fucking walk out into the street into traffic, because, why not right?
ALAACKA ALLACKA GUESS I'LL CROSS THE STREET WITH A HERD OF SHEEP. DURKA DURKA WHAT ITS RUSH HOUR?? ALALLALLLALLAAAAAA HOW MANY GOAT I CAN FIT ON ONE MOPED!?!
>>
>>78804721
Selena Kyle?
>>
>>78787754

That's equally stupid, but considering that they're color-swaps of each other, very, very slightly more understandable.

But still very stupid, especially considering how many Puerto Ricans live in New York.
>>
>>78787027
>It's a lot like thinking people in Brazil speak Spanish because it's in Latin America, nstead of, you know, Portuguese.

This is the dumbest defense of anything I've ever seen.

If you think Brazilians speak Spanish, even if you don't know what they speak, you're retarded.
>>
>>78814912
>but somehow I don't think it matters a whole lot what pakis think about DC comics. They're not what you'd call a core market.
No, but not only does it look bad if compared to a certain other company pushing a Pakistani-American hero, the fact that something this stupid was allowed to blow up into this giant maelstrom of DC-bashing is indicative of just how bad DC's PR department is these days.
>>
File: 1425372491097.jpg (160KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
1425372491097.jpg
160KB, 1920x816px
So do Pakis have designated shitting streets too?
>>
>>78813301
Well they were right about Scott Allie though.
>>
>>78815293
>bad DC's PR department is these days.

That happens when you fire everyone competent at messaging, public relations or able to engage on social media. DC's critics have a field day because there is no one officially there to counter them.

For all the crap about Breevort, at least he is there.
>>
>>78815365
and Brian Wood.
>>
>>78815434
Fucking /co/ is better at marketing and messaging than the people DC's paying to do the job. I'll happily like DC books, but I've given up on the company doing things right, and just let myself be pleasantly surprised if it happens.
>>
>>78793576
"I am not a clever man"
>>
>>78787027
All I had to do to find out what language they speak is double click the word pakistan, select the option "google search this", and then read the side bar that popped up that said they speak fucking urdu. That literally took less than 3 seconds.
>>
File: selena-1.jpg (34KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
selena-1.jpg
34KB, 800x600px
>>78804721
>>
>>78816829
For some reason I want to do anything for her...

Anything...for Selena.
>>
>>78815538
Please. Not even /co/ can save DC and it's terrible PR. I mean shit, the whole reason people care about this pakastanian bullshit is because of a thread that started on /co/. When we shit on DC, it's for fun and memes, but the clickbait fags who come here for articles take this shit seriously.
>>
>>78787368
Why would Marvel get shit from what something that is EW's fuckup?
>>
It's pretty messed up that Disney gives enough of a fuck to run smear campaigns over comics.
>>
Who cares? Mudslimes are subhumans and deserve any mistreatment they get.
Thread posts: 270
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.