[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we talk about Pak and Kubert over on Action? Their whole

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: 5.jpg (84KB, 599x910px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
84KB, 599x910px
Can we talk about Pak and Kubert over on Action? Their whole run as been incredible from beginning to present. I feel like it doesn't get nearly the attention it deserves and is always shadowed by Snyder and Capullo on Batman who are not as good. Pak gets Superman, and Kubert's art is fucking gorgeous.
>>
>>78770658
Kudder, you moron. It's alright, but nothing spectacular.
>>
OP you're right. They are such a dynamic team.

Action Comics under them has become my favorite mainstream superhero solo book.

I look forward to it so much.
>>
>>78770889
It's the best long term team on a Superman book since Johns and Frank.
>>
Also, Superman had a killer beard in issues 36-40. He should always have a beard.
>>
I feel like Kuder has been carrying it somewhat, and you can tell by the issues that he's missed not being as good. But yeah, it's been a good run. The crossover parts (Doomed and now the later part of Truth) have been low points though.
>>
Oh yes the brilliant thought provoking superman vs Frankenstein with black goo. Yes they need praise for this pivotal work.
>>
The last arc started strong then fell flat
>>
>>78770658
>Pak gets superman
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
No he does not.

>Kubert's art is fucking gorgeous.
His faces are fucking terrible.
>>
>>78770658
It's great when it's not bogged down with editorial events. Vols 5 and 7 were quite good. But the Doomed crossover was terrible, and the current stuff is readable but not very good overall
>>
So how are they going to get Clark his secret identity back?
>>
>>78770733
Kuder, you moron.
>>
>>78780012
>faces
Ultra pleb spotted
>>
>>78770658
I really enjoy Pak/Kuder Action

The last 2-3 issues with the shadow monsters and stuff have been pretty disappointing though, especially since their Truth issues started off so strong
>>
>>78780012
>muh faces
Neo-/co/ in a nutshell.
>>
I want to give them a look since I really enjoyed how Pak's run on the title started, but holy shit I do not care one bit about this Truth stuff with evil Mark Zuckerberg, and him being related to Vandal Savage does not change that.
>>
>>78780277
Yeah wasn't this whole arc supposed to be about Clark's secret identity being exposed? What ever happened to that?
>>
>>78780595
>stuff with evil Mark Zuckerberg, and him being related to Vandal Savage does not change that.
That's in the Superman book
>>
>>78780654
How about it never gets recovered, and he just has to be Clark Kent, Superman from now on and has to adjust socially like he is for the rest of time in comics. I am fine with this.
>>
>>78781011
That's never gonna happen anon
>>
>>78780654
It's still happening. He's going to get his powers back by issue #50 if the cover is anything to go by, but people are still talking about it and Perry White is still pissed.
>>
>>78780654

Probably going to get Mxyzptlked back to normal.
>>
>>78780012
Yes, he does? Superman never gives up, Superman always tries to humanize his foes, Superman always finds another way.

These are all key qualities to Superman.
>>
>>78781011
I really hope they do this, at least for a long while
>>
>>78781217
>bitch nigga perry still acting like a cunt
When perry turned into J. Jonah jameson?
>>
I was so excited for this weeks issue but Kuder only draws 2/3 pages. Really liked how the JLU showed up, that was fun. I'd like to see Kuder draw a team book.
>>
>>78781363
Gordon already called him out on it. Pretty clear his feelings are just hurt because the guy he considers a son didn't trust him.
>>
>>78781011
Honestly this. I don't think it would change anything really besides him not having to lie if there's trouble.
>>
>>78781428
>Gordon
Don't fucking get me started on Bat-Gordon.
>hey Superman get outta gotham you're not wanted here!
>WHOA SAVE ME SUPERMAN
>>
>>78770658
Nah, it hasn't been incredible from beginning to present, it's really been some wasted potential, sure the whole cop thing was good, but that really fizzled to mediocre quick. Pak didn't put in enough work. I actually wanted more ground-level Supes but this arc so far? I've felt really fine with it just ending. The whole Vandal Savage reveal didn't thrill me, the whole plot of his didn't thrill me. Wanting to ruin Superman? Sounds like an interesting premise, but not enough work and time was being put into it.

So far, I'm enjoying GLY's run on Superman over Pak's run on Action. I'm also pretty damn fucking peeved about Hordr_Root's current backstory tying into Vandal Savage with stupid daddy issues. Because hey, I'm liking Hordr_Root more than Vandal Savage right now.
>>
>>78770658
>Pak
>Kubert
>EVER GOOD
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.