[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>there are people posting on this board RIGHT NOW who consider

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 9

File: smiling skellington.jpg (75KB, 265x329px) Image search: [Google]
smiling skellington.jpg
75KB, 265x329px
>there are people posting on this board RIGHT NOW who consider Geoff Johns a legitimately good, imaginative writer
>>
>>78757490
>there are people on this board RIGHT NOW who actually take the Geoff Johns and Brian Michael Bendis memes to heart.
>>
Johns does a fine job for what he does. Sure there are better writers out there, but at least Johns cares about the characters and universe more so than other writers. Ironically, the best way to describe him is by comparing him to sugary breakfast cereal like Trix and whatnot. It's good to enjoy it every now and then, but too much at a time can get boring real fast and in the long run isn't that good for you.
>>
There are people on this board that read comics?
>>
I liked his JSA and I like his approach to characters and their mythos, the way he expands them like he did with Emotional Spectrum for Green lantern. I also liked when Bru and Fraction used that approach on Iron Fist, though.
>>
>>78757490
Except he's one of the few people at DC who can handle writing almost all of their characters.

Look how Flash and Green Lantern fell apart in quality after he left. The Geoff Johns Curse strikes again.

Thankfully Aquaman spared better with Jeff Parker although even DC managed to screw that one up when they put that hack Cullen Bunn on the title.
>>
File: image.jpg (35KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 600x600px
>>78757490
>Not offering bowls of cereal as a form of worship to the one true Cereal King every morning

ISHYGDDT
>>
File: 7qoHFl0.png (304KB, 780x1034px) Image search: [Google]
7qoHFl0.png
304KB, 780x1034px
>>
File: 1442861323407.png (864KB, 1111x1111px) Image search: [Google]
1442861323407.png
864KB, 1111x1111px
>doubting the Quintinity
>>
>>78758948
THANK YOU BASED JOHNS
>>
File: 1441855037216.png (36KB, 210x222px) Image search: [Google]
1441855037216.png
36KB, 210x222px
>>78757490
He's one of DC's best though

If Johns is shit, then DC is in deep fucking trouble
>>
>>78759010
>no bendis

fuck off
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (45KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
45KB, 480x360px
>>78757547
I know Johns gets compared to Bendis a lot, but he is basically DC's Dan Slott, or the other way around. Worked his way up the superhero comics ladder to a flagship book, doesn't really write anything outside of superheroes, has a tendency to focus on "cool" moments or ideas.

Only difference being Johns probably won't die of heart failure this decade.
>>
>there are people on this board right now who don't consider Johns to be one of the best cape writers around.
>>
>>78757490

Johns is like Micheal Bay, is just pop corn. A good pop corn writter, but yes, is sad to see retards that actually pretend Johns is anything more than an average writter. He only seems to be good due how bad is the rest. Johns hasnt done anything good since aquaman and before than sinestro corps. He is just not that talented.

>>78758685
>Except he's one of the few people at DC who can handle writing almost all of their characters.

It took him 15 years to do a decent wonder woman. 15 fucking year, so far he still can't do batman, and his magic characters in general are shit
>>
>>78759121

Bendis is up in the almighty Tribunal along with Stan Lee and Jack Kirby. You can't lump him in with those plebs
>>
What is Johns' best work? For me, it's JSA
>>
>>78759171
Some writers can't even write wonder woman. Johns on the other hand got serious about her character and has delivered the best wonder woman sonce nu52 started.
>>
i remember when johns was just making a name for himself on jsa and flash. The first time he really blew my mind was the captain cold issue of flash and I thought damn this guy is really good. then I followed green lantern up through blackest night and got sick of him shortly after.
I'm just now making my way through justice league lex and it feels like the old johns is back working his magic with the characters
>>
>>78759141
Bendis is the "to go bitch" of the suits of Marvel, Johns is between Bendis and Quesada desu, but yeah, Johns and Slott have more in common.
>>
>>78759171
>still can't do Batman
Batfag pls. Just because johns doesn't slobber all over your husbando's cock doesn't mean he doesn't get Batman.
>>
>>78759141
That and Johns can actually execute his ideas.
>>
>>78759203
Either GL or Aquaman for me.
>>
a lot of people are saying darkseid wars is half-assed, but it still has the same johns magic for me. i got hype seeing the syndicate, mister miracle and barda, anti-monitor, new gods justice league, etc. it feels like the sinestro corps war of his JL run
>>
>>78759203
Flash
>>
>>78759206
>has delivered the best wonder woman sonce nu52 started.

15 years AFTER. It took him 15 years, he didnt even cared about the new gods until the last event (and he fucked up hard). That's the problem with Johnsfags, they celebrate things that should be expected, they celebrate a writter doing their Job. You don't give a dog that didnt took a shit inside the house a steak.
Johns can shit on hald of the characters but fuck! look he is based! Mr miracle and barda are in love!!! so fucking amazing! best writter ever.

Fucking Johnsfags.
>>
>>78759228
>everyone who thinks johns is good in batman doesnt really like batman

So shocking.>>78759287
>it feels like the sinestro corps war of his JL run
>>
>>78759287
Haha, one guy before said this was his Blackest Night because some members of the Justice League got upgraded to New Gods, I thought he was really stretching with that one.
>>
>>78759287
>t feels like the sinestro corps war of his JL run

Sinestro corps was amazing, fast, action packed, and everything mattered. DS war pace is pure slow ass decompression
>>
>like the idea of emotional entities
>kinda bummed about the copy+paste Lantern corps
>>
>>78759350
>>like the idea of emotional entities
It was a cool idea, the problem is that it all ended up being fanfic tier by the time of BN
>>
>>78759302
His arc with Darkseid War is carried on nothing but his name and Jason Fabok artwork really.

I mean like imagine if Scott Lobdell's name was on Justice League with Jason Fabok on art and the scripts were exactly the same, people would be shitting on the book left and right.
>>
>>78759344
>Sinestro corps was amazing, fast, action packed, and everything mattered. DS war pace is pure slow ass decompression
lmao so was sinestro corps war. that shit was a 16 part story
>>
>>78759302
Wonder woman is a hard character to write dude. There's not a lot of writers who get her and even fewer who can write stories about her.
>>
>>78759382
>lmao so was sinestro corps war. that shit was a 16 part story

In how many months?
>>
>>78759325
Man Batfags are insecure as FUCK.
>my husbando will die if we don't constantly bathe him with our tongues!
>>
>>78759302
>implying you actually care about wonder woman
Nobody cares about wonder woman...nobody but Johns that is.
>>
>>78759435
i don't know but darkseid war is 10-11 issues and contained to a single book. hell if you had to add the tie-ins only the lex luthor and flash ones are essential
>>
>>78759478
I care about Diana!
I have folder devoted to her.
>>
>>78759453

It's kinda sad that you don't see the irony.
You dislike Batman, you like Johns take on batman, and yet deny that jophns dislieks the character too.
>>
>>78759550
>you dislike Batman
When did I say that?
>>
how much longer do you think lex is going to be on the justice league? after darkseid war ends i give it 10-15 issues
>>
>>78757490
Who?
>>
>>78759728
I think he might be gone by the end of this arc but who knows really?

I really do like having Lex Luthor trying his hand at being a good guy, I wouldn't mind him starting up his own Justice League with some heroes and villains alike who can't hold down their own ongoings or anything.
>>
>>78759550
He's writing Batman: Earth One, may be possibly writing the screenplay for the Batman movie with Ben Affleck, yet you think he hates Batman. Wow. The delusion is real and too strong.
>>
File: johns love.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
johns love.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>78760247
>He's writing Batman: Earth One

He is working on the movie since that is his fucking Job. And the whole screenplay thing? he is a consultant, and a really bad one considering he was never a batman reader.
>>
>>78759141
>>78759245
That and Johns doesn't spend his time searching for people online to pick a fight with.
>>
Some of johns runs are goat for the charachter like his teen titans
>>
>implying he isn't the GOAT Flash author
>>
>>78760474
>That and Johns doesn't spend his time searching for people online to pick a fight with.
He needs to spend time writting comics instead of working on TV or just quit the JL.
>>
>>78757490
Mostly he does stuff that solid, but nothing special.

But yeah, he's got his share of duds. Took like two years for Justice League to become decent.
>>
>>78760637
>the
"a"

It's him and Waid.
>>
>>78760616
His Teen Titans run was good but he made a mess out of Superboy,Cassie and Tim.
>>
>>78760423
Holy shit, thanks for reminding me why I never read Earth One.
>>
>>78760423
Wait, do you actually have a problem with this page? Because Batman not being an unbeatable preptime god with immaculate detective skills is actually really interesting, and what made Earth-1 so readable.
>>
File: Elseworlds - JLA - SSSH-02-28.jpg (380KB, 934x1532px) Image search: [Google]
Elseworlds - JLA - SSSH-02-28.jpg
380KB, 934x1532px
>>78761457

That's a terrible argument from your part.

Pic related, how to portray a rookie Batman in an elseworld.
>>
>>78761669

And now how to not do it.

Stepping into evidence is something NO ONE over 10 years would do. Yet Johns batman does it and doesnt even feel bad about it.
>>
>>78757658
>CQC Bro
nice trollpost
>>
>>78759010
>Abner Landing
Every time.
>>
>>78758948
THANK YOU BASED JOHNS
>>
>>78761669
>>78761733

Now in animated form

Notice the difference?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ5tQQhl8wc
>>
Look at all of you bitch, bitch, bitch.
Johns made JSA sell.
Johns had a run on the Flash that's now the blueprint for one TV channel's highest rated show.
Johns took DC's Green Lantern franchise and made it it's own fucking line of comics and one of DC's top sellers. And it took DC's monumental incompetence to sink it after he left.
Johns made fucking Aquaman sell. AQUAMAN, you bitches.
There is not one God damn thing that any of you whiny fucktards will ever accomplish in your miserable lives that will ever compare to the achievement of making a shitty character like Aquaman a success in as crappy an industry as the current, modern day comic book market.
And if the OP ever was ever blessed enough to run into Johns in real life, instead of impotently complaining about him online, he should offer to give Johns' pet bulldog a blowjob for the privilege of being in his master's company.
>>
>>78764594
>Johns made JSA sell.

It never sold that much.
>>78764594
>Johns had a run on the Flash that's now the blueprint for one TV channel's highest rated show

Wow, the guy in charge of the media of DC choosed his own material as base for the series he was in charge with?? Wow.

>>78764594
>hns took DC's Green Lantern franchise and made it it's own fucking line of comics and one of DC's top sellers. And it took DC's monumental incompetence to sink it after he left.

GL was dying since brightest day.

>>78764594
>Johns made fucking Aquaman sell. AQUAMAN, you bitches.
It was one of the most hyped books, aquaman has always had good books.
>>
>>78761365
Then it couldn't have been very good if it messed up such key characters. What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
"Wow, the guy in charge of the media of DC choosed his own material as base for the series he was in charge with?? Wow."

Hey, Fuckwit, he "choosed" it. Sure. But then an audience MADE it the number one show for that network. See how that works?

But please keep bitching about it. Maybe that will somehow stop Johns' writing from being a draw.
>>
>>78764594
>>78766609
>it's popular therefore it's good

I don't get this mentality at all, Johns has written a lot of shit comics.
>>
Johns is god
bendis is the devil
>>
>>78757490
Who? All these comicbook writers blur together unless they're totally batshit insane.
>>
>>78766609
>Hey, Fuckwit, he "choosed" it.

He pick his material to use as the base for the series he was the consultant and he was in charge of develop

>>78766915
Johns, a really generic writter that sucks a ton of cocks to get his job. He can be pretty good desu.
>>
>>78766915
But he is the insane cereal lord. You must have heard of Geoff Johns.
>>
>>78767464
You know that in the real world Johns is just another popular comic writter right? that no one outside /co/ believes he is near Brubaker or waid's level right?
>>
>>78767541
Oh, there are people in Twitter who believe that.

Also, I think you may have relied to the wrong comment, nothing I said had anything to do with Geoff Johns being on Waid or Brubaker's level in terms of quality output through the decades.
>>
>>78767917
*on
>>
>>78758948
TYBJ
>>
>>78764789
>JSA didn't sell

Two volumes, an All Star Comics return, JLA crossovers and a classified series say you're full of shit.
>>
>>78768150
It never sold that much =/= JSA didn't sell

Birds of prey was also long running it doesnt mean it was a best seller book, but you are a dumb fanboy, so you don't know the difference.
>>
I dunno if I would say imaginative, but come on, he's at least decent.
>>
>>78761733
>>78761669
So according to Batfags, Batman can never truly fail because if he did that would mean the wroter hates him.
>>
>>78764789
It sold enough to get multiple spin offs and helped make the characters relevant even today. Back when JSA first started, most of them were character nobody cared about/few people did.
>>
>>78768418
There's a big difference between the first image and the second one. Or you can't see it?
>>
>>78768418
You got it, dude.
>>
>>78768298
You can't deny that johns revitalized the JSA and kept them afloat.
>>
>>78768872
>You can't deny that johns revitalized the JSA and kept them afloat.
And who is denying that? JSA is the best he has done.
>>
>>78769474
he made GL outsell Batman
he made GL into a franchise with 4/5 spinoffs
>>
>>78770102
That's great, bendis and loeb also sold a ton.
>>
>>78772196
bendis sold by writing big titles that already sold and adding popular characters
>>
>>78772317
You keep insisting that sells makes him good, when in fact no one denies that is is like michael bay.
>>
>>78759141
>Slott
>dying of heart failure this decade.

Plz anon don't give me hope
>>
>>78764594
Man, I can tell you've never actually read Aquaman before when you make comments like these. He has had more solid creative teams than other titles which people keep clinging to due to one solid run they had in the 80's for years (Teen Titans, I'm looking at you, homie).
>>
>>78773185
Aquaman in the 90's was really strong, he was kind of edgy but pretty much evry decade since the 60's had strong runs.
>>
>>78757490
My problem is that I just have not been feeling any of his recent original creations at all. None of them have made me think "wow I'd like to see more of x elsewhere" except Baz but he suffers from his predessors all still being alive and having their own fans. I still do like how he tries to and new human elements to characters like Supes (will always love Up Up and Away) and does good interaction between them that usually feels really natural.
>>
>>78759171
>It took him 15 years to do a decent wonder woman.
Well yeah right before Amazo Virus he said he actually read more of her character. On twitter he said he read Perez and Jimenez's runs. Probably a couple others I'm not remembering.
Before he probably didn't give much of a shit about reading her books and just needed a plot device.

>so far he still can't do batman
Nah, his Batman is okay most of the time.
>Power Ring moment
>his speech being about muh parents
>constant cock measuring contest with Lex
>not treating Dick like shit
>>
>>78760423
>>78761376
>ignoring the part where Batman later admits that he needs to be a detective and wants Jim's help after battling Riddler

Come on Batfags
>>
>>78768418
That's exactly it, actually.
>>
>>78774320
>>ignoring the part where Batman later admits that he needs to be a detective and wants Jim's help after battling Riddler

Good for him, he gets the maturity of a 12 years old. Fuck off. The story is terrivle and you have terrible taste in comics. Go read LOTDK you may learn a few things. Fucking johnsfags,
>>
>>78757490
if you consider him terrible you may as well not read like 95% of the big two because he is above the bar.
>>
>>78774743
The bar is really low, but stuff like midnighter is way better than what johns has been doing for the last 2 years
Thread posts: 97
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.