[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IDW Transformers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 56

So, guys, I want to get into IDW Transformers. What's the best reading order to get to the current run fast?
I'd want to catch up to the current run and read the old stuff in the backburner so to speak, as I'm waiting for the new issue to come out.
I hope you understand what I mean, english isn't my first language so the way I wrote this post may be a bit clunky. Thanks guys.
>>
File: transformersrec.png (182KB, 1289x1016px) Image search: [Google]
transformersrec.png
182KB, 1289x1016px
idk
>>
>>78754046
Thanks, this looks pretty great. I take it this is pretty much the definitive order, right? Or are there any arguments to be made for release order?
>>
>>78754756
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Transformers_(IDW_Publishing)#Chronological_Comic_Order
>>
File: transformersrec2.png (201KB, 1500x2044px) Image search: [Google]
transformersrec2.png
201KB, 1500x2044px
>>
>>78754821
No, no, I asked if the chronological order is just undoubtetly better than the release order. Or rather is there any point in looking into the order of release, since pretty much all of the online discussions I've found recommends some kind of altered reading order.
>>
Just start with More Than Meets the Eye and Robots in disguise and check out Last stand of the Wreckers. That's all you need
>>
>>78756279
I want Tumblr to leave.
>>
>>78756444
go back to /aco/ and cry like a faggot over how mean everyone on /co/ is
>>
>>78756279
That's the worst advice I've heard in a while.
For OP, >>78754046 is good, read the marked phase 1 stories (all red, blue and green) and jump on to phase 2 and read everything from that onward.
When you catch up to the newest issue at the time, feel free to read up on older stories if you feel like it. Transformers is my favourite out of all the current runs. Real good shit.
>>
>>78757051
Nah this is the nicest board here, you just gave garbage advice that's very common on Tumblr.
Fujoshits are really into MtMtE and RiD and always recommend skipping all the earlier stuff (which is shit advice).
>>
>>78757499
it wasnt me that gave the advice you faggot
Im just tired of muh boogyman tumblr spam
>>
>>78757499
>Fujoshits
>>>/trash/
>>>/a/
>>>/r9k/
pick one and get >>>/out/
>>
Hey! I'm interested in getting into Transformers too, but I don't have slightest clue besides them being robots who can transform into vehicles and such.
Where do I begin? Do the comics explain enough, or should I look into cartoons?
>>
>>78757706
>>78757752
Samefag
>>
File: 1450040833131.jpg (151KB, 965x738px) Image search: [Google]
1450040833131.jpg
151KB, 965x738px
>>78757757
The IDW comics covers the origin, the conception and the post-war stories of Transformers. The earlier comics were apparently full of continuity errors corrected in the recent runs.

There exists different comics outside of IDW, mainly the Marvel-RegenerationOne continuity, the Dreamwave continuity, Kiss Players and so on. Just cover >>78754046 and you'll do fine.

The one thing you need to get used to as a new reader is differentiating some of the robots from each other, as a lot of them can look the same due to face plates and body-types.
>>
>>78757987
Ok, thanks. What do you think, should I read as much I can off of that list, or only the marked ones? What are your thoughts on that?
>>
File: previously on IDW Transformers.png (1MB, 850x962px) Image search: [Google]
previously on IDW Transformers.png
1MB, 850x962px
despite how tumblry most of the current IDW comics are, they actually are some oft he best fiction in the franchise.

before hand all you had were Marvel G1, Beast Wars and Animated.

I mean I like some of the more mediocre series like Cybertron, Prime and RID2015 but still.
>>
>>78758359

>TFA good

Sit down and actualy rewatch it, 90% of the big stories are terribly written and the little true world building it had had to be tweeted out and shoved in an almanac released after it was done.

It's on the same level of RID and Prime, aka garbage that only gets fandom brownie points thanks to references to old shit they grew up on.
>>
>>78758411
I loved Animated and I didn't even notice half the references they were doing. Mostly just for Ratchet, Bulkhead and the Decepticon.

Partly for Sari's backstory and Cybertron episodes
>>
File: optimus wat.jpg (52KB, 328x368px) Image search: [Google]
optimus wat.jpg
52KB, 328x368px
>>78758411

they had fantastic characterizations, you can't tell me TFA Optimus isn't the best Optimus PRIME in terms of writing and characterization.
>>
>>78753602
There used to be a torrent on PB that has all the IDW books in reading order.
>>
File: Previously on MTMTE.png (1MB, 1024x563px) Image search: [Google]
Previously on MTMTE.png
1MB, 1024x563px
>>78758182

If your basic idea of Transformers is "Robots from space fighting on earth", go read the Spotlights issues, which is basically random stories from Cybertron, space and Earth consisting of individual TF characters and their (hidden) personalities and motives. Spotlight Megatron does alright in explaining why he keeps Starscream around, Thundercracker isn't just some Starscream repaint and the other spotlights sets up for future or other arcs. The Arcee one is a bit of a hit and miss due to it focusing on genders (which was later 'retconned' after the Dark Cybertron arc)

More Than Meets The Eye and Robots in Disguise are post-war stories. Since a lot of the media surrounding Transformers are already about the war, these two series are unique in being after the war but not Beast Wars.

Other oneshots like Last Stand of the Wreckers, Punishment-Redemption, Autocracy are oneshots and miniseries. Better off if you've read at least more than two stories in the post-war arcs.
>>
File: that's how big it is.jpg (38KB, 464x496px) Image search: [Google]
that's how big it is.jpg
38KB, 464x496px
>>78758359
I love how only one dialogue bubble managed to cover two books and a crossover arc's summaries.
>>
>>78758524

I've seen "young leader" story done 100 times before, and all much better than TFA bothered doing. It doesn't work to do a character like that and completely fail to actualy show his progress, Optimus never stops acting different he is always responsible and he is always pushing to do what's right, the narrative simply decides at random when people take him seriously and when they don't. The season finale is flat out retarded since it acts like he is in the wrong for being upset at insubordination and lack of communication from his team that came from their desire to do what the fuck ever they wanted without informing him.

It was badly written. The only character arc the show did decently was Ratchet's, but everything else was mostly weak bordering at insultingly mediocre.
>>
>>78758465

So you liked it partly for the story we never fully explored and for the 4 episodes on Cybertron?
>>
>>78758671
Yep. It was two seasons so I was only half disappointed and half amused but all around enjoyed the ride, even after being disgusted by the artstyle and animation in the beginning
>>
>>78758594
Alright. I appreciate the help. Thanks a bunch, I'll get on it.
>>
File: 1405772776162.jpg (200KB, 482x634px) Image search: [Google]
1405772776162.jpg
200KB, 482x634px
>>78758903
side note, if you're wondering if the IDW comics adapt whatever the Bayformers have done into the main story like Marvel does from their MCU, they rarely do. The only time they've done so in my memory is with Barricade, where he becomes a "corrupt" cop with a shining heart of gold, Dinobot Strafe and some minor references to the robot designs.
>>
File: idw selfie.png (498KB, 418x654px) Image search: [Google]
idw selfie.png
498KB, 418x654px
>>78758651

you gotta give IDW credit for being able to do that.
>>
File: 1432788647068.jpg (924KB, 867x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1432788647068.jpg
924KB, 867x1000px
I kinda liked the DOTM ending more than the IDW/novel DOTM ending
>>
File: 1384252473393.jpg (67KB, 798x600px) Image search: [Google]
1384252473393.jpg
67KB, 798x600px
>muh tumblr boogy-cooties!

If tumblr is the reason why MTMTE is always hitting the top 10 charts on Comixology in the US and UK, and Winner of Comics Alliance's Best of 2015, and other awards then...Who cares? The series is getting popular enough to keep going and bitching isn't gonna stop it.
>>
>>78759477
yes but the speshul snowflakes are mad someone else besides them is getting their dick sucked
>>
>>78760585
I'm only mad because there was a recent period in MTMTE history when the book sucked hard and read like a fanfiction of itself. And yeah, James roberts being more concerned with indluging and not offending sensibilities of certain psychotic segments of the fanbase could have something to do with it.
Now I'm only slightly mad because with the second Scavengers arc, it looks like the book is getting back on track. But still, it was marketed as a book where serious shit has consequences, and as the most recent issue shows, it doesn't. Moreover, those consequences are swept aside with some of the most embarassing copouts I've ever seen.
>>
IDW is bad just read the Marvel comics.
>>
>>78760949

I'm hoping he someday learns it better to not appeal to one specific group and just tell a good fun story.
>>
>>78760949
I think you're getting buttflustered because it had a few shit issues (which it did) and ignoring how Roberts is the king of the long game. Every little thing he acted like was "brushed aside"? That will be back with a vengeance- you know it will be, it has before. So many times have we seen something obscure from a past issue show up only to be incredibly important. Roberts has told us on twitter that none of this stuff is finished and that there are even hints as to what to be looking for in current issues.
All that being said I think you're panicking too early and acting like one of the tfw fags. Chill out and give it some time and if it does continue to suck, drop it like I'll be doing.
>>
>>78760967
As someone who's read the entire Marvel run, that's a good one man, you are a great comedian.
>>
File: Insecticons Devastation.png (568KB, 726x446px) Image search: [Google]
Insecticons Devastation.png
568KB, 726x446px
So, how many intelligent "species" of Cybertronian do you think there should be?

Just the one? Humanoid and beasts? Humanoids, Predacons, Insecticons? Another split?
>>
>>78760949
>mad
>slightly mad
Were you ever happy?

>indluging
Dude. That was like, two issues out of 48.
>>
>>78761316
As many as possible.
>>
>>78761148
I'm not necessarily talking about mutliple dangling plot strands because I can wait while they are resolved, but some of this like the Autobot mole inside the djd was resolved in a terrible way.

I'm talking about characters dying. I don't want an LSOTW-style memorial plate every other issue, but if you kill someone remotely relevant, have the balls to stick with it. But first it was alternate realities, now it's just surprise I was only pretending I died xD
>>
>>78761398
Transformers are suppose to be really, really hard to kill. Rung, Ultra Magnus, Red Alert, and Fort Max are examples to this.

Rewind is an oddity and so far it's only his case. Either he decided to do that or someone higher ups told him to bring him back. Something I think you're getting hunged up on.
>>
>>78761398
>like the Autobot mole inside the djd was resolved in a terrible way.
Said on twitter that's not resolved.

Trailcutter is dead. Pipes is dead. Ambulon is dead. Pharma is dead (with possibly Quintesson problems coming later). But yes there have been deaths. More than what I just mentioned.
You're the same type who would throw a massive bitchfit if he actually killed off any named characters too, and they stayed dead. Roberts did say he regretted the way he handled Red Alert but that the only deaths he rewrote were Fort Max and Tailgate. Rewind was always supposed to come back, Rung was always supposed to live, etc.
>>
>>78753602

I'm in the same boat as you, and /co/ at the time (few months ago) told me to get The IDW Collections, which so far, has been pretty good. Got 2 volumes so far.
>>
>>78761526
>Transformers are suppose to be really, really hard to kill.
Megs is a murder master then. All dose flowers.
>>
File: 129624564935.jpg (342KB, 449x600px) Image search: [Google]
129624564935.jpg
342KB, 449x600px
>>78762744
>Megs is a murder master then.
Megs is the master of alot of things.
>>
>>78762526
>Trailcutter is dead. Pipes is dead. Ambulon is dead.

Add Flywheels to that list and you've completely covered all my "still butthurt" bases.

>And yet Tailgate will fucking live forever, near death after near death
>>
>>78762744
>>78762906
Murdermaster would be a pretty badass name for a Decepticon
>>
>>78763016
Well then yes, you are just a buttmad little child.

I'll admit I liked Trailcutter alot and am mad he's dead, but that's how it goes.

>>78763047
>Murdermaster would be a pretty badass name for a Decepticon
I need this now.
>>
someone have the image with Starscream in a scenery with the crown and a micro, and Cyclonus and Galvatron being the public, thumb down him and saying "This is bad comedy"?
>>
>>78762526
>>78761526
I am talking about Cyclonus specifically. Him, and Rewind, too, but at least Rewind got somewhat of an arc of his comic book death. Cyclonus just thought he was dying because he realized they were approaching final pages of the issue. Luckily, the entire conflict leading up to that was pretty much resolved in three pages of the next issue.

I'm not particularly interested in what James Roberts writes on twitter until I read it in the actual book.
>>
>>78761316

Just one: Transformers. The various offshoots (Predacons, Insecticons, etc.) are still Transformers.
>>
>>78761398

They're shapechanging space robots with magic souls. Hell, at one point they didn't even have magic souls, they were just robots.

Of course they're hard to kill. Shit, only time it hasn't been hard to kill a Transformer was the '86 movie.
>>
>>78763819
I am not arguing how hard it is to kill a transformer because it's a pointless argument even if someone is into that kind of thing due to wild inconsistencies even within the same continuity.

What I'm saying is that from the perspecitve of a reader, if you're reading a blatant Dying Words scene for one of the more memorable characters just for him to be back up and running a few pages later, then that's real shit writing and I don't even know why is this happening because I've been reading MTMTE for a long as anyone and it seriously used to be free of this kind of shit.
>>
>>78763661
I am slightly throw off by Cyclonus' recovery as well but I'm willing to wait a few more issues and see where it goes.
Otherwise yes, it was a death tease which is very common in monthly comics but still.

(and I'm not really complaining but you do keep moving the goalposts- at least the Cyclonus thing is a solid point however)
>>
>>78763259
>Murdermaster
If you could give that name to one existing Decepticon, would it be Tarn or Overlord?
I'm leaning Tarn though if it were trial by combat for the name, I think Overlord would take it.
>>
>>78764124
It suits Tarn better but I think Overlord is more deserving of it, if that makes sense. I don't think Tarn has killed near as many people as Overlord has and Overlord is more likely to kill someone just because.
>>
File: 1427115827512.jpg (253KB, 900x1366px) Image search: [Google]
1427115827512.jpg
253KB, 900x1366px
>>78764186
That's pretty much how I feel: Overlord's done more to deserve it though it fits Tarn better.
I gotta give it to Tarn though.
I mean, he just wants to talk after all.
>>
>>78764186
>and Overlord is more likely to kill someone just because.

I don't actually get that impression

I think they're BOTH pretty fast and loose with their reasons for killing people

And if Overlord has killed more, it's just because he was a phase sixer whose job it was to kill more people.
>>
>>78764361
>I don't actually get that impression
Really? He always came across as just barely keeping it together to me, and he seems to really enjoy killing. What's your impression of him?
>>
>>78764361
Overlord's also a confirmed Outlier, though I think we can assume Tarn is, too.
>>
>>78764320
>I mean, he just wants to talk after all.
really makes me wonder if he'd be much of a threat without his voice
I can see that happening at some point, he goes to fight someone and the other punches him in the throat
>>
>>78764430
No, you misunderstand. Read my second line

It's not that I don't think Overlord is unlikely to kill people just because, but I don't think he's MORE likely to do than Tarn

Tarn, I think, probably has the potential to be just as "kill on a whim for the fuck of it" as Overlord is
>>
>>78764454
They both are according to Prowl.
>>
>>78764454
>Overlord's also a confirmed Outlier

He is?

In what way? Waht's his super-special power?
>>
>>78764487
>It's not that I don't think Overlord is unlikely to kill people just because, but I don't think he's MORE likely to do than Tarn
You're right, I read the line but didn't consider it. Man this is making me wish we could see the two fight each other just for the hell of it.
>>
>>78764482
Or it could play out like in issue 2 or 3 of Midnighter, 'bot he's fighting could just take out their own audio receptors, grins, and Tarn gets the ass kicking we've always wanted.
Holy shit, what if this is why Megatron's never seemed worried about that hitsquad of Decepticon Deserters coming for him, he's had this planned out from the start, like with Overlord.

>>78764511
I assumed he was an Outlier because he's virtually impossible to kill and is still ridiculously strong even when burned down to just a frame.
>>
>>78764511
I think that anon was thinking of .01% bots and not outliers.
>>
>>78764482
He can also use the radio to do the talk to death thing.
>>
>>78764580
>I assumed he was an Outlier because he's virtually impossible to kill and is still ridiculously strong even when burned down to just a frame.
That's because his whole frame was coated in the ununtonium or whatever its called that made him indestructible, he started life as just a really strong guy otherwise.
>>
>>78764588
There's a difference?
Man, I guess I gotta go re-read the pre-war arc again.
I thought they were the same thing, just independently discovered.
Like, Shockwave had his training institute and called them Outliers, Megatron just found out 0.01% of robots are special by murdering them en masse.
>>
>>78745907
Beast Wars was a literal sequel to g1, you saw the arc and everything. Fucking Ravage and Starscream showed up.Actual events from the cartoon were directly adressed, are you Fucking retarded?>>78757499
AhM and the ongoing sucked though
>>
>>78764622
Didn't it outright kill all the other 'bots Megatron tried to completely cover with that stuff?
Maybe I'm mistaken and Overlord's a one-off because of how rare the stuff was.
>>
>>78764589
I still don't understand how that works.

>>78764628
Yeah, ones a born-with unusual ability and the other refers specifically to a special spark type. Like you can be both of those but the names refer to only one condition or the other.
>>
>>78764628
No, Outliers are like mutants from X-Men. Born with special powers like having forcefields or magnet arms

Point One Percenters are just guys who are really strong and have green sparks for some reason

So Trailcutter is an outlier because mutant power, but he has a not-special blue spark

Point one percenter seems to be an ill-defined, nebulous term to me
>>
>>78759043
That's done in almost all fiction when an adaptation exists with the original, the two from a symbiosis taking elements back and forth from each other.

Transformers is that applied to multiple series, all taking cues from each other.
>>
>>78764660
He's one of 3 or 4 guys that had that and lived. Sixshot and Black Shadow had it done too, and some guy that looked like a ninja who I can't remember the name of.
>>
>>78764660
It killed bots who weren't strong enough to survive the procedure, that's why he started using only .01%'ers, they were the only ones strong enough to survive. Overlord wasn't the only one btw, we know all the Phase Sixers received this treatment and possibly Tarn since he has to be able to fight and survive killing Phase Sixers, but the Tarn part is speculation at this point.
>>
>>78753602
>So, guys, I want to get into IDW Transformers.
RUN, RUUUUN
and don't look back
>>
>>78764806
Pussie.
>>
>>78755165
Chronological is never a good idea in my eyes. It should always be release order. Prequel material is meant to be informed by your understanding of the present material, not the other way around.

It's like with Star Wars, the prequel trilogy has no meaning to you if you don't already know who Darth Vader is and what his ultimate fate is.
>>
>>78753602
Anyone feeling kinda trippy over the wiki imploding over AVP?
>>
>>78764725
>Sixshot and Black Shadow had it done too, and some guy that looked like a ninja who I can't remember the name of.

Heretech

And also Killmaster. You know, with the wand.

I'm pretty sure that one guy in the DJD has some of it too, but only on his grinding wheel or soemthing. Tesarus? Is that the guy?
>>
>>78765194
>I'm pretty sure that one guy in the DJD has some of it too, but only on his grinding wheel or soemthing. Tesarus? Is that the guy?
Yeah its confirmed the DJD's weapons or parts that have to deal with Phase Sixers have been coated in the stuff too.
>>
>>78764646
So if there's a Ravage and Starscream, it's G1?

Starscream's appearance in Beast Wars actually contradicts the series, since he was still alive when last seen there.

And of course, I never said Beast Wars wasn't G1, just that the Transformers vs GI Joe comic felt more G1 than the show did.
>>
>>78765552
No,but it's the Ravage and the Starscream from g1. How could a series who has several charcaters and plotlines directly about and from the g1 stories, feel more g1 than a wholesale reboot.
>>
>>78764082
I would guess he's a tough old bastard or it has something to do with him living in the deadverse for a while.
>>
>>78766337

BW didn't feel very G1 at all. It became a future (and past) that didn't fit with much of anything the way things were looking by the end of the actual G1 US cartoon. All of a sudden the TF's were much tinier on average? They were all animal based now, and not like traditional Transformers being robot animals, but with a faux flesh and blood coating? They had souls now? They were protoplasmic goop in pods? What?

It wasn't a bad series, but it felt so unconnected to anything despite actually being very connected.
>>
File: keith david smug.jpg (7KB, 185x273px) Image search: [Google]
keith david smug.jpg
7KB, 185x273px
>>78764482

that's why he sounds like Keith David when I read.
>>
>>78766837
Me too, his voice fits him so well.
>>
>>78766837
Alex Milne said that's the voice actor he would chose for Tarn.
>>
>>78753602
This is possibly the greatest thing ever.
>>
>>78767322

The TF Wiki is a fucking joke.

Literally.

It's just David Willis spamming ebin maymays and getting butthurt about transphobia.
>>
File: 1353238841619.jpg (48KB, 264x400px) Image search: [Google]
1353238841619.jpg
48KB, 264x400px
>>78767152
This pleases me.
>>
>>78767438

to be fair me and my friend both add in funny captions involving the shows we like.
>>
>>78767438
Willis hardly ever even edits the wiki, it's just funny seeing the culture of wank they propagated mutate into something now crushing them
>>
>>78767322
I don't know what this Internet drama is about.
>>
>>78767322

Whats going on here exactly? I don't read fan wiki's, they're usually loaded with retardation. I'm guessing thats what I'm seeing here? Some backlash from retards?
>>
>>78767322
Those guys are always good for laughs.
>>
>>78767660
tfwiki is the Transformers wiki, they are notable for unlike other fanwikis, being very influential ont he official fiction; several editors becoming writers and it's methods of categorization being direct influences on fiction.

However this caused a projection of an image of Transformers online, one that is full of conflation, retconning stuff together, multiversal; stuff, massive lore expansions of minor toy only toys, and general things of that nature. Problem is, it got too much for there own good.

Ask Vector Prime is a facebook series were Vector Prime, a Watcher type figure answeres fan questions, Because he is a master of all time and space he can basically say anything about anything and it becomes officall Transformers canon and thus the wiki HAS to record it. But because of there aformentioned influence almost all questions asked are made JUST to get stuff on the wiki.

So imagine a world were anyones head canon is liable to become canon canon just by the virtue of asking a leading question.

For example, for legal reasons, the GoBots tv show isnt counted as Transformers, but obviously this feature is, so several folks have asked GoBots questions JUST so the write up answer could let them put gobots stuff on the wiki.
>>
>>78768414
why should any of this matter or anyone care? it seems pointless
I dont know why it keeps getting brought up
>>
>>78768628
It should serve as a warning to anyone wanting to check out Transformers comics. This is how far the rabbit hole goes, this will happen to you, so run and don't look back.
>>
File: 1394922483669.jpg (27KB, 258x401px) Image search: [Google]
1394922483669.jpg
27KB, 258x401px
>>78768850
>>
>>78768414

But does anyone from Hasbro even acknowledge the comic shit besides the occasional Generations figure?
>>
>>78769220

Nope. The Current crop of Hasbro toy designers are GEEWUUUN OOOOONLY that hate everything post G1 so it's highly unlikely that anything comic related will ever be acknowledged by Hasbro.
>>
>>78769363
Then explain minimum effort's inclusion in CW Ultra Magnus.
>>
>>78769509

The toy design was done by the previos design team (one responsible for Springer, Skids, Brainstrom etc.) but it wasn't made until much later when that team got booted and the new hollow plastic cheapfuck team was put in charge.
>>
File: geewunnerlogic.jpg (49KB, 400x554px) Image search: [Google]
geewunnerlogic.jpg
49KB, 400x554px
>>78769363

man it sucks they are all geewunners.

at least have one beast wars fan amongst them or something?
>>
>>78769629
"Beast Wars was a dark time."
-Marc Weber
>>
>>78769583
Explain Rewind then.
>>
File: 350px-Optimusg1.jpg (44KB, 350x447px) Image search: [Google]
350px-Optimusg1.jpg
44KB, 350x447px
>>
File: terminal.jpg (12KB, 350x296px) Image search: [Google]
terminal.jpg
12KB, 350x296px
>>78769629
>literally facebook 'meme'
>>
>>78769731
Accidents happen. You were born, after all.
>>
>>78769886
Yeah, but I don't think making his new toy have his IDW head was an accident. Seems kind of far fetched.
>>
>>78769509
Hey Onslaught24, get tired of tfw?
>>
>>78766813
They literally fought over the bodies of the arc crash from the original series. They call out the g1 stories as myth.

It's an explicit sequel to g1 as a whole, which is why it mixes and matches details.

We saw the ruins of Iacon for gods sakes.
>>
>>78769991
>lit'ruly who
>>
>>78770131
>>lit'ruly
I'm sure you toyfags know.
>>
>>78769220
>>78769363
>>78769629
>>78769509

The comic shit IS hasbro, all tf fiction is made by contracted liscensees. from Marvel to Sunbow to Mainframe, to IDW to Paramount,to funpub, to cartoon network to We've, Hasbro doesn't bother with fiction itself, they just hand down orders, due to a bunch of cooperate bs, Hasbro right now is focusing on IDW as it's fiction, but they and Takara are behind and above everything

>>78769629
Beast Wars is g1, just like Regeneration One or Headmasters or any of the other future follow up stories.
>>
>>78770389
Doesn't Takara do some of their own fiction?
>>
File: 1452005943327.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1452005943327.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>78770058
Iacon doesn't mean G1 though, since it's appeared in Armada, Cybertron (well, the toyline), Animated, War for Cybertron, and Transformers vs GI Joe (whose universe is apparently in question)
>>
>>78770389
>Hasbro right now is focusing on IDW as it's fiction
It's been mentioned by Roberts Hasbro is very on-board and easy going with it's current path in IDW. Wouldn't be surprising if they updated Chromedome's bio in the future to reflect it.
>>
>>78768628
Because folks are uncomfortable with any random assholes headcanon being made offical and capable of rewriting fiction they has nothing to do because some guy on Facebook said so.

To try to outside in other terms imagine if I could tweet a guy, and all of a suddon, CIA from Dark Knight Rises is now Deathstroke and Mortal Kombat is an official DC universe
>>
>>78770483
>EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>78770539
>mentioning that a robot is a faggot in a bio
>on an American toy
>in 2016
Good one.
>>
>>78770539
Yeah, could see his old "computer programmer" function being replaced by mnemosurgery (which is probably where the latter came from. Examining what reprogramming the computers that run their bodies would mean), with the Institute of Higher Programming being abbreviated to just "the Institute"
>>
>>78770614
theyre robots so technically theyre still not faggots

besides there are many ways to word a bio without touching any of that
>>
>>78770614
You missed the word "future".
>>
>>78770539
Duh. After aligned fell through IDW became the primary fiction by default. Thus Prime Wars trilogy.

Also, the wiki and there classification system is why things like IDW, Cloud and TF vs Gi Joe are G1, despite how little sense that makes. (They almost made the Live action films g1 as well)
>>
>>78770539
>>78770614
They could just ambiguously mention how close he and Rewind are.

I could see it.

They obviously wouldn't spell it out in big bold letters that Rewind was his boyfriend
>>
File: 1413692981041.jpg (101KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1413692981041.jpg
101KB, 800x600px
>>78770609
MERP MERP MERP
>>
>>78770747
anyone have the original?
>>
File: 1425837174934.jpg (75KB, 468x701px) Image search: [Google]
1425837174934.jpg
75KB, 468x701px
>>78770747
Committee of Cheetors approves!
>>
>>78770682
While the boundaries between the universal streams are rather artificial, I find it hard to imagine a universe where TFvsGI Joe isn't G1.
>>
>>78770682
If the story is a retelling of the war between the Autobots and Decepticons depicted in the original series (and maintains its aesthetic), its G1.
>>
File: 1452005248880.jpg (3MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1452005248880.jpg
3MB, 1988x3056px
>>78770778
>>
File: tarnmask.jpg (360KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
tarnmask.jpg
360KB, 600x849px
So who do you guys think Tarn is?
>>
>>78771116
Roller, obv
>>
>>78771116
He's either Roller or someone completely unknown. I don't buy into the Dominus Ambus theory.
>>
>>78771116
A very shitty OC.
>>
>>78771413
Just like you senpai
>>
Willis is considering pulling the plug on TFWiki.net because Ask Vector Prime is making stuff canon he doesn't agree with.

>http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Transformers_Wiki_talk:Community_Portal#Walky_Calls_It

>That's because the current AVP-heavy focus is discouraging all the other regular editors, because it's such an avalanche of bad faith canon addition that to some it just doesn't seem worth it any more to contribute. If there's a dispute? One side Asks Vector Prime. It's a fucking cancer. It's squeezing out the rest of this wiki. Nobody's here anymore to finish up articles that need updating, they're just here to create canon via AVP. That is how my limited time is wasted on here now, managing all this dumb AVP shit, and lately I've found it too aggravating to even bother. If you keep making this whole enterprise a worthless bad-faith chore? Yeah, the website's going to go away, because why am I spending fucking money on this?

All this over fucking GoBots.
>>
>>78771519
Is it really just over GoBots? Seems so....exaggerated over something so little.
>>
File: CanThey.jpg (164KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
CanThey.jpg
164KB, 1024x1024px
>>78770960
>>
File: 1385080920903.jpg (76KB, 494x318px) Image search: [Google]
1385080920903.jpg
76KB, 494x318px
>>78771519

Maybe because I read the comics and know there are various of different Cybertronains and colonies that I don't see a problem with GoBots. Is there some sort vital information relating to them that justify not having them related? Is it just a person neckbearding to hell and back?
>>
>>78771683
I agree, people can't be this retarded that they think TFvJ is anything but G1.
>>
>>78771519
>All this over fucking GoBots.
>>78771519
>Is it really just over GoBots? Seems so....exaggerated over something so little.

It's more complicated than that.

Willis is very, very butthurt that he cannot get an in with Hasbro to officially work on TF and has lost most of his goodwill with Funpub.

Jim Sorensen, a fan who turned pro and has a great relationship with Hasbro and runs the Ask Vector Prime Facebook page, as been antagonizing Willis for a while. He uses the AVP page to make any idea or fan theory Willis doesn't like canon. And a group of people who don't like Willis or have ever disagreed with him in the past over canon are invited to ask Vector Prime "is this canon?" And if it disagrees with Willis, AVP will say "yes".

And then the Wiki, which Willis owns and has to pay monthly fees to maintain, has no choice but to include all that info because it is canon.

Willis has lost this battle and the only way he knows how to "get even" is to take the Wiki away from everyone. Including the dedicated users who have spent 8 years WRITING the fucking thing FOR him. He'd be happy to erase all their hard work just to get the last word against Sorensen.
>>
>>78771682
I'm surprised he just doesn't declare it all non-canon in a piece of code hidden in Recordicons, like he's tried to do before.

Oh wait, of course. Recordicons finished, so he's no longer able to manipulate canon himself. No wonder he's so pissed at others doing it.
>>
>>78771799
Hell not all bots doesn't even have to be Cybertronains. You got races like the Ammonites.
>>
>>78771897
>Jim Sorensen, a fan who turned pro and has a great relationship with Hasbro and runs the Ask Vector Prime Facebook page, as been antagonizing Willis for a while. He uses the AVP page to make any idea or fan theory Willis doesn't like canon. And a group of people who don't like Willis or have ever disagreed with him in the past over canon are invited to ask Vector Prime "is this canon?" And if it disagrees with Willis, AVP will say "yes".
So theyre both shit heads.
>>
>>78771897
Jim Sorensen just became my favorite person.
>>
>>78771967
Yeah, also Walky has no problem when it's being used to canonise his headcanon. He'll pretty much flip on a dime depending on what they're canonising this week.
>>
File: The_DJD.jpg (484KB, 1200x776px) Image search: [Google]
The_DJD.jpg
484KB, 1200x776px
>>78771413
He doesn't need secret identity to be that
>>
>>78772029
It's like two little kids slinging mud at one another.
>>
>>78771967
>So theyre both shit heads.
>>78771967
>Jim Sorensen just became my favorite person.

Sorensen wrote those AllSpark Almanac books and those things were a ton of fucking fun to read and there's a million hidden Easter eggs to search for.

Willis wrote and drew Recordicons. Hmmm.
>>
>>78772115
I don't care what he wrote he's being a petty little cunt too. Aren't any of these faggots above this shit?
>>
File: 1412289663227.jpg (89KB, 437x412px) Image search: [Google]
1412289663227.jpg
89KB, 437x412px
It's kind of amusing how after all the complaints about go-bots and about how the wiki is being tainted by them...

The club releases its newest story and it's all about the go-bots meeting shattered glass.
>>
>>78771897
>Willis has lost this battle and the only way he knows how to "get even" is to take the Wiki away from everyone. Including the dedicated users who have spent 8 years WRITING the fucking thing FOR him. He'd be happy to erase all their hard work just to get the last word against Sorensen.

I've always viewed TFWiki as being more the work of Chris McFeely, the dude who wrote pretty much all the fuckin useful guide content on the site, even for the real SHIT source material like all that garbage anime.

Hate the captions and Willis all you like, but TFWiki is a good resource and the people who actually WROTE most of it are pretty standup dudes.

Willis is just a total piece of shit, and unfortunately, he foots the bill for the site and can pull the plug if his feelings get hurt.
>>
>>78772180
Gewunners. Finding one taking the moral high ground is extremely rare.
>>
>>78772282
>Hate the captions and Willis all you like, but TFWiki is a good resource and the people who actually WROTE most of it are pretty standup dudes.
This. I know theres drama because of Willis but the wiki is still useful.
>>
>>78772180
>Aren't any of these faggots above this shit?

They're a bunch of fandom faggots.

The average TRansfag is a retarded shthead, why would you expect the fandom figure heads to be anything less than the KIng Shitheads?

I would expect them to be above it if they actually worked for Hasbro, or IDW, or on any of the cartoons, but their biggest claims to fame are Fanwank: The Book (and everything in it is totally canon now!)
>>
File: 1372544556496.gif (2MB, 244x156px) Image search: [Google]
1372544556496.gif
2MB, 244x156px
>>78772311
>>
File: jroQnA.jpg (38KB, 725x217px) Image search: [Google]
jroQnA.jpg
38KB, 725x217px
so that Q&A is still ongoing
>>
>>78772340
Yeah, the wiki is handy and useful. Unfortunately it's only updated at peoples' whims, but that's the way with wikis.
>>
File: 1445629376958.jpg (40KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1445629376958.jpg
40KB, 500x500px
>>78772418
Its that fucking bitch again. He needs to block her.
>>
>>78772418
If that man had any sense (which he doesn't since he's writing MTMTE), he'd delete his Twitter.
>>
>>78772418
>Victorian SJW

Isn't this the same bitch who claims Rung and Nautica are canonically autistic in Roberts face?
>>
>>78772515
He said he was 50/50 on deleting if after the last tantrum >>78772504 threw.
>>
>>78772418
I don't even want to know what those mean.

>>78772504
Oh god, the one who thinks Rung, one of the most stable individuals on the ship is autistic? Damn.
>>
>>78772180

I'm sure Sorensen would stop if Walky just quit being a little bitch about everything.

But everytime Walky throws a hissy fit, it just gives Sorensen more fuel to torment him.
>>
>>78772536
Yes.
And asked if Froid had sex dreams of Rung in front of a full crowd at AA.
And calls Roberts ableist while also saying he's autistic.
>>
>>78772576
Doesn't Walky have newborn twins to worry about?
>>
>>78772504
>>78772515
>>78772553

That fucking bitch is ruining a lot of fun for all his other followers who just wants to read his tweets.
>>
>>78772604
she 'head canons' things about Roberts as a person too
fucking creepy
>>
>>78772604
Well that makes sense. He's denying her headcanon (I still find it hard to believe she used that term) of him being autistic, so obviously he's ableist.
>>
>>78772622
Yes but she's more important than anyone else because shes disabled and that gives her special rights. Just ask her, she'll tell you.
>>
File: 677.png (26KB, 500x407px) Image search: [Google]
677.png
26KB, 500x407px
>>78772604

Well... There's always a black sheep in every fandom. Two in TF from the looks of it.
>>
>>78771897

The Willis/Sorensen Feud goes back further than AVP.

They got in a fight as to whether the wiki should cover Alignment, that non-canon story Furman wrote, and Willis "won" the argument by putting his foot down and saying "I'm the boss."

Sorensen responded by putting a message in the AllSpark Almanac staring that Alignment was canon, thereby forcing the Wiki to cover it whether Willis liked it or not.

AVP is just the extension of all that which has been going on for years. Any time Willis disagrees on something, ANYTHING, Sorensen canonizes because he actually works for Hasbro and has the power to do so. Willis then pouts and the process starts all over.
>>
>>78772718
And that's only the tip of the iceberg, there's so much more from her.
>>
>>78772781
Razorsaw and the "trans" community of the Alspark for instance.
>>
>>78772781
Im kind of curious now. Do we have a list of all the things she's pulled?
>>
>>78772740

That's great.

That's fucking great.

I bet that sperg goes to bed angry about this trivial shit every night.
>>
>>78772817
Yeah she and Razorsaw frequently write up long essays together on all the problematic things in mtmte.
>>
>>78772817
Shit, I thought >>78772781 said THAN her. Too long of a day.
>>
>>78772781
Nooo....No thank you. I rather stick to the other stuff then looking inside the crazy box sitting in the internet corner.
>>
>>78772740
Ah, that would explain why AVP also started bringing in stuff from Alignment, like the Ebon Knights, Direwolf, and Mogahn the Mass (who apparently was possibly going to be merged with D-Void. Although why they'd want to taint alignment with that clusterfuck is beyond me)
>>
>>78772835
It was all over her tumblr if you go through the pages but I don't know that anyone has documented it like with Raksha stuff.
>>
>>78772817
>Razorsaw

Oh god, that legit autist from the Allspark?

The one who got posters banned because they argued that autism should be cured?

He is a fucking cancer.
>>
>>78772913
>Oh god, that legit autist from the Allspark?
Yep.
>>
So are these people like this generation Raksha?
>>
>>78772952
It's looking to be that way.
>>
>>78772913
Who did he get banned?
>>
>>78772952

Except there's more of them and their insanity is encouraged instead of mocked.
>>
>>78772952
>So are these people like this generation Raksha?

Yes but there's a lot more of them and there 100 times worse.

The worst thing Raksha ever did was harass and directly insult Beast Wars VAs at BotCon because "not muh Megatron".
>>
>>78772952
Yeah for the most part, except the internet has made them all the more dangerous cause they can find one another and unite forces of craziness to harass.
Raksha could only do that at small-time Transformer conventions in person and then later on on the internet. But by that point she was moving on.
>>
>>78773033
It's a good thing the internet wasn't a big deal community-wise in the 90s.
>>
>>78773016
Even tumblr mocks them at this point, to which they scream ableist erasure culture or some shit.
>>
File: sis.jpg (29KB, 733x167px) Image search: [Google]
sis.jpg
29KB, 733x167px
How rude can you get. Jro takes the time to answer your questions and follows you and you go and do this shit where he HAS to have seen it.
>>
>>78773066
She's still occasionally involved with things.

Her OC got a new toy recently, with her writing the bio.
>>
>>78773254
She does stuff like that all the time too. She has been incredibly rude and bitchy to him multiple times out in the open. I think its at the point where Roberts is afraid to block her because he knows she'll flip out or kill herself and he'll somehow be blamed.
>>
>>78773254
>>78773330
someone needs to take this cunt down a peg
>>
>>78773383
she needs her internet privileges revoked
>>
>>78773423
she needs to be in a padded room
>>
File: ItsOkay.jpg (84KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
ItsOkay.jpg
84KB, 640x426px
>>78771519
Sometimes its okay to move on man. Being a Master of Fandom will only get a person so far.
>>
>>78772616
He hasn't quite fully transitioned to Cool Nerd Dad and is still trying to keep his toys and fandom cred for as long as he can.
>>
File: 1438083252904.png (57KB, 380x277px) Image search: [Google]
1438083252904.png
57KB, 380x277px
>>78773451
>>
>>78773522

I can't wait until his kids grow up to reject him and become hard line Christian fundamentalist Republicans.
>>
>>78773560
I would love that.
>>
>>78773846

He'll probably kick them out of the house at 18 for being born straight and white.
>>
File: pizzazzface.jpg (20KB, 210x224px) Image search: [Google]
pizzazzface.jpg
20KB, 210x224px
>Read the latest of IDW's Jem
>Art looks like ass but familiar somehow
>Realize the artist is the same shit artist from Windblade

How does Corin Howell keep getting work?
>>
>>78774291
No earthly idea.
>>
>>78772504
>>78772604
>>78772622

I don't think I've ever hated anyone so much in my life, including my clingwrap ex and the bitch who dunked my hair in glue in middle school. I want her OUT.
>>
>>78775898
Maybe if we're lucky she'll just leave someday.
>>
>>78776221
Luck of that level doesn't exist.
>>
>tfw when I've read and seen every Transformers media there is and still have trouble with names
>>
>>78770483
As of 96 it did.

We saw Fucking vector sigmas core.

They directly reffered to scenes right from episode 1 of the sunbow toon
>>
>>78770960
But aesthetic makes no sense in a franchise where bodies. are rerooled across the board.

An allegedly g1 Megatron has a body identical to movie Bludgeon
>>
>>78771863
It's a totally original storyline, just as UT Animated and films were.

g1 is the original toy bios, the comics and cartoon that were both based on them, the beast era that was a sequel to both, and all those three variations, spin offs and splits.

Generation 2,Alignment, Regeneration One, Another Time and Place,Marvel UK and Classics are all Marvel Comics extensions

Wings, Headmasters and Kiss Players are all cartoon extensions

The Beast era is a sequel to both, were elements are conflated into a vauge and ancient past.

Shattered Glass is an evil mirror to the original comics and cartoon

And of course, manga and videogame adaptations of those cartoons are even further extensions .

Things idependent of that tree are there own settings. Like Animated, the films and Prime.

Just using the characters/ personality doesn't make it g1, because then everything would be g1
>>
>>78771863
>>78770873
Scioli himself said it isn't.

Metroplex is a fucking Starfish for christsakes
>>
>>78778871
>city not starfy
Geewunner fucking go
>>
>>78771519
VECTOR PRIME KILLED TFWIKI
>>
>>78778871
>Metroplex is a fucking Starfish

Well that's just freaky.
>>
>>78778913
>VECTOR PRIME KILLED TFWIKI

No, Willis being a big blubbering vagina killed TFWiki.
>>
>>78772740
>>78771897
>>78773451
>>78771967
>>78771970
>>78772282
>>78772740
>>78772846
>>78772029
>>78772115
>>78772180
>>78772311
>>78772349
>>78772576
>>78772616
>>78773522
>>78771930

but sorenson himself was the one who said Alignment was apocryphal.

Willis is just upset because people are gaming AvP in order to win debates and canonize fanfic and theories instead of "actually" supporting the wiki. It's a valid stance, one I don't agree with, but saying it's all just a petty fued is misinformation, especially since Willis isn't even the primary one who spoke out against AvP "abuse."

>>78771799
Short version is GoBots is owned by Hasbro, but they dont own the cartoon or toy designs, so they have had very limited cameos and use over time. As they bled in, the wiki had debated periodically whether to include them, how much and how.

With AVP, even though it was decided only GoBots stuff in Transformers media should count people were able to bypass this by asking AVP and then getting long GoBots summaries that, because they were told via TF fiction, counted as TF. So a newer younger user base, who liked this sort of thing, flooded AVP with such questions, turned the wiki into a motive and a vehicle for any personal canon, fanwank or GoBot to become real. Then Avp got a spinoff, Ask CyKill, where a gobot character gave summaries of a fictional gobots season 2. This meant via loopholes, people were putting original Gobots fanfic that had nothing to do with Transformers, on the Transformers wiki.

It reached the point were the overwhelming majority of the tfwiki editing revolved around AVP.

>>78772227
Ad a Fucking ROBOTIX story is coming up next.
>>
>>78771519
>Yeah, the website's going to go away, because why am I spending fucking money on this?

Is Willis actually spending money n the wiki, though?

That site gets a FUCKLOAD of clicks every day; I'm sure the ad revenue pays for the server costs and then some. If anything, the wiki is a source of revenue for Willis.

Which is why this is just a faggoty bluff on Willis' part. He won't unplug the wiki; he needs the money and he doesn't have the balls, anyway.

He will forever be Sorensen's bitch and he knows it.
>>
>>78772622
Jesus Christ what did she do?
>>
>>78781063
read the thread, its all there
>>
>>78772913
Hey. The idea that who you are as a person needs to be purged is upsetting for anyone, especially an autistic. I am self aware to know there are cases were there are those who would be better off without it, but that should be an individual choice. I love the way I think, and how I process information, it's a joy, sure I have my troubles but so do many, I wouldn't want my autism cured anymore than my blackness, it's just a part of who I am and has let me bring happines to myself and others.
>>
File: tumblr_nxaou6tMhF1qmwwklo1_500.jpg (211KB, 494x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxaou6tMhF1qmwwklo1_500.jpg
211KB, 494x750px
>>78779055
That's not the least of it
>>
>>78781153
I was more looking for primary sources.

She said Jro was autistic and got mad when he said he wasn't?
>>
>>78781198
You are the Carlton of Autists.

Aspergers is like the lightskinned autism, you get to impress people with how smart you are and come off as a manic pixie dream while looking down at the people throwing shit fits on the internet.

House Sperg.
>>
>>78781198
>>78781367

If we'd had a cure for autism, those kids at Sandy Hook would still be alive.
>>
>>78781313
It all comes from her personal tumblr and twitter, I don't have screen caps but its all still up, she never deletes anything.
>>
>>78781063
She claims characters such as Nautica and Rung are officially autistic, even to the creator himself and bitches when Roberts doesn't make it an official thing.
>>
File: 6134757048_6ca67e60e3_z.jpg (120KB, 640x496px) Image search: [Google]
6134757048_6ca67e60e3_z.jpg
120KB, 640x496px
>>78781415
>>
File: sdfsfff.jpg (206KB, 616x644px) Image search: [Google]
sdfsfff.jpg
206KB, 616x644px
Holyshit. What the hell is with her obsession with autism.
>>
File: 1440481197120.gif (127KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1440481197120.gif
127KB, 500x333px
I just want to see references of medieval literature in transformers.
>>
>>78782396
Easy to go to buzzword.
>>
>>78782396
Because I think she is autistic?
>>
>>78782396
Are there more tweets like this where this one came from? Because yeesh
>>
File: Bp0T0lCCcAEIOqT_1402529757.jpg (123KB, 600x927px) Image search: [Google]
Bp0T0lCCcAEIOqT_1402529757.jpg
123KB, 600x927px
>>78782420
I want to see more medieval transformers.
>>
>>78782396
I'm actually a bit creeped out, makes me feel like a fetish object
>>
>>78782396
Christ. It's like this one Chinese girl at college who was obsessed with me after I made the mistake of saying I had a significant (i.e. not like 1/144th) amount of Native blood.
>DO YOU LIVE ON THE REZZZZZ?
>DO YOU HAVE POWWOWS?
I had to work with her on a project and she immediately wanted to make it about Native identity. I countered by making all my interview clips about being disconnected with my Native identity.

It's people like this who obsess over things that make others different who are the really goddamn weird ones and the best way to deal with it is to spit it back in their faces.
>>
>>78782736
>the best way to deal with it is to spit it back in their faces.
the few times anyone has called her out on her shit and pointed out that she was doing the same shit she accused others of she blew up
it was great
>>
>>78782396
Like she even knows shit about psychology.

>>78782529
Like fuck she is.

>>78782597
Me too man.
>>
>>78782555
many many more, someone link her twitter
>>
>>78782816
>Like she even knows shit about psychology.
She swears she does, ask her; she'll then tell you you're an ableist biggot for questioning her.
>>
>>78782865
https://twitter.com/Sis_Shrieks
From what I've learned so far out of pure boredom.

>If you draw a character of a straight gender, she deflects it and labels it as a trans.
>Being straight is considered an insult.
>She will not. stop. talking about anything autistic.

I reeeeallly hope she doesn't reach Rashka level of community involvement. It actually kinda makes me sick to my stomach how someone can be this arrogant.
>>
>>78782934
>She swears she does, ask her; she'll then tell you you're an ableist biggot for questioning her.
>Trying to start a conversation with a person like this
Talking to a brick wall would be more productive
>>
>>78783117
Does this person have a tumblr by any chance? This sounds tumblr as hell.
>I reeeeallly hope she doesn't reach Rashka level of community involvement.
>Followed by James Roberts. Hoo boy
>>
>>78783180

Well of course. These days everyone's got a tumblr account. Doesn't mean a group of batshit crazies represents the entire site. Just like how /b/ crazy wannabe mass murderers represents the other boards.
>>
>>78783117
She has a small following of idiots too amazingly enough

>>78783121
Well someone needs to tell her off
>>
>>78783180
Oh yeah. Think it's shriekingsisterhood.
And the sad part is, from looking back, I don't think she used to be like this. She used to make cute drawings and contribute to joke blogs. Maybe she was still autism-obsessed back then, but I dunno.
>>
>>78783180
>http://theshriekingsisterhood.tumblr.com/
dont rot your brain by reading too much
>>
>>78783318
She reminds me of MF Derse, who used to run calloutstuck or a blog like that. Eventually I think MF Derse faded into obscurity long before Homestuck did, so I think there's still hope.
>>
>>78782736
I know how you feel
I have cherokee on both sides of my family, enough that I should get government assistance.
But my great grandmother was adopted, and hated/feared being associated with cherokee, so she destroyed as much evidence as she could. Makes it impossible to prove, and none of my living relatives have any connection to the tribe. So I can't actually connect with any of them.
>>
>>78783121
>Talking to a brick wall would be more productive
they're great listeners.
>>
>>78783755
Is this an indian thing? I know my great grandfather on my dad side is from the crow nation but nobody wants to talk about it.
>>
>>78783755

Can't you just pay someone to trace your lineage or blood tests or some shit?
>>
File: tfg.png (420KB, 599x443px) Image search: [Google]
tfg.png
420KB, 599x443px
What a nice general this is.
>>
>>78788440
It's not our fault that James Roberts wants to make friends with autists and trannies.
>>
>>78770960
Something based on G1 doesn't make it G1, because...it isn't G1, it could be called a G1 reboot in the sense that it's somebodies new vision of G1 rather than a total new concept for who Transformers are, but it still isn't G1.

You can make a comic inspired by the golden age, that doesn't make it a golden age comic
>>
File: Scourge seriously.jpg (47KB, 720x546px) Image search: [Google]
Scourge seriously.jpg
47KB, 720x546px
Can someone ask Jro on twitter about any plans to elaborate on Cyclonus' relationship with Scourge/if there's any plans for him to appear, and if he's really dead? Someone else confirmed that he died off-panel among the Sweeps before, but that's pretty lame and also easily reversible.

>mfw I'm dead
>>
>>78783117
She's worse than that 14 year old from TFW who thought she knew everything about feminism.
>>
>>78778871
Ah, do you have a source on Scioli saying it?

I just checked through all the commentary, but couldn't find anything.
>>
>>78788440
Yeah. It is. With no new comic out, it's giving those lurkers or ones from the forums a chance to vent.
>>
I want Drift back on the Lost Light
>>
>>78789850
That's unfortunate because JRo says he's not even sure if he will get Ratchet back from Shane.
>>
>>78783117
>I reeeeallly hope she doesn't reach Rashka level of community involvement. It actually kinda makes me sick to my stomach how someone can be this arrogant.

IDW will probably hire her to write the next reboot in a few years.
>>
>>78789960
Scott will probably be given the reigns.
>>
>>78789534
thcb spoke with him on Twitter, twas based
>>
File: 1440833259475.png (40KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1440833259475.png
40KB, 256x256px
>>78788440
Well it's more on topic than the other generals, mostly because this one is an irregular general.
>>
>>78791395
Have you got a link? I'm looking through his twitter and not finding it.
>>
I am surprised that there is such little overlap between the various arms of the fandom, it was odd to explian this stuff, but I suppose it's like New York and Wyoming.
>>
>>78789919
Shane's not writing anything at IDW right now, anon. Empire of Stone finished.
>>
>>78789960
>IDW will probably hire her to write the next reboot in a few years.
Scarily enough we live in a world where this is a possibility.
>>
>>78792900
How was Drift 2 anyway? Well, compared to Windblade 2?
>>
>>78793035
Both were bad - Drift has edgy and WB just stupid. EoS had better art tho.
>>
>>78793372
their alt-modes looked like play-skool toys
as a whole EoS was average-
I feel like they could have put all of the plot into one single issue,

Windblade is- um- I don't know-
I want to say I like it but I don't, average at best;
sucks that it's a comic which I'd like better if anyone but Windblade would be the main-character
she has such a boring and flat personality
>>
So how do you Ask Vector Prime stuff? I have real actual questions to ask
>>
>>78794407
>So how do you Ask Vector Prime stuff? I have real actual questions to ask

Facebook.

Just ask a question in the latest post.

He doesn't always answer or sometimes just gives a snarky non-answer. THe legit complaint about AVP is that Sorensen only answers questions submitted by Allspark Forum members who are in his circle and they're always pre-written and agreed upon questions that facilitate Sorensen's fanfiction becoming canon.

A lot of people are getting a little fed up with it. But then again, 90% of the questions from random users are Ultra Autism.

>"There was a green robot in the background of this episode for one frame. WHAT IS THEIR NAME AND HISTORY!?"

That sort of shit.
>>
>>78794561
I just want a canon answer to how Beast Wars Beast modes work. Are they meat or are they synthetic?
>>
>>78794654
There's no way meat would work so it's synthetic.
>>
>>78794654
It's synthetic of course.
>>
>>78794654
According to Beast Machines, living flesh. This is what protects them from energon radiation.

When transmetalised, they're effectively turned inside out, with the beast mode being metallic, and their robot mode having organic traits.
>>
File: idw g1 guide.png (179KB, 1289x968px) Image search: [Google]
idw g1 guide.png
179KB, 1289x968px
>>78754046
>Aug 5, 2015.
>>
>>78764511
Innate stochastic software. He can basically plan on the fly at an extreme rate. I think he maaaay be able to produce weaponry from his body but that may just be a toy bio thing.
>>
>>78789452
All the Scourges/sweeps died during the Chaos run. I think the one Cyclonus disabled/buried was the real Scrouge but I think he's DEAD dead.
>>
>>78789960
So the same chances of Walky getting a job with Hasbro
>>
File: hotlips.jpg (173KB, 536x637px) Image search: [Google]
hotlips.jpg
173KB, 536x637px
>>78793372
>EoS had better art tho.
HAH! If Guido Guidi allowed himself to do the inking it would of been better. Unfortunately that didn't happen.
>>
File: 713px-MTMTE40_Ten's_mural.jpg (133KB, 713x600px) Image search: [Google]
713px-MTMTE40_Ten's_mural.jpg
133KB, 713x600px
Ok I have to ask cause I really don't understand the hate for MTMTE. I grew up on G1, it was my whole world when I was 5-7 and then I just kind of got out of it. Beast Wars comes along and it's the transforming robots I know and love but there's actual plot, story, conflict, emotion. It's fantastic. I fell out again through the years stopping by for TFA which again I felt had really goo writing, had a story that kept you interested for 3 seasons. Sacrifices felt like they had weight not just to get the old toys out of the way for new. Humor, honestly funny humor and it had a kind of heart. The Autobots where a family and it felt like they where written as a family. So I fall out again because of the bullshit movies and stop by to pick up some comics at my local shop and IDW has started doing their own comics. I liked their take on Ghostbusters. I happen by chance to start with MTMTE, I didn't really know there was anything before it (I've since gone back and ready everything leading up to that point. . . I don't feel the need to read it again)
I loved MTMTE, story, good plot, fun characters, great action and enjoy able fun read. I'm glad that RID is there for people more into the drama and subplot and all that but for me MTMTE has been one of the best things to come out of TF in ages
But I see all three of these (BW, TFA and MTMTE) as being very much alike, why are teh first two so highly regarded and the last one tossed out?
Is it too funny? Is it the "gay" robots?
I just don't get the hate. How many other TF fictions can anyone name where Megatron has had actual character development, where he hasn't just been a big Deus Ex of the plot?
Long story short, I'm a hard line Geewuner, pretty picky about my Giant Robot Fiction, but I love MTMTE. Can someone explain why I'm wrong?
>>
>>78799628
>Is it the "gay" robots?
Yes. That's a big part of it. Alot of the older fans are homophobic shut ins who don't want "gay" robots in their stories.
The second complaint is usually that it's fanfiction- but ALL authors start out as fanfics writers- ALL of the them. So that is equally ridiculous.
The third most common complaint is that people don't like the campy/goofy tone, which is a matter of opinion and really the only one I find to be a legitimate reason why you might not like it.
>>
>>78799628
MTMTE has many fans ranging from teenage fangirls on tumblr to 40-something manchildren that grew up on Marvel UK fanfics.
>>
>>78792254
>>78792254
I'll storify it
>>
>>78799628
>>78799998
Almost forgot, along with the fanfiction complaint usually goes the "wahh its pandering to some group I hate", in this case tumblr, but every comic panders to the audience that makes their media sell well. Mtmte is consistently at the top of the comixology charts and trades are doing incredibly well according to Roberts so they're doing what they need to from a business standpoint.
>>
>>78799998
I can agree with the campy/goofy but I feel there are some actual very dramatic moments in the book. I almost liken it to that old show Herc and Xena, on episode half the cast dies and everything is super super sad and the next it's a musical. Whats that term. . .salt in the cookies. In this case though I see it as the other way around. The fact that it's such a fun book means the dramatic moments have real weight.

"Gay robots"
Honestly I figured this out ages ago, if your entire population consists or 99.98% "male" then the term gay kind of loses all meaning. Add to that the idea that Transformers do not reproduce sexually and I was able to toss "gay robot sex" out the window. They end up just like any other TV couple. I don't know maybe I just need a laugh in my old age and MTMTE give it to me.
>>
>>78800075
one would make the assumption thought that if MTMTE with it's goofy humor and weird plot was "pandering to a group I hate" then you could just read RiD which is the much more serious book of the two as I'm to understand.
It's like if you hate pie but like cake and I give you cake and pie, why would you waste any time screaming that you hate pie when there's cake to eat?
>>
>>78800169
>I can agree with the campy/goofy but I feel there are some actual very dramatic moments in the book.
I agree, I love that about it. I was only listing that since it seems to be one of the more common complaints.

>Honestly I figured this out ages ago, if your entire population consists or 99.98% "male" then the term gay kind of loses all meaning. Add to that the idea that Transformers do not reproduce sexually and I was able to toss "gay robot sex" out the window. They end up just like any other TV couple. I don't know maybe I just need a laugh in my old age and MTMTE give it to me.
You'd think these people who scream about gay robots would figure this out. Their response is that "well they shouldn't feel love in the first place!" which is equally retarded since we know they experience the other normal emotions. Then they start about how in their day they had comics without romance/relationships so it's like? Ok? Go read those again if this triggers you so badly. They're just mad that a thing exists that is different from what they're used to and they can't ignore it.
>>
>>78800252
>It's like if you hate pie but like cake and I give you cake and pie, why would you waste any time screaming that you hate pie when there's cake to eat?
Thats a good question. I don't know why they don't just go eat their cake. Hell, they have GI Joe too? That's like two desserts right there they could go be happy about. But no. Gotta bitch about the others eating brownies or something.
>>
>>78800458
what if I don't like sweets, at all?
>>
File: Liokaiser speculation.jpg (132KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Liokaiser speculation.jpg
132KB, 720x960px
The only thing harder than waiting is my erection.
>>
>>78800523
comics=sweets
so would the cartoons=salty snacks?
the movies?
This got too deep and now I have a headache.
>>
>>78800559
Yes, plz
>>
>>78799628
The more popular something is, the more angsty haters there will be.
>>
I want cake and brownies now you bastards.
>>
File: 1426793107778.png (2KB, 213x165px) Image search: [Google]
1426793107778.png
2KB, 213x165px
>non-TFG
>Actual MTMTE discussion not filled with anti-Roberts shit flinging trolls

Where am I?
>>
File: Liokaiser CW.jpg (68KB, 667x547px) Image search: [Google]
Liokaiser CW.jpg
68KB, 667x547px
>>78800559
>>
File: whirl claw clamping.gif (380KB, 424x487px) Image search: [Google]
whirl claw clamping.gif
380KB, 424x487px
>>78800666
>The more popular something is, the more angsty haters there will be

Well check out those triples, matey
>>
>>78800803
is this shattered glass TFG?
>>
>>78801743
No just tfg the trolls haven't bothered with yet. Give them time.

That or the thread will auto says by then.
>>
>>78801887
There seems to be a lot missing in general in this thread. I wish Transformers was more popular. I hung out in the Steven Universe generals during the endless lack of Transformers threads and it was really fun.
>>
>>78802108
>I hung out in the Steven Universe generals during the endless lack of Transformers threads and it was really fun.
That's good to hear, I never gave them a try because I thought they might be batshit crazy like the GFG threads.
>>
>>78802785
Not that anon but they are. Last few times I visited and wanted to get into gem lore, it was waifu shitposting and talks about which gem is fuckable.

Every. Single. Time.

The only time those threads are good is when the show is being streamed for hyped. After that, all shit.
>>
File: 1425491703557.jpg (94KB, 280x308px) Image search: [Google]
1425491703557.jpg
94KB, 280x308px
>>78802887
Whelp.
>>
>>78802887
A much happier community than modern /tfg/. Was like when Prime was still airing.
>>
>>78802887
gems?
hm- have we ever gotten into how similar Transformers and the gems are?

non-biological aliens ,refugees from their homeworld,
divided into those who respect all life, with a reasonable authority figure
who dies (usually)
and alien-racists who hate all organic life and only seek to expand their territory

oh yeah, also gay robots and gay rocks
>>
>>78805007
I did always found it interesting how similar yet vastly different these two races are.
>>
>>78805007
The diamonds are very much like the Functionalist.
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 56

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.