[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ava's Demon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 28

File: photo-original.png (2MB, 1536x1152px) Image search: [Google]
photo-original.png
2MB, 1536x1152px
Update when
>>
>>78751915
tomorrow
however
always tomorrow never today
>>
last major update was over 2/3rds or the current content you get to view
>>
this comics sucks
>>
>>78751915
Soonish. All the physical rewards except for some cards and stuff are almost finished and being sent out to backers soon. After all that she'll probably start updating the comic again.
>>
Books out soon
>>
post literal semen demon lewds
>>
>>78752799
This one?
>>
>>78752877
>Fusion!Ava gains Wrathia's superpowers and appearance
>all except tits

being Ava is suffering
>>
WHERE'S MY PENDANTS?
>>
>>78752358
>All the physical rewards except for some cards and stuff are almost finished and being sent out to backers soon. After all that she'll probably start updating the comic again.
>Almost
>Soon
So in another year?
>>
>>78756233
You gave a webcomic artist your money, you deserve to never receive the thing you paid for.
>>
File: vegeta.gif (193KB, 525x410px) Image search: [Google]
vegeta.gif
193KB, 525x410px
>>78757993
>give a webcomic artist
>so they can stop making a webcomic

Like going to a restaurant and paying the cooks to go and wash your car instead.
>>
>>78758029
But anon, at least you get your car cleaned.
>>
>>78755286
For some reason I though Wrava might have had chest bumps in one or two panels, but apparently I was wholly mistaken.

Someone needs to draw a visual gag about an (Wr)Ava titfuck being some guy just getting his junk slammed in her chest-drawer.
>>
>>78758029
Actually, it's closer to going to a restaurant and paying all the cooks to make you a personal meal, so the restaurant has to close for everyone else.
>>
>>78758093
Unfortunately it took the cook half a year longer than promised to clean your car.
>>
File: keepcalmtitan.png (9KB, 300x500px) Image search: [Google]
keepcalmtitan.png
9KB, 300x500px
>>78751915
Eh, it'll be back before long. I binge read stuff anyways so I barely notice long hiatuses.
>>
Apparently I picked a good time to finally read through the backlog. Only just got up to speed in the past week.
>>
>>78759706
I chortled
>>
>>78752358
>Soonish. All the physical rewards except for some cards and stuff are almost finished and being sent out to backers soon.
Where are you getting this information, I can't find it anywhere online. Do you know the creator?
>>
>>78763332
I donated to the second kickstarter. I've been getting backer updates.
>>
Incentives of physical property for continued success of free, digital media was a mistake.

It's nothing but trash.

But seriously though, something's gotta give. People are going to have to realize that it's better to just give the author the money they need and expect nothing from it but the fact the financial security will keep creation on the rails they were on. Putting books together is a fucking nightmare. I've seldom heard of it going really well for the creator.
>>
>>78763426
>I've seldom heard of it going really well for the creator.
Works out well for Unsounded by Ashley Cope. Her books weren't as elaborate as the ones for AD, but still.
>>
>>78763371
I see. Did she really say updates would start up soon, or is that more of a speculation derived from other information?
>>
>>78763484
>Ashley Cope
Yep.

That's the one case I know of, too.
>>
>>78763426
>Putting books together is a fucking nightmare. I've seldom heard of it going really well for the creator.
I know of tons of webcomic books that have been put together and sold successfully by their creators, kickstarter after kickstarter. Basically it takes a responsible and hard working type of person to pull it off, and if they do it well once you know they have what it takes to keep up with it for the next book.

Michelle does not fall into this category of people, this is her second Kickstarter that she's left hanging like this.
>>
>>78763497
>speculation derived from other information
That. On January first she put out an update about damaged cards she received and how she's looking for a different printer to make them since she didn't want to send out damaged crap. She also mentioned that they were beginning on getting the speed pact orders out, which is the first phase of shipping physical goods. Assuming (keyword here) they get stuff shipping out regularly, I could see everything being finished and shipped by the end of February. She then has the animation she needs to assist with, but I would venture a guess that updates to the comic will start again around spring.
>>
>>78763610
>Basically it takes a responsible and hard working type of person to pull it off, and if they do it well once you know they have what it takes to keep up with it for the next book.
It also takes a huge ass chunk of time that could've been spent just creating the work.

Ashley Cope had a background in PRINTWORK so that made it a lot easier on her.

What if a creator wants to live, but doesn't want to put out a book? What the fuck do they do? It's a huge risk to force on creators across the board.
>>
File: titan.jpg (29KB, 500x354px) Image search: [Google]
titan.jpg
29KB, 500x354px
>>
>>78763584
You don't seem to read a lot of webcomcs then. Kickstarted webcomic books that I have and were delivered without problems:

-Unsounded vol 1 and 2 by Ashley Cope
-a Redtail's dream and SSSS book 1 by Minna Sundberg
-Namesake vol1 and 2 by Isabelle M. and Megan L.
-Digger by Ursula Vernon
-A couple of Girl Genius books by the Phoglios
-Broodhollow volume 1 by Kris Straub
-ReMind volumes 1 and 2 by some guy whose name I can't remember

Webcomic books that I know Kickstarted and were delivered but that I didn't care to get:
-a bunch of books by David Willis
-The first SMBC collection
-Cucumber quests books 1 and 2

And I bet there's many more that I don't know of or can't remember.
>>
>>78763732
>It's a huge risk to force on creators across the board.

No one is forcing webcomic artists to make books. They often are listening to their fans asking for books and if they take the initiative to make books that's on them.

>What if a creator wants to live, but doesn't want to put out a book?

That's what shit like patreon is for these days. Or you could always try the traditional methods of running ads on your site, asking for donations, or working a 9-5 job and doing art on the side.

Making books and physical goods is far from the only way to make money as a webcomic artist.
>>
>>78763732
>What if a creator wants to live, but doesn't want to put out a book? What the fuck do they do? It's a huge risk to force on creators across the board.
Yeah, all those evil people forcing Michelle to make a book, shame on them.
>>
>>78763807
A couple of books I could add to that list:

The Namesake gals successfully managed and Kickstarted a comic anthology named Valor on top of handling their own comic without a hitch

Johnny Wander

TJ and Amal omnibus

In fact most webcomic Kickstarters I see are handled pretty decently by the artists, you just don't hear about the ones that don't fuck up.
>>
>>78763807
A lot of times the creators end up promising more incentives than are financially viable. And by the end of the kickstarter, they've paid out of pocket. It's rarely talked about, because it's embarrassing.

This is more business knowledge burden than you should put on people who need to be putting their all into honing stories. They've been backed into a corner. A self-fulfilled outright lie of "You need to print a book, to make a living." Print media is overrated. I have a nedroid book I never open. It's not the best way of consuming it, or sharing it.

I'm telling you, it's not just a matter of work ethic. I'm a webcomic artist and I swear to god I still don't know the fucking difference between RGB and CMYK. I really don't have time for all the details.

Am I saying "YOU MADE HER DO THIS"? No. What kind of asshole accuses me of saying that? Oh, this asshole I guess: >>78763866

But, as awhole, be happy with no book existing at all. The greatest prize, is a consistent update schedule. THAT has been taken monumentally for granted.
>>
>>78763813
>or working a 9-5 job and doing art on the side.
No one's hiring.
>>
>>78764204
>A lot of times the creators end up promising more incentives than are financially viable. And by the end of the kickstarter, they've paid out of pocket. It's rarely talked about, because it's embarrassing.
So which ones of the creators on the list you're replying to had to pay for the books out of pocket?
It's like you have this set notion that it's impossible to make a book and sell it with a profit through Kickstarter so anybody who is disappointed with what's going on with Ava's Demon is an artist-hating monster, but several people on the list were actually able to keep on making comics because of the profits from their Kickstarters AND didn't put their comics on gigantic hiatuses.
>>
>>78764570
I'm tired of talking to you specifically.
>>
>>78764570
I think you missed this little tidbit in his post
>I'm telling you, it's not just a matter of work ethic. I'm a webcomic artist and

Basically the webcomic artists you listed just got lucky with how their Kickstarters turned out, it had nothing to do with their work ethics of project management skills.
>>
>>78763813
>or working a 9-5 job and doing art on the side

so...not being a professional artist, then?
>>
Will she ever post here?
>>
>>78764654
>so...not being a professional artist
>Being a professional artist
>Making a living

It's very difficult to do both of those things anon. Most people aren't talented or fortunate enough to do both.
>>
File: radical.png (683KB, 481x1451px) Image search: [Google]
radical.png
683KB, 481x1451px
>>78764712
She doesn't post here, but someone she knows does.
>>
>>78764204
So your philosophy is to make excuses for those who don't do their jobs properly or are lazy and to invalidate the work done by those who do put in the effort and succeed at something? Sorry your webcomic isn't doing as great as some others, but it might have something to do with your attitude.
>>
>>78764715
Everyone in this thread already knows every part of what you just said.

But you didn't know that. You thought you were helping us learn something new just now.

Goodness gracious.

How embarrassing.

We know these obvious things. Shadddaaaaaap. Just be a supportive force of some kind.
>>
>>78764204
>But, as awhole, be happy with no book existing at all. The greatest prize, is a consistent update schedule.
You're just trolling now, aren't you?
>>
Is this thread going to go up every other day now?
>>
>>78764782
Go back to whatever site you're originally from.
>>
>>78764754
It isn't a storyteller's job to know the cost of the paper it's printed on, and the shipping cost of that paper.

Don't try to make this more about me than I made it.
>>
>>78764817
Like.. Amazon?
>>
>>78764881
Sure, whatever, just stop posting here.
>>
>>78764797
No.

I'm really not.

Have a point of your own to respond to mine with please.
>>
>>78764911
To be perfectly honest with you, I don't want to do that.
>>
>>78764826
Then don't make a Kickstarter, you weirdo.
>>
>>78765029
Then please begin considering committing suicide.
>>
>>78764826
>Don't try to make this more about me than I made it.
No, this thread is about you now. Please post your webcomic, you talked shit about the Nedroid book, I want to see what caliber of stuff you're putting out.
>>
>>78765065
That's certainly a start.

Next step is getting people to believe in paying me for the service I was doing pro bono, due to the slow shambling undeath of the physical comic book industry (in the americas, not in france or japan) that didn't change my inner flame to create stories to weave worlds.

That one's a toughie.
>>
File: Do Not Fist Android Girls.png (53KB, 799x616px) Image search: [Google]
Do Not Fist Android Girls.png
53KB, 799x616px
>>78761306
>>
>Now there are two threads begging webcomics to update.
>>
>>78765081
I really don't think I should. And I find it inappropriate to suggest.
>>
File: 1448030577799.jpg (39KB, 705x590px) Image search: [Google]
1448030577799.jpg
39KB, 705x590px
>hear that it will continue in January 2016
>initial despair
>remember that I've lost control of my life and the flow of time becomes ever more rapid
>it's already january

feels good. somebody end it
>>
>>78765282
Make prospects for yourself.

And get some exercise.
>>
>>78765140
>Next step is getting people to believe in paying me for the service I was doing pro bono
Your patreon isn't taking off, huh?

>my inner flame to create stories to weave worlds.
If you're the writer of your webcomic then that's your problem right there. I know a lot of terribly written webcomics make decent bucks on Patreon but you're still fighting an uphill battle.
>>
>>78765328
I don't see why you're trying to turn this evil. Can't we just talk?

If you want serious non-snarky answers: I have not created a Patreon yet. Most people would say "There's no reason not to start one immediately" and I disagree.

From what I've seen, (and I'm going to mix metaphors here) an empty jar is more likely to stay empty for awhile. The sight of rolling tumbleweeds is kinda unnerving. It's better to build some water pressure before swinging the valve open. So I bide my time, waiting on the right moment. It's not here yet.

To make my comic the best it can possibly be, does need money. But to continue making it as it is, requires no money at all--Except living expenses. Which are paltry, and not being paid by myself (thanks mom.) 1.1k a month. That's all I would need to create my comic indefinitely. But if I were to hire assistants, or create a more immersive experience (musical, animated; webcomics are capable of anything and I've had a lot of ideas to throw people for a loop), the milestone would be triple or quadruple that. But I don't actually know the numbers. And I think it would be shitty to change them halfway in. It seems unfair to the patrons.

I love the idea of patreon. And I do believe in Iwata's blue ocean strategy. But I think it unwise to just start one until you've gotten some hype.
>>
>>78765623
Well, that's the most sensible post you've typed in this thread so far. Good luck with your comic.

Just don't rag on other webcomic creators who have thrown themselves into the challenge of Kickstarting books and who them finished the job in a respectable manner, it makes you seem petty an jealous as a fellow creator.
>>
File: abuh.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
abuh.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>78765762
>Just don't rag on other webcomic creators who have thrown themselves into the challenge of Kickstarting books and who them finished the job in a respectable manner, it makes you seem petty an jealous as a fellow creator.
I haven't.

I just think it's a TERRIBLE idea for people who aren't deadsure about the process!

Which is.. a lot of them!
>>
I saw that the books got damaged. Is she still sending them off?
>>
>>78752877
I just rushed the whole thing because this poicture, I hope you are happy annon
it was entertaining
>>
Harumph
>>
Bump.

It was just getting interesting dammit.

Do all threads have to do because they're not shitty enough?
>>
>>78773587
Or, y'know, because there still isn't an update and there's no new information aside from the cards being fucked up and needing to be reordered. If/when it updates again, feel free to make a thread. This one is just a lot of speculation with very little to discuss.
>>
>>78774818
You've got red on you.
>>
>>78767709
I don't think the books got damaged, I think it was some of the extra reward cards. But I don't have access to the backer updates so i only know what some anons vaguely posted in these threads.
>>
>>78767709
The books haven't arrived at her place yet, it's a shipments of foliated cards that were screwed.
>>
>>78775528
What happened to em?
>>
File: Torn Card.jpg (91KB, 639x479px) Image search: [Google]
Torn Card.jpg
91KB, 639x479px
>>78776847
They arrived a month and a half late. A lot of them were bent, cut had scraped foil or had water damage. She's getting them reprinted with a better company.
>>
>>78777659
God dammit Michelle.

Can't you do anything right
>>
>>78777659
I seriously hope she gets a full refund for that. The box looked like it been dragged half the way there.

>>78777871
How is it her fault?
>>
>>78777922
It's all Michelle's fault.

Forever.
>>
File: 0260.png (271KB, 599x457px) Image search: [Google]
0260.png
271KB, 599x457px
>>78777965
>>
File: 1949.png (515KB, 812x458px) Image search: [Google]
1949.png
515KB, 812x458px
>>78777965
>>
I'm going to buy book two to go along with my copy of book one but I have one small complaint of volume one. My copy had a slight scratch on the spine were I can see the white underneath the spine covering. And it happened just from my running my nail over it.
>>
>>78752877

If I take the time to read this comic, how much of this shit will I see? How much of it is horny demon girls bouncing around in lingerie that is falling off of them?
>>
>>78779440
None, she does all her lewd stuff outside the comic. You get to see the demon lady a good bit but not as sexy as that.
>>
File: its ok michelle im patient.png (975KB, 512x1992px) Image search: [Google]
its ok michelle im patient.png
975KB, 512x1992px
>>78776847
Here's the full backer update for the interested.

>>78763666
I feel like this is the most reasonable estimate for when she'll really start up again.
>>
File: 1329.png (487KB, 812x458px) Image search: [Google]
1329.png
487KB, 812x458px
>>78780394
Seems pretty alright to me
>>
File: 1416277713178.png (415KB, 600x458px) Image search: [Google]
1416277713178.png
415KB, 600x458px
>>78780739
Things never seem to go right for her, do they?
>>
>>78783321
I don't like her honeycomb skin.
>>
>>78787791
She's a type of lizard alien with molten blood.
>>
>>78787955
Potato potahto.
>>
>>78777659
>>78780739
Jesus christ how can a company deliver this with a straight face? Even if she probably still made the mistake to trust a "literally who" cheap offer, this is beyong bullshit. Like, thee thing youd expect to see in a spongebob gag.
>>
>>78788947
>Jesus christ how can a company deliver this with a straight face?
They probably don't.

They probably have a panicked face. Really sad that they let it happen, but unable to reverse the flow of time to make it right.
>>
>>78765117
>you talked shit about the Nedroid book
You wot.

I used that as an example of the uselessness of all books.

I love Nedroid, you cheeky cunt.
>>
>>78779258
>but I have one small complaint of volume one. My copy had a slight scratch on the spine were I can see the white underneath the spine covering. And it happened just from my running my nail over it.
So you yourself scratched up your book and now you want to make an official complaint about it? Kinda entitled, man.
>>
>>78790799
>I used that as an example of the uselessness of all books.
What did books ever do to you?
>>
>>78785851
She is unlucky as hell
>>78787791
Racist
>>
>>78780739
>In the mean time, we're going to start sending out the speed pact orders

I'm one of the fools who paid for a speed pact package because the estimated delivery was set as May last year. Slightly disappoint with my purchase. But lesson learned, first and last Kickstarter that I join.
>>
>>78788947
You seriously believe the printing company drenched the cards in water before sending them? Water damage, scratches and bending of items typically happens when the packages are mistreated in transit, which judging from the pictures they were.
>>
>>78763732
>What if a creator wants to live, but doesn't want to put out a book? What the fuck do they do?
Obtain employment like all the other special snowflakes out there, or get a Patreon. Otherwise let her fucking eat her talent, it must be nourishing right
>>
>>78764204
>I'm a webcomic artist and I swear to god I still don't know the fucking difference between RGB and CMYK.

It's not my job to educate you, shitlord
>>
>>78765029
>I don't want to do that.
No one cares what you want
Not here, everywhere
>>
>>78790304
>They probably have a panicked face. Really sad that they let it happen, but unable to reverse the flow of time to make it right.
Or, she had the shit printed in China where no one gives a single fuck if a product they make explodes into flaming HIV infected bees
>>
>>78791830
Which is why those things are supposed to be shrinkwrapped inside but again, you trusted online printers instead of leaving your fucking house and talking to someone you'd have to pay more in return for accountability
>>
File: Chinese_Business_Practices_2.png (4MB, 1718x1145px) Image search: [Google]
Chinese_Business_Practices_2.png
4MB, 1718x1145px
>>78795420
>no one gives a single fuck if a product they make explodes into flaming HIV infected bees

Yeah.... China is the largest and darkest tyranny that has ever existed, and it exists right now, and we do nothing about it.

What could go wrong?
>>
>>78795447
I know a lot of you like to dream, but the creator of Ava's Demon doesn't actually read these threads. You might have better luck getting your message to her through twitter.
>>
>>78795649
>China is the largest and darkest tyranny that has ever existed, and it exists right now, and we do nothing about it.
Go back to Tumblr, that's the place where you're supposed to complain about how "we" "do nothing" about things you don't personally like.

If it bothers you so much go ahead and do something.
>>
>>78796819
>>>78795649 (You)
>>China is the largest and darkest tyranny that has ever existed, and it exists right now, and we do nothing about it.
>Go back to Tumblr, that's the place where you're supposed to complain about how "we" "do nothing" about things you don't personally like.
>If it bothers you so much go ahead and do something.

Oh, I certainly am already.
>>
>>78796749
I doubt she'd change anything even if she did read these threads. Also, didn't she have a meltdown and leave social media after people were mean to her?
>>
>>78797848
>didn't she have a meltdown and leave social media after people were mean to her?
She got fed up and left tumblr because they're a bunch of cunts, if that's what you're thinking about.
>>
>>78787955
Sounds really friggen painful
>>
>>78794977
>shit lord
Nigga come on use a actual insult
>>
File: 1430957430633.png (3MB, 2420x776px) Image search: [Google]
1430957430633.png
3MB, 2420x776px
Come here every Ava thread to post this, in case someone wants to wallpaper it. Waiting on four more so I can make a proper mural thing
>>
>>78802661
More like hot.
>>
>>78797848
>Also, didn't she have a meltdown and leave social media after people were mean to her?
People here on /co like to say that that's the main reason for this whole hiatus, but as per what she's written herself she's just been busy with life (got married and celebrated a new niece) and didn't feel like working too much.
>>
>>78807430
I didn't mean that it's the reason for the hiatus. The hiatus is clearly a result of Michelle being completely incapable of managing her time.
>>
>>78797848
She left Tumblr for a brief period because the fucking troglodytes on that site were screaming for her head over the contents of the first two pics in >>78803075 , as well as one character in the comic teasing another over being a virgin.

Then a bunch of people from /co/ of all places who weren't total fucknuggets got together and sent her a bunch of support and appreciation messages as a counter to the frothing bullshit of Tumblr.

Now she's back on Tumblr and I think she's basically learned to just tune-out all the puritanical, fickle children.
>>
>>78810414
> as well as one character in the comic teasing another over being a virgin.
Christ I remember this vividly.

Her actual site went down like she was purging it and quitting. Messages she left to that effect, were deleted shortly.

I really hate social justice sometimes. Not all the time. Just a vast majority of the times that I hear about it.
>>
>>78813308
>Her actual site went down like she was purging it and quitting.
Oh, that was because the tumblrites in question actually went so far as to DDOS her site. And as a result, her shitty webhost charged her for all the bandwidth that was used.
>>
>>78785851
Nope, constant bad luck.

I remember when the first kickstarter was going there was some huge problem with the printing and she actually ended up LOSING money getting it fixed
>>
>never heard of this comic
>read entire archive
>it's amazing
>it's been on hiatus since june and no definite date it'll be back

being a fan of this must be suffering
>>
>>78794944
>Obtain employment like all the other special snowflakes out there,
If they obtain employment, say goodbye to updates.

Wave a handkerchief at the boat until it vanishes on the horizon. Bes that you're wearing a straw hat with a giant ribbon on it as well.
>>
>>78795649
That image is spooky as fuck.
>>
>>78791693
always add six months to the estimated delivery date of any kkickstarter, that's usually how it goes

...although even then it's two months late
>>
>>78814913
>being a fan of this must be suffering
Eh, I just forget about it until there's a kickstarter update. I skim it to see if the comic is coming out of hiatus, if it isn't I forget about it again.
>>
>>78810414
>>78813308

Look, I agree with the general ideals of social justice but the tumblrite troglodyte version is not it. They're just braindead bullies out for attention. The only logical and sane response to them is to try to ignore them. If it gets to the level it did here, with actual DDOS, the tumblrites should be found and punished. Made to pay for bandwidth, arrested for harassment. These are flat-out bad people who only do harm to the causes they claim to care about (but they don't actually, they just want attention and excuses to attack, torment, and hurt people).
>>
>>78810414
>Now she's back on Tumblr

What the fuck, why?! 4chan is a fucking cesspit, but at least it's fucking got SOME sense, tumblr is just a pressure cooker of groupthink freaks all egging each other on.

Get the fuck outta that toxic shithole.
>>
>>78820836
>I agree with the general ideals of social justice

Heh, and I bet you're the sort of idiot who thinks Communism is a perfectly awesome form of government, and all those incredibly fucked up places where it went so incredibly fucking bad just did it wrong.

"Next time, we'll get it right!"
>>
>>78810414
What was wrong with the first two pictures anyway?
>>
>>78821077

Social justice goes back to the crazy idea that the few people who weren't born aristocrats might deserve basic human rights, numbnut. Expanding that to everybody isn't nuts, it's basic common sense. Unless you'd be happy being born a serf (slave) and being tied to the land forever and at the disposal of your Lord, you've got crazy "progressive" ideas to thank.
>>
>>78821404
First was sexual imagery on a 15 year old. Second was untagged blood and self-harm, plus the nakedness.

It's pretty obvious these people never read the comic and only joined in the SJW bandwagon.
>>
>Ava's Demon updated twice in 2015
She is officially lazier than Aaron Diaz.
>>
>>78821478

Social Justice is just Internet Lynch Mobs.
>>
>>78821524

That's what it's become, but since the ideas are thousands of years old (at least) and say the Civil Rights Movement started way before the Internet, obviously it wasn't always that way. That's just the bitchy mentally ill preteen/tumblrite version of it.
>>
>>78821549

Right, I guess I should have said Internet Social Justice.

Oopsie doodle.
>>
Would Muffet appear in the comic?
>>
>>78821644
Maybe.

But she probably shouldn't.
>>
>>78821627
nah, it's just as bad, if not worse, in college.
>>
>>78823364
And how.

Just sit down in any given lounge, and wait.
>>
>>78816358
>If they obtain employment, say goodbye to updates.
We already did.
>>
>>78823538
For all creators you have ever enjoyed, or ever will enjoy, who currently have trouble making ends meet?

I think not.
>>
>>78821020
>>Now she's back on Tumblr
>What the fuck, why?!
You really thought she left Tumblr because she realized what a cesspit it is? She was queen Tumblrina, complete with starting drama about other people herself, well before she started Ava's Demon and she's built her whole fanbase there. She "left" because she apparently couldn't handle the Tumblr drama when it got directed at her for once, and now she's back because that's her home on the internet.

You'll see, next time some childish teenage girls complain about her comic like this again she'll throw a similar fit, make a big show about it and "leave" again, complete with long blog posts about how she's never coming back.
>>
>>78823645
And virgins on /co think of her as their perfect waifu who hates Tumblr just as much as they do. Too sad, too funny.
>>
>>78823666
I can guarantee you that most of my waifus would think 4chan is worse than Tumblr. I think they're both shit. But at least 4chan is anonymous.
>>
>>78823645
>You really thought she left Tumblr because she realized what a cesspit it is? She was queen Tumblrina, complete with starting drama about other people herself, well before she started Ava's Demon and she's built her whole fanbase there.

Wow, really? First I've heard of this, but seeing as she cut her teeth in the Homestuck fandom before she went original, I can't say I'm surprised, either.
>>
>>78823645
>complete with starting drama about other people herself

Sauce? Or was it deleted forever
>>
>>78823645
First time I heard of this, I'm going to assume this is just salt on your part.
>>
>>78824163
I agree with you.

From what I've seen, she seems like one of the more seasoned, reasonable creators. If Michelle was ever a ruthless social-vengeance type, it's gone from her now.
>>
File: 1411678721157.jpg (28KB, 332x456px) Image search: [Google]
1411678721157.jpg
28KB, 332x456px
At what point did you lose hope for AD ever being regularly updated ever again?

For me it was in sept. 2015 when she'd missed every kickstarter single milestone she ever set out for herself so far.
>>
>>78824061
Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because someone sounds bitchy.

>>78824163
Seriously.
>>
>>78821478
What you're describing is civil rights, not social justice. SJ is like CR's retarded child.
>>
>>78823666
Get thee behind me, Satan. The only acceptable webcomic creator waifus are Cagle and Cope.
>>
>>78826763
Oh, and Tiedrich.
>>
>>78826763
>>78826786
For the love of god.

Stop caring about the gender of artists.

You don't know the damage. And it's getting so depressing. "Simpsons are still on the air" levels of depressing.
>>
>>78827030
>Stop caring about the gender of artists.
Why?

>You don't know the damage.
Do tell.
>>
>>78827067
No.

Figure out on your own why it's not ideal to openly categorize creators by circumstances of birth.
>>
File: 1432258516025.png (500KB, 474x455px) Image search: [Google]
1432258516025.png
500KB, 474x455px
>>78803075
>those plums
gets me everytime
>>
>any physical goods she has printed are delivered late and damaged
>website hosts fuck up and then make her pay for their fuckup
>manages to blunder right into an online hate campaign

This is why you don't dump your luck stat, lads.
>>
>>78827406
The only criteria for that last one is "being on the internet at all"
>>
>>78821513
It just boggles me that people are unable to look at HIGHLY SYMBOLIC ART and take what they see as anything but SYMBOLIC.

Characters are fictional. They're not real people. Artists should be allowed to do whatever the fuck they want to them no matter how "offensive" because IT'S NOT REAL.

Then again, those kind of people just go looking for reasons to be mad at something so I don't know what I expect.
>>
File: didyouhearthat.jpg (68KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
didyouhearthat.jpg
68KB, 512x384px
>>78827292
>I'm not going to enact the labor for you, shitlord

HAHAHAHA! Fucking hell.
>>
File: 1381293193808.jpg (15KB, 460x375px) Image search: [Google]
1381293193808.jpg
15KB, 460x375px
>>78827579
Having trouble, huh?

Well keep meditating. You'll get it.
>>
>>78827579
Not that guy, but are you retarded? Like, legit retarded?
>>
>>78827861
Am that guy who you're saying you're not.

Every hack uses this comeback. "Are you retarded?" It's a calling card of the weak.

Don't think you're helping me, you weak fuck. Walk the plank.
>>
What a lovely thread
>>
>>78827951
>Am that guy who you're saying you're not.
>>
>>78828038
Yes.
>>
>>78827951
>Walk the plank.
Goddammit. I hate the plank.
>>
>>78827951
>It's a calling card of the weak.
Anon! What is best in life!
>>
File: CPOkcP4UYAAjeRq.png (184KB, 700x705px) Image search: [Google]
CPOkcP4UYAAjeRq.png
184KB, 700x705px
>>
File: 0917.png (289KB, 600x458px) Image search: [Google]
0917.png
289KB, 600x458px
>>78827561
>Characters are fictional. They're not real people.

Their arguments range from it being insensitive to sex abuse survivors to it encouraging or even causing actual abuse.

The latter has a lot of backing from government laws against porn of underage characters and reports of little girls in Japan being shown loli hentai so they think it's normal.
>>
File: ain't that just the way.png (115KB, 500x216px) Image search: [Google]
ain't that just the way.png
115KB, 500x216px
One of her mistakes was redrawing a shitload of panels. Seems like a waste of time to me, especially considering most of those panels were good already.
>>
>>78823645
no no no no and no. She left tumblr for a while because not only was she being harassed but her fans were being harassed. Anyone who defended her would get bullied. The tags were filled with nothing but Michelle is a racist/ableist whatever the fuck. She was being branded a pedo to the point of actual other professional artists avoiding her because they thought the rumors were true. As in the way of tumblr, everyone takes a few lines of text as fact. The obsessive bullies were incredibly intrusive to her actual life that she needed a break.
>>
>>78795649
>China is the largest and darkest tyranny that has ever existed
Wrong on both counts.
Darkest is North Korea, largest is Czar Putin's Russia.
>>
>>78832398
that feelio when a character you drew for someone else's game is more popular than your own comic will ever be.
>>
>>78764826
>It isn't a storyteller's job to know the cost of the paper it's printed on, and the shipping cost of that paper.

It is if they want to actually print and ship things you idiot.

It's like saying that it's not an engineer job to know the cost of the materials a bridge it's built and the construction costs of the whole structure.
>>
>>78832687
Yes, but manipulating children with fiction is something you can do with any fiction, not just loli hentai.

Fuck, you could convince children that they actually need to fear the big bad wolf eating grandma because it says so in a book and you can explain to them that this is just a normal thing. That excuse is flimsy as fuck.
>>
File: anthony kennedy.gif (256KB, 315x400px) Image search: [Google]
anthony kennedy.gif
256KB, 315x400px
>>78832687
>Gobment laws

Here is the good ol' U S of A, Ashcroft v Free Speech Coalition said it was okay.
>>
Alright, we got the tumblr dribble out of the way.

Why is Maggie such a cunt?
>>
>>78835619
Yeah, it's basically the 'video game cause school shootings' thing again. It's never the person's fault but whatever he was reading that done it.
>>
>>78836130
I imagine Ava did something that put her life in great jeopardy, which is where she made the pact with Tuls.
>>
File: memories.png (444KB, 500x622px) Image search: [Google]
memories.png
444KB, 500x622px
>>78836228
You don't have to die or be dying to make a pact. She probably just made a deal with him and that was it.

Still a mystery how they only known eachother 4 years and why Maggie doesn't have glowy eyes in flashbacks and old photos. Hopefully not a repeat of how Gil got Nevy.
>>
>>78836517
It still isn't explained how Nevy got amnesia, and why a mermaid ghost is Wraithia's most powerful warrior.
>>
File: CRP1hGEUcAEW4XF.png (725KB, 600x825px) Image search: [Google]
CRP1hGEUcAEW4XF.png
725KB, 600x825px
Papyrus
Thread posts: 183
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.