[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guardians of Infinity #2 Storytime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 35

Abnett goes full Bendis complete with Bendis speak and Jew Rocket.

Also the best Drax story in a looong while.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
I've come to accept that the glory days of Cosmic Marvel and GotG are long past, at least where the comics are concerned.
>>
>>
Oy Vey!!!
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>78724007
>Stargazer being renamed in the last minute
>>
>>
>>78724035
>in
at*
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
End #1
>>
>>
>>78724197
Abnett sure does like these fakeout endings.

I don't know, I feel like his setups are always a little clunky and this was no different. Could wind up being good if Abnett gets enough time to play around with it.

RIP Guardians 3000 ;_;7
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
End #2
>>
>>
>>78724645
That was pretty damn good. Definitely the best usage of Drax in a long while.

I rather like these backup stories.
>>
>>78724322
So what, now these guys just don't exist anymore?
>>
File: 1415122959731.png (194KB, 363x307px) Image search: [Google]
1415122959731.png
194KB, 363x307px
>>78724809
I guess those are "Spaceknights", those are "Space" "Knights".

Doesn't matter really, Hickman killed off 3/4 of the Spaceknights anyway during Infinity.
>>
>>78724990
Hickman killed off a lot of things that have showed up again since SW fine and dandy like sour candy.
>>
so was Skytower a Gargoyle?
>>
>>78725180
A Stonian, to be exact.
>>
>>78725180
Maybe Skytower is an immature Makluan like Fraktur of the Nova Corps

Tua Zon is clearly a Rigellian
>>
Aw, I liked Skytower. That's a shame.
>>
>>78723904
The glory days of Cosmic Marvel ended over 30 years ago, anon. You should have accepted it by now.
>>
>>78723810
The cover looks like something I'd want to read.
>>
Should've called itself Guardians of the Galaxy: Infinity. The title alone is going to put off readers.
>>
>Man who has everything style story

These always fuck with me. Mainly because I had a dream like that once.
>>
>>78723958
I still don't get why Drax is talking in third person.
>>
>>78724238
I hate that he is limited to 15 pages but yeah Guardians 3000 was better and I hste that he dropped Starhawk, Geena, Rael Rider and future Peter Quill for the new GotG team which I know we are just getting to know but ugh I rather read about the other characters and drop Rocket, Drax and Groot from this.
>>
>>78724663
Last one was boring but this one was certainly good.
>>
>>78724645
The person who wrote this is Robbie Thompson, the guy who writes Silk right? Maybe I should start reading that because this was good and I haven't enjoyed a story with Drax in a long time.
>>
>>78725362
She might be back. I doubt Charlie will stay dead
>>
>>78724441
>a father again
>a husband
>again

AW SHIT DRAX/ARTHUR DOUGLAS/MOONDRAGON SHIT ALL CONFIRMED FOR CANON AW YEAH
>>
>>78724180
>>78724197
so is abnett forbidden from using the other 3 current guardians or he just doesn't want to use them?
>>
>>78725443
Yeah but PAD and Giffen and DnA were the last hurrah.
>>
>>78728318
It's always been canon.
>>
>>78728452
... Are you for real? Are you not aware that a ton of people here were/are worried that they're just going to go the movie route and ignore his human side? After all, pretty much every other Guardian is now their movie version, most notably Quill. this throwaway line at least seems to confirm that as of now the original backstory is still intact.
>>
>>78723901
Why is Silver Surfer weak to the sun?
>>
>>78724478
She has no nose. So how does she smell?
>Awful
>>
>>78728531
Quill has nothing from the movie backstory on his own. Everything from Annihilation onwards is still canon and his new origin has nothing to do with the movie except Yondu (that is quite different and not just a redneck I might add).

Besides, Bendis already confirmed Drax's backstory was still canon in one line during Volume 3.
>>
bump for read
>>
>>78723982
>desert city
>tal edra
>tel adare
>>
>>78724645
Not a fan of Teddy Bear Rocket despite the good art, but he was written well in this.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.