[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to watch Jessica Jones but I'm afraid of the Purple

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 2

File: Purple_Man[1].jpg (168KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
Purple_Man[1].jpg
168KB, 500x750px
I want to watch Jessica Jones but I'm afraid of the Purple Man. The stuff he did to her makes me feel sick.

Does that happen in the show. Is the show set after that all happens?
>>
>>78694431
Yeah, you should be fine.
>>
File: 1442181714221.png (324KB, 372x788px) Image search: [Google]
1442181714221.png
324KB, 372x788px
>being so worthless that you can't handle a villain doing villainous things in fiction
>>
>>78694431
>I a faggot who can't stand fiction please rape my face
>>
>>78694479
>villainous things
Getting someone raped repeatedly is too much for me.
>>
OP how do you function in society?
>>
>>78694696
Well, he avoids going to places where he'll have to watch people getting raped, I'd assume. Is that hard to manage in your neighborhood?
>>
>>78694696
By being an empathetic human being.

What's weird is, I don't mind watching the snuff webms but this is too much for me.
>>
>>78694743
>he doesn't go to the local rape forums and watch the raping
what a fag.
>>
>>78694682
Purple Man doesn't rape people. He forces them to have consensual sex
>>
>>78694682
Not once does he ever rape or get Jessica raped. Confirmed for having never actually read Alias and being a filthy casual.
>>
OP, you never have to watch him have sex with anyone, thankfully. The show takes place afterwards, and the only brief flashbacks are tame.
>>
>>78694682
>getting someone raped repeatedly is too much of me

Well maybe you shouldn't have fucking caused them to get raped in the first place you sick bastard.
>>
>>78694747
You're "triggered" by rape being depicted in fiction, but you don't mind watching snuff films? You are completely fucked in the head.
>>
>>78694844
To be fair, fucking nobody had read it before this show came out. I'd been a marvelfag for years and she only popped up on my radar when she was briefly forced into the Avengers.
>>
>>78694910
This. OP confirmed for a psychopath
>>
>>78694696
By trolling 4chan with entry level bait, thank you for perpetuating this by falling for it.
>>
>>78694942
>To be fair, fucking nobody had read it before this show came out.
OP claimed to have read Alias, though. Which clearly isn't true.
>>
Watching people be confused by the concept of having specific things make them uncomfortable is fascinating.

How old are you guys? Would you say you socialize often, and with a decent number of people? Are you thought of as the noticably more "cynical, jaded" member of the group at gatherings?
>>
>>78694942
Is you serious?
Jessica Jones isn't well known but Alias is because Bendis wrote it
>>
>>78694682
Awww, did the big bad purple man hurt your feelings?
>>
>>78695029
I'd never heard of it.
>>
>>78695059
Probably because you don't actually read comics.
>>
>>78695111
I've seen it mentioned at least quite a few times over the years here with the occasional page of it posted in threads. It isn't a spammed topic something talked about enough you know at least a few have read it.
>>
>>78695059
I've seen it mentioned at least quite a few times over the years here with the occasional page of it posted in threads. It isn't a spammed topic something talked about enough you know at least a few have read it.
>>
>>78695022
No I didn't. Literally the only posts I have made are this one, the opening post and the one abouts webms.

I genuinely don't know if I've ever read anything with Jessica Jones in it. If I have, she's been a minor character.
>>
>>78695110
Or, pre-4chan, I never talked to people in comic book stores because the level of social awkwardness visible made me ashamed to be associated with them. So I stuck to what I liked and the occasional comic news site to guide me.

But obviously I don't read comics, because Alias was just SO HUGE when it came out, right?
>>
>>78694431
He's less tame and more likeable than in the comic
>>
>>78695210
Wasn't it critically acclaimed and one of the reasons Bendis got the Avengers? Shit was pretty well known.
>>
someone please explain to me why rape in fiction is such a hot button topic? rape is bad? murder is worse, but no one bats an eyelash at a murder in fiction.
>>
>>78695202
>No I didn't.

You ARE a psychopath. You literally said:

>The stuff he did to her makes me feel sick.

How else would you know what he allegedly did to her if you hadn't read the comic?
>>
>>78694431
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>78695210
>I never talked to people in comic book stores because the level of social awkwardness visible made me ashamed to be associated with them.

Stop being such a beta loser. Go make some friends.
>>
>>78694942
No fuck you I read it well before this show step your game up
>>
>>78694844
To be fair, she does get raped in the Netflix show.
>>
>>78695392
I have plenty. I chose not to add sperglords to the list. Partly because so was a teenager concerned with image, partly because I had little in common with them.
>>
>>78695321
Reading 4chan? Duh?
>>
>>78695210
>because Alias was just SO HUGE when it came out, right?
... yes?
>>
>>78695432
>I have plenty
You're not fooling anyone.
>>
>>78695239
It was critically acclaimed, but not particularly well read. It stayed around the low 50s to 60s in the charts. Not esoteric or indie, but not attention garnering either.

I feel like a lot of it's initial acclaim came from its relationship with MAX.
>>
>making a character have sex against their will isn't rape

Really, co?
>>
>>78695720
>co
>>
>>78694682
He doesn't rape her in the comics, you casual fuck
He does rape her in the series tho, but they only mention it, they don't show it, obviously
>>
>>78695794
Don't give the immigrant attention
>>
>>78695880
He gets her to have sex with people.
>>
>>78695925
In the comic? No he fucking does not you pleb. He fucks a bunch of people he drags of the street am she watched. He would make her beg for his dick but he never touched her
>>
>>78695720
He never does that to Jessica. Read the fucking comic, troglodyte.
>>
>>78694682
###############TRRRRIGIGIERED
>>
>>78694942
>she was briefly forced into the Avengers
Bendis was on that fucking shitheap of a book for 8 years and she was there for practically his entire tenure. Just awful.
>>
/co/ used to be love. I'll give you an actual answer, OP. You should be fine, there is nothing remotely rape-y in the show. They do toss around the word rape as a concept, but all sex shown is consensual. It's a pretty decent show too, go give it a watch.
>>
Purple Man is a stupid fucking name, and he's literally just a purple man which also looks fucking stupid

Oh no! A purple guy in a business suit! The horror!
>>
People actually find Lame Man scary?

>b-but his powers give him potential to be scary
So do Freddy Krueger's, too bad he was a joke ever since The Dream Master despite having kills as gruesome as https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJDZvXUv0Lk
Now that I think of it, it's more tense and unsettling than anything I've seen from the comics with him or the shitty show.
>>
Don't do it he rapes Rose in the TARDIS with his sonic screwdriver.
>>
>>78698771
/co/ may have been love once, but we've never ever coddled the wilfully stupid like you're doing to this ponce. Stop enabling these people.
>>
>>78699002
And yet
>Killgrave is used as his name but it's mocked and marked as "stupid" by the live action series anyway

If you think cape stuff is dumb, then why are you watching/caring about a cape series?
Further more, why do Jessica Jones live action love to shit all over any semblance of cape imagery and myth on this series? It's like they are embarrassed by it.
>>
>>78694682
>People are actually this fragile
>>
>>78699428
I don't watch the show, but I had never heard of the character until the show started airing and I'm just making fun of it because

I like other capes tho. Just not purple man
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.