[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marvel Editor Sana Amanat on Late Night with Seth Meyers tonight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 220
Thread images: 24

File: amanat-0d388.jpg (88KB, 900x626px) Image search: [Google]
amanat-0d388.jpg
88KB, 900x626px
>Sana Amanat is the latest comic book pro to appear on "Late Night with Seth Meyers." The Marvel Comics editor and Ms. Marvel co-creator will discuss her upcoming projects with the publisher, and what it's like to develop storylines in the Marvel Universe when she appears January 5 on the NBS show.

>Between her appearance on "The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore," her TEDxTeen Talk and frequent interviews in newspaper and magazines, Amanat has emerged as a comics spokesperson in the mainstream media.

I give it two years before she's Editor-in-Chief. Alonso's been there five years, he'll be moving up or out pretty soon. Also this event will finally cause Tom Brevoort's head to explode.
>>
so marvel is showing her around for diversity points?
>>
>>78694429
Think she's just marketing herself really well, and since there aren't a lot of her it's working.
>>
>>78694429

yep.
same reason why she was pimped almost as much as GWW when Ms Marvel first premiered.
>>
File: brian_michael_bendis.jpg (42KB, 640x460px) Image search: [Google]
brian_michael_bendis.jpg
42KB, 640x460px
>>78694365
>Editor-in-Chief

>implying implications
>>
>>78694429
Yeah, it's funny that anytime they do a video interview for Ms. Marvel, it's always her instead of Wilson so no one realises that Ms. Marvel is made by a white girl.
>>
File: smiley.jpg (143KB, 398x452px) Image search: [Google]
smiley.jpg
143KB, 398x452px
>>78694429
literal brownie points
>>
>>78694617
Being EiC is too much work for bendis.
>>
>>78694617
Bendis has too much going on outside of Marvel, plus he seems to prefer writing. I know it's become a copypasta meme at this point but I can't see Bendis ever becoming EIC.
>>
>>78694667
yeah he has other shit going on like that powers tv show
>>
>>78694667
Being a writer is too much for Bendis, and that never stopped him before.
>>
>>78694365
Her Wikipedia page is hilariously biased. I'd say she wrote it herself, but it was probably some fan of hers.
>>
>>78694365
I didn't know TedxTeen talks existed and I think Larry Wilmore's show has very low ratings.
Not really mainstream media
>>
>>78694799
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_feminist_comic_books

And this is a thing, apparently.
>>
Marvel """"editors""""
>>
Eh not a huge surprise considering how much of a comic fan Seth is.
>>
Who?
>>
>>78694847
So I was generally egalitarian with regard to the potential and rights of women but after reading Captain Marvel my opinion of women has worsened. Can it still be called a feminist comic book?

>Gotham City Sirens

What?
>>
File: 1435682666453.png (151KB, 449x442px) Image search: [Google]
1435682666453.png
151KB, 449x442px
>>78694847
>Sailor Moon
>>
>>78694845
>I think Larry Wilmore's show has very low ratings

It has basically no ratings

It's been plummeting since day one and the online streaming gets literally 10% what Stewart used to get
>>
I want to cum on her brown tummy
>>
>>78694429
Yes.
>>
>>78694937
>So I was generally egalitarian with regard to the potential and rights of women but after reading Captain Marvel my opinion of women has worsened.

You're just using buzzwords to shitpost.

>Can it still be called a feminist comic book?

Yes.
>>
I wonder if one could go through all the press releases and publicity for Ms. Marvel and ever know that the book is written by a blue-eyed blonde white woman.
>>
File: 1444389053663.gif (1MB, 355x200px) Image search: [Google]
1444389053663.gif
1MB, 355x200px
>>78694667
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Nigga, do you even know who you're talking about? He's the master of Marvel, the king of comics, the future Editor-in-Chief. He has 2 shows based on his creations, Powers and Jessica Jones, and someday Mile Morales will be the next Spider-man in movies or TV.

Sorry mate, but Bendis is the King of Marvel. Those on Team Bendis will guard any and all storylines created by Bendis, or expand on it. I mean look at this shit >>77869998

Once he finally runs Marvel, we will enter an era of Bendis continuity. As long as there's a franchise with a movie or TV show, it won't be safe from Bendis Continuity.

He's the future Editor-in-Chief of Marvel, and the other writers at Marvel know it. The ones that aren't with him are off doing Star Wars.
>>
>>78695073
Here come the pastas
>>
>>78694937
>So I was generally egalitarian with regard to the potential and rights of women but after reading Captain Marvel my opinion of women has worsened
>a comic book made me change my view of real people
You're a goddamn idiot.
>>
>>78694847
>Gotham City Sirens
So... every book with female protagonist is feminist book?
>>
How do i get a brown gf?
Also fuck brevoorot
>>
Sana is living proof that diverse creators are drastically more important than diverse characters. She wrote the only good "SJW" character Marvel has introduced in its current crusade.

It's not about making Spider-Man black, making Cap black, etc, etc. It's about hiring writers who will write good, diverse characters because they have a diverse background and experiences. I dare say even Miss America could be interesting if she was written by an actual Hispanic person instead of having this bizarre superprivileged utopian background but still being oppressed.
>>
>>78695005
>You're just using buzzwords to shitpost.

And?

>Yes.

Why, though? Why are books like Captain Marvel, Hellcat and Squirrel Girl called feminist when they portray infantilized, vapid women as role models?

>>78695121
Move to New Jersey, live near Princeton, plenty of Indian qts around the university and at North Beach
>>
>>78695109
No, every book with a female protagonist that isn't purely for the sake of cheesecake and any comic with a "PoC" or "LGBT" protagonist.
>>
>>78695121
I don't know about the brown GF, but you can try and find Brevoort in Marvel HQ and see if you hit it off after some drinks.
>>
File: 1448934801539.jpg (52KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1448934801539.jpg
52KB, 720x960px
>>78695121
>How do i get a brown gf?

Pay attention to signs of lewd.
>>
>>78695214
>wears ninja outfit
>not covering face
What a poser.
>>
>>78695159
But she didn't. Amanat doesn't write Kamala. A blue-eyed, blonde white woman who converted to Islam writes Kamala.

Marvel just puts Amanat out there for some reason, maybe so people don't find out who the actual writer is.

>>78695179
GCS was mostly just cheesecake and the only LGBT thing about it was Harley manipulating Ivy near the end

It even had Ivy fucking a male character
>>
>>78695159
you know that the person who writes is a Blond woman right ?
>>
File: 12centAd.jpg (254KB, 554x839px) Image search: [Google]
12centAd.jpg
254KB, 554x839px
>>78695171
>Why, though? Why are books like Captain Marvel, Hellcat and Squirrel Girl called feminist when they portray infantilized, vapid women as role models?

Because Squirrel Girl and Hellcat are portrayed as saturday morning cartoon characters with a great deal of levity and irreverence. They're 'fun' protagonists in a market place dominated by melodramatic superhero.

Captain Marvel has just been kind of uninspired.
>>
>>78695246
Amanat came up with the concept for Ms. Marvel, she's the Bob Kane to GWW's Bill Finger.
>>
>>78695231
Ninjas didn't dress in black :^)
>>
>>78695296
Blatant lies! Movies say otherwise!
>>
>>78695246
>But she didn't. Amanat doesn't write Kamala.

You're write, she's the editor of the comic who championed the project.

>A blue-eyed, blonde white woman who converted to Islam writes Kamala.

You're right, a white muslim woman doe write Ms. Marvel.

>Marvel just puts Amanat out there for some reason, maybe so people don't find out who the actual writer is.

She's cute and charismatic, and connected to the Ms. Marvel comic book.
>>
>>78695290
They can be Saturday morning cartoons but the creators sure as fuck are trying to convey a message using then
>>
>>78695353
>You're write, she's the editor of the comic who championed the project.

How many comic books can you think of where it's the editor who's the public face of all promotion while the writer is rarely ever seen?
>>
>>78695353
She also has dark skin and Marvel doesn't want want to remind people thr the real writer is a white woman
>b-b-b-but she's Muslim!
Still white. Which in the eyes of liberals/SJWs is racist and cultural appropriation. Only REAL dark-skinned Muslims can write Muslims.
>>
>>78695378
I thought this was all just /co/ paranoia until I read Hellcat #1, holy fuck, that's spiteful.
>>
File: Grand_Ayatollah_Ali_Khamenei.jpg (89KB, 1024x575px) Image search: [Google]
Grand_Ayatollah_Ali_Khamenei.jpg
89KB, 1024x575px
>>78695353
>She's cute and charismatic, and connected to the Ms. Marvel comic book.

Sana please leave

>>78695452
>Only REAL dark-skinned Muslims can write Muslims

Eh, a lot of Arabs and Middle Easterners have light skin, go to any Emirates country and you'll see thousands of them. The Ayatollah of Iran is whiter than I am and my family is German-British.
>>
Kamala is a shitty character and there shouldn't be a "positive" rolemodel for isalm
>>
>>78695557
I don't think you want to wind up in a situation where there are only negative role models for Islam
>>
>>78694847
They also spoil a whole bunch of important fucking plot points.
>>
>>78695557
>Kittyfag on FULL DAMAGE CONTROL because his jew waifu is old and busted while Kamala is still young, nubile, and Marvel's #2 most popular hero of 2015
Top fucking kek, matey. Sorry you got BENDIS'd, but whining won't change that.
>>
>>78695540
He looks deceptively jolly in that picture
>>
>>78695443
>How many comic books can you think of where it's the editor who's the public face of all promotion while the writer is rarely ever seen?

How many comic books can you think of with a public face?
>>
>>78694365
>Marvel Comics editor
So she's getting payed for sitting with her feet on her desk all day?
>>
>>78695452
>She also has dark skin and Marvel doesn't want want to remind people thr the real writer is a white woman

She's the editor of the comic, who started it.

>Still white. Which in the eyes of liberals/SJWs is racist and cultural appropriation. Only REAL dark-skinned Muslims can write Muslims.

You're just being obtuse.
>>
>>78695557
True, but that doesn't stop me from wanting to string her up and start stuffing every available hole with vibrators.
>>
>>78695557
>Kamala is a shitty character and there shouldn't be a "positive" rolemodel for isalm

But Kamala is love ヘ(=^・ω・^= )ノ
>>
>>78695703
>So she's getting payed for sitting with her feet on her desk all day?

Ms. Marvel has been a runway success and she's making a tv appearance to further promote it.
>>
>>78695684
Any of them that get promoted on comic book sites? It's still mostly just Amanat who goes on CBR etc. to talk about Ms. Marvel. Even right before ANAD started, Marvel's NYCC panel brought Slott, Soule, Gillen and Ewing to talk about their books. They didn't bring Wilson to talk about Ms. Marvel's relaunch, they brought Amanat. They never put Wilson out as the face of the comic.
>>
>>78695713
It's true, tumblr told me so. Only people born into a race or religion can write their race and religion. Otherwise you are stealing other's culture
>>
>>78695792
>They never put Wilson out as the face of the comic.
I wonder why. Not ethnic enough?
>>
>>78695713
>You're just being obtuse.
Whereas you're just naive to current trends.
>>
>>78695786
And that success is because of Wilson, not the editor.
Should we start putting editors before writers and artists now during credits?
>>
>>78695827
>I wonder why. Not ethnic enough?

Wilson was mostly an indy writer before Ms. Marvel became a big deal, she might live in like...Wisconsin or something.
>>
>>78695818
>tfw having dreadlocks is stealing culture
We need alien invasion so people lose all that free time.
>>
>>78695867
Yes, in 2015, communicating across great distances is a major obstacle.
>>
>>78695827
Yep, she's not a real Muslim. She's just a silly white girl who converted for the lulz. It's obvious that Sana Amanat is the REAL creator and writer of Ms Marvel
>>
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/tilting-at-windmills-trouble-on-the-horizon

Funny how Alonzo is tanking Marvel

DC isn't doing much better

Almost all of their "diversity" bullshit has failed spectacularly. Unironically the only times it has been a success has been when it wasnt pandering but rather a sensible organic story development (falconcap).

Neglecting your core readership in favor of sjws that will never buy you shit backfiring? Who would've thought!
>>
>>78695855
Stan Lee did that for years while he banged Kirby's wife :^)
>>
>>78695855
Look, the reason why they can't push Wilson is because she got into some shit with a journalist, where she criticized western feminism. Marvel is the master of PR, and they know what they're doing.
>>
>>78695848
>Whereas you're just naive to current trends.

You're purposefully exaggerating what cultural appropriation is to further your agenda of troll in this thread.

(^=˃ᆺ˂)
>>
>>78695917
Thats not even THE CURRENT YEAR
>>
>>78695786
So she's getting payed for telling Willow Wilson to write a book about a Muslim girl super hero that one time and appearing on TV twice per year? With her feet on her desk the rest of the time?

Because I'm really not convinced Marvel editor is a very straining job right now, ever since they decided that writers could just do whatever they wanted.
>>
>>78695956
I'm still adjusting you limey fuck
>>
>>78695938
>she got into some shit with a journalist, where she criticized western feminism
What???
>>
Willow writes it but Kamala was based off Sana's experiences growing up. Kamala is her self insert.

Sana makes sure she has all the cute artists and oversees any time anyone even when it's not GWW is writing Kamala.

She loved Runaways which is why she got Alphona and Miyazawa to do the book.
>>
File: Avengers006_05a.jpg (286KB, 1000x1483px) Image search: [Google]
Avengers006_05a.jpg
286KB, 1000x1483px
>>78695932
>http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/tilting-at-windmills-trouble-on-the-horizon

A clickbait article with no evidence of failure on Marvel.

>Funny how Alonzo is tanking Marvel

Almost 50% of the market share, in a growing market.

>Almost all of their "diversity" bullshit has failed spectacularly

And the tried and true Superman, Action Comics, and other main titles have also decayed immensely.

>Unironically the only times it has been a success has been when it wasnt pandering but rather a sensible organic story development (falconcap).

So it's okay when you like it.

>Neglecting your core readership in favor of sjws that will never buy you shit backfiring? Who would've thought!

DC did a poll back in 2011 when they launched thee New 52 and found like 1/5 of their readership was over 50, which is disastrous for new growth.

The audience for comics was always going to have to change, and your torchbearer/gatekeeper mentality contributes to the slow, anemic, inbred decay of the comic book industry.
>>
>>78696002
Amanat grew up spouting epig maymays and surfed reddit and tumblr while writing fanfiction of real people?
>>
>>78695962

I don't give a fuck what you think.

cry some more editors don't keep Bendis in check in his own shit threads.
>>
>>78695935
Bob Kane too
>>
>>78696088
Comics as a paper-only medium is over.

In the future we're going to see quarterly stories with subscriptions and interaction with the artists, the writers, and editors.

What we're experiencing is the initial pandering to new markets and transition to this new comic distribution platform.
>>
>>78695996
She spent years being a journalist in Egypt. That kinda colors your perspective when you then proceed to come back to the states and see a bunch of upper-middle class first-world white girls complaining about how hard they have it.
>>
>>78695932
>Almost all of their "diversity" bullshit has failed spectacularly
But according to the very article you're shilling, the "diversity" bullshit worked. it's just that the people that the "diversity" bullshit succeeded in attracting were then put off by the renumbering/relaunches.
>>
>>78694617
Nah, he's better working behind the scenes. Amanat is team Bendis as well so nothing will really change for him.
>>
>>78696131
Thought to use Bob Kane, but I wasn't sure was he editor or just writer.
>>
>>78694365
>Also this event will finally cause Tom Brevoort's head to explode.
Brevoort's head is about to E-X-P-L-O-D-E-!
>>
File: 1445644739463.png (623KB, 783x585px) Image search: [Google]
1445644739463.png
623KB, 783x585px
>>78696216
>casuals can't put up with abuse from the company like real fans have learned to do
>>
>>78695666
What does Kitty has to do with anything satan?
>>
>>78694429
Yeah. That's why they slap co creator on her. I bet she did nothing.
>>
>>78696225
Who isn't team Bendis on Marvel? We have to stop bald hydra.
>>
>>78696155
>Comics as a paper-only medium is over.

Same-day-digital was the start. Now it's a hybrid with the TPB/collection audience being a separate but profitable audience.

>In the future we're going to see quarterly stories with subscriptions and interaction with the artists, the writers, and editors.

I honestly think we're going to accelerate to weekly releases for major comics. The multimedia stuff will hopefully work out.

>What we're experiencing is the initial pandering to new markets and transition to this new comic distribution platform.

It's the initial marketing to a new market.
>>
>>78695996
http://gwillowwilson.com/post/118822887543/dr-lepores-lament

tl;dr Harvard professor shits on A-Force without knowing very much about comic books at all, Wilson shuts her the fuck down.

The New Yorker article by said professor: http://www.newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/marvel-a-force-female-superheroes
>>
>>78694710
>Bendis has too much going on outside of Marvel,
Such as???
>>
File: jjj.jpg (41KB, 570x285px) Image search: [Google]
jjj.jpg
41KB, 570x285px
>>78696294
It's only marketing when it's aimed at you, anon.

When it's aimed elsewhere, it's pandering.
>>
>>78696384
Powers on... eh. Playstation Network?
>>
>>78696252
Neither, he was supposedly Batman's main artist but he employed a fuckton of ghost artists so chances are he drew less than a dozen issues.
>>
>>78696273
Head Lopper is bretty gud
>>
>>78694847
>Red Sonja
>The Maxx
the fuck?
>>
>>78696384
Powers is still going and getting a second season. Pretty sure Jinx and Goldfish movies are still in some sort of development hell but who knows, that's been decades. Not sure if he still teaches writing courses at Portland State Univeristy.
>>
>>78696472
Man, I remember nothing.
I didn't mix up, he DID create Batman with Bill Finger and stole all spotlight, right?
>>
>>78696499
>the fuck?

Gail Simone's Red Sonja is good fun kitsch, chainmail bikini be damned.

The Maxx's ultimate plot was how his girlfriend was molested as a child by her dad, the villain of the comic Also she had a muffin top.
>>
>>78695935
>Stan Lee did that for years while he banged Kirby's wife :^)
Stan never banged Kirby's wife. He let Jack do it and then just took the credit like usual.
>>
>>78694429
Of course it's for digersity. Marvel is going "look we DO have editors." And I still don't believe them
>>
>>78696536
He came up with the "concept" of a Bat-Man (as in, a blonde guy in a red costume with bat-wings), then Finger came along and made him the character we all know and love. Kane was a weasely little shit so he took all the credit and made sure through legal loopholes that Finger would never be credited as co-creator. Even his current credit reads "Batman created by Bob Kane with Bill Finger", that's as good as it's gonna get.
>>
G Willow is doing Iron Man soon.
>>
>>78696512
As if he's involved in the Powers series at all aside from "consultant".
>>
File: kane_swipe.jpg (181KB, 596x299px) Image search: [Google]
kane_swipe.jpg
181KB, 596x299px
>>78696536
>I didn't mix up, he DID create Batman with Bill Finger and stole all spotlight, right?

Yes. Finger died in obscurity, impoverished. He did write for an episode of the 60's Batman show.

Kane basically took credit for everything and it's a big deal Jerry Robinson even gets credit for the Joker.
>>
>>78696606
It won't make a difference; Ellis, Fraction, Gillen, Bendis, doesn't matter who you hire, Iron Man doesn't fucking sell.
>>
>>78696606
>G Willow is doing Iron Man soon.

Finally, a chance for a good iron man comic.
>>
>>78696596
>>78696608
What a dick. No wonder Steranko bitchslapped fuck out of him.
>>
>>78694667
Too much work for bendis?
>>
>>78696561
but what makes it "femenist"? Who the writers are?
>>
>>78696637
>Ellis, Fraction, Gillen, Bendis, doesn't matter who you hire, Iron Man doesn't fucking sell.

Ellis doesn't do more than six issues.

Gillen had Greg fucking Land on art.

Fraction had Salvador Larocca.

Bendis is writing a comedy book.

I just want fucking Iron Man to fight some cool robots or solve a crime or something.
>>
>>78696596
>>78696608
Best Bob Kane story, told by comic writer Arnold Drake. Long but worth it:

>Bob had gotten to the point where he never drew anything. Never drew anything on the Batman comics, anyway. [Sheldon] Moldoff was ghosting them all and when he didn’t, someone else did. The only thing I think Bob ever drew was when we’d be out somewhere, in a restaurant or someplace, and a pretty girl would come over to him and say, ‘Are you really the man who draws Batman?’ Then he could whip out a little sketch for her, a big sketch if she was wearing something low-cut and would bend over to watch him draw.

>One day I’m over at his house to discuss this newspaper strip idea we had and he’s talking about who we might get to draw it. I was going to write it and we were going to get someone else to draw it. I’m not sure what Bob was going to do on it except sign his name. I said to him, 'Bob, isn’t it disappointing to you that you don’t draw any more? You were once such a great artist.’ He wasn’t but you had to talk to Bob that way.

>He said, 'Oh, no. Let me show you something.’ He took me into a little room in his house. It was his studio. I didn’t even know he still had a studio. It was all set up with easels and things and there were paintings, paintings of clowns. You know the kind. Like the ones Red Skelton used to do. Just these insipid portraits of clowns, all signed very large, 'Bob Kane.’ He was so proud of them. He said, 'These are the paintings that are going to make me in the world of art. Batman was a big deal in one world and these paintings will soon be in every gallery in the world.’ He thought the Louvre was going to take down the Mona Lisa to put up his clown paintings. I didn’t have the heart to tell him.
>>
>>78696384
Bendis teaches, helps with movies and shows, and apparently was working on a videogame? Plus Bendis writes atleast 4 books. Sure, they end up crossing over with each other for lazy stories and easy sale, but he's effective. Plus he does PR runs with interviews and whatnot. Honestly, I think he'd be a good writer if he cut his workload in half.
>>
>>78696329
B A S E D
A
S
E
D
>>
>>78696701
>So a few months later, I’m up at DC and I ran into Eddie Herron. Eddie was another writer up there and we got to talking and Bob’s name came up. Eddie said, 'Did you hear? Bob’s getting sued by one of his ghost artists.’

>I said, 'How is that possible? Shelly Moldoff’s suing Bob? But they had a clear deal. Shelly knew he wasn’t going to get credit or anything…’

>Eddie said, 'No, not Shelly.’ Bob was being sued by the person who’d painted the clowns for him…
>>
>>78696718
Haha that's fucking gold.
>>
she's one of the better editors at marvel desu
>>
>>78695214
HONOR KILLINGS
O
N
O
R
>>
>>78696718
Jesus Christ on tricycle. What a hack.
>>
>>78696606
I think she's just doing him for a Ms Marvel arc.

Unless Iron Man is the secret project she dropped A-Force for.

They should put her on Cap Marvel. She did the impossible and made me like Carol when she wrote her.
>>
File: 1297895148880.jpg (73KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
1297895148880.jpg
73KB, 375x500px
>>78696690

Let's say someone 50 years ago called "Sally Slapwit the slutty sideshow clown." It's smut and is written to titillate and portrays sally slapwit as a licentious imbecile clown who the audience is meant to both lust for and despise as inferior.

However decades later Gail Simone writes Sally Slapwit, and while Sally is still a cheesecake clown, the quality of the dialog is better, the stories don't portray Sally's desire for casual sex as a negative, and her lack of brains is portrayed as a facade or simply part of a more complex personality.

There's you post modern feminist thing. HONK HONK
>>
File: image.jpg (12KB, 215x211px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 215x211px
>>78696718
This gets better every time I read it.
>>
>>78696801
lol A-Force was such a joke from the get go. Everyone should abandon that project.

FROM THE PAGES OF SECRET WARS COMES A TEAM OF B-LISTERS NO ONE ASKED FOR!
>>
>>78696805
huh
>>
>>78696830
Now now, lets be fair. It did shut the Runaways fans up for five minutes.
>>
>>78696830
>A TEAM OF B-LISTERS NO ONE ASKED FOR!
But I did ask for Dazzler, Nico, and She-hulk. I very specifically asked for them. Not the horrible Bendis-redesigned version of Dazzler, but still, y'take what you can get. And Singularity a cute, which I'm always down for.

Fuck Medusa and Carol though.
>>
>>78696830
I was just happy to see Nico again
>>
>>78696894
No it didn't. It just got them to start bitching and moaning about Nico still having the witch arm and not being with the other Runaways.
>>
>>78696899
Yeah me too bro.

I wanted Dazzler back in fucking X-Men like classic X-Men 200ish.

I wanted Nico back with the Runaways. I want to forget Avengers Arena.

God dammit how hard is it to write a she-hulk story like the Peter Parker stories of the 60's. Just show she-hulk in her own solo that focuses on her life.

I hate the roster shake ups their doing now and the All New and All Different really won't last and feels it has as much weight as DCs Zerohour.
>>
>>78694365
So is she IRL-Kamela fangirl waifu tier, some SJW diversity hire, or something in between?
>>
>>78696805
So what you are saying is that it's stupid and only a buzzword to give legitmacy to a otherwise completly untalented side of the industry?
I agree, and if you don't you are an idiot.
>>
>>78697061
Cumdumpster.
>Kamela
>>
Isn't Medusa Willow's waifu since she did that Inhumans story about loli Medusa years ago?
>>
File: 1197351425_f.jpg (29KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
1197351425_f.jpg
29KB, 375x500px
>>78697070
>So what you are saying is that it's stupid and only a buzzword to give legitimacy to a otherwise completely untalented side of the industry?

No, Feminism is part of a broader methodology to portray men and women as social equals, with equal amounts of development, attention, and representation.

>I agree, and if you don't you are an idiot.

Ah, but I'm only an idiot in precrsis continuity, in the reboot I'm actually a genius.
>>
>>78697104
Yeah Willow actually seems to be into her with that story, plus including her into Kamala's story and A-force. She might actually like her.
>>
>>78697264
I'm not saying feminism (the ideology) itself is bad. Only that the recent push for "feminist/diverse comics" or "feminist approved" costume designs has honestly got tired like two fucking years ago.

Nothing but mischaracterizing old works done by hacks that want a shot at the big leagues by being "The New Up Incoming Writer that has a Vigina"(TM). It got tired after Gail Simone did it, Hell, she is the only one that has done that and been able to actually write something worth giving a fuck about. Everyone else just sucks.

And I hate the way it's fucking over this industry. If it honestly becomes mainstream to hate The Killing Joke because "lol Rape" then there is a problem.
>>
Hey, these comics are made by editors more than they're made by writers anyway.

(Though I think Marvel ought to go back to encouraging editors to move into writing if they want women writers. It's easier to get women to apply for editing jobs than writing jobs, and if you want a woman writer who understands super hero comics it makes sense to go to the editing pool.)

Amanat managed to move up after Stephen Wacker was kicked upstairs to the animation department. Like Wacker's second-in-command Ellie Pyle originally took over Daredevil, but then she left for Vertigo and Amanat got Daredevil. No harm, no foul. Editing's all about claiming your turf.
>>
>>78697496
Funny you mention Simone since she called out tumblr on their shit and got a lot of flak for it.
>>
>>78697496
Once Obama leaves office and the left slowly gets back in line due to right-wing opposition, then you'll see the internet calming down because they won't have leftist media for back up support. There's a reason why this shit took off after 2008.
>>
>>78697808
Anyone who takes their art remotely seriously can't go along with the Tumblr attitude.

Tumblr is basically soft Stalinism - they don't want to send artists to gulags, but they do judge all art on whether it sends the right Message to the People.

Tina Fey recently called it "a culture of demanding apologies" (talking about the demands that she apologize for a "racist" comedy episode). You just can't do good work if you have to second-guess everything you do for whether it Sends A Bad Message.
>>
>>78697962
Problematic thinking, anon!
>>
>>78697808
Gail has gone through a very positive change from her early days of "We shouldn't be like the Justice League, the Justice League should be like US!" to now. As I said, she has been the only writer that got a following by bitching about representation, got a job in the industry and actually wrote good works. Not a single other one has managed to repeat that transformation.
>>
>>78697496
>And I hate the way it's fucking over this industry.

It's the future, you better pucker up.
>>
>>78697749
Reminder that Ann Nocenti on Daredevil is still the last flagship Marvel hero to be written by a woman. Today the few women writers they have are all expected to write women superheroes only. Progress?
>>
>>78698058
>Progress?
Not at all. Marvel is even being racist because only black writers are allowed to write black characters.
>>
File: HAHA shiba.jpg (151KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
HAHA shiba.jpg
151KB, 640x480px
>>78697847
>Once Obama leaves office and the left slowly gets back in line due to right-wing opposition, then you'll see the internet calming down because they won't have leftist media for back up support. There's a reason why this shit took off after 2008.

You better adjust your tinfoil hat, buddy.

The republican party is in complete disarray and minimal chance of winning the election.
>>
>>78698086
Christopher Priest has talked about that, how at some point in the '00s he could only get work writing black characters, and he hated it because he knew it would cut him off from writing the big guns. He finally left mainstream comics after Marvel told him they were changing his "Captain America and the Falcon" book to a Falcon solo.
>>
>>78697962
>Anyone who takes their art remotely seriously can't go along with the Tumblr attitude.

Odd that so any writer and artists are on tumblr.

>Tumblr is basically soft Stalinism - they don't want to send artists to gulags, but they do judge all art on whether it sends the right Message to the People.

Hey guys, a social media website is Stalinism!

>Tina Fey recently called it "a culture of demanding apologies" (talking about the demands that she apologize for a "racist" comedy episode). You just can't do good work if you have to second-guess everything you do for whether it Sends A Bad Message.

Tina Fey doesn't care about black people.
>>
>>78696578
kek
>>
>>78698031
>It's the future, you better pucker up.
But why, thou?
After all this, are we (or DC and Marvel) any closer to the mythical "minority audience"?
Why is it that DC and Marvel have such fucking problem with getting this audience when other sides of the comics industry (namely Manga and French comics) have them by the (metaphorical) ball for decades?
Why is it that during my days in High School, there was always a little group of girl discussing manga but never comics?

Don't the big two realize that if you just try to sell the exact same Super Hero books in terms of tone, plot lines and backstory, but just change the MC to a minority, you aren't just going to magically get a new audience to read it?
At least DC has done it a little better with stuff like the recent Batgirl and Gotham Academy, they aren't my cup of tea, but you can understand why woman go nutz over it.
>>
>>78698184
>triggered
>>
>>78698548
>Super Hero books
Basically.
Stop trying shove capeshit in to everything.
Comics are a medium not a genre.
>>
>>78694365
Either EiC or she'll be poached by DC or angle herself into some kind of nice Guardian or NYT writing gig as a chief entertainment reporter (i.e. pushing social justice views).
>>
>>78696805
Man, I could go for some Silver Age Sally Slapwit right now.
>>
>>78698184
Go cry on your blog faggot
>>
>>78698793
>Guardian or NYT writing gig as a chief entertainment reporter (i.e. pushing social justice views).
That seems beneath her.
>>
>>78698548
>But why, thou?
>After all this, are we (or DC and Marvel) any closer to the mythical "minority audience"?

Yes. Marvel putting out more soft comedy books like Howard the Duck and Hellcat after Ms. Marvel is a sign of that.

>Why is it that DC and Marvel have such fucking problem with getting this audience when other sides of the comics industry (namely Manga and French comics) have them by the (metaphorical) ball for decades?

Manga has a completely different distribution and production model. French comics are also sort of impenetrable.

>Why is it that during my days in High School, there was always a little group of girl discussing manga but never comics?

Because manga is selfcontained, albeit sometimes heavily decompressed, in easy-to-follow numbered volumes. Not multigenerational superheroes.

>Don't the big two realize that if you just try to sell the exact same Super Hero books in terms of tone, plot lines and backstory, but just change the MC to a minority, you aren't just going to magically get a new audience to read it?

The old audience was ageing out regardless.

>At least DC has done it a little better with stuff like the recent Batgirl and Gotham Academy, they aren't my cup of tea, but you can understand why woman go nutz over it.

That's what Marvel is producing more of.
>>
>>78694365
>Sana Amanat
>Muslim who covered up Carol, and brought in Kamala.
>Regularly wears Arafat scarf which is represents solidarity with Muslim terrorists in the Palestinian areas
>>
File: news-graphics-2008-_438831a.jpg (52KB, 271x400px) Image search: [Google]
news-graphics-2008-_438831a.jpg
52KB, 271x400px
>>78699334
>>Regularly wears Arafat scarf which is represents solidarity with Muslim terrorists in the Palestinian areas

She's been regularly spotted with this man, believed to be a terrorist on jihad due to his excessive consumption of drugs and alcohol.

Keep on the lookout! And watch the skies!
>>
>>78699334
Blame Wacker for covering up Carol, it was his idea. He wanted the character to be marketed to the young end of the cosplay crowd and young girls' parents won't let them wear sexy costumes.
>>
>>78698793
>poached by DC
Doesn't this mostly work the other way around?
>>
>>78694365
hot, got nudes?
>>
>>78699334
Wacker covered her up not Sana.

He wanted a costume his little girl could wear for Halloween.
>>
File: 1450976241068.gif (68KB, 278x340px) Image search: [Google]
1450976241068.gif
68KB, 278x340px
>>78699813
>Marvel so desperate to push Carol they force their daughters to dress as her.
>>
>>78699198
>French comics are also sort of impenetrable.

I don't find this to be true at all. Just start from number 1, most series aren't sequels, so you don't have to be worried about being confused about narrative or storylines.
>>
>>78702602
yeah, French comics are maybe harder to find but easier to read cause they don't have as much overly drawn panelling. Usually more straight forward panelling, usually more complex stories and art thought
>>
I have only casually read some story times of Kamala on /co/, but she hardly looks to be a believer. I can hardly call her a Muslim. More like a hipster tier Muslim, like Wilson probably might be.

When they added the Muslim tag to her, I'd have loved for her to be more of a firm believer like Matt or Kurt, or a character based in Muslim folklore or mythology, like Spectre or something.
>>
>>78703408
She's just westernized. I grew up with a school worth of Kamalas in real life that only visit the masjid on occasion and only pray during Ramadan.
>>
>>78694365
Sana is cute

CUTE
>>
>>78704368
Pretty much like most christians in the west.
>>
>>78694429
>>78694501
>>78694660
>>78695001
>>78696285
>>78696591

So is it impossible for anyone not a white guy to be public doing...anything. without it being a diversity hire?
>>
>>78704476

Remember, if you don't like someone than they're a pretentious affirmative action hipster.
>>
>>78704476
It was tumblr who made that way. Blame them.
>>
>>78704671
>/co/ blames everyone for shitting up this board but /co/
>>
>>78694365
we at least got lewd pics of this semen demon?
>>
>>78704368
Yeah, and they only wore the hijab during Ramadan too.Then do their hair for Eid as soon as it was over. So I really don't get the people who find it odd Kamala doesn't wear a hijab.

My school in Canada would unofficially close twice a year every Eid because of the high Muslim population. i was very grateful the majority took two days off instead of one day off.
>>
>>78705555
You live in Canada too? My school did that as well. My school only did one day though.
>>
>>78694365
Now we know why marvel sucks and full race bend bullshit. SJW

Its being run by tumblr tier people
>>
>>78706150
How is Sana Amant "tumblr-tier"?
>>
It's because you people don't buy their shit and Tumblr does.

Simple as that.
>>
>>78706242
She's a brown, Muslim woman.

Therefore tumblr. Just being a woman makes her tumblr.
>>
>>78697264
True, however Patriarchy Theory is an irrational conspiracy theory without the colorful additions of lizard people and cool looking symbols. Its based on data that is either questionable and/or highly debatable. And its solutions to sexism in media is highly totalitarian, extremely debatable, and too simplistic to realistically work. Not too mention the response to these demands seem to be an increasing number of short term responses that seem more to profit on feminists than really listen or agree with their viewpoints. Or simply spew whatever their audience wants to hear for click-bait.

Its a shame your honest desire to change things for the better is devoted to theories and studies that are highly debatable if not outright laughable in their methodologies and conclusions.

At this point feminists are their own worse enemy, and pretending that their overall laudable goals supercede the very real problems in their methods, strategies, and theories is another mark against them. Ignoring problems and why people see feminists the way they do, or worse yet make up selfish and crude reasonings in order to shame/insult their critics is probably going to be the downfall of any good work they could hope to accomplish.

But I'm just a misogynistic shitlord...what do I know?
>>
>>78699174
Becoming an influential/popular writer for liberal publications with tons more reach would probably beat being in charge of the branch of the company you work for whose content is generally only read by a few tens of thousands of people.
>>
>>78694617
Bendis would never go for that position I think. He'd basically have to retire from writing which he'll never do. At most he'll scale back what he does and focus a bit more on teaching comics at the University of Oregon or wherever it is his classes are.
>>
>>78694632
>Ms. Marvel is made by a white girl
*written by a white girl. Amanat created the Character. Admittedly, it was probably sort of a Stan Lee sort of creation where she went "Pakistani Muslim girl, her name is Kamala Khan, she's an Inhuman with stretching powers, and she's the new Ms. Marvel. Go write it."
>>
>>78695073
>He has 2 shows based on his creations, Powers and Jessica Jones, and someday Mile Morales will be the next Spider-man in movies or TV.
Daisy Johnson is his creation too, so basically 3 shows based on his creations.
>>
>>78704476
Given the current climate yes. Brevoort is obviously the guy most suited for the position (he'll get passed up like always).

I'd say that Amanat is probably in the top 3 to replace Alonso if he ever steps down along with Mark Paniccia and Bill Rosemann maybe. Maybe they bring Stephen Wacker back to the comics side from the animation branch.

But Rosemann or Paniccia are white guys and in the current climate it'd look better to promote a woman of color to a somewhat meaningless position (it's obvious Disney is dictating the direction of the comics and that Alonso's more of a middle man).
>>
>>78694365
Seriously co-creator?

I'd love for atleast one interview to be with the white chick from Jersey who's been writing the character.
>>
>>78695557
Kamala is the type of girl who would grow up and hate her religion
She's the exact type of dignified brown person that Americans love to adore
>>
>>78695540
Ayatollah Assaholah
>>
>>78703408
Specifics of the Muslim faith are a bit of a difficult topic and not relatable for a broad Western audience.
They would need to get explainy and derail the story to do it any justice.
And then they would be bombarded with allegations of indoctrination. Yes, even more.
So Kamala is kept relatable (and close to Amanat) as a Paki-flavored Jersey girl.
Her brother is purposefully the other side of integration. The rejection of Western value systems and clinging to religious literalism as a foundation of identity.
Aamir is not a bad guy though, because that would dictate an arc about how terrible religion is and that would destroy the positive concept of the book. As well as alienate the demographic they are trying to reach.
>>
File: 1274930692265_f.jpg (87KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1274930692265_f.jpg
87KB, 500x375px
>>78706565
>True, however Patriarchy Theory is an irrational conspiracy theory without the colorful additions of lizard people and cool looking symbols. Its based on data that is either questionable and/or highly debatable. And its solutions to sexism in media is highly totalitarian, extremely debatable, and too simplistic to realistically work. Not too mention the response to these demands seem to be an increasing number of short term responses that seem more to profit on feminists than really listen or agree with their viewpoints. Or simply spew whatever their audience wants to hear for click-bait.
>Its a shame your honest desire to change things for the better is devoted to theories and studies that are highly debatable if not outright laughable in their methodologies and conclusions.
>At this point feminists are their own worse enemy, and pretending that their overall laudable goals supercede the very real problems in their methods, strategies, and theories is another mark against them. Ignoring problems and why people see feminists the way they do, or worse yet make up selfish and crude reasonings in order to shame/insult their critics is probably going to be the downfall of any good work they could hope to accomplish.
>But I'm just a misogynistic shitlord...what do I know?

tl;dr
>>
>>78699496
Colin's not a Muslim. Just an idiot. Like the hipsters that wear them. Though I suspect Sana is very familiar with it's significance.
>>
File: Keffiyeh9.jpg (22KB, 186x274px) Image search: [Google]
Keffiyeh9.jpg
22KB, 186x274px
>>78711389
>Colin's not a Muslim.

Kahlin Bin Drinkin is a well known terrorist cell leader. He even has connections to the IRA.

>Just an idiot. Like the hipsters that wear them. Though I suspect Sana is very familiar with it's significance.

Chris Brown, well known thespian, obviously wears it to express solidarity with Islam.
>>
shes the idea-guy, the most respected member of any team

>lets make a brown muslim hipster girl hero
>my parts done, the rest of you make it happen
>>
So, when does this happen?
>>
>>78711361
Best Clown checking in
>>
>>78695246
>Marvel just puts Amanat out there for some reason
Yeah, I wonder what that reason is...
>>
>>78695452
Wonder what Wilson would say if you asked her about her thoughts about what happened in Cologne.
>>
>>78694365
>TEDxteen talk
What the fuck?
>>
>>78696002
It explains why the book feels like an early 2000s Marvel comic too which is another strike against it since outside of the X-Men I hated most of Marvel's output during that period until around 2005 or so.
>>
>>78707956
that class has to be misery
>>
>>78696173
I also don't understand how you can spend years in a Muslim culture and then decide that, as a woman, Islam is the place to be and totally compliant with western progressive values.

I mean it's not like Egyptian muslims treat western, white journalists well anyway. Look at what happened to Lara Logan a few years back. Likely it comes down to why most lefties defend Islam: fuck you dadism. It's different from America and muslims in America (and Britain and such) are "oppressed" and thus surely anything negative you hear about it, or even see about it, is just bullshit. You need to fight back against the man. And when the clash between the foreign non-western culture's actual actions and your feminist/western progressive values happens, then feminism can take a back seat as we're seeing with the massive cover up and victim blaming happening in regards to the Muslim rape gangs in Cologne over New Year's.
>>
>>78708076
Has she written any of the ms marvel books? I don't see her making the James bond reference with the name really.

>>78708284
don't reply to pasta
>>
So are they gonna blindside us with an announcement?
>>
>>78711588
You're retarded. Yes idiot celebrities and hipsters have adopted it as a fashion accessory but it doesn't change the fact that that particular style of keffiyeh (black and white with a "fishnet" pattern and worn around the neck) comes from Yasser Arafat and the Palestinian nationalism movement.

The fact of the matter is that it's a symbol of terrorism that's been turned into a piece of fashion.
>>
>>78715585
>The fact of the matter is that it's a symbol of terrorism that's been turned into a piece of fashion.

Which is honestly great because it pisses all over the original cause, like those t-shirts with Che Guevara's face pissing all over his retarded jungle socialism.
>>
>>78694365
>Also this event will finally cause Tom Brevoort's head to explode.
Dude, EIC is nothing but a scapegoat and a puppet for Brevoort, Alonso certainly is one and so will she because she won't get there without him and is already one of his people.
>>
File: Trump Armstrong.png (529KB, 925x519px) Image search: [Google]
Trump Armstrong.png
529KB, 925x519px
>>
>>78696329
That entire debate was bullshit.

Original article was something a soccer mom would write "GIIIIIRLS IN MY BOY COMICS? OH HEAVENS, THEY HAVE TITS!"

Willow could write back anything as a retort to sound like the better person, it smelled like a shitty PR concept.
>>
>>78697496
All you have to do is look at Dynamite's female characters

Sales are low, they need a boost. WE NEED TO MAKE THEM MORE SJW FRIENDLY - Hire SJW writers/artists, redesign them with tumblr audience in mind.

Wait for people to give a fuck when it most likely won't happen in the long run. Sure, they can use their connections to promote the book (Hell, when is Lumberjanes not being proclaimed the best thing ever or not included in a humble bundle comic deal or CMX sale?) but they can only do so much to generate buzz where proven numbers of purchase history won't add up.

Comics are just rough, just imagine trying to make it without being part of the trendy crowd.
>>
File: 346346.jpg (1MB, 1914x2344px) Image search: [Google]
346346.jpg
1MB, 1914x2344px
SO

PROGRESSIVE
>>
>>78722562
I know that pic is for big two stuff but I feel like the Archie reboot should be included.
>>
>>78696805
Man, tumblr fashion has gotten out of control.
>>
>>78700146
I'm sure Joe Q dresses his daughter up as Carol every chance he gets.
>>
>>78711361
>tl;dr

Patriarchal theory is a load of shit and pretending that there are no real problems with what feminists say and how they want to accomplish it and its all about equality is not helping anything?
>>
>>78708840
>I'd say that Amanat is probably in the top 3 to replace Alonso if he ever steps down along with Mark Paniccia and Bill Rosemann maybe.

Where the hell are you getting this shit from? Mark Panaccia has no chance to replace anyone. He is not even in the running. The fact is made very clear with the fact that he was given the X-books (and before that FF), both of which are/were in the doghouse with Marvel management.

If we are being honest neither does she. Other than Ms. Marvel and a bunch of other indielist type books and being Wacker's protege, she doesn't have any of the major portfolios currently. Best and most likely successor is Nick Lowe given that he currently has the Spider-books.
>>
File: 1191283766_f.jpg (26KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
1191283766_f.jpg
26KB, 375x500px
>>78722877
>Patriarchal theory is a load of shit and pretending that there are no real problems with what feminists say and how they want to accomplish it and its all about equality is not helping anything?

You're wrong. HONK HONK.
Thread posts: 220
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.