[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transformers vs. GI Joe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 253
Thread images: 233

File: image.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
Come let us read the series that started the year good and ended this year as spectacular and my book of the year.

Tom Scioli
John Barber

Let's Rock!
>>
>>
>>
>>78689975
it has been surprisingly good
the last optimus/destro cover was awesome, I'd love it as a poster
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>78690012
It very quickly jumped past the premise into just pure comic references and insanity and amazing characters and action.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Then again it does just start out the gate with this.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>78690211
This page is supposed to be a FFVI reference right?
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
I don't give a shit about either franchise and this is still book of the year for me.
>>
>>
>>78690325
I have the weirdest interests in the properties outside this comic as well.

Beast Wars
the GI Joe animated movie
Transformers 3 and 4
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
As much as I like when they get together, this early stuff where the Joe's have no idea what is happen and are acting all macho is fantastic.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
I don't get how Tom Scioli isn't one of the most talked about cartoonists on here, outside of his experimental comics he did on his website and in zines it seems like /co/ would love all the stuff he's been apart of
>>
The issue where people took notice.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>78690636
I do not understand what /co/ as a board enjoys generally so I dunno
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Venom is so great in this early part of the book.
>>
>>
>>
>>
Every time I read this series this page makes me grin from ear to ear
>>
>>
>>
if i've read some things right, i think he actually uses crayon to color these pages
>>
>>
>>78690837
that is the first layer yeah.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>78690636
I think Scioli is years ahead of his time. This series in particular will definitely be a talking point years from now as great pop-art.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>78690812
This is the best page I've seen in years.
>>
>>
>>78690508
>box simply labled '?'
>>
>>78690959
You must not have kept reading then there are things coming.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Megatron trophy game is strong.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>78689975
>Scioli abandoned his political career after losing to Macri in december and now draws comics

nice
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Flagg is the best Hero and Villain in the whole book. Still not convinced he won't just betray everyone later.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
This cliffhanger is so good in retrospect because of how good the next issue is.
>>
I could not give less of a shit about these two franchises but goddamn Scioli is doing such crazy shit I gotta read on. I hate it bc it makes me waver on shitting on licensed comics across the board
>>
This is the issue where it all changed and went from a pretty good comic to FUCK YES I can not wait for each month.

>>78691861
It does make me reconsider certain perceptions, still haven't gotten any others yet.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
wtf snake eyes can talk
>>
>>
>>
My jaw hit the floor and I fell in love with this comic...
>>
Yo Joe indeed.

Goddamn this page
>>
>>
>>
>>
Oh I hope you don't mind we work through our love of Frank Miller's Elektra in the middle of this GI Joe / Transformers comic.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
this and hip-hop family tree are the best comics out this year
>>
>>
The stakes only get bigger and better from here.

>>78692207
I only read Hip Hop in the big versions of those books.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>78692295
That page is basically the same as the final page of Elektra Assassin
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
I love when he does splashes
>>
>>78692253
i meant to say hip-hop family tree volume 3. i read it in the trade collections myself because it reads better that way imo
>>
So I really hope this series because it is IDW get an Artist Edition one day.
>>
>>
>>
Megatron makes a pretty spectacular Darkseid
>>
>DAT INVERTED PANEL
>>
>>
Pax Megatronus > Pax Americana
>>
We will pick back up with the main plot in a short bit now for an interlude.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
A message that is the perfect blend of in series and inspiration and what is needed.
>>
>>
>>
>>
Fire from the Gods is a pretty good origin and a pretty good way to tie the two together.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Ssssssstay Classsssssy
>>
Ended 2015 with this look at the world that evil has won.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
It looses some of the impact online but page turns knives to the face are always great.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
A bit more of a history Lesson.
>>
Cross the River Styx into 2016

That is all until later this month.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>78691286
Yes. Just yes.
>>
Literally the best comic ever made.
>>
>>78690812
One of the best pages ever in a comic.
>>
Goddamn. This is brilliant madness distilled in comic form.
>>
>>78689975
Snake Eyes does not give a fuck.
>>
>>78690589
Given we're seeing more Insecticons in issue 11, it'll be interesting to learn more about them.
>>
I have no idea what I just read, but it was great. Thank you.
>>
>>78693093
Do you have the text story as well?
Thread posts: 253
Thread images: 233

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.