[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MARVEL Announce 'Story Thus Far' Variants For Ongoings's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 9

File: ironman6.jpg (1MB, 919x1395px) Image search: [Google]
ironman6.jpg
1MB, 919x1395px
So yeah, it's the previous step to make everthing 6-issues miniseries as green lantern corps.

>Variants in February and March will include All-New Inhumans #5, All-New X-Men #4, Amazing Spider-Man #9, Carnage #5, Deadpool #8, Doctor Strange #5, Extraordinary X-Men #8, Guardians of the Galaxy #6, Invincible Iron Man #6 and Spider-Man 2099 #8.

Shown here in the variant cover for Invicible Iron Man by #6 by Julian Totino Tedesco, in stores on Feb. 3.

>Marvel will continue the program beyond March for appropriate titles.
>>
So, I'll get recap cover, recap page and characters will recap previous issue in comic?
>>
>>78687353
These may look like movie posters.
>>
>>78687353
are those jedi in the background?

lmfao
>>
>>78687523
iirc in the second chapter he fought ninjas with laser swords and used some iron samurai armor or some such shit.
>>
Why so many redheads?
>>
>>78687601
We have to remember it's MJ.
MJ?
MJ.
>>
>>78687601
>>78687635
Is Spidey cuc'ked again?
>>
>>78687644
Bendis already has Tony with a girlfriend, he says he has different plans for MJ.

Peter's showing up sometime in the next storyline
>>
>>78687644
Did you miss all those Spider-Cuck threads?
>>
>>78687601
pepper pots
black widow
mary jane
all new all differente redhead
>>
>>78687653
I stopped reading Slott's Spider-Man after that arc with Morlun and shit
>>
>>78687653
Daily reminder Pete's still married to MJ in the dailes. 29 years and counting.
>>
>>78687670
is it good?
>>
>>78687667
That explains it.
>>78687670
Who's writing that?
>>
>>78687679
Stan has his name on it, but it's said it's usually Roy Thomas and Larry Lieber taking turns
>>
>>78687677
It's pretty silly actually...but way better than Slott.
>>
>>78687689
I'll give it a try. From what I see, it looks like old timey Spidey, both in art and writing.
>>
>>78687601
The one with the microphone is MJ
The one using the holographic screens is FRIDAY
I think the one with the champagne flute is supposed to be that doctor that Tony's been dating. But she's not a redhead.
>>
>>78687353
It looks like any other generic cover to me.

Are they running out of themes for the variants? Do they have to make them up on the spot?
>>
That be a good variant for DC for all the issue 52 coming out in may
>>
>>78687764
>Are they running out of themes for the variants?
I think of some of those such themes
>June should be the old Marvel Universe commemorative variant cover theme
>Make characters become ducks
>Cartoon-themed variants
>>
>>78687812
>Make characters become ducks
No, no, no. Even better idea. Put Howard the Duck on every cover!
>>
>>78687651
>he says he has different plans for MJ.
Yeah, just having her be a fuck buddy.

Tony will bone her, his current lady will get pissed, break things off and Tony will get all upset and just hook up with MJ. There is the story right there.
>>
>>78687822
It was already done last year with the "What the Duck" variant cover month which Howard hijacked selected famous art pieces and moments in history.
>>
This is a double edge sword.

In one hand the good i like (Hércules,visión,black knight) will atract now new readers and that is good Those book a are good.

In the other hand this mean bad books like Squirrel girl, hellcat, star-lord will also get new readers

At the end of the day there is no way marvel can screw up
>>
>>78689993
House of Ideas, true believer! If we can rehash stories, we can rehash covers!
>>
>>78690204
No? This'll do neither of those things. All this will do is give another variant cover for collectors to get and spend too much money on, thus artificially inflating sales because these are no doubt incentive covers.
>>
File: 1449120786990.gif (2MB, 252x280px) Image search: [Google]
1449120786990.gif
2MB, 252x280px
>>78687353
Damn if i havent hated the word varient before today.
Like Marvel just write good stories, instead of using gimmicks to sell. Dont you have a soul any more?
>>
>>78690204
Squirrel Girl is selling like shit even with variants.
>>
>>78690416
But it's selling okay both in trades in digital.
>>
>>78690392
That's what DC did and look what happened to them.
>>
>>78690437
Mostly just trades. I don't think its comixology rank was all that high.

Its trade sales are among Marvel's best though.
>>
Speaking of Invincible Iron Man #6, here's the official unlettered preview.

>Strap in, suit up and hold on, because the second arc of the flagship Marvel title starts here! Today, Marvel is please to present your first look inside INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #6 – the explosive first chapter of “The War Machines”! Blockbuster creators Brian Michael Bendis and Mike Deodato unite to bring you the next chapter in Tony Stark’s life. All is not right within the house of Stark as he uncovers threats from within and threats from without. Now, he must delve into the nooks and crannies of his international organization to discover the truth. And he’s bringing a friend: James “Rhodey” Rhodes – the War Machine! Plus, the first big clues to 2016’s CIVIL WAR II begin here! Don’t miss the kickoff to the exciting new storyline and a perfect jumping on point this February in INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #6!
>>
>>78690608
>>
>>78690619
>>
>>78690608
>flagship Marvel title
Flagship?
>>
>>78690627
>>
>>78690637
>>
What a variant cover by Skottie Young.

After Invincible Iron Man #5 I will not read Bendis shit in the ANAD Marvel Universe anymore.

FIN
>>
>>78690204
none of these books will get new readers by this. Do you really understand what Bendis is doing Iron Man by that cover alone?
>>
>>78690461
>That's what DC did and look what happened to them.

They kept their dignity?
>>
>>78690673
Dunno what took you so long. You should leave first time Bendis went Victor Von Doom. Victor Von Doom, did you say Victor Von Doom?
>>
>>78690727
No i dont, i dont read Bendis what is going on with iron man now ?
>>
>>78690745
At the cost of their sales, yes.
>>
>>78690745
Dignity is an obstacle that keep you from making money
t. EA Barbosa
>>
>>78690461
But most of the times theur variants make sense.
Its a Flash anniversary? He gets some variants.
Wanna market in Harley's popular you get one too.
Thus kinda sorta make sense.
A recap variant seems out if place and even more gimmicky than the hip hop ones. And after 6 issues? Unless alot of shit happened durng those six issues.

Like come up with better ideas. Why not make fun if SW being delayed by having "replacement" parody covers.

This seems about as unnecessary as those fucking IM variants.
>>
>>78687353
This is the funniest, less thought shit I have seen in a while. Like how does Marvel expect new readers to go to a store and pick a variant that outright tells you, you are starting in the middle, that costs way more than a regular cover, and it's completely indecipherable. I mean I identify Stark, probably Masque, some ninjas? two readheads probably one is Pepper, a singer, a guy in a suit that is being controlled by Doom?, and all that didn't tell me fucking anything. The only people who would want to buy this are the regular buyers who don't need a recap. Who thought of this shit?
>>
>>78690825
My point was that DC focuses on telling good stories rather than abusing gimmicks to sell so they can keep their dignity, and as a result, they don't sell.
>>
>>78687563
Something that retarded can only be written by Bendis.
>>
>>78690773
>>78690791
>money is more important than reputation
Kikes pls go
>>
>>78691521
Their reputation is bad too because nobody knows about any of the good things they're actually doing
>>
>>78687353
I haven't read IIM at all and this cover tells me nothing

I mean, it looks okay, but it's not recapping shit
>>
>>78691623
That means these variant cover and comic are just for you, true believer!
>>
>>78687670
And to think most people would freak over the idea of Stan Lee writing their favorite character, but there's something he always gets right.
>>
>>78690392

Stop posting this ugly motherfucker.
>>
>>78691623
It's not recapping shit, but at least it's telling who's involved in the story. Dr. Doom is there and is a boring businessman in a suit now, Tony has been under attack by bland ninjas with lightsabers, there's Madame Masque and three redheads who look the same, some of which might be the same person, and probably one of them is Mary Jane and the other Pepper... Y'know right, you're right, this sucks shit at getting people up to speed.
>>
>>78691844
Only two of them are redheads and neither are Pepper. The one in the bottom left is actually sri lankan. Black hair, dark skin. The lighting of the cover makes that hard to tell though.
>>
>>78691918
>The one in the bottom left is actually sri lankan. Black hair, dark skin. The lighting of the cover makes that hard to tell though.
But it's clearly red on the cover...
>>
>>78691918
That's even more confusing then. So, the one in the bottom right doing the beep boops is not Pepper?
>>
>>78691447
It also had a retarded monologue while he was fighting them
>>
>>78691994
Nah, look again. It's black, but her whole body has an orange outline that makes her hair look red as a result.
>>
>>78691999
No, that's Friday. Tony's AI assistant. Top right is MJ.
>>
>>78687353
MARY JEAN???

WHY THE FUCK?
>>
>>78687353
I'm digging this variant
>>
>>78692899
You'll just have to pick up the comic to find out! :^)
>>
>>78687353
That's a cool idea, best variants since the hip-hop ones.
>>
>>78692899
Her appearance so far I was fine with mostly because it was the universe literally shitting on her for thinking she could escape being sucked into the vortex that is superhero plot by leaving NYC.

You're Peter Parker's big ex and the OTP for a million Spider-Man fans, you're never escaping this shit and it is only a brief reprieve you're in someone else's book rather than ASM.
>>
>>78694238
>Parker luck is contagious
>>
File: 1428810599606.png (250KB, 529x361px) Image search: [Google]
1428810599606.png
250KB, 529x361px
>yfw Marvel just starts selling covers for 3.99
>no 20 pages, just the cover with a mosaic resembling a story
>>
>>78694457
You know they'll publish collection of hiphop variants, right?
>>
>>78694546
Yeah but that doesn't count, those are free.
>>
>>78694457
Wouldn't that just be a print/small poster? 3.99 doesn't seem that outlandish for a print.
>>
>>78690627
>>78690637
>>78690647
Who's art is this? It looks like someone colored over 3D models.
>>
>>78695574
Deodatto, and that's probably because that's exactly what he did.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.