[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So who else am I seeing in the first year of Character Animation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 13

So who else am I seeing in the first year of Character Animation in September?
>>
my big throbbing cock
>>
>>78671070
Ill be banging models and fashion majors at a fraction of the price at FIT. Also... im going into toy design. Still, SVA is a fortune. Good luck Animation bro.
>>
>>78671282
Aw thanks, bro! I also applied to Calarts, but I haven't heard from them, yet. Good luck at FIT.
>>
>>78671070
Not me. But i do study at one of the only two informative illustration schools in Europe. We will begin animation next year, 2D and 3D. I'm afraid my 3D ones will look like arse because i can't into 3D modelling and tech in general.
>>
File: 4 years of visual arts.png (486KB, 1250x181px) Image search: [Google]
4 years of visual arts.png
486KB, 1250x181px
>>78671070
>School of Visual Arts
Promise me you will do better than this faggot, OP. You promise me that.
>>
>>78671070
>Going to school for art

Anon no
>>
I'm going to the Kubert school, but I'm gonna try to get a bachelors at the Art Institutes first
>>
Hey, have fun dude. If you see John Dilworth around, give him a high five. Poor bastard needs it right 'bout now.
>>
File: SCAN0037.jpg (2MB, 3424x2480px) Image search: [Google]
SCAN0037.jpg
2MB, 3424x2480px
>>78671806
He went to SVA? Wow. Well, I made this model sheet while I was bored on the way to see the Iron Giant in theaters, last year. What do you think, /co/?
>>
>>78671898
most people don't go to expensive school to learn more than they might at various other colleges, they go for the connections to students, professors, resources, and the prestige
>>
>>78672009
it looks exactly the fucking same as kirbs GARBAGE
>>
File: 1451897772609.jpg (3KB, 105x124px) Image search: [Google]
1451897772609.jpg
3KB, 105x124px
>>78672009
Practice LOADS, work on the eyes especially.
>>
>>78672109
>exactly the same
He did that model sheet last year, anon.
>>
>>78672009
Draw from real life. And draw for at least one hour a day.
Don't go for a 'style' like you seem to do now. Before you can make a style, you'll need to be able to learn proportions, perspective, volume and weight-points. When you can draw from real life, you can draw any style you want because you now know the fundamentals for it.
>>
>>78672009
You UTTER GARBAGE

I WISH YOU BAD LUCK AT THAT ANIMATION SCHOOL

Fuck this shit! I draw better than you! I wish I had oodles of monies to throw away at a fucking school.

FUCK REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: SCAN0019.jpg (2MB, 2480x3424px) Image search: [Google]
SCAN0019.jpg
2MB, 2480x3424px
>>78672228
Yeah, I kinda did that for my Calarts' application.
>>
>>78672228
>When you can draw from real life, you can draw any style you want because you now know the fundamentals for it.

Total bullshit. I'd like to see Alex Ross try to draw anime. Why do people parrot obvious lies?
>>
>>78671070
a good chunk of the SU crew went there (Rebecca Sugar, Ian JQ, Kat Morris, Paul Villeco, Hilary Florido, Aleth Romanillos, Danny Hynes, and probably a few others)
>>
>>78672009
Congratulations on creating our future waifu of the month. I'm already into her.
>>
I can barely control my hands. I can type, sure, but I can't tie my shoes or shave my face. I cry when I think about how third grade doodles are better than my stick figures.

I want everyone in this thread to know that getting into an art school doesn't matter. Becoming a professional cartoonist doesn't matter. All that matters is visual literacy and the ability to take your ideas for cartoons and actually draw them out instead of trying to describe them with words.
>>
File: Alex_ross_shazam_cartoon.jpg (249KB, 1400x554px) Image search: [Google]
Alex_ross_shazam_cartoon.jpg
249KB, 1400x554px
>>78672452
Its not as though Alex is incapable of cartooning, though he is being simplistic. Ross would likely have to study the style he's trying to emulate to do so correctly. However I'd imagine good fundamentals will make the process far easier
>>
>>78672452
>>78673190

Good fundamentals make the process incredibly easier. Without foundation, you're just fumbling around trying to replicate the lines and shapes of the art style. With foundation, you already know what those lines and shapes represent, so it's just a matter of altering your drawing slightly to mimic it.
>>
>>78671070
Ah, another guy in the"studying animation next year" boat. I'd be glad to accompany you while the people in this thread call us blithering autists.

You're going to a pure-art place? Right now I'm looking at my choices between two of the general film schools in Los Angeles as opposed to somewhere like SVA (Didn't even try applying to CalArts; my art's nowhere near good enough and they don't even look at your fucking test scores.) Right now my plan is to do Screenwriting with a minor or supplemental in animation and see where that takes me. I already got into one, but the other's going to take a while longer (and will be exponentially harder to get into in all likelihood.)
>>
>>78672009
this looks like some weeaboo tween shit
>>
>>78674098
>Screenwriting
>Animation

I want to make fun of you but now I just feel bad. I hope your life turns out okay anon.
>>
>>78671898
If you want a career in art... you should go to art school. Your teachers will get you jobs if youre good. You'll make great contacts which will help you get work. Art school isn't about making you a better artist, which incidentally it will, its about getting you into the workplace.
Its also about banging freaky art chicks.
>>
>>78674647
I know the process is different, pal. If anything the animation would just be more of a hobby and a prayer that animation could involve actual writers instead of artists who just throw in a story.
>>
>>78675135
The majority of cartoons airing right now actually use scripts. It's just the sparring few that are board-driven (Adventure Time, Steven, Spongebob).

Gravity Falls, Rick & Morty, Fairly Oddparents, Bob's Burgers, Moonbeam City, Bojack, Venture Brothers, etc have scripts first.

I'm pretty sure Phineas & Ferb, Amazing World of Gumball, and Teen Titans Go! are also script-driven, but didn't want to lump them in just in case I was wrong.
>>
>>78672389
The best tip I can give you is to draw what you see, not what you think you see.
As for >>78672009 I dunno about this, man. Drawing 3D shapes before making the torso, head, etc really does help though.
>>
File: 1324521348402.gif (3MB, 222x125px) Image search: [Google]
1324521348402.gif
3MB, 222x125px
>>78671070
exchange student here, i'm going there in a few days. 3rd year though.

i-am-dutch on skype.

i need friends in new york.
>>
File: 1428007270549.png (735KB, 752x728px) Image search: [Google]
1428007270549.png
735KB, 752x728px
>>78671070
>>78671282
>Tfw interested in both schools
>Have no faith or support
>Now stuck at a CUNY
But best of luck to you two this year, really
>>
>>78674673
So much this. I slept with girls from Mexico, Iran, and Taiwan.
>>
Studying at San Jose

Relatively cheap and in-state.
>>
>>78678411
I'm still trying to figure out Skype, but I'll keep your name.
>>
starting at SCAD for animation on Wednesday, just moved in today. Gonna be interesting
>>
>>78684370
I was originally going to apply for SCAD, but it's expensive as fuck, but maybe that's just 'cause I'm out-of-state. Are you a native Georgian?
>>
>>78679038
Which CUNY?
>>
>>78671070
God damn, hope you're not taking any student loans for that, your employment in the field is so unlikely and the degree is useless. You'd be better off starting a webcomic or something if you want to art for a living.
>>
>>78672009
That is about as bad as it gets, anon. If you got accepted into a program with those skills it's proof that they only wanted your tuition money, they don't actually think they'll make an animator out of you.
>>
>>78674673
>If you want a career in art... you should go to art school. Your teachers will get you jobs if youre good
Pff, this is what art schools want people to think so naive people will pay fortunes to get in. Nobody in my art program got jobs through the teachers, we got them by shilling ourselves to possible employers and showing our portfolios around. Most places didn't care a damn where I had gone to school, just what my previous work experiences were and what my work looked like. At my current job they didn't even ask if I had an art degree at all until I was aready hired and the subject came up during a lunch break.

the only reason to go to an art school is if you actually believe that they can make you a better artist than what you can on your own. Which is true for people who have a hard time studying without supervision and professional guidance, but don't think they'll just hand you a job there.
>>
File: message.jpg (127KB, 799x444px) Image search: [Google]
message.jpg
127KB, 799x444px
>>78671070
>Calarts
Director, Storyboard or Bust

>Ringling
Guaranteed Job at Dreamworks/Disney/Pixar/LAIKA but as a drone

>SVA
>SCAD
Good Luck and work your ass off if you actually want to go anywhere.

Art School is mostly for connections.
>>
File: fluid-effects.gif (1MB, 751x422px) Image search: [Google]
fluid-effects.gif
1MB, 751x422px
post work people
>>
File: triceratops profile.png (539KB, 2000x1696px) Image search: [Google]
triceratops profile.png
539KB, 2000x1696px
>>78692770
btw, this had more frames, but i needed to remove some to be able to post it.
>>
>>78671070
You're an idiot if you go to college without having the funds to pay for it. I'm applying to Calarts next year but I've got the money. It's not worth putting yourself in debt.
>>
>>78692801
Then fucking make a webbum of that shit, senpai.
>>
File: xj9 amused.png (3KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
xj9 amused.png
3KB, 300x300px
>>78672009
haha, that's not a model sheet
>>
>>78671070
>tfw live close to ringling but want to go to calarts

Ringaling doesn't even have a traditional animation program. What the HECK?
>>
>>78692858
oh good idea, i might.
>>
I guess this would be a good place to ask. If I want to go to school for writing comics, is there a place to go that looks better than just going to any school and getting a degree in some kind of writing?
>>
Why pay out the ass for lessons when you can just teach yourself using the internet for free?
>>
File: 049.jpg (129KB, 620x877px) Image search: [Google]
049.jpg
129KB, 620x877px
>>78675135
>>78675402
I'd love to animate for someone with a decent script once i finish my education. I work best if i am given strict lines and would prefer it over board-driven material. I'm actually surprised and just thought every show had scripts first.
>>
>>78693215
In my country, college is free and actually give me money if i attend 75% or more of the courses that i apply for.
Can't hear you over me learning to animate.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.