[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
Frozen 2
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 53
File: freeze la freeze.jpg (683 KB, 900x637) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
freeze la freeze.jpg
683 KB, 900x637
What will Frozen 2 be about?
>>
>>78657799
kirakurikerekurokisarekirita
>>
Heterosexuals.
>>
sexuality and morality about sibling intimacy
>>
>>78657799
About not losing your way.
>>
>>78657799
They gotta find out who killed their dad


King Neptune's gonna have a field day with Elsa
>>
Satan taking over Arendale.
>>
An hour and a half of Elsa preparing an elaborate birthday party for Sven.
>>
money
>>
>>78657909
The Duke of not-Sweden comes back to jew not-Norway out of their resources?
>>
A 3rd sister will suddenly appears
>>
Putting acquired licenses to use as the lands of Arendelle are invaded by both Star Wars and Marvel.
>>
>>78657799
Forbidden love between an aunt and her cute twin nieces (or maybe a niece and nephew to cover all the bases).
>>
A hot chad Viking for Elsa's love Interest.

Elsa is a frost giants baby that got switched at birth.
>>
File: Helsa_headshoulder.png (386 KB, 540x764) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Helsa_headshoulder.png
386 KB, 540x764
>>78657799
Redemption, then Shipping.
>>
Elsa's ice powers become increasingly more elaborate until she discovers she can use them to travel through time. Time and Space Adventures commence.
>>
>>78658297
>Disney buys BBC
>Disney now owns Doctor Who
>Elsa and/or Anna become the Doctor's Companions.
>>
>>78657799
>Frozen 2: The Quest for More Money

Shilling more Disney Princess products
>>
>>78657799
elsa and ana travel to china.
>>
So help me, if the movie is about how Elsa accidentally gives her powers to Anna who can't control them and freezes the whole kingdom again..
>>
>>78657799
FROZEN BUT WITH BOYS AND FLAMES
>>
>>78658077
this picture makes me go on my knees and suck his dick
>>
>>78658556
>muh random fear and xenophobia
>identity politics labels for everyone
go back to pol brainwashed shillbaby
>>
>>78658297
I would watch this
>>
>>78658258
This tbqhfam.

There's going to be (hopefully)
- Elsa coming to terms with balancing her powers, and struggling with the realities of ruling
- Anna and Kristoff's relationship growing, finally Kristoff singing properly, maybe they'll argue but there will be an engagement if not wedding by the end
- perhaps more backstory on Kristoff and maybe him reacting a bit to the impending change in identity should he become a royal fiance
- a proper, threatening, new villain who is not Hans
- Hans might be flaunted as the red herring villain in the beginning though.
- Hans backstory and character development, and we'll see the Southern Isles more
- for some reason, Hans has a reason to oppose the big bad along with the sisters, and the mutual enemy gets them on the same side
- eventually he redeems himself, possibly through a Flynn/Anna/Baymax etc type Disney almost-death sacrifice. Love heals everything, and even though people make bad choices when they're mad or scared or stressed they can turn their lives around etc, lovely message
- possibly he won't be the full-on love interest for Elsa by the end, but they'll be at least tentatively friendly, have some snarky banter and there'll be some long looks that shippers can interpret as proof their ship exists

All in all it'll focus more on Elsa and her character development. Frozen I was Anna's movie. II will give the spotlight to either Elsa alone or Elsa and Anna together
>>
>>78658556
>>78658675
>not "Frozen 2: Elsa's New Hat"
>>
>>78658899
Go back to /cringe/, you autist.
>>
I want legit political issues.
>>
File: 1419339345973.png (90 KB, 229x218) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1419339345973.png
90 KB, 229x218
>>78658792
I'd like this
>>
>>78659986
Fellow Senators, Honored delegates. A tragedy has engulfed our nation, which started right here with the taxation of trade routes.
>>
Doubt F2 will make enough money to break into the Top 10, two more flicks and the original movie will be off the 10 list
>>
>>78659986
You were a huge fan of the SW prequels, weren't you?
>>
>>78660531
It will for sure pass Ultron.
>>
>Google Frozen 2
>clickbait facepalm
>>
>>78658639
Go back to tumblr you rape enabler
>>
Depends if they go full theatrical or a crappy straight to dvd.
>>
>>78660531
I'm just surprised how quickly Frozen's being bumped down...originally when there was a regular thread about Frozen here at /co/ some anons did shops whenever Frozen passed a movie in the Top 10. At the time I had missed the chance to make my own when it stopped climbing. Also at the time another anon asked what happens if movies start bumping Frozen down, the response was it wouldn't happen for a long while; that's when I quietly decided if the film started dropping then I would be a good sport and do a shop reflecting that.

I didn't expect Frozen to start marching down the top 10 in 2015, at least I didn't have to wait long.
>>
>>78657799
Elsa learns she was adopted.
>>
File: 612.jpg (268 KB, 500x792) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
612.jpg
268 KB, 500x792
>>78660901
>>
>>78657799
fans want it to be about lesbians
it never will be because disney is the only pillar of light left in this world
it's probably gonna be about that ice queen gettin herself a stronk man
>>
>>78660770
It's theatrical.
>>
>>78661010
>>
File: Frozen.jpg (49 KB, 480x480) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Frozen.jpg
49 KB, 480x480
>What I Hope Will Happen
- Good new songs
- Elsa is the main character
- Her character isn't completely ruined
- Only some of the movie focusing on Anna and Elsa together
- Some cute Kristoph and Anna scenes
- If they have to have a love interest for Elsa they make it work
- Hans comes back and his supposed tragic backstory is expanded upon
- Hans redeems himself
- No one fucking trusts him until he does said redemption
- New villain isn't from Weselton and is actually a threat

>What Will Probably Happen
- Cashing in on Let it Go somehow
- The other songs fucking suck
- Lazy animation because they know people will buy it anyway
- Elsa is the main character
- Her character is completely ruined
- They make most of the movie Anna and Elsa scenes
- Elsa gets a love interest
- They have magic too
- Hans comes back and is just an evil villain
- He might have gained fire magic somehow
- People immediately trust him for some fucking reason
- Elsa's entire struggle is proving Hans is a scumbag, again
- The creators don't give a shit and know it'll print money
>>
File: George.jpg (63 KB, 620x387) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
George.jpg
63 KB, 620x387
>>78658564
Elsa is a girl.
>Society thinks women are all cool and collected, can do wrong.
>Always calculated and always thinking. Cold and Calculated like Ice

OC will be a guy
>Society thinks men are stupid and hot-heated. Reinforced by the fact that 99.99% of shitposters on the internet are guys.
>Always assblasted and ready to go on into a massive rant about some superficial topic - pissed off and fuming mad lie a raging fire.

It's Like Poetry, It Rhymes.

Seriously some random dude with fire coming in and having a feud with Elsa would be hilarious.

>inb4 OC NTR's Anna
>>
>>78660531
>Furious 7: fast in space
>Ironman 3: mandarin vs. clementine
>Avengers 2: Pinocchio's revenge
>Exercise in increasing sales employing viral marketing and focus groups #45928294 (sponsored by Chiquita)
>and last (and definetely least) a Bayformers movie
There's nothing that takes the faith in humanity out of you quite as quickly as this fucking top 10. And on top is of course Dancing with wolves 2: Pocahontas 3: the Smurfs 4
>>
>>78660531
>Furious 7 fucking everything up for /tv/

still makes me chuckle.
>>
>>78660531
The next time this chart updates TFA will be above JW
>>
File: The Force Awakens.png (454 KB, 600x900) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
The Force Awakens.png
454 KB, 600x900
>>78661584
Next time this updates, the fucker will be the highest grossing film of all time.

China will see to that.
>>
>>78661626
>make good films
>people give you lots of money

>make awful films
>people give you lots of money

>make OK film
>people give you lots of money

Lucas must be the most confused and lucky motherfucker on the planet.
>>
>>78658317
>Disney buys big black cock
>Disney now owns Doctor Who
Pick one
>>
>>78657950

>Hydra invades the Frozen Capital due to its use of a new time traveling device.

>End credits scene shows Elsa joining the Avengers
>>
File: anna_mjolnir.jpg (802 KB, 2500x1800) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
anna_mjolnir.jpg
802 KB, 2500x1800
As for this year, not sure if there will be any real contenders to break the Top 10 but keeping an eye on two certain superhero flicks; there's speculation that this year could reveal superhero-burnout and CW and BvS have trouble getting into the Top 10, but one never knows
>>
>>78660531
>titanic still that high
god damn
>>
>>78662434
Titanic was THE couples movie back then, i remember how every girlfriend dragged their guys to the cinema 2 or 3 times, it also helped that it stayed in theaters a long ass time, the longest i can remember actually, 4~5 months later it was still showing. That said, it is still an impressive feat, if you look at the top movies you'll notice most of them were released in the last 10 years, and i think this trend will continue for some time, in 10~20 years only TFA, Titanic and Avatar will still be in the top 10
>>
Merchandising and publicity.
>>
>>78662434
Newsflash: girls like shit and dragging their boyfriends along with them to see it. That's why Twilight and 50 shades of shit grossed as much as they did.
>>
Elsa finds a Rune Blade, and begins her hostile take over with her army of sentient snow monsters...
>fun fact/creepy pasta: all her snow creatures gain life by fusing with the souls of Norse warriors , women and children
>>
>>78657799
Can /a/ fags please stop infecting /co/ with their shit threads?
>>
We get a proper EVIL Snow Queen
>>
Elsa will get a girlfriend. It's time, the world is ready.
>>
>>78657799
Elsa plunges the realm in foreverwinter until a man makes her orgasm. Unfortunately, everyone who tries freeze their cocks off. And then fair Anna with her trusty strap-on enters the picture. The dick gnomes can be comedy relief side-kicks.
>>
>>78657799
I want Disney KLK so bad.
>>
>>78664353
Knowing /a/, the people on here are probably rejects from there.
>>
>>78660468
Dat judging you look.
>>
>>78657865
One must not meddle in the affairs of other worlds!!
>>
>>78664716
Kek, most of /co/ are weebs & former weebs who watch everything, capeshit neckbeards are the minority.
>>
>>78662434
Titanic was making more money the longer it stayed in theaters for a while. It was a fucking anomaly. White women are sexually repressed as fuck.
>>
>>78661487
It's not NTR. They're just sisters.
>>
>>78665022
They just need some BBC in their lives, f.am
>>
File: four1_1024.jpg (98 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
four1_1024.jpg
98 KB, 1024x768
>>78665122
I have to agree. The BBC has a lot of quality programming they've made over the years.
>>
>>78661397

or we get Evil Queen this time.

Elsa got an Dual personality
>>
File: Elsanna.png (180 KB, 500x543) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Elsanna.png
180 KB, 500x543
>>78665060
I'm not so sure about that.
>>
File: DualHJ.webm (2 MB, 410x362) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
DualHJ.webm
2 MB, 410x362
>>78657799

Porn
>>
File: evil elsa7.jpg (124 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
evil elsa7.jpg
124 KB, 768x1024
>hans redeeming
>Not Onion Elsa.
>>
>>78667660
We already have regular Elsa. As awesome as onion would have been, her ship has sailed forever.

Hans, however, can still easily be redeemed, since we haven't seen so much of him
>>
>>78668387

Hans is a piece of shit. He will never get redeemed because he is an awful human being with no remorse for his actions. They could introduce onion as a long lost sister or something.
>>
>>78666589
sauce plz
>>
>>78668387
I felt bad for Hans when I heard his backstory about being the family runt, and was kind of disappointed when he turned out to be the villain to be honest family.
>>
Could be anything, but something I posted a while ago...

>Elsa is now past her fears and happier than she's ever been, but feels restless. In private, she constantly researches magic to try and learn if there's anyone else like her in the world.
>Anna is going through the ups and downs of her relationship with Kristoff, which isn't as smooth as Frozen's ending suggested but finding its way. She notices something's up with Elsa but Elsa's still not used to opening up.
>Both girls are under pressure as Elsa takes on her responsibilities as queen. Anna struggles to find her place in court and feels useless while Elsa seems to take to it well.
>Diplomacy with the kingdom ruled by a sorceress is...tricky, and a rival of Arendelle's, thinking to fight fire with fire, tries to find sorcery of their own so Arendelle can't become a superpower. Meddling awakens something evil, like always.
>Anna, Elsa, and Kristoff team up to stop the evil before it can ravage Arendelle and then the rest of Europe. Elsa gets some answers about magic but is left with some new questions.
>Anna struggles in this movie with feeling useless, but she comes to see how much Elsa needs her support and learns to contribute in her own ways. She comes to understand her relationship with Elsa and Kristoff will never be perfect, but neither of them want anything more of her than to be Anna, and she ends the movie closer to both of them than ever.
>Elsa comes into her own as a leader and an adult, no longer afraid of herself but learning to stand up for what she believes in and to take responsibility and protect the people she loves.
>Elsa gets a qt magical lady friend of some sort. /frz/ explodes.
>>
>>78657799

Stealth Frozen General #242343
>>
>>78660916
Good lord, the Elsanna freaks would be dancing in the streets. THEY'RE NOT RELATED! THEY'RE NOT RELA AAAAATEDDDDDD!
>>
>>78664931
>who watch everything
I doubt it, given how the same old subjects are much more likely to be successful at lasting than anything out of the ordinary. Of course, that's how it all works, but people even gotta ask questions constantly about lesser known works than bother with checking it out, even if it's just a short one-off animation/comic.
>>
File: ayyyyyyy.png (412 KB, 446x552) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ayyyyyyy.png
412 KB, 446x552
>>78668489
>He will never get redeemed because he is an awful human being with no remorse for his actions.
Awww, but now you're mixing your silly headcanons with actual fact.
We don't know if he feels remorse for his actions or not. Jennifer Lee has stated that she "sees Hans as a tragic figure, and a product of growing up without love". (You remember how love being the answer and healing everything is a big theme in Frozen, they even sang about in Fixer Upper)

We also have Santino Fontana stating in an interview that the creators "have an idea" and "want to bring you (Hans) back and redeem you". Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRApwIY98F4

Also, of course, you have the official art for the Hans/Elsa dollset that was recently released, where for some reason they really don't seem to be hating each other but rather having this flirty power game thing going on.

In any case, it's really unrealistic and delusional at this point to state things like "he will never get redeemed", when things point to it being likely. Sorry

>>78669393
Yeah, I really like the character, nicely ambiguous, interesting. I really want to get more backstory and see the Southern Isles desu
>>
>>78657799
It will be about 90 minutes long, and roughly the same mood and humor as the short cartoon.
>>
>>78660506
"Give us all your food or we're gonna freeze your ass" isn't a taxation.
>>
>>78672585

He tried to kill Elsa. What kind of fucked up person do you think Elsa is to just forgive him for that.
>>
>>78657799
>those tiny eyebrows

Unforgivable.
>>
>>78673159
Well I'm pretty sure they wouldn't write her "just" forgiving him like that, there'd be some serious character development and actual redeeming action first, not just pretty words.

But in any case, the WDAS people are actually considering redeeming Hans - so if you think Elsa would never ever forgive him no matter what and it's "impossible", your understanding of Elsa (or Hans) might be a bit headcanon OOC : )
>>
File: 1376341631707.jpg (22 KB, 250x256) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1376341631707.jpg
22 KB, 250x256
>>78658258
>niece is three years old and a huge fan of Frozen, although she doesn't quite understand the plot and asks her mom about why their parents died etc
>one day she asked something about Hans, her mom gave some vague answer and then the kid asks, and I quote:
>"but Hans loved Kristoff, didn't he?"
>my fucking face when I was so busy shipping Elsa and Anna that I didn't even notice the potential of Kristoff/Hans
>my fucking face when I was outdone by a three year old
>>
>>78657799
Wow a shitty overrated movie crossing over with a shitty overrated anime. Truly a match made in hell.
>>
>>78670358
It can't be any worse than the inside out general.
>>
>>78673316
>someone seriously posting Helsa

God I would slit my wrists if they did that.
>>
>>78657799

Cenemites.
>>
It being good all depends on who is making the songs to be quite honest
>>
>>78672585
If they show a side of Hans that wasn't in Frozen 1-- that is, a man who is angry, butter and hurt from his own family not loving him, that could be a gateway towards his redemption. In his experience, kings, queens, princes and princesses have all been vapid, shallow and cruel, which made him cynical to the point that he didn't even see the inherent wrong in killing Elsa or Ana. In his mind, he was maybe in some twisted way getting revenge for all the cruelty he'd been put through for his entire life.
>>
File: maincast.jpg (103 KB, 640x320) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
maincast.jpg
103 KB, 640x320
>>78673665
You really think it's unlikely? Everyone loves a good redemption story where a hot villain sees the light and abandons their wicked ways, healed by love. In a movie with 2+2 hot main characters of each gender, and the other 2 paired up, you think it's unheard of that they'd pair the spares, too? Especially since they share similar burdens of the past?
>>
>>78674005

I think it's bullshit because here you build the fucker to be a villain not just in the movie but in everything afterwards. The shorts, Once Upon a Time, and every book they wrote has stated he is a sociopath that only wants power.
>>
>>78658077
>braided moustache
Gross.
>>
>>78674085
All that stuff is extracurricular material, and the only thing that's canon is the movies. You'll feel awful silly later, when Disney makes you cry for a villain's tragic and feelsy reformation arc.
>>
>>78674225

Yeah bullshit. You would have to undo all the crap he has done which there is no escape from. The general public sees him as a dick and he will die a dick. Just because you want to see your disgusting ship happen doesn't mean they will actually go through with it.
>>
>>78674085
Dude OUAT has absolutely nothing to do with the movie canon. Even the OUAT creators themselves have said so, it's literally just filmatised crossover fanfic. Also the Frozen Heart book directly contradicts scenes that are straight-out animated in the movie (for example adding a group of people having a discussion that just are not there in the scene in the movie, happens a couple of times at least) and has a bunch of inconsistencies with the movie canon - so it's full-on AU tier as well.


The only canon things we've seen of Hans after Anna punches him off the ship, is him being locked in the brig of the ship and putting his head in his hands, and him shoveling horse manure looking disgruntled. That's all.

>>78674412
It's not just us wanting to see Hans redeemed, anon. Apparently the WDAS people would like to see him redeemed as well. And since they write the entire thing, their opinion matters somewhat
>>
>>78677338

Show me where they said they want to redeem hans. This is Disney we are talking about they don't just retcon a villain like nothing happened.
>>
>>78677502
I posted the link upthread, in >>78672585
Here it is again https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRApwIY98F4

Also I don't know where you're getting the "like nothing happened" or "retconning". I'm pretty sure they'd write him experiencing some proper character development and have him change and properly try to redeem himself
>>
>>78657811
> heterosexuals

Frozen 2 is going to be as gay as SU
>>
>>78673328
lmaooo
>>
>>78677910

I call bullshit. Just because you want redemption doesn't mean it should happen. This is entirely out of his character. The guy is a murderous psychopath and only wants power. He is unsympathetic and doesn't deserve redemption. In fact, having him redeemed would completely undermine his character just because some people want to fuck him.
>>
>>78674005
The villain has to be within the realm of redemption though. You can't redeem someone who has done something unforgivable.

A villain capable of redemption: Peridot
Someone not capable of redemption: Hans

Yes, they're 'considering' it. They also considered making Elsa blue and covered in furs. But they realized they'd ruin their movie by doing it.
>>
File: 1388966898794.jpg (46 KB, 500x250) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1388966898794.jpg
46 KB, 500x250
>all this unironic Hans/Helsa posting
What the fuck senpai

Anyway.

What I'd like to happen:
>political drama with the Southern Isles + Weselton
>some tension in the Christian populace accepting that they're now ruled by a witch queen
>the inherent fucked-up-ness in Elsa/Anna's relationship being explored a bit, honestly
>do the lesbian

What's probably actually going to happen:
>true love BETWEEN TWO SISTERS
>fire powers!!
>Anna/Kristoff fluff
>that fucking snowman
>>
File: 1391624893685.jpg (116 KB, 725x960) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1391624893685.jpg
116 KB, 725x960
>>78678497
It would also be cool (and unlikely) if the sequel consistently kept the tone that the original had in the opening number and ran with it. Something a little more serious, with hints of the mysterious. Something influenced heavily by Slavic folklore. Swords, runes, the fae, that sort of thing. You get this a little in the original, usually when they're trying to focus on Elsa's powers, but I wish there was more of it.

Impossible dream: the trolls will be revealed for the amoral terrifying Fey creatures that they are
>>
>>78678380
Also conversely, just because you don't want to see Hans redeemed doesn't mean it shouldn't happen - and it definitely doesn't mean its "impossible".

That was the whole point - that it's a bit inaccurate to throw bold, sweeping statements like "he will NEVER be redeemed" or "he can't be redeemed, it's impossible" when the WDAS people themselves are playing with the thought so much they've even mentioned it to the VA.

We don't know if it'll happen or not, but considering what we know, it's definitely a possiblity.

>This is entirely out of his character.
We haven't seen much of his true character at all though. His character could be written to rethink his values and want to redeem himself.
>murderous psychopath and only wants power.
That's just your personal headcanon. "Psychopath" especially is a bit much.

>having him redeemed would completely undermine his character just because some people want to fuck him.
Oh, and now you're resorting to strawmanning, cute. The thing is that you don't know his character. Jennifer Lee, the person who wrote the script and developed a lot of the characters, has stated that she sees Hans as a TRAGIC character, the product of having grown up without love.

If you combine those views expressed by the Disney creators, that they see him as tragic and are thinking of redeeming him - well, it's not quite in line with your interpretation of totally irredeemable psychopath who doesn't deserve redemption, now is it. And once again, none of us know how it'll go, it's up to what the Disney people decide.

TLDR:
The point is that the Disney people themselves, the people who created and wrote the character and are the only ones who know what really went on in his head, see him as someone tragic who could very well be redeemed - and have in fact said they "want" to redeem him.
Therefore, you can't say that he's "irredeemable" or "doesn't deserve redemption" when clearly the creators disagree with you
>>
>>78678843
>"Psychopath" especially is a bit much.
He's manipulative and capable of shutting off his empathy. That's textbook psychopathy.

> Therefore, you can't say that he's "irredeemable" or "doesn't deserve redemption" when clearly the creators disagree with you
They can change their mind you know. They could come to the conclusion, after careful reflection, that he is, in fact, irredeemable.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (169 KB, 985x936) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Untitled.jpg
169 KB, 985x936
At least we're making all of this FrozenDeux stuff up for fun compared to the sites reporting rumors for clickbaiting
>>
>>78678843

How many times do I have to restate, he tried to kill Elsa. The only thing that stopped him was Anna sacrificing herself. The guy didn't even look like he was going to stop anytime soon.
>>
>>78678843
>year 2k16 of our good lord and savior
>caring about authorial intent
>not subscribing to death of the author

shiggy
>>
>>78657942
not posting lissandra anon im not mad just disappointed
>>
>>78673328
you both sound extremely autistic
>>
>>78679561
>>
>>78679001

What if Rapunzel really did join the cast?
>>
>>78678933
I'd think they've carefully reflected on him when they created him and went through everything that happened in his mind scene by scene during animating him so that they'd get him right.

When you write a character and spend a lot of time constructing them, who they are, how they think, what they want, why they act how they act, all that - you get to know them pretty well. It's somewhat unlikely that your picture of the character you yourself created would then suddenly fundamentally change.

"Textbook psychopathy" also has a whole lot of other criteria, it's not just "manipulative and capable of toning down your empathy". Once again, he's a fictional character, so what and who he is is entirely up to the WDAS people. They can write him have a fairy godmother who turns him good and has him sprout wings with a flick of a magic wand, if they want (I hope not, sounds like a shit plot).

>>78679039
Everyone knows he tried to kill Elsa, really. We all watched the movie. Don't be daft.
>>
>>78679754
She's 20/30 years older than the rest of them if I'm remembering my timelines correctly. Not that that's something Disney would care about keeping straight. If she gets introduced as being their age it would be pretty cool, she and Eugene can pull shenangians to try and get Elsa out of her shell more.
>>
>>78673328
>shipping Elsa and Anna

so you're a moron?
>>
>>78679943
> I'd think they've carefully reflected on him when they created him and went through everything that happened in his mind scene by scene during animating him so that they'd get him right.

That was then, this is now. You start the process over again when you make a new story.

>It's somewhat unlikely that your picture of the character you yourself created would then suddenly fundamentally change.

True, but you do get all kinds of crazy ideas, and you have to constantly remind yourself to check to see how plausible they are. Things get cut for being 'out of character' all the time. The entire process of making a movie is cutting bad ideas out of your story.

> Once again, he's a fictional character, so what and who he is is entirely up to the WDAS people

This is completely irrelevant. You can retcon whatever you want and that won't make it a good idea. Yes you could technically re-write him to make him go from psycho to nice guy, but that's just going to ruin the story and piss the audience off. I'm not saying they can't do it, I'm saying they probably won't because it's a dumb idea. Your example of what they 'can' do even re-enforces this. There's no way to redeem him (and definitely not shack him up with someone way out of his league) without it falling flat on its face.

Like you said, they CAN do anything. They could make the story about Olaf and Sven falling in love and having snowdeer babies. They won't though.

> it's not just "manipulative and capable of toning down your empathy"

The difference in empathy between a neurotypical and a psychopath is the primary difference. The other criteria are ancillary. He's a psycho, deal with it.
>>
>>78668489
>>78667660
They repurposed Bastion into Kristoff, maybe they can repurpose Onion into a new character in a movie down the road. Giants?
>>
>>78679754
She'd be 80+ though. Tangled has been stated by the directors to take place in the 1780s and Frozen takes place, according to the Art of Frozen book and the year on the map on pic related, in the 1840s.

Around 60 years of difference. Might be still cool of course, to get mentions of this Old Queen of Corona who had magical powers. But I doubt Disney would screw their Princess franchise like that, showing the Princesses as really old - although with Leia in the latest Star Wars, hmm, I don't know.

But in any case, Rapunzel as she appeared in her own movie won't happen unless there's some time travel shenanigans for the sake of shoehorning the crossover in.


Link for the Tangled reference, (though it's been mentioned elsewhere too, I think); http://collider.com/byron-howard-nathan-greno-interview-tangled/
>>
>>78679958
But Rapunzel is in the movie and is about the same age.
>>
>>78680300
Again with the retconning. They wouldn't need to "retcon" anything though, there's no need to pretend that something that happened in the first movie actually wouldn't have happened at all, since we know so little of him and his motivations and thoughts. You can headcanon him as a "psycho" if you like, doesn't mean he actually is one. There's not enough information.

I said it before, but people do actually like redemption arcs or ambiguous, tragic antiheroes, that sort of thing. So I'm not at all convinced it'd "ruin the story and piss the audience off". Someone earlier mentioned Peridot from Steven Universe as a "redeemable" villain - and she was shown to be very cold and callous at first, crushing her own infobot, tried to smash Steven without a hint of emotion or regret, tried to trap and kill the gems and crush them many times, planned to cause the apocalypse without giving a shit about destroying all life on the planet etc. Pretty villainous. Even after being apprehended by the Gems she tried to suck up to whoever she perceived to be the highest-ranking gem, because she thought that'd improve her position.

But, apparently she's completely redeemable because she was shown experiencing emotion, being silly and non-threatening, being scared, being cute, acting friendly.

So I don't quite agree with the "it'd ruin everything" attitude. I think it'd be an awesome sideplot.

But at this point it's just repeating headcanons and opinions at each other, which is pretty pointless because I don't think either is going to change their mind because someone else tells them it can't go like that because they don't want it to.
>>
>>78680536
>>
>>78681026
It's an easter egg, anon. Disney has put easter eggs like that, characters from other movies showing up in crowds, statues, toys, stuff like that in pretty much all of their movies for decades.

It does not in any way mean the movies exist in the same time and place. It's just a visual gag for the fans to spot. For example pic related doesn't mean Hercules killed Scar.

The Rapunzel and Eugene easter egg has just gotten a life of its own because some fans were being newfag plebs and took it for real and hyped it so much some clickbait articles appeared about it.
>>
>>78681070
See >>78681193

It's an easter egg that means nothing. Similarly the Mickey Mouse plush in the Arendelle castle library doesn't mean that Disney exists in the Frozenverse. Similarly Goofy and Donald Duck appearing among the underwater concert guests does not mean they can breathe underwater and actually exist in the Little Mermaid-verse.

Disney does it in every movie.
>>
>>78681048
>I said it before, but people do actually like redemption arcs or ambiguous, tragic antiheroes, that sort of thing.

No one said otherwise. But nobody writes a redemption story about Hitler.

> But, apparently she's completely redeemable because she was shown experiencing emotion, being silly and non-threatening, being scared, being cute, acting friendly.

More importantly, she never did what Hans did and manipulate the gems emotionally. She never built up their trust only to cut their heartstrings later. She clearly broadcast that she on a mission from the beginning, the gems were openly hostile from the beginning, and she cared more that the gems got in her way than anything else.

Crushing a non-living bot and attacking known hostile enemies (who were also traitors, btw) is nowhere near plotting regicide, making Elsa think that she'd killed her true love, and trying to murder Anna by locking her away from a heat source right after rubbing it in her face that she was gullible.

Peridot is honest, Hans is not. She'll fuck up her enemies. Hans will fuck with their minds. That's the difference.
>>
>>78681048
Unlike Peridot, there isn't anything Hans could do that would both be in character and redeeming.
>>
>>78681070
is that the only couple you recognized?

Anastasia and a few western style cameos were there.
>>
The fact that Elsa is a literal god like being who can create life from nothing is central to the story.
>>
File: CorElsa.gif (2 MB, 495x489) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
CorElsa.gif
2 MB, 495x489
>>78657799

Screw the movie.

More Frozen movies, More fan made rule34 for me.

Also Frozen got the best rule34 than other disney movies.
>>
>>78681436
>Hitler
Peridot with her genocidal aspirations is a lot closer to Hitler than Hans tbqhfam
>>
>>78681070

its just an easter egg, thats it.
>>
>>78681341
KINGDOM HEARTS
>>
>>78658564
Everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked.
>>
>>78661397
Don't forget the unnecessary Olaf slapstick funny fun scenes that would probably happen.
>>
File: 1451968477003.gif (586 KB, 689x604) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1451968477003.gif
586 KB, 689x604
>>78657799
>Elsa falls in love with an African prince who can control fire

Watch. Fucking watch
>>
>>78683223
Nah, he'll be middle eastern, because deserts=heat, heat=fire.
>>
>>78683242
>Arab

That's too risky
>>
>>78683242
There's a Middle Eastern princess that Elsa goes to visit in one of the novels because she thinks the princess' fire powers are fucking up her kingdom's client. Elsa learns about biomes, and they become gal pals. Don't think they'd bring her in for the movie though.
>>
>>78665208
Ha ha! Blackadder.
>>
>Kuck le Kuck
>Frozen
Truly, this is the worst thread on the board at the moment
>>
>>78682649

Kingdom Hearts 3 Frozen world wont gonna happen, anon. Trust me on this one.
>>
>>78685170
I was referring to Donald and Goofy in that scene.
>>
>>78657799
stopping incest shaming
>>
>>78664410
I love for them to somehow throw us a bone for Onion Elsa, some kind of parallel universe or something that Elsa falls into where she has to defeat her evil self.
>>
>>78678380
Are you for real? You're basically describing Azula here.
>In fact, having him redeemed would completely undermine his character just because some people want to fuck him.
This is the most ironic post I've ever seen.
>>
>>78659986
Did the Duke have unlimited power?
>>
>>78661955
>Implying Lucas is being given money for this.
>>
>>78657799
I'm hopping for a crossover with others Hans Christian Andersen stories, when Hans commented he was the the the younger of twelve brothers I really thought it was a reference to the wild swans.
>>
>>78657799
The quest for more money
>>
>>78657799
Its going to be the start of Disney's Cinematic Universe
>>
>>78664692
You....
>>
>>78685591
I know it's a joke, but I keep wondering if there are people who actually believe Disney would ever make Elsanna canon
>>
Had this one image leftover so might as well not waste it. It's a bit of a redundancy when it comes to passing Frozen, but on the bigger picture TFA's still doing a strong march.

Originally one could say it might have trouble reaching Avatar, but China still waits in the wings for their January 9 premier.
>>
>>78692766
What kind of timescale are we talking here? Doing it in the inevitable gritty/mature reboot sometime between 2040 and 2050 isn't all the implausible. Also what level of canon are we talking here? Full on center-of-the-story canon is unlikely but subtle hints or background evidence isn't that unlikely.

It depends on other things too, like how the demographics of the fanbase shift in the future. If eventually it shows that the only people still engaging with the franchise are Elsanna shippers, well then guess what kind of content they'll produce.

Remember that money is what motivates them, it's all about what's profitable. If the culture changes towards incest acceptance, so to will their product strategy.
>>
>>78678389
Who is iago
>>
>>78680026
A bit rude desu, why would you say that?
>>
File: IMG_0343.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
IMG_0343.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>See this
>Think they made some strange choices
>Suddenly begin comparing this to Marvel vs. Capcom 1
Minor distraction, if this was a video game who would be your main?
>>
>>78660531
>Star Wars has the lowest international take of all those movies at 51.0%

LOL, eat it SW fags!

>Hasn't released in China yet
>>
File: Spoiler.gif (2 KB, 100x100) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Spoiler.gif
2 KB, 100x100
>>78657799
CAN'T LET IT GO GOTTA FIND OUT WHO KILL MAH DAD!
>>
>>78657799
Source on pic?
>>
>>78700392
My name is Montoya Inegoe , you killed my father.
Prepare to die.
>>
>>78657799
It takes place one year after the first one, and we see Elsa who has let herself go and the whole movie will deal with how it's ok if you're a self-loathing fat pig, ahem, I mean, curvaceous, strong and independent woman, because it's your body and your choice.
>>
>>78694402
what kind of engaging with the franchise are we talking here? Sperging online and creating fanworks? Or, you know, actually spending a lot of money for Frozen-themed products, shows etc for your kids?

Just because the parents demographic is practically nonexistent in the online fandom bastions of tumblr, reddit, 4chan and fanfic sites doesn't mean they're not the demographic who actually spends the most cash on the franchise, meaning that's who the content caters to.

It's easy to lose sight of the big picture if you hang in online fandoms too much, you can start to think it's all done for late-teens - 20something hardcore fans since that's the people you interact with, and it's easy to start imagining "the fandom" is essentially your little online corner of it and the attitudes and views prevalent in that corner would somehow be more widespread.

>If the culture changes towards incest acceptance
Seriously though. Seriously. Listen to yourself
>>
File: Elsanna02.jpg (159 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Elsanna02.jpg
159 KB, 1000x1000
>>78658258
Because there isn't a competing, hugely popular ship in Frozen, right?
>>
File: Elsa26.jpg (665 KB, 810x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Elsa26.jpg
665 KB, 810x1080
>>78658297
Kristoff gets super speed after a bolt of lightning hits some chemicals he was experimenting with, and heads back to Arendale for revenge. Anna builds a flame thrower and Sven learns to use boomerangs to help defend the land.
>>
>>78703482
Elsanna is just a crackship though. It may be popular, so is Jelsa (more popular, in fact). Neither have a snowball's chance in hell of actually becoming canon in Frozen 2.

Helsa, however, has a realistic (if extremely small) chance of that, or at least of getting strong hints towards it.
>>
>>78657799
> what will Frozen II be about
Knowing Disney, more singing.
>>
File: lsb_cte.jpg (211 KB, 1480x938) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
lsb_cte.jpg
211 KB, 1480x938
>tfw they bring in a flash-in-the-pan singer for an F2 highlight song only because the singer is popular at the time...
Ah hell, this is airing on Thursday?!
>>
>>78678204
...Look anon, just promise me you will not hurt yourself or others when they have a male love interest in this ok?

Look I'm sorry, but the first movie wasn't about incest. Its time to realize this and get ready for what will happen.
>>
>>78698403

The only correct answer is Stitch.
>>
>>78657799
Oh, I had this idea of the japanese yuki-onna who travels to Arendelle to somehow steal Elsa's powers, becoming nearly invincible... something like that.
Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 53
Thread DB ID: 391106



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.