[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Genuine criticisms of korrasami criticisms will be assembled

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 575
Thread images: 96

File: korra1.jpg (458KB, 2700x1519px) Image search: [Google]
korra1.jpg
458KB, 2700x1519px
Genuine criticisms of korrasami

criticisms will be assembled and put onto a website.

>in b4 korrasami shippers
>in b4 shitposting
>>
>Genuine criticisms

It's been a week, why would /co/ start now?
>>
>>68265664
Why?
>>
>>68265664
Still upset they made this instead of Aang the after story
>>
File: Ted_groovy_gang.png (119KB, 250x299px) Image search: [Google]
Ted_groovy_gang.png
119KB, 250x299px
>>68265664
>in b4 korrasami shippers
>in b4 shitposting
It's like you don't even WANT Korrathread #34434
>>
>>68265673
because main stream media acquires our stuff and spins it for their own advantage
>>
File: 1419448447512.gif (3MB, 333x250px) Image search: [Google]
1419448447512.gif
3MB, 333x250px
>>68265664

>Genuine criticisms
>Fictional Bi/Les couple
>>
>>68265677
you and me both, it would have been cool to see animated shows rather than graphic novels of the original team avatar
>>
>>68265683
>anonymous hackers spreads baseless libel
>>
>>68265664
Are you retarded or something? I thought korrasami was asspull, but it's just a fucking cartoon.
>>
>>68265683
I think you are taking this shit way too seriously.
But I've been saying this about LoK for a while now...
>>
>>68265690
not even one criticism and this thread has gone to the dogs

well done ./co/mrades you /b/astards!
>>
>>68265689
I never got the reason why they did korra instead of it I would have thought the nick of all companies would milk the cartoon
>>
>>68265710
yes and no
people have been flicking their clit to the ending
it pisses me off
>>
>>68265710
>>68265727

it is being hailed as a masterpiece
what fucking hacks!
>>
never got around to watch the show since they decided to make it about another
>>
>>68265683
The 'mainsteam' media doesn't need to spin anything, there are more than enough retards spouting shit.

There may be actual criticisms of korrasami but it will be lost in the mountain of crap by the (latent homosexual) /pol/, stormfront and gamergaters.
>>
There's already a post on tumblr about good /co/ criticism about why Korrasami doesn't work
>>
>>68265728
If masturbation pisses you off, you're definitely taking this too seriously.

>>68265749
>it is being hailed as a masterpiece
Not really. There's 3 blog posts of notorious Korrafags and that's about it.
>>
On the bright side because of the Korrasami debacle on /co/ it gave me the idea on how to overturn my pink slip and get a promotion at the same time
Thanks Korra
>>
File: Korrasami.png (279KB, 600x306px) Image search: [Google]
Korrasami.png
279KB, 600x306px
>>68265664
I totally expected Korrasami to happen, and it happened pretty much how I expected it to (not really how I wanted it to).

It's there, but it's put there in a way to be JUST NOT SPELLED OUT ENOUGH to let homophobes who like the show plug their ears and close their eyes and pretend it didn't happen, or pretend it's all in the minds of people who just WANT to see it.

Let's be dead honest here folks. This is twenty fucking fourteen, and they knew exactly what they were doing here. The reason it is not spelled out more blatantly is essentially to sidestep controversy and be able to play coy that 'what, you're offended by the last scene? But they're just friends going on a trip to the spirit world' and then 5 years later when no one gives a shit about it being 'current' anymore Bryke or someone is going to go 'yeah that was totally intentional, we always meant Korra to be bisexual' or something and since it'll just be some creator making a statement about a half-decade old tv show there won't be a huge backlash from shitheads like there would be if Nickelodeon greenlit an actual developed on screen relationship between two women that ended the series on a kiss.

It hurts the show, but they probably couldn't do it any other way.
>>
>>68265809
How?
>>
File: 1419516816163.png (26KB, 98x124px) Image search: [Google]
1419516816163.png
26KB, 98x124px
>>68265664
You realize you're playing against yourself?
You should make something for genuine criticism of the show in general, otherwise *of course* it's going to be spinned as homophobic, if you focus only on 15 seconds of lesbos holding hands because of "bad writing" when it's pretty much up to par with the writing on this show in general.
Basically if you complain about Korrasami because of bad writing, then complain about the show in general. Otherwise you're just complaining about it because it's not your OTP or because you didn't like *why* they did it, not how they did it. That or you don't like lesbos.

It's really stupid to focus on that part and then claim it's just about the bad writing. There's been bad writing at various points in this show and I didn't see you dedicate a website to those.
>>
>>68265863
I my superior told me that he was going to fireme for always slaking on the computer while at work
played the he's doing this because he has homophobia card at HR and now he's under 2 months disciplinary probation and rumor has it that he's gonna quit next week and im the next line for his job
>>
>>68265851
>he reason it is not spelled out more blatantly is essentially to sidestep controversy and be able to play coy that 'what, you're offended by the last scene? But they're just friends going on a trip to the spirit world' and then 5 years later when no one gives a shit about it being 'current' anymore Bryke or someone is going to go 'yeah that was totally intentional, we always meant Korra to be bisexual' or something
Both creators confirmed already anon.

I also think a kiss would have felt stunted, they're not there yet.
>>
>>68265851
They've already made a statement that the scene was romantic.
>>
>>68265891
You're a horrible person.
>>
>>68265891
Did you have any proof?
>>
>>68265909
survival of the fitest
>>68265916
told them that he was constantly shiting on me because i once told him that i was gay also told them that if they didnt do something then i'd go online or sue the company

Im not even gay kek
>>
>>68265897
>>68265898
fair enough, but it's still not as matter-of-fact as Korra and Mako's relationship for the reasons I stated. It was basically done to keep shade from flying Nickelodeon's way.
>>
>>68265926
>survival of the fitest
Pretty much the opposite of that, actually.
You're getting someone who's actually useful fired because you're a lazy bum. I hope it comes back to bite you in the ass when they realize they promoted an incompetent fake homo.
Your boss probably wont have any problems finding a new job, you, classified as an incompetent lazy liar, might struggle.

>I'm not even gay
No shit Sherlock.
>>
>>68265926
>Im not even gay kek

You want to be labelled gay? What happens if you meet hot co-workers?
>>
It's painfully obvious that it was done more as a social/political statement and less as something that actually made a lot of sense in the story. Asami was originally supposed to be a traitor, you know?

Throughout the series they were apparently too afraid to push for it, so the end result is that it's something very sudden in the end that doesn't make for a cohesive romantic plot.

And besides all that, even socially speaking, I think when you analyze it you'll realize it does more harm than good. There seem to be more meaningful lesbian couples in media than there are platonic female friends. It further skews public opinion in a stereotypical direction and just causes more problems. We've seen to have gotten to a point where we see romance and sex as the ultimate form of affection between two people and I think that's a primitive way to look at relationships.
>>
File: korra and asami kissing.jpg (2KB, 88x124px) Image search: [Google]
korra and asami kissing.jpg
2KB, 88x124px
>>68265897
>I also think a kiss would have felt stunted, they're not there yet.
well, yes, because they didn't show it.

The show would be better, as a show, if through the last season at least they showed and developed Korra and Asami's relationship as a thing that was happening, and led up to that moment.
>>
>>68265948
>Your boss probably wont have any problems finding a new job
>reputation has already damaged by being a bigot and a homophobe
>formerly the life of the party now friends are already starting to treat him as an outcast
>he was also having some family troubles
>now even r9k would be more popular than him
I'll give him 3 weeks before he bites the bullet
>>68265954
>hot co-workers
never shit where you eat anon
>>
Maybe more development throughout the story than a glance here or there.
>>
>>68265957
>It further skews public opinion in a stereotypical direction and just causes more problems.
Speaking of this, I hated how it stereotypes Korra. I thought she was a great example of a female character who could be strong, hotheaded, capable and true to herself regardless of stereotypical perceptions of feminity without being instantly called a lesbian for that.
But we know how it ended.
>>
File: a gif for ants.gif (45KB, 50x28px) Image search: [Google]
a gif for ants.gif
45KB, 50x28px
>>68265964
>>
>>68265977
What happens when they find out you're not gay?
>>
File: korra reads a korra thread.png (510KB, 580x593px) Image search: [Google]
korra reads a korra thread.png
510KB, 580x593px
>>68265981
ehh. That's kind of how I felt about Renee Montoya as well, but I don't know how well it holds up as an argument nowadays. There are positive female characters in fiction, the fact that there aren't as many of them as males doesn't mean there shouldn't be positive gay female characters while we build up a quota of straight ones.

>>68266006
I thought I saved the large version, now I don't even remember where I found it. Hm.

>>68266017
Presumably he intends to Chuck and Larry his way through life.
>>
>>68265664
>Inconsequential one minute scene that changes nothing from before, displaces nothing important and was practically just thrown in
>four thousand post threads and at least one bump limit thread everyday since
???
>>
The ending isn't any worse than the majority of Korra's writing. It's intended audience loved it, why the fuck would you give them the controversy they were looking for by taking the bait?
>>
The staff waited until the actual last second to show any hint of something tangible and then went on the social media and said "you saw a display of affection and didn't immediately understand that they are gay lovers? Bigots!" As if Platonic love doesn't exist.
>>
File: 11112.jpg (75KB, 791x271px) Image search: [Google]
11112.jpg
75KB, 791x271px
The problem with Korrasami is the actual interaction between the two characters. There was never anything that could clearly be taken as romantic, nothing that really fueled the idea that a sexual attraction was growing between these two characters who were presumed to be heterosexual. Now I know what you might be thinking, "assuming they're heterosexual is ignorant", and I might agree with you if it were not for actually having watched the show. Bryke wants us to simply buy that Korra (the girl who was in a relationship with Mako, and never showed romantic attraction to any other character throughout the entire series) and Asami (the girl who was so sexually attracted to Mako that she not only funded his pro-bending team, but tried to 'snatch' him up, a second time mind you, right when she found out that he was no longer in a relationship with Korra) are bisexual with no story build-up or reasoning. The only reason this has been allowed (and fucking praised as a matter of fact) is because it is 'ground-breaking' and 'revolutionary', not because it is masterful storytelling.

People are arguing that this happens all the time in real life, that people 'discover' their bisexuality at the strangest of times, and i'm not ignorant enough to assume that this statement isn't 100% true, but that doesn't make for good storytelling, not by a long shot. I'd be less critical if there was going to be another season or another episode where these two characters could explain how they came to this conclusion, and therefore accurately portray bisexuals and put into context that ending, but this is the finale of the franchise. It's bad writing, and terrible execution. When you have to come out and tell people what you intended the ending to be, it's not a good ending. There is a Roger Ebert quote about that floating around, but I don't remember it.
>>
>>68265957
>Asami was originally supposed to be a traitor
I'm glad they didn't go for that route, because it's exactly what I was expecting.
>>
>>68266084
FUCKING THIS
>>
>>68266084
It annoys me slightly in that the implication is that sexuality is completely fluid.

On a side note, what's to become of Mako? It probably tortures him to be around them now, 2 mistakes that both have returned to haunt him.
>>
Every time I feel a bit bad about celebrating Korrasami, because maybe it's rubbing salt in the wounds of the alternative shippers, a thread like this pops up to make it clear that the salt is coming from inside the wounds on this one.
>>
>>68266139

He becomes The Human Torch to Lin's Ultimate Spider-Man.
>>
>>68266084
>inb4 WAAAA FUCK OFF, KORRASAMI CANON DEAL WITH IT BITCH

srsly, the shipping ruined the show, as well as the cunts bryke
>>
Asami and Korra have few on-screen moments together.
>>
File: 1419022089797.png (39KB, 758x246px) Image search: [Google]
1419022089797.png
39KB, 758x246px
>>68266139
You ain't heard of Linko bruh?
>>
>>68266017
>What happens when they find out you're not gay?
Play the race card next
>>
>>68266112
I wasn't particularly expecting it, but when we came to that point with her father trying to get her to join him I was like 'oh geez do we have to do THIS' and then they didn't and I was like 'well that's okay then'

Which is a decent fakeout,but they seemed to not really have an idea of what to do with Asami after that aside from make her into Batman. Which Bat-Asami is also fine, but it helps to show that they were flying by the seat of their pants making this show.

>>68266084
I don't entirely disagree, but the signs are there. They're all just 'blink and you'd miss it' things like the scene at the end of Book 3. Which, I will also agree, can in fact be easily interpreted as Asami taking care of a close friend who needs her help. It would have been a good place to START showing them having a romantic relationship, but everything that followed (for instance, the fact that Korra was writing to Asami and the fact that she seemed much more comfortable around Asami than any of her other friends) was clearly done with the intention of encrypting it in a way which means you could easily consider it to be just indicative of a friendship. And that hurts the narrative.
>>
>>68266139
Mako gets the solice that he is the ultimate man. After a woman is with him, no other man will do.
>>
File: my life as a teenage BLARGH.png (166KB, 482x679px) Image search: [Google]
my life as a teenage BLARGH.png
166KB, 482x679px
I searched the Korrasami tags on tumblr

I just want cute lesbians, I don't want people's "personal stories."
>>
File: Toph-toph-25007119-500-373.png (218KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
Toph-toph-25007119-500-373.png
218KB, 500x373px
>>68266084

You sir are right on the money
>>
>>68266322
>Went on tumblr.

First mistake.
>>
File: 1325901002958.png (10KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1325901002958.png
10KB, 400x400px
>>68266322
I don't want either.
>>
>>68266084

Bang on.

It's odd, a couple of weeks ago Gotham mid season revelation was lesbians which I was 100% fine with as it had been established during the show that one char was gay and the other was bi and both had a previous relationship.

The one in Korra although there were the very slightest of hints they never felt tangible enough to acknowledge as anything other than absolute friendship. Especially considering how other relationships were handled involving both characters in the past.

It is the finality of it all, it kinda leaves me not really knowing who Korra or Asami actually are. They were developed as one thing and in the space of a few seconds a whole other facet to their character was exposed in as blunt a fashion as possible. It was very jarring and surreal.
>>
File: rc9gn dive.gif (820KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
rc9gn dive.gif
820KB, 160x160px
>they're gay because the creator said their close friendship meant they were gay

That just opens the floodgates for any show's staff to retroactively say that the pair of close platonic friends (girls, dudes in a bromance) are gay to get extra press (which is probably why Bryke did it since they spent half the show getting Korra and Asami tangled up in clumsily done hetero shipping bs).

It's despicable and kind of cowardly what Bryke did. Though it'll probably be a year or so until the SJWs realize they've been taken for a ride.
>>
File: 1274718012237.png (290KB, 1536x960px) Image search: [Google]
1274718012237.png
290KB, 1536x960px
> My dad's dead. I feel so vulnerable
> Lick my bean you fire nation cunt
>>
File: how to make co better.png (13KB, 403x268px) Image search: [Google]
how to make co better.png
13KB, 403x268px
well looks like it's time to abandon this thread. It's starting to get to be every other post is tripping my filters.
>>
>>68266454
>Though it'll probably be a year or so until the SJWs realize they've been taken for a ride.

I think a lot of them don't care in the first place, by which I mean they tend to come out of the woodwork when something pleases them. Their numbers swell and they spread their opinion everywhere like gospel. I doubt many of them even watched the show, they're just backing up people who share the same narrative.

Gotta have an opinion, even if you aren't actually invested.
>>
File: korrasami28.jpg (262KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
korrasami28.jpg
262KB, 600x849px
My only issue with their execution of korrasami was that a lot of their interactions in seasons 3 and 4 could be taken as romantic, but only in retrospect. I took them as romantic because I shipped it, but things like Korra only writing Asami or the blush scene, or any of the other moments they had together feel very different now that they are confirmed to be a couple. The romantic tone should have been there on its own rather than because of how the show ends
>>68266030
here you go bro
>>
>>68266170
Bryke ruined the show from the very beginning. They should've never pitched a new show unless they had a solid idea. I.e, ATLA
>>
>>68266525
>The romantic tone should have been there on its own rather than because of how the show ends
fucking this
>>
File: giphy.gif (1010KB, 499x371px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1010KB, 499x371px
OP here, this thread is getting interesting
>>
>>68266431
This nigga gets it
>>
>>68266084
>but that doesn't make for good storytelling, not by a long shot
If it had been two straight characters who barely interacted suddenly fucking each other, those same people that are arguing for the spontaneity of Korrasami would be crying foul.
>>
I don't believe the "Nick woulld't allow excuse" as anything but short-sightedness, because there is a thousand ways to write a romance without coming out (lol) and saying it outright.

They had a lot of stuff in Season 3, but the problem was that there wasn't enough in Season 4.

I still liked it.
>>
File: 1419361335581.png (91KB, 877x592px) Image search: [Google]
1419361335581.png
91KB, 877x592px
>>68266431
>it kinda leaves me not really knowing who Korra or Asami actually are
I really think this is the issue. It is both brilliant and despicable. Byke managed to really throw away great portions of who Korra and Asami were perceived to be (or, to be honest, who they actually were for 99% of the show), and that allows for the shipping crowd and the fanfiction crowd to go hog-wild with their interpretations of every single little thing having to do with these two. I think that's what Bryke was doing with this ending, it may be terribly handled and horribly executed, but it opens the floodgates for exactly what has been happening.

It allows for shippers to come out and say things like "well now all of their interactions were really supposed to be romantic all along", it covers up Bryke's godawful storytelling and writing. With that ending they pulled the proverbial rug out from under the fandom, and in our daze their lack of build-up doesn't seem so shitty anymore.
>>
File: 1402741654576.jpg (21KB, 297x235px) Image search: [Google]
1402741654576.jpg
21KB, 297x235px
Soo it happened, why care....
>>
>>68265664

Talentless hacks making a shitty ending. Nothing new there.

Fuck, even Naruto had a better ending than this pile of shit.
>>
>>68266207
>but the signs are there. They're all just 'blink and you'd miss it' things like the scene at the end of Book 3.
Get off Bryke's dick, anon. There are no romantic signs whatsoever. And yes my "hetero lens" are off, Bryan.
>>
>>68266559
¬.¬ but it was two straight characters who were shipped in the last few minutes for fan service and gay friendly media takeout
>>
>>68266017
He'll probably just claim he's bisexual.

Not that any of this really happened anyway. That anon's probably just making it up
>>
>>68266603
Lmao this
>>
>>68266322

>Tumblr

Never go to that shithole. They need another raid.
>>
>>68266581
because it was like smearing shit on the icing of a cake.

why do that to a cake, and i'm not saying korra was a good cake, it was descent, but not good, but still you shouldn't do that to cake......so yeh, don't fuck with cake.
>>
>>68266575
Did you even watch Season 3?
>>
File: brock.gif (842KB, 500x540px) Image search: [Google]
brock.gif
842KB, 500x540px
GUYS

GUYS

WHAT IF

GUYS LISTEN

LIKE WHAT IF KORRA AND ASAMI ARE STRAIGHT FRIENDS AND IT'S ONLY ALLUDED THAT THEY GET GAY FOR EACH OTHER LATER

GUYS

GUYS

No but seriously, if a guy and a girl were really close friends but no romance was brought up and everyone thought "those two should get together" and they share this moment and that's it and the creators are like "no they totally get together after this" everyone would be all "that makes total sense"
>>
File: 1419253888598.gif (531KB, 250x141px) Image search: [Google]
1419253888598.gif
531KB, 250x141px
>>68266559
I really take issue with this comment, because this is basically just the argument of "you're homophobic", and it's bullshit. If Korra got together with Mako nobody, from a storytelling standpoint would be surprised with it. Because all of the build-up that is dedicated to showing how close Mako and Korra are, and more specifically how much Mako still cares for Korra. On the flip side of that though, nobody would be alright with Korra suddenly admitting feelings for some barely featured male character.

As a matter of fact you (shipper) and I would be sitting here on the same side of this argument, because Bryke wouldn't have their 'rainbow shield' to cover up and protect their shitty writing. Your argument is garbage, it would have been just as bad if it was some random dude, but it isn't. It's some random female character, so you enjoyed the ending.
>>
>>68266594
>hetero lens
I honestly stopped giving a shit about Bryan and Mike after I read that. Who honestly says that? What a smug loser.
>>
>>68266575

Coupled with their obnoxious blog posts it really left a sour taste in my mouth.

Yet I still can't actively hate the show, there is enough there for me to miss it. I absolutely love the production values, the score and animation are second to none. They essentially threw it all away for a few cheap points that they never had the conviction or ability to earn.

It's a disaster for Avatar the franchise as it diminishes what it is and can be in the future. It is now aligned with a specific cause that they will find hard to shift, it is no exposed as being vapid and unreliable, and its creators are show to be gloating ungrateful spiteful gits who actively hate large parts of their audience.
>>
File: 1400044998266.jpg (24KB, 240x251px) Image search: [Google]
1400044998266.jpg
24KB, 240x251px
>wake up
>still off of work
>get a egg mcmuffin and coffee
>hop on /co/
>come into thread
>people that don't like the ending are discussing the issues with the writing and the storytelling
>people that liked the ending are asking if people saw 'x' episode or season and claiming through thinly veiled insults that people that don't like it are homophobic
Shippers are a fucking cancer.
>>
>>68266646
>you're homophobic
Typical brainless defence by those who support this ship and/or Bryke's carelessness.
>>
File: Screenshot_2014-12-26-11-01-20~2.jpg (196KB, 1080x763px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2014-12-26-11-01-20~2.jpg
196KB, 1080x763px
>>68265664
>Implying that this isn't cancer

You douchebags are pathetic.
>>
>>68266637
>No but seriously, if a guy and a girl were really close friends but no romance was brought up and everyone thought "those two should get together" and they share this moment and that's it and the creators are like "no they totally get together after this" everyone would be all "that makes total sense"

This is basically what happened between Varrick and Zhu Li. They didn't have their first romantic moment until the final season, it was entirely one sided, and 6 episodes later, they were fucking engaged to be married.
>>
>>68266611
http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/legend-korra-creators-confirm-official-lesbian-love-story241214

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/12/22/legend-of-korra-fans-demand-more-episodes-2536348?lt_source=external,manual

http://www.towleroad.com/2014/12/the-legend-of-korra-series-finale-nods-to-lgbt-viewers.html
>>
>>68265664
>Genuine criticisms of korrasami

It's dumb and bad

also: not good

also: it is stupid an dumb
>>
>>68266666
>>
>>68266692
I'm aware, anon, and that's why Bryke decided to write blogposts to bask in the free publicity and to stroke their dicks over their "accomplishment."
>>
>>68266646
The Jews Did This?

sounds like Ronaldo, he did call an Israeli footballer an assassin to his face.
>>
>>68266692
Now that I think about it, I've only seen one review not praising this ending for being a milestone in gay rights. A review that treats it like a show rather than a human rights victory.

http://popinsomniacs.com/2014/12/the-legend-of-korra-series-finale-is-revolutionary-but-at-a-cost/
>>
>>68266713
Ronaldo is a hero then.
>>
Just so you know "But they were straifht and only lesbo at the last minute" isn't a valid criticism. Bisexual women are even less represented on TV and tend to get killed off a lot(think Sara from Arrow).

part of the reason us queers like Korrasami is that it looks a lot like real relationships we might have had when we were first exploring our sexuality. you don't have to establish characters as bi anymore than you have to establish them as straight.
>>
>>68266646
You sir are right, nothing lead upto to the faggotry we saw at the end, apart from shit-tier writing and interaction between korra and asami.

Mako reconcilling with Korra would have made better sense.
>>
>>68266725
>"But they were straifht and only lesbo at the last minute" isn't a valid criticism
> Bisexual women are even less represented on TV and tend to get killed off a lot(think Sara from Arrow).
What the hell? That isn't a supporting argument, those are two completely different arguments. Why is that not a valid criticism tripfag?

People are having actual arguments in this thread, making posts with content and then you come in.
>>
Part of the problem too is that people don't really want to examine their biases so are very quick to jump on Bryke for criticising heteronormative readings of the show.

It's important to remember they did point out they kept things subtle/ambiguous but the subtext was there. They also admitted this fell short of being truly revolutionary.

But yet for a lot of queer fans(such as myself) it means the world. I just wish people would accept that instead of pulling goobergate logic on this.
>>
>>68266695
People still salty Korra won.
>>
>>68266646
>I really take issue with this comment, because this is basically just the argument of "you're homophobic", and it's bullshit

Dude, my comment agreed with yours. I didn't enjoy the ending and I did say that if Korra had hooked up with a male character she had only lightly interacted with, the Korrasamifags would be all judgmental of its abruptness.
>>
>>68266760

it's not a valid argument because it's basically bi erasure and exactly the heteronormativity bryke talked about.

bi women exist and they don't always declare themselves as swuch. it's easier for them to date men before they come to terms with that.
>>
>>68266454

Yeah, what if JK Rowling declared DUMBLEDORE to be gay after the series had ended? How would you feel then HUH!>?
>>
File: 1354067955254.gif (373KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1354067955254.gif
373KB, 650x650px
>>68266725
>>68266761
The prophecy was foretold >>68266673
>>
>>68266725
>"But they were straifht and only lesbo at the last minute" isn't a valid criticism

Why? Because that's exactly what happened?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
>>
I was hoping the LBGT community would have had some unpleasant things to say about this, because I imagine there'd be plenty of them with full mental clarity to realize wha a terrible thing that last-second lesbian ending was.
>>
>>68266776

a lot of people think that's a GREAT EXAMPLE of how queer characters shouild be done, i.e. nto at all in the actual narrative, so it won't "get in the way" (of course, heterosexuality seldom does, at least to the same extent).
>>
>>68266761
Its hard for some because they just hate Korra and wanted to be forgotten. Now it won't and will be seen as a first.
>>
>>68266586
>even Naruto had a better ending
lol no. I'm not saying this ending was good, but nothing will ever top Naruto's awful ending.
>>
>>68266786
It was the best pairing available.
>>
>>68266678

Awww is the little cunt mad?
>>
>>68266786
Homosexuality and Transgenderism are literally mental illnesses.
>>
>>68266525
But that's how a lot of young homosexual romance happens, because it can't be out in the open. There's a lot of, "being really close friends" and subtle courtship that, taken out of context, looks like friendliness. Then, at the end, they confess that they're gay and attracted to each other.

The giveaway was that Korra did a bunch of stuff around Asami that was OOC without seeing the ship. Since when was Korra ever shy? Since when was she one to not shout her feelings to the world? But when you realize that she's crushing, it all makes sense.
>>
>>68266798
I never got what was wrong with Naruto's ending. It didn't strike me as best thing ever, but I found nothing offensive about it.
>>
>>68266819
Kaguya was an immensely retarded final boss idea. And her origin story was equally idiotic.
>>
>>68266810
Wu and Mako made more sense than Korrasami
>>
>>68266798

Defeat the villian, got a waifu that actually developed a relationship with. The moon got destroyed and there were babies.

Korra a shit
>>
>>68266775
Nobody is saying bisexuals don't exist. Nobody is saying Korra and Asami should have broken the fourth wall and looked into the camera yelling that they were bisexuals. You're an idiot, your arguments are only based on you being queer and liking something that you think everyone should like because it's queer too.

You pay no mind to quality as long as you can get your representation, you make the LGBT community seem like a bunch of whiny babies living in sewers living off of what scraps the media gives them. You're a terrible poster, a shitty example of a queer person, and have no standards for quality.

Here are some posts by anons that are very well done:
>>68266084
>>68266431
>>68266575
>>
>>68266817
Was it ever explicitly said in the Avatar-verse that homosexuality was frowned upon? And don't go hiding behind the meta defense.
>>
>>68266830
Mako was descredited at this point and Wu is just silly.
>>
>>68266691
Why is no one complaining about that?
>>
>>68265664
As a gay man, I was pretty disappointed. Look, it just felt tacked on and half-assed (not that ANY relationship in LoK was ever terribly satisfying). It's nice getting more representation, but I'm still waiting for more gay characters that are actually written WELL. Hell, even by their own admission, they just up and decided to make it a thing cuz lol why not.

That said, it's a children's show, and introducing younger viewers to the idea that same-sex relationships are okay is nice and it's a step in the right direction.
>>
>>68266786
>Last second

Literally built over two books from friendship to the end point of BEGINNING a romantic relationship.

Cripes so many people bitch because they have to watch interactions to understand things rather than be told them through exposition.
>>
>>68266842
No. Not if they wanted to stay on Nickleodeon.
>>
>>68266775
There are no such things as bisexuals. Just straight and gay people that like to experiment from time to time.
>>
>>68266761
Tripfag being retarded, that's new.

gb2tumblr
>>
>>68266847
Because most people suspected they had a relationship from the start.
>>
>>68266847
Because its a man and a woman. And they are setup by those relationships that came before them Pepper Potts and Tony Stark to name the most prominent one.
>>
>>68266860
As far as comics go? Bisexuality is usually just an excuse to have a gay or lesbian character without having to flat out say "they're gay."

Can't think of too many bisexual women in comics that are with a man.
>>
>tomboy
>actually gay and/or bi

How progressive and not stereotypical at all.
>>
The korasami ending was like a step above thos:
http://youtu.be/aVjmXSS0wKA?t=1m49s
>>
>>68266780
You don't know how bisexuality works, do you?
>>
>>68266814
>Le pretend idiot reply
>>
There's no such thing as Bisexuals.

Just men/women that want to get off, regardless of gender.
And attentionwhores.
>>
>>68266725
>straifht

Jeez, bisexuals can't spell apparently.
>>
>>68266847

The difference is the 2 characters were together from the first time we saw them to the last. Granted it was a rapid development to have it all come out in the finale but they had years together, every single day with zhu li doing far more for varrick than asami ever did for korra.
>>
>>68266860
>TFW Kinsey scale
>>
File: 1272227444_1.jpg (98KB, 475x365px) Image search: [Google]
1272227444_1.jpg
98KB, 475x365px
>>68266673
shippers......one of my top ten most hated things
>>
>>68266884
huh?
>>
>>68266838
>there were babies
Too many of them, who were a carbon copy of their respective parents
>>
I wonder what the short board name will be for the inevitable Korrasami board after /co/ segregates the threads into their own board like they did the ponies.

/koas/?
>>
>>68266842
>Explicitly
Didn't need to be. Avatar has always been, "Modern ethics except when expressly indicated to hew more closely to East Asian conceptions."
>>
>>68265664
Korrasami was written just as bad as any romantic relationship in the Avatar universe. Other than that, they're pretty cute together
>>
File: 1333860209289.jpg (66KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1333860209289.jpg
66KB, 500x500px
>>68266767
Yes you did, and I apologize for being a fucking idiot. It's very early and i'm still not completely alert. I can't remember if I was responding to someone else, or if I really just read your comment as saying that if it was two straight characters that I wouldn't be angry.

Whatever the case I was wrong, and I agree with your comment completely now that I went back and read it after having had breakfast. My bad.
>>
>>68266884

But i dont pretend to be trolling you. You are legit angry, you cunt
>>
>>68266896
A scale by a dude who stuck TOOTHBURSHES into his PENIS.
>>
>>68266870
bisexuals are rare, funny enough they are all drug addicts and or porn performers
>>
>>68266915
>Too many of them, who were a carbon copy of their respective parents

Like the Asians that wrote it?
>>
>>68266810
That's like saying dogshit is better than bullshit, they're both still shit and you don't even have to pick any of them
>>
I don't care how much sense does it make. It is apparently accepted that protagonist must get with someone else from main cast, and I wouldn't want Korra to get with Mako and Bolin.

I don't care how much sense does it make, because Asami was the most sympathetic of the cast. After all, it's fiction. And it was the last scene, so unlike all the other bullshit, it will affect nothing in the future.
>>
>>68266924

>sliding this thread continues
>>
>>68266921
So that's you just assuming that being gay is frowned upon in Avatar. That's your take.
>>
>>68266934
Okay, anon. You made me laugh, I'll give you that.
>>
>>68266929
It was in the name of science.
>>
>>68266842
I highly doubt Air Nomad culture would take kindly to it
>>
>>68265777
>not really
Forbes has an article about how it's the "best finale of the year."
>>
>>68266932
Hercules doesn't do hard drugs I think. I mean, he's probably done a video or two over the centuries, but not in a professional capacity.
>>
File: 1326181149380.jpg (42KB, 419x559px) Image search: [Google]
1326181149380.jpg
42KB, 419x559px
>>68266884
>that image
>"I wish a homophobe would"
I'm from San Francisco, as a matter of fact live in the Haight. Whoever made that original post is probably some fifteen year old yuri shipping girl, because nobody around here even notices homos.
>>
>>68266847
We have, ZhuXVarrick is shit too and also came out of fucking nowhere. I mean, they literally went from master/servant, to one sided, to engaged to married in like 6 episodes, they didn't even fucking date to see how compatible they are when Varrick's not telling and making Zhu Li do stuff. That's shit.

But the Korrasami thing is still what most people wanna talk about
>>
>>68266955
Forbes and numerous News sources and Entertainment Magazines giving it major approval. Asami won the Korrabowl and Korra won the Year.
>>
Anon

you will NEVER have a civilized Korra thread, ever again. Stop trying.
>>
File: 199pczrjl3ignpng.png (157KB, 336x475px) Image search: [Google]
199pczrjl3ignpng.png
157KB, 336x475px
>>68266928
>I was just pretending to pretend to be retarded
Man you're the worst kind of cancer.

Gamergate and /pol/ have ruined everything. We can't just argue anymore, we have to make it into a movement where we develop a platform and then attack everyone who doesn't conform. Free speech, anonymous forum, my ass.
>>
>>68265664
OP here, this is what it felt like when the writer did what he did

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy4SuzhptcI
>>
The fact that Korasami came out of nowhere doesn't bother me so much as the fact that the audience is expected to fawn over how bold and progressive it was, and forget that the rest of the show was garbage.

I get it, they're dykes. So are my neighbors. Can we talk about the actual show now?
>>
>>68266967
They've been working together for over a decade, they know everything about eachother.

Why date?
>>
>>68266967
Again Subtext Varrick didn't name things after her for no reason.
>>
>>68266980
Was there anything else worth talking about?

Maybe how much Korra disappointed us.
>>
>>68266971
Jeez, it's like The Emperor's New Clothes, except there's no one that can speak loud enough to point out that everyone's been duped.
>>
>>68266971
links to sauce plz
>>
>>68266883
And Bryke does? You think it's subtlety, but it's probably them half-assing it like they've been doing for most of the program.
>>
>>68267000

Just wait till it wins an emmy.
>>
>>68266981
Cause you don't just switch from a relationship where you've been acting like a guy's slave for years and years and where he saw you as a slave pretty much for the majority of those years up until maybe a week or two ago, and jump straight into marriage.

The dynamic is too weird at that point cause you don't know them in a romantic sense and now you have to start seeing and treating them as an equal but probably will still fall back on ordering them to do shit for example, or falling back on doing what the other person asks for even if by mistake, blah blah blah, you can't just jump into engagement and marriage that fucking fast. That's shit writing.
>>
>>68266216
>Mako gets the solice that he is the ultimate man. After a woman is with him, no other man will do.
ehh.. maybe, (failing two relationships like that though).
>>
>>68267018
You don't want it. It is ridiculously embarrassing to read.
>>
>>68267000
Because its only you nutters that have been living off this hate for years that feel this way. Get over it.

>>68267018
Google Legend of Korra and click the news tab.
>>
>>68266986
Naming shit after a person in no way implies romantic feelings

It's just easier to remember shit if they all have the same damn name
>>
>>68267038
i'll heed to your advice then anon
>>
>>68267026
It wasn't really slavery. He just thought she's completely in tune with him. And it was true.
>>
File: 1349155457374.jpg (34KB, 804x651px) Image search: [Google]
1349155457374.jpg
34KB, 804x651px
>>68266980
Sure. Let's talk about the ending scene with Korra and Asami walking off together. You know what I remember from that scene? The buildings in the background, decimated and covered in spirit vines. Those were people's homes and businesses. That city has been decimated, absolutely destroyed, when the citizens return what will they return to? There is no hope for that place anymore, none that is foreseeable during the ending at least.

People's lives are in pieces now, and they're going to come back to a bright light in the middle of their city. Take screen caps of that last scene, and crop out the shipping cancer and it looks like something out of a post-apocalyptic video game. And what does Korra do? What does the almighty Avatar, saviour of the people and breaker of LGBT chains do? She fucking leaves for a vacation with someone she has a crush on. There is no indication of how long she will be gone for, or anything. She leaves, eyes on her new girlfriend and not on the shattered city around her, and that's it. Despicable.
>>
>>68267040
>Because its only you nutters that have been living off this hate for years that feel this way. Get over it.

For the love of god, TLOK isn't a perfect little snowflake just because there was some extremely tepid lesbian showcasing at the very last second.
>>
Doom Gus doesn't like what he saw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4zfvOoaO-Q
>>
>>68267058
Dude, she was being treated LIKE a slave.

She was the damn bottom of the bear costume where she was probably breathing nothing but Varrick's sweaty swampass and still had to make the guy's tea and get yelled at.
>>
>>68266980
THIS.
I'm gay and, as much as I'd like to have more representation in media, I'm still waiting on more gay characters that are written WELL and aren't just there to show how progressive it was.
People rightly bashed Makorra for being terribly written from start to end. People pointed out how stupid and cringe-y all of Bolin's relationships were. People complained that Varrick and Zhu-li's thing came out of nowhere. BUT OH LOOK, NOW WE'VE GOT GAYS, EVERYONE HOP ABOARD OR YOU'RE HOMOPHOBIC. What no, it wasn't badly written, they're gay, you HAVE to support it!

Fuck that. There ARE some very well written gay characters out there. There are shows that just have them and don't turn them into a novelty to shove in your face. Lok isn't one of them, sorry.
>>
>>68267073
Not perfect no but its nowhere near the shit that you people constantly act like it is.
>>
>>68267090
Seconded. Seriously.
>>
>>68267090
the REAL problem here is convincing the "public media" of crap like this, because news articles praising it are incredibly ill-informed.
>>
>>68267077
It's not like he was holding her captive and I think she could've found a better job. For Varrick it was looking like she wanted all this.
>>
>>68265664
>korrasami
I'm honestly kind of depressed that Bryke actually confirmed Korrasami when it should have been ambiguous as intended. Now, I'm certain Nick isn't going to make a spinoff/sequel/prequel or any continuation of the franchise. Or if they are, whatever happens after Avatar Korra isn't going to reference Korra's romantic relationship with Asami as canon.
>>
File: questioning argentinian.png (180KB, 600x314px) Image search: [Google]
questioning argentinian.png
180KB, 600x314px
>>68267075
>Doom Gus
>>
File: 1330734915598.jpg (90KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
1330734915598.jpg
90KB, 500x377px
>>68267090
10/10
>>
>>68267112
It wasn't supposed to be ambiguous its just some where incurably thick about it.

Because they need to have every interaction fucking spelled out.

Cripes the salt in this place.
>>
File: 1419468026287.gif (2MB, 512x287px) Image search: [Google]
1419468026287.gif
2MB, 512x287px
>this thread
>>
>>68267090
I'm really unimpressed. I mean, you can say showing gay kiss is at least subversive somewhat and a novelty for a kids cartoon but they were just kinda looking at each others and decided to travel.

Candace Flynn and Stacy Hirano are more lesbian than this.
>>
>>68267090
But Korra wasn't badly written (except maybe the second season). She completed her mirror arc of Aang's development: Aang was a kid who didn't want to be the Avatar who assumed his responsibility, Korra was an Avatar who learned to embrace her own personal story both within and outside her duties. That's why she has to lose her bending in the first season, her connection to the past Avatars in the second, and her confidence and self assurance in the third.
>>
>>68267139
Oh yeah, all that polite interaction.
>>
>>68267139

It wasn't supposed to be ambiguous but it ended up being so because it was so poorly written. We've covered all this.
>>
>>68265664
I think Bryke did the pussy toe in the water method. Didn't commit to either, left it hang in the air until the dust settled before they made it canon.

they could have easily stated it was a platonic sisterly relationship that just needed to be strengthened from the trouble and danger it had been subjected to. But seeing as the viewership and consensus on bi coupling was good, they just went 'Yep, they are a couple' Thinking themselves revolutionary. Thats the part that shits me.
>>
>>68267153
>Korra wasn't badly written

Varrick: Yo, Korra, btw Amon is my brother and we're both the sons of that one blood bending crook. Sorry to drop this all on ya in the last couple of episodes, but you were busy blood bending
Zaheer: Something, something child's conception of anarchy
Kuvira: I was adopted and raised in a loving environment. Yeah, that's why I'm evil.
>>
File: goro.jpg (30KB, 264x264px) Image search: [Google]
goro.jpg
30KB, 264x264px
>>68267112
>yfw they treat Korra the same way Lucas treated the 2003 clone wars cartoon and make a fresh new start
>>
>>68267112
This. Bryke pretty much ended their own franchise, because there's no way Nick can get away with a homosexual canon couple in a children's cartoon show. Damnit, I was looking forward to the next based earth avatar.
>>
>>68265686

They're striaght
>>
>>68267107
It's not really that big news.

But bet your bottom dollar mornoic /pol/, stormfront and gamergoobers will push it to the forefront since they don't understand the definition of backfire.
>>
>>68267173
>But seeing as the viewership and consensus on bi coupling was good, they just went 'Yep, they are a couple' Thinking themselves revolutionary. Thats the part that shits me.

Pretty much this.
>>
>>68267111
>It's not like he was holding her captive

You don't have to hold someone captive to treat them like a slave anon.

>For Varrick it was looking like she wanted all this.

Oh lord, really anon?

And that still wouldn't excuse him treating her like a slave.
>>
>>68267021
>You think it's subtlety
Not really. What bothers me is the fact that people seem to think bisexuality is jumping from straight to gay and viceversa.
I've been an omnivore all my life. Just because today I decided to eat a salad, you wouldn't say I'm a vegetarian, would you?
About the writing itself, I think the fact that Bryke confirmed Korrasami as "canon" was a mistake, because the way I see it, they spent the last two seasons trying to develop the relationship between Korra and Asami, but as friends. Them being friends first is essential to any healthy eventual romantic relationship. So, the way I see it, sure, they maybe started having feelings romantic feelings for each other, but just at the final episode. They could get together eventually as a couple after that, but the fact that Bryke "confirmed" it, made everyone start thinking that the romantic feelings were there all along and we just had to look, which I don't think it's what happened at all.
So yeah, Bryke sucks for "confirming" it, but my main problem with your post was that you said straigh->lesbian, which is not how bisexuality works, really.
>>
>>68267221
It's called Stockholm syndrome
>>
What if homosexuality is heavily scrutinized in the Avatar world and as such Korra/Asami tried their best to hide that from season 1 to 3 until the finale in which case they said fuck it all and went all out.
>>
>>68267184
Kurvira was raised by Suyin "fuck the law and the government" Beifong despite enforcing her own law and being the political official of an entire city. I'm not surprised Jr. and Kurvira ended up screwed up as they are.
>>
>>68267221
She never complained. She never objected. How the hell he was supposed to see it as anything but 100% commitment to his genius.

Remember, kids, people are not psychics. People think that those who look content are content. If you have problems with them, tell them.
>>
>>68267266
No.

They already had a lesbian and a homo as Avatar anyway.
>>
>>68267211
This. You want to know why they push diversity so hard in the media? It's the "equal and opposite reaction" to the attempts to erase people of color and LGBT from popular media. If people would stop giving a damn so much, they'd show up about as much as well they do in real life, instead of disproportionately in waves (that is, on me, and them everywhere, and then none).

It's a fucking diversity bubble and you idiots keep pumping it up.
>>
>>68267295
I'd wish the mods would get rid of these threads already.
>>
>>68267189
Only if also they remove the character who's the Jar Jar Binks of Legend of Korra. You know the one.
>>
>>68267276
>She never complained. She never objected.

You realize of course than once you've beaten someone down enough (and I don't mean literally) that they're now usually conditioned to not complain or say jackshit right?

For example, you can't treat your wife like shit, get her to the point that her shit life is all she knows, treat her like a slave and then tell the judge "well she never complained, her tone of voice and how she went about things certainly didn't show enthusiasm or anything and in fact showed contempt but she never said no"

>How the hell he was supposed to see it as anything but 100% commitment to his genius.

If you can't pick stuff up on body language or tone, you're autistic or narcissistic and self involved and just don't give a shit. Either way, what you're doing is fucked up
>>
>>68267323
Korra herself?
>>
>>68267323
I'm guessing either Mako or Meelo. Or maybe Bolin.
>>
>>68267383
Nah Bolins solid. Meelo doesnt do anything except fart and do stupid shit
>>
>>68267355
>autistic or narcissistic and self involved and just don't give a shit
That's a very accurate description of Varrick.
>>
>criticisms of korrasami
I feel like this is skirting the crux of the issue. You don't need an entire website to explain why the last 2 minutes of Korra was shit when KORRA AS A WHOLE WAS SHIT.
>>
>>68267399
And

>Either way, what you're doing is fucked up
>>
>>68267355
I'm not really saying they are going to be a good couple, but you can't call their original relationship slavery.

And someone who never protest until she throws massive tantrum is a dwarf fortress resident, not a suitable wife either.
>>
>>68266853
>Being this delusional
>>
>horrid romance in season two
>no creative bending until season three. Korra literally just punch and kicked all the elements for the whole first season
>korra's character was unlikeable and arrogant, terrible set up for an MC
>retconning the avatar state
>raava/vaatu arc was uninspired and generic, the rest of the villains were good because they reflected political extremes
>pro bending was boring
>>
I think some hints were dropped.
The hair compliment and blush being the most obvious one
But I also think if could have been handled better.

It could be argued that they didn't even realize they had barely begun to realize their feelings for each other. The spirit portal thing being the "beginning" of something.

They had become close friends by season 3.
They busting Mako's chops when he was awkward was pretty funny and a good moment. But really best aligns with a close friendship
But There was potential -- and honestly "lawl lesbians are hawt" jokes aside they really would make a good couple.

I think part of the problem was Censorship/Nick and them being not the best writers. Like they couldn't be obvious. But they couldn't be too subtle. Combine that with the people that brought us fucking "Vatuu and the dark avatar" and you will have problems.

I don't think Korra lined up with TLAB in quality. The second season was pretty terrible and the end of the first season bothered me.

But 3 and 4 were pretty solid.
I kind of liked how the focus shifted from Korra and it became more about the others. I don't know if it was intentional but It kind of went along with the theme of the world not needing the Avatar quite so much anymore.

Plus more world building. That was one of the things I loved about TLAB.
>>
>>68267275

MORE FUCKING DADDY ISSUES?! JESUS CHRIST! DOES THAT PAIR OF TWATS CAN DO ANYTHING ELSE?!
>>
>>68267521
>horrid romance in season two

It was at it's worst in season 1.
>>
>>68265664

Korrasami a shit.
>>
>>68267533
>Season 4.
>Solid.

It wasn't, It started great, and every episode the quality went down, until you got to the recap episode, the final nail in the coffin.
>>
File: 1419450097853.png (3MB, 1157x3533px) Image search: [Google]
1419450097853.png
3MB, 1157x3533px
>>68267409
This. Hell after like episode 4 of season 1 I could tell the ATLA I knew and loved was ogre.
>>
File: Wat8[1].jpg_131593.jpg (38KB, 604x404px) Image search: [Google]
Wat8[1].jpg_131593.jpg
38KB, 604x404px
>>68267468
>but you can't call their original relationship slavery.

I never said that it was straight up slavery or anything.

>you've been acting like a guy's slave for years and years
keywords: ACTING and LIKE

>he saw you as a slave pretty much
PRETTY MUCH

He treated her LIKE a slave, she has to do almost fucking everything for this dude and she certainly wasn't enjoying any of it, her tone when saying "Yes sir" or whatever certainly didn't show she was content or happy, her face certainly didn't show that she was happy.

>And someone who never protest until she throws massive tantrum is a dwarf fortress resident

Da FUQ?
>>
>>68267603
>Much less interesting villains

That's the only thing I disagree with. Ozai wasn't as interesting as most of LOK villains.
>>
You can say it wasn't done well, or there should have been more.

But you're a fucking mong if you say it came out of nowhere.
>>
>>68267568

Bah. It wasn't as good as Season 3 but it never made me angry like 1 or 2.

This was a season about everyone but Korra Really.

Bolin had growth.
Varrik was practically the protagonist.
Jhu Li went from background cutie to everyones waifu
Ikki got to shine.
Pemma even got a fucking moment.
>>
>>68267655
you can fucking interpret that as a friendly relationship

>but muh hetero glasses
can't mask that shit for shitty writing bryke
>>
>>68267645

He was voiced by Mark Hamill, he's awesome by default.
>>
>>68265664
About Korrasami? I have to say, the first time I heard of it, I thought it was kind of a joke. Seeing how they stablished both straight in two whole seasons.

Then, I noticed it wasn't. People saying so sure: "You're not seeing the obvious" and all that.

How can they took that for granted? Even many of the posts here were expecting "Implied Korrasami" at the end. I dunno, I'm pretty sure Bryke spread the rumor for their own ending here. Then, shippers fueled that. Why not?
>>
>>68267603
switch momo with sokka

and scratch the less interesting villains
>>
>>68267603

I didn't hate the SW prequels as much as I hate LOK....the Hobbit trilogy was clusterfuck and a huge dissapointment though.
>>
>>68267660
For me Korrasami is Makorra 2.0
Darn, those guys can't into romance at all...
>>
>>68267680
>you can fucking interpret that as a friendly relationship

You can interpret anything as a friendly relationship without one of the people saying they like the other retard. But anyone with half a brain would interpret it as romantic. Just like the ending could be interpreted as friendship, but everyone but a few retards on /co/ understood it was romantic.
>>
>>68267603

>Talking shit of Iroh.

Fuck you, man
>>
>>68267724
It's so easy to interpret them as romantic after Bryke had to make a blog post about it

Says it all really
>>
>>68267702

I like to picture Bryan or Mike googling Korra fanart and stumbling across Owler's Korrasami artwork masturbating furiously and deciding they needed to make that shit canon
>>
>>68267680
Like I said. Exhibit A, Mongular.
>>
>>68267750
They didn't have to, You can even see them bring up all the articles written about it that call it a romantic relationship. Every reaction vid and everyone else except some retards on /co/ knew it was romantic from the second it hit. But for the few idiots who won't accept anything but spit swapping they made a post.
>>
>>68267750
Or all the people saying it before, and then the vocal minority screaming about how it wasn't true unless they confirmed it, thinking that they'd just leave it ambiguous because Nick. Turns out that backfired a bit. It got confirmed. And people can scream and whine about them being 'condescending' but all they're doing is proving what they said right, especially about the lenses thing, and how people are so often predisposed to read it in a straight light.
>>
>>68267717

Perhaps not.
But I think the key is an understanding of character outside of the writers themselves.

It flirts dangerously with Head canon, sure. But its important to understand a character and art apart from its creator. You know what I mean?

Like they're an abstract entity in of themselves.
>>
>>68267780
>>68267789
I meant the "evidence" leading up to the final scene.
>>
File: 1407458246877.gif (298KB, 379x329px) Image search: [Google]
1407458246877.gif
298KB, 379x329px
>>68267201

Word of god says otherwise, thankfully.

Was shipping Korrasami since it existed.
>>
>>68267796
Re: Lenses, just like I fucking said you illiterate mong.
>>
>>68267812
>>68267761
>>68267655
Except even through yuri goggles, their interactions can still be read as platonic. This isn't about disallowing any bisexuality or homosexuality pairing, it's about proper storytelling and how jarringly out of left field this came from.

If you have to make an announcement after the fact about the meaning of the last scene in your show you have failed as storytellers, spectacularly so. By being unable to even make the ending pairing apparent, it's not the fault of the network for refusing to show it, it's the fault of the creators for being unable to present it. Art is defined by its limits and an artist is limited by their ability. If you can't show something well enough, you don't know how to present it or fight enough for it to be more obvious.
>>
>>68267603
Korra was a good friend
>>
File: 1328955998851.jpg (96KB, 713x746px) Image search: [Google]
1328955998851.jpg
96KB, 713x746px
>>68267801
>i've had shitty taste for a long time
the things you people are proud of.
>>
>>68267801

Cunt
>>
>>68267820
They made the announcement after because of the spergy retards like you. That's it. Most people had no trouble reading the interactions.

All on you, dawg, stop trying to shift the blame.
>>
>>68267724
Truly not. You don't puzzle your viewers. Stop that hetero googles thing.

If you have two characters that were stablished totally straight in two complete seasons, you can't blame people for not considering their interactions as romantic later, when creators decided to do that, all of a sudden. It's logic.

If we saw a lesbian couple and then one of them ends with a boy, a guy who used to be a good friend with nothing strongly implied, we will be as confused as now.
>>
>>68267801
>caring enough about any of the main characters to ship them
This is the part I don't understand.
>>
>>68267851
Sorry if I don't accept writer's trying to cover their asses after pulling this bullshit publicity stunt as an unbiased well of truth.
>>
>>68267851

"Most"

You have no metrics to measure anything nevermind keep trying to reinforce the notion that a majority had the same opnion or how substantial such a majority might be.

There were enough didn't buy it that they had to clarify, that says enough.
>>
File: 1340433133397.jpg (103KB, 384x313px) Image search: [Google]
1340433133397.jpg
103KB, 384x313px
Who gives a shit if Korra and the doormat ended up together, I'm just pissed that they wasted the final scene of the series on something as stupid as tumblr pandering instead of giving us a decent ending
>>
>>68267914
I know right. So much for "team Avatar"
>plot's over, let's hook up and fuck off!
>>
File: 1419147077168.png (230KB, 1113x1619px) Image search: [Google]
1419147077168.png
230KB, 1113x1619px
>>68267655
We can do this until the world ends. It'll never change how people perceived it. If anything, Korra seems to give in to Asami purely out of guilt.
>>
>>68267896
It says that you're a retard without the ability no story comprehension. You should feel embarrassed that a bunch of 14 year old girls have better story comprehension skills than you.
>>
>>68267959
Then those people are retards, proving exactly what they said. Simple as that.
>>
File: Oh....jpg (160KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Oh....jpg
160KB, 500x500px
>>68267655
People actually believe this?
>>
>>68267981

Way to project, I said nothing about the story or anything. I simply said your assumption of numbers was baseless.

You're just confirming your own bias with how angry you are bu throwing derogatory terms around. Everyones a retard, so tolerant, so progressive.
>>
File: 1419220861043.jpg (903KB, 1862x1961px) Image search: [Google]
1419220861043.jpg
903KB, 1862x1961px
>>68267991
truly your wisdom surpasses all others.
>>
>>68268024
The fact that they clarified it has nothing to do with numbers. That's extrapolation on your part, and if you are going to say that, let's get a cite on the numbers of people that are that thick.

What it does do is put out their opinion on the matter, and shuts down trolls.
>>
>>68268037
>Here, let me have random posts saved! That'll prove my point, really guiz

Mh-hm.
>>
>>68267914
>>68267922
This
>>
File: bearhuh.png (15KB, 754x406px) Image search: [Google]
bearhuh.png
15KB, 754x406px
>>68267820
...Did someone just copypaste my post from a few days ago? I wrote this verbatim.

And it still works.
>>
>>68268058
See >>68267880
>>
>>68268058

Again your bias is showing by calling them trolls or thick. They have a different interpretation of what is on the screen and shared an opinion on it.

If it was just 10 guys on /co/ Bryke wouldnt have simulposted their clarification as that opinion would have been irrelevant in the scheme of things. There were even articles on forbes and other places interpreting it as sisterly friendship in contrast to those that buy into the narrative that they meant korrasami shipping all along.
>>
File: 1419186626358.jpg (2MB, 1920x4151px) Image search: [Google]
1419186626358.jpg
2MB, 1920x4151px
>>68268073
i'm a different anon, i just don't like you because you're a smarmy mouth breathing cunt.
>>
>>68267780
>Every reaction vid and everyone else except some retards on /co/ knew it was romantic from the second it hi
The only people vain enough to record themselves reacting to something are those with a heavy investment, and shippers are those with the heaviest of tangential attachments and USI.
Them quoting people as agreeing with them doesn't make it actually well thought out, it makes their standards lower for accepting a non-confirmation as akin to fully admissible.
You just basically said that because the incredibly loud minority expected it that made it true, when having to confirm it after the fact means it's not true in theory, since if it were it would be able to stand for itself, which it can't.
>>
>>68268105
....that's literately the fucking argument, you idiot.

The lenses thing. For fuck's sake, you can't dismiss the argument, then make one that applies to it. YOU expected they'd be strait, because that's what's normal, you don't see Bi people much. Because of why? Your fucking het lenses, heteronormality. You dense dogshit.
>>
I don't this show or shit by a long shot. Is it average or above average, yes it is because so many expected to live up TLA despite originally just being a one-shot series. Story wise everything but season 3-4 was disjointed or just badly paced because of a combination of shoddy writing,issues during production, and no long term game plans. Seasons 3-4 had a good concept of what they were wanting and how they're gonna do it. Season 1 apparently had some terrible production issues stemming from Nick dicking around over a female protagonist wouldn't sell well and they ended up making it have no marketing. Season 1 was just badly paced and introduced too much and resolved arcs too quickly to make it fulfilling, had it had say 17-20 or so episodes then it could've had more time to develop each characters,the world,etc,etc
Season 2 was mostly a result of Nick being surprised that there was a lot of people actually watching the show. This in turn made Nick order more episodes and forced the team to basically do SOMETHING that seemed interesting and we got some more information about the spirit world. The idea of explaining the spirit world and the Avatar is a pretty good idea on paper and people get to know more about the lore. Well having to carry over shit from last season muddled this, 14 episodes from a show that's a lot more story driven than anything else on it's airing channel isn't enough IMO because TLA got 20 episodes each of it's seasons. We can assume had they had more time to work on everything then the show would've been better than what we got : bad pacing, confusing plot, UnaVaatu,Deus Ex Jinora,Giant Glowly Korra.
>>
>>68268129
>Let's just keep posting the same shit over and over! That'll make my point!!!

And I'm the mouth-breather? Learn to use a keyboard, sweetie, the shift key is your friend.
>>
File: 1411926076575.png (178KB, 330x319px) Image search: [Google]
1411926076575.png
178KB, 330x319px
>>68265664
>Anti-Korrasamifag is so butthurt he's going to make a website dedicated just to complaining about Korrasami

This just keeps better and better. The delusion of the anti-shippers has far surpassed that of the shippers at this point and it's fucking hilarious. Stay mad, kid
>>
File: 1394850688196.jpg (166KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1394850688196.jpg
166KB, 1024x768px
>>68268129
Here, you probably should use some of this.
>>
>>68268129
It's really kind of cute. You post all these....but you always leave out the rebutting posts.

Almost as if it would wreck your augment!

You're pulling a Creig. Throwing out as many arguments as possible so that it's impossible for someone to slap each one down in anything approaching a timely manner.
>>
>>68268169
Fucking this. I love /co/. For a week now I've been listening to this while browsing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSTivVclQQ0
>>
>>68266084
the only true parts i seen was korra really only talked with asami over the three years, and when korra came back asami commented over her short hair in which krora clearly blushes
>>
>>68265664
Well at least you can get it all into writing and organized no less. Commendable. Best of luck.
>>
>>68268330
Watch it again, actually.

She doesn't blush at the complement.

She blushes when she starts to return it.
>>
I'm just fucking happy it wasn't Makorra.
>>
>>68268456
Just imagine the shitstorm.
>>
File: SMS.jpg (40KB, 481x480px) Image search: [Google]
SMS.jpg
40KB, 481x480px
>>68267820
>it's not the fault of the network for refusing to show it, it's the fault of the creators for being unable to present it.
Fucking agreed.
>>
>>68265957
>There seem to be more meaningful lesbian couples in media than there are platonic female friends.

Because we went DECADES without any gay relationships on TV. We'll never correct past imabalances, but it makes sense that there are lots of gays and lesbians on TV now, because that is an audience need that went unaddressed for so long.

>>68265981

This presupposes that being a lesbian is bad, or an insult or something. Straight girls don't need someone to prove to them that they can be awesome even if they're straight. There are far more positive role models for straight girls on TV than there are for gay girls. And there have been plenty of Western cartoons with awesome (straight) female leads, whereas this is the very first one with a gay/bi female lead.
>>
>legitimate and in-depth criticism gets responded to by people saying "u mad" ad nauseam

These threads in a nutshell.
>>
When are we going to see shows with male X trap relationships? I need this.
>>
>>68266786

>>68266786

if we did then you'd bitch abut us being needy and entitled and demanding more than they were reasonably able to give in a Nick show.

i do wish it was better. i wish Korra and Asami had spent just a little more time together and Book 4, and that we were getting an S5. but i'm just so happy they ended up together because I NEVER expected it to happen.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2014-06-02-10h29m47s108.png (216KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2014-06-02-10h29m47s108.png
216KB, 512x384px
Two girls that have resented each other for two seasons > Friends for no raisin > Lovers for secular progressive brownie points
>>
>>68268593
Or not even lesbian.

Fucking bisexuality is the single most rare thing you'd ever done see.
>>
File: 96798709378597.gif (193KB, 500x276px) Image search: [Google]
96798709378597.gif
193KB, 500x276px
>>68268658
>Two girls that have resented each other for two seasons

Never happened. Did you watch the show?
>>
No kiss
>>
File: 1419103205630.webm (322KB, 450x268px)
1419103205630.webm
322KB, 450x268px
>>68268713
>>
>>68268658
>Two girls that have resented each other for two seasons

see >>68268683 Korra was jealous of Asami but that didn't last even half of season one.

>Friends for no raisin
They became close between seasons two and three. It's implied Asami continued to live on Air temple Island, and then there was the whole of season three.

>Lovers for secular progressive brownie points

Maybe, but they were the most likely pairing for the two since the end of season two.
>>
>>68268713
Did Opal and Bolin ever Kiss, I honestly don't remember.

If I am upset about anything its that I didn't get to see Asami and Korra do this
>>
File: tumblr_m3q41qdd501r092v4o1_500.gif (522KB, 500x279px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m3q41qdd501r092v4o1_500.gif
522KB, 500x279px
>>68269128
Pic might help
>>
File: 1413282169543.gif (2MB, 475x277px) Image search: [Google]
1413282169543.gif
2MB, 475x277px
>>68265664
My only real criticism of Korra and Asami being a thing is that they didn't build it up better. If we hadn't lost that one episode to a clip show they could have laid the groundwork proper. As is I only got that they had become closer friends, but anything else we either weren't shown or just didn't happen.

Still, beyond that, I don't really have a problem with it. Asami is probably the most outright beautiful character the Avatar universe has ever given us, not cute or warm or pretty, outright beautiful. I'd be hard pressed to not see why Korra like the physical side, and she obviously liked the person too. As for Asami, a lot of men in her life have turned out to be a disappointment at one point or another, and it's easy to see why she'd seek comfort with a female friend. The idea of that developing into love and all that comes with that? That I can buy . . . it just needed built up better. That's really it. If they'd had the time, the extra episodes and such . . . if they'd laid the groundwork, this would make perfect sense from Asami's point of view.

Korra's point of view? I'm not too sure why she changed from men to women, because she'd only shown interest in men prior. Sure, people change, but I don't think the writers ever properly clued the audience into that change, or if there'd been an underlying preference the entire time prior to this revelation. My outright assumption is that she was bi all along and only explored one side of things, but Asami and Korra both seemed to have an outright preference for a cute guy earlier in the series so maybe they're both bi? I dunno. This is why I want more groundwork though, because it could give you a bit more insight into their inner feelings/thoughts.

Anyways, like I said, I'm fine with it, I'd have just liked more build up.

As for the people that don't like it, either because they just don't think she should be a lesbian or because they felt like it was out of nowhere? Eh. Life goes on I suppose.
>>
File: 1379725562931.png (72KB, 300x212px) Image search: [Google]
1379725562931.png
72KB, 300x212px
>>68266084
>There is a Roger Ebert quote about that floating around, but I don't remember it
“If you have to ask what it symbolizes, it didn't.”
>>
File: 1363905916082.jpg (98KB, 393x391px) Image search: [Google]
1363905916082.jpg
98KB, 393x391px
>>68268367
>She blushes when she starts to return it.
Well clearly they are deeply in love then.

How could we have missed this?!
>>
>>68269288
That's actually a pretty decent signal. I'm sorry you're socially retarded. Combined with the other stuff? Yes, it does start to indicate a trend.
>>
>>68269176
I feel so offended by this post, and I cracked jokes at my moms funeral.

There doesn't ever need to be a reason for two girls going from friends to lovers other than they want to. Assuming they need a reason is a little too close to that "Root" of homosexuality, those Fix'em teach.

Plus one relationship with one guy and zero interest in any other guy doesn't reall work as proof of sexuality. They were always Bi, they just went for the D before they found the V.

Other than that I do wish we had more build up.
>>
File: 45235325.gif (474KB, 400x198px) Image search: [Google]
45235325.gif
474KB, 400x198px
>>68269319
>Combined with the other stuff?
What other stuff? Them standing next to one another? Or no, how about that huge hint where Asami brings Korra tea? No no no, better even still, Korra wrote Asami that one time.

Ya'll are fucking batshit crazy.
>>
>>68269288
That is the start of Pretty much every couple in in ATLA and LOK

Aang/Katara
Katara/Jet: That's how we knew they liked each other anyway
Sokka/Yue
Suki/Sokka
Asami/Mako
Mako/Korra: When they stopped fighting anyway.
Kai/Jinora
Bolin/Opal

Only two couples don't follow the "Blush to Couple" system Mai/Zuko who were an already established couple and Varrick/Zhu li, unless you count their moment in the train as a mini blush, which is a huge pandering moment.
>>
File: 1419211446104.jpg (54KB, 294x546px) Image search: [Google]
1419211446104.jpg
54KB, 294x546px
>>68269401
>>
>>68266586
>Fuck, even Naruto had a better ending than this pile of shit.
I hope you don't really believe this. The pairings in Naruto were even bigger asspulls than this, even between characters who had only interacted once, or even worse, never interacted before.
>>
>>68269392
Bryke has sucked at romance from the beginning, don't know why it all of a sudden upsets you. About the only difference between Korrasami and Every other canon couple is we get no afterwards of seeing them be a couple.
>>
File: 1341309168168.jpg (128KB, 638x480px) Image search: [Google]
1341309168168.jpg
128KB, 638x480px
Thread is dead.

Let the Korrasami crazies have it.
>>
>>68269392

You could argue that she only brought Korra tea.

Was anyone else kind of saddened how this team Avatar completely fell apart? I can easily see Korrasami and the dynamic duo never talking, again. I don't think Bolin or Korra even really interacted at all.
>>
File: korra blogs.png (346KB, 617x432px) Image search: [Google]
korra blogs.png
346KB, 617x432px
http://channelawesome.com/korra-vlogs-the-final-episode/

They liked it but wish the romance had more development throughout the series.
>>
>>68269419
I only remember the Context of Zuko/Toph and a loli did just declare she gets to go on a special date with him. Zuko has a dirty mind
>>
>>68269322
You seem to be under the impression I'm talking about their sexuality. I'm not. I'm talking about they as characters needed more build up to the point we saw. Yes, there does need to be a reason, even if that reason is as simple as they found each other attractive, but they've known each other for awhile, and we needed more scenes of that development. Whether one, or both, were a lesbian all alone, or one, or both, was bisexual all along, it doesn't matter - what matters is that we see a steady progression of their feelings.

As I said in the original post, I blame the clip show being forced in place of an actual episode for the lack of such development, and development of several other character and plot aspects that they had to rush. The only people I can really blame for that are Nick themselves, as they're the ones that caused the clipshow to even be a thing, as it is. Remember that the creators themselves conceived of a much better clip show stand in at the end of the last air bender that, not only went over the plot so far, but also brought with it tons of character development. It's pretty clear they weren't allowed to do that this time.
>>
>>68269462
Just think if Korra was in your crew. It was you and your people, and Korra starts up on one of your past flings. They start hanging around one another and mackin' on each other while ya'll are just sitting there like "I guess we are all cool with this?"

Nah fuck that noise, you and the crew would disown Korra's ass for that square shit.
>>
File: korrasami22.jpg (172KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
korrasami22.jpg
172KB, 1024x576px
>>68266084
Korrasami could have been a great story if they decided to go with it earlier and actually made it obvious before the final that one or both of them has some interest.

But no, we're stuck with what we got. I still like it because I think they're adorable, but it could have been so much better.
>>
>>68269479
I agree with Rob, anime has ruined any ability to appreciate how ground breaking the end is. There has been a bunch of gays or heavily implied gays for damn near half a century now.
>>
>>68269419

>Katara had a thing for Haru even after the kiss and confession despite liking Aang, too
>Implying Katara wasn't a whore
>Implying the first two of her kids are really Aang's

Katara a dirty slut.
>>
File: 1329001515676.jpg (88KB, 622x562px) Image search: [Google]
1329001515676.jpg
88KB, 622x562px
>>68269533
Look, it's every AtLA Rule34 ever.
>>
>>68269533
leave, while you can, you scum!
>>
>>68269501
Yeah, Lok needed a Beach episode for team avatar, and a good character focused Ember Island Players style episode. But almost all of that falls on the studio, just two episodes could have changed everything, or even one if they combined both elements.

Still, and maybe its cause I think the ending of last stand is where Korra and Asami truly began to move past friends, the ending was good for implying the two have always been Bi. Now we can go back and look at everything with perverted eyes.
>>
File: wait_what.jpg (123KB, 597x446px) Image search: [Google]
wait_what.jpg
123KB, 597x446px
>>68267283
dude......when?
>>
File: 1403156262614.jpg (55KB, 500x447px) Image search: [Google]
1403156262614.jpg
55KB, 500x447px
>>68269527
>Korrasami could have been a great story
>I still like it because I think they're adorable
But that's just it. People only like that garbage because it's comprised of two chicks, you prove that with this ridiculous post.

There is nothing positive about this ship, there is no story or writing in canon that makes it work. Korrasami is based around 'it could have been so romantic and amazing, but i'll settle for two girls just because they're two girls'.
>>
File: 1419218340139.jpg (39KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1419218340139.jpg
39KB, 500x750px
>>68267959
This right here
>>
>>68269527
>if they decided to go with it earlier
When exactly? Season 1 was supposed to be just a mini-series. Then Nick ordered Season 2, and just Season 2. Then, most of the way through 2 being made, Nick finally pulled the trigger and ordered 3 and 4 together. And 3 is about when the implications start getting implied.
>>
File: Gladiator_12Ljpg.jpg (14KB, 500x327px)
Gladiator_12Ljpg.jpg
14KB, 500x327px
>>68268073
I understand your inability to refute anon's onslaught is killing you on the inside, but could you please try a little harder I'll like to get some more entertainment value out of you before you break
>>
File: 1396708626719.jpg (14KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
1396708626719.jpg
14KB, 240x320px
>>68266322
I also went there to look for art, all I got were people ranting about how Korrasami happening personally affected them.
>>
>>68269653

That's how most shipping goes though "o hey I think these characters are cute together/have complimentary personalities"
>>
>>68268168
>>68268189
>>68268204
>This much desperation
>This much grasping at straws
>This much reaching and projection
>>
>>68269176

I feel it could of really been helped if they had Asami be the one to visit Zaheer with Korra, get a nice "be careful, I really care about you" scene with some mildly romantic music and stuff out of it.

That said I think the build up across Book 3 is pretty nice, good build up of them as inseperable friends and the ending does have a few hints that it could be more, but in Book 4 Korra spends so much time away from her friends that there just isn't that much and by hte time she gets back the show slips into Plot Overdrive mode within like 3 episodes.
>>
>>68266810

The best pairing was Korra alone. How is being with Mako or Asami different other than the progressive message behind it? Either way, it's like she needs a ship. Bryke are morons because Korra was about being independent and believing in yourself. Now it's just like "Here, take this girl who just guilt tripped you over her dad dying in the final battle".

I'll say it again and again. Someone else should have been bi or gay, like Lin or Bumi. Not Korra.

It's so contrived to have two women fight over the same dude, become friends, then fall in love with each other. Imagine if Asami was male. The pairing would be just as random and poorly conceived, but tons more people would be bitching at the ending like "OH OF COURSE KORRA NEEDS A NEW BOYFRIEND OUT OF NOWHERE, THANKS BRYKE!"

Seriously. It makes no sense for Korra to suddenly like Asami because of a blush and A FEW letters she wrote then discontinued.

Korra is never concerned about Asami during the final battle or really any battle ever throughout the entire show.

Korra cries when Tenzin's kids find her with Toph, yet all she does is hug Asami AND Mako (for the same amount of time) when she returns in Reunion.

When Mako says "what's going on between you two?" it's not a reference to Korra and Asami's "lovers spat," but the fact that they go quiet about the letters. I can't count the amount of times people take this scene out of context thinking it takes place at the end of their conversation when it happens at the start. Again, it makes sense for Korra to write to Asami since she only had her ex or Bolin the shit poster.

Asami also mentions visiting her father which Korra shoots down immediately. Who wouldn't get pissed at Korra for that? She was rude.

There is no "lovers spat" in that scene, just arguments between friends for how Korra left things. Mako is equally as pissed as Asami and the scene is drawn as a parallel to the Avatar Krew's earlier fights in Book 1.
>>
File: 2lj0riv.gif (185KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
2lj0riv.gif
185KB, 320x240px
>>68269653

OP here

it became a "LGBT" rights cause the moment Korrasami came to light.

Being subversive is bullshit excuse, you either make the relationship happen or you don't. not the bullshit we got. The show went online, it didn't have the forced censorship that you get on television.

This show won't be known for the shakespearian struggle between brothers in season 1, the sins of the father and all that.
it won't be remembered for the crappy 2nd season.
it won't be remembered for the 3rd season for the completition of a revolution for equality through anarchy.
it won't be remembered for Adolf Kuvira and her march to bring unity through strength.

It is going to be remembered for the last 120 seconds of shipping, the avatar studio will get a multitude of undeserved awards and accolades and for that I weep for the time and effort we as fans of the avatar franchise have invested, to see a franchise be butchered again......never again we said after M.Night's abomination....yet it happened again.

In the words of a fellow anon......."This is some bullshit".
>>
>>68269796

I actually ship Korrasami pretty hard and I agree with this, when I think of the Finale I think about Korra saving Kuvira and their conversation afterward way more than Korrasami.
>>
>>68269652
Kyoshi and Roku.
>>
>>68268367

Why doesn't Asami blush if she's so in love with Korra? Asami never blushes that so means she doesn't like Korra, right? Asami had plenty of other emotions like the very visible face change in Book 1 with the soup, why would she be so stone-faced if her WAIFU just complimented her?
>>
I think the outlook on Korra and Asami's relationship is exactly the same as the whole of The Legend of Korra. I will always remember it as the show that could have been. Oh so near, yet oh so far.
>>
Season 2's animation, or just animation from Studio Pierrot in general.
So fucking soulless in a lot of the episodes, like background characters could've done something subtle instead of standing around like robots. And even when characters are talkin they hardly emote at times.
There was just no life to any of the characters in the animation.
>>
Why did they choose to become gay though?
>>
File: 1398893498347.gif (527KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1398893498347.gif
527KB, 625x626px
>>68269912
OH BABY
>>
>>68269912

Because it's so progressive that they progresssed past heterosexuality. Also the beam turned everyone gay. Hence Kuvira getting wet as fuck for Korra.
>>
>>68269867
really? i didn't see it like that.

I thought Roku had a good friendship with Sozin not a iffy one

and......we didn't know much about Kyoshi, i always thought hero cult she founded was just for female empowerment
>>
>>68269442
Confirmed for never reading or watching naruto
>>
>>68269943

Also Mako sex bended them which is why he's forever alone.

I guarantee this will be Bryke's retroactive defense in a few months.
>>
>>68269942
But seriously both were confirmed as straight. Why are they suddenly gay besides deciding that they like each other?

It was definitely a choice.
>>
>>68269987
>But seriously both were confirmed as straight.
When did that happen? All we know is that they dated a guy, bisexuality is a thing anon.
>>
>>68269970

>Forever Alone

No he'll be Gay too, He has Wu!
>>
>>68265964
I agree, and I find the creator's comments about people "only looking at it through hetro eyes" kind of insulting. I'm all for gay characters, but think of it this way: if Asami had been male, would people look at the ending differently? I suppose on the one hand we could see it as a realistic, slow start to something romantic, but in a way that makes it stand out from the more hinted at romantic relationships you usually get in fiction. It might be a case of "truth in television", but I agree that a bit more build up couldn't have hurt.

Or am I just rambling?
>>
>>68269987
Fucking political "gold-star" lesbians shitting up these threads...

There are three options here:

1) They are both bi (the most likely scenario)
2) Mako is so horrible in bed/as a bf he turned them both gay
3) Both of them are lesbians who bowed to societal pressure and dated a guy (This happens a lot)
>>
>>68270049

Yeah that was kinda arrogant, honestly I think it just needed one or two more scenes in Book 4, but I can really only think on one episode in which it would of been easy to add it in.
>>
>>68270049
>"only looking at it through hetro eyes" kind of insulting.
How? I took it as meaning if you watch it again knowing they are bi it will be more apparent, than if you think they are straight. Not hur dur cisscum.
>>
You'll never find a more accurate summary of the ending than this image, hence why all the special snowflakes on tumblr act is if it's the most amazing thing ever for a character to become bi in the last 15 seconds of a series when nothing in the series was ever really about that moment.
>>
>>68269953
I did, the only pairing that somewhat made sense is NaruHina. Sasusaku? PLEASE. SaiIno, Chouji.Karui, eh....

Oh yes Shikatema which was objectively one of the better pairings. But that's really it.
>>
File: what bryke saw in the ending.gif (2MB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
what bryke saw in the ending.gif
2MB, 500x282px
So anyone know what happens now? Will there be comics and shit or is that it for the Avatar world?
>>
>>68270096
the fuck is a Pansexual?
>>
>>68270105

Well there's still ATLA comics coming, and id be surprised if Dark Horse doesn't want to do Korra comics as well, take full advantage of the liscense.
>>
>>68270116
Do you want the real answer or the internet answer?
>>
>>68270116
Fuck everything.
>>
File: 1343001832157.jpg (74KB, 294x302px) Image search: [Google]
1343001832157.jpg
74KB, 294x302px
>>68270096
How are asexuals depicted as more interesting than heterosexuals?

I'm asexual, I sit at home all day and post on the internet.
>>
>>68270096
What is a pansexual?

And why is Transexual up there when it isn't a sexuality?
>>
>>68270096
>being a boring "asexual" and having absolute "no interest" in sex is more exciting than heterosexuality
>>
>>68270132
Because they sit at home all day and post on the internet, while feeling lonely.
>>
>>68266559
This a million times.
>>
>>68270116
It's essentially bi sexuality but you don't care about the gender.
>>
>>68265664
I'm a bisexual girl and I despise Bryke for pulling the gay card to make sure people don't criticize their work.
>>
>>68270133
they are essentially bisexuals, but dont want to labelled as one.

yeh i know all this LGBTQAPWZFJL is just crazy
>>
>>68270132

Because they're a smaller demographic. That's all that matters. Being a special snowflake.
>>
>>68270183
No, no, Pansexual was made in response to people claiming being bi meant you didn't want to fuck trans.
>>
>>68270132
How do you figure you're asexual? Are you sure you aren't just desensitized from daily isolation?

If a qt3.14 tried to touch your peepee, you're telling me that you'd have no interest?
>>
>>68270179
can you give a valid reasoning for criticising his work?.....or you'd be labelled a self hating closeted bisexual
>>
>>68270183
It would make more sense if pansexual included people like transexuals or dick girls. But if it's just bisexual then I wonder why people use it differently than bisexual.
>>
>>68270088
I guess I just don't like the implication that I only didn't pick up on it because I have "hetro eyes". It seems like a weak way of justifying bad execution that shifts the blame onto the viewer. I feel like I'd feel exactly the same way if Asami had been male the whole time.
>>
>>68270207
i thought bi people bang trannies

well....

themoreyouknow.jpg
>>
>>68265664
this city looks so much better than republic city, republic city was a very bland , boring city, i wish they showed us a lot more of it.
>>
>>68270116
Sexually attracted to kitchenware
>>
>>68270247
They do, in real life. The Internet (This is actually older than Tumblr) claims that because "bi" means "two", you can only be attracted to men and women if you are bi.
>>
>>68270049

If they were a het couple, they would have been able to make it more overt so we wouldn't find ourselves in this situation. Honestly, comments like this are a bit ignorant and speak a lot of privilege because they hold us to an unfair standard. We're constantly expected to live up to a double standard before we're accepted or recognised. If you want us to make our case - then work to remove restrictions heteronormative society has in place to stop us effectively existing on TV - and encourage more LGBT writers to keep at it or get into the game - then we'll show you how well we can do it.

The problem is that people just look at Bryke's comments being an attack on them instead of admitting there are things they may have missed due to a lack of exposure to or perspective on LGBT romance in the media.

They made a valid point and showed they know vastly more about representation than /co/ does so it pisses me off they're being attacked for "covering their asses" when at no point did they claim what they did was perfect.

Have people actually read Bryan's post instead of just picking out the SJ terminology?

>The more Korra and Asami’s relationship progressed, the more the idea of a romance between them organically blossomed for us. However, we still operated under this notion, another “unwritten rule,” that we would not be allowed to depict that in our show. So we alluded to it throughout the second half of the series, working in the idea that their trajectory could be heading towards a romance.

>Was it a slam-dunk victory for queer representation? I think it falls short of that, but hopefully it is a somewhat significant inching forward. It has been encouraging how well the media and the bulk of the fans have embraced it.

>>68266842

you're actually cornering yourself with this argument because if it ISN'T then there should be nothing weird about two previously 'straight' girls deciding to suddenly hook up at a party.

i mean really.
>>
The problem was it was so poorly developed, just like every relationship in all of Avatar, and the fact that it's being hyped and talked about this much, more so than the actual show and its finale, tells you a lot about the Korra fanbase. Korra had actually developed in Book 4 a little, but Asami carried on being the least interesting character in the series. She's just easy on the eyes and nothing more.
>>
File: jokerhere.png (289KB, 543x408px) Image search: [Google]
jokerhere.png
289KB, 543x408px
>>68267117
>>
>>68270132
>Asexual
Give me a break.
>>
>>68270323
>tells you a lot about the Korra fanbase

Maybe it tells you alot about the show. That all people want to talk about is this means that the rest of the show wasn't interesting or entertaining enough to be talked about. Maybe that's why the show had to be pulled in the first place.
>>
>>68270301
You're just embarassing yourself now.
>>
>>68270301
Potsy you tripfagging tard. You can't keep giving me points I agree with mixed in with tumblrite bilge-water. It makes me want to fuck you while throttling you.
>>
>>68270301
>>The more Korra and Asami’s relationship progressed, the more the idea of a romance between them organically blossomed for us.

>Organically

They could do that with any pair of friends, if this was true.
>>
>>68270335
Asexuals are just people who suffer from some sort of sexual dysfunction or are just forever forced into celebacy
>>
>>68270179

but you don't realise how important and landmark it is to

like i don't read anything of Bryke saying "we had lesbians, you can't criticise it". people are coming to that conclusion on their own since they don't like being challenged, because there is definitely an element of heternormativity in why people didn't pick up on subtext. and you're all too eager to fit in with people who'd erase you from the media completely.

if you're the sort of lesbian who uses the term SJW unironically then i think maybe there's something else in why you think that.
>>
Guys, now that he had a long discussion about Korrasami, can we talk a little bit about how forced Varrick and Zhu Li became a couple just starting the 4th season just because?
Because even if it had build up the whole season, I find it dumb they just started having a blatant romantic moments literally the first episode they showed up.
Why is this show so bad at romance?
>>
>>68270096
Why is transexual on there when it's not a sexual orientation.
>>
File: 1326181184198.jpg (18KB, 275x297px) Image search: [Google]
1326181184198.jpg
18KB, 275x297px
>>68270220
I've had quite a few 'hints' but I suppose I learned while I was in my last relationship. I was involved in a six month long relationship where I only really serviced her sexually. I actually quite enjoyed the nuts and bolts of learning her rhythms and what she enjoyed, but I never was able to orgasm by simply having sex with her. Nor was I ever overeager to get into her pants, I cannot remember initiating any of our sexual acts. I eventually broke up with her because she was becoming distressed that she never was able to make me orgasm and I wasn't all over her asking for sex, and I hated seeing her think less of herself.

It's been four years since my last relationship, I do not masturbate, I do not see attractive women (or men, but i've never thought of myself as attracted to other men) and think anything sexual about them (or 'us' I guess). My mind is usually occupied by my hobbies, or various other tasks I have to do at home or at my job.

>>68270301
Shut up Potsy.
>>
>>68270382
So it's not a sexuality.
>>
>>68270384
Just stop.
>>
>>68270375

this is what happens when you let yourself be conditioned by 4chan's anti-SJW rhetoric. all of what i'm saying makes sense, you're having a negative reaction to parts of it because you've been told that they're shameful and desperately cling to that idea to feel a part of an extremely unforgiving community that ultimately stamps out dissent.

which is a heavy accusation but probably true on some level.
>>
>>68270096
Why are those fucking homos always stealing the rainbows from leprechauns?
>>
>>68270386
>an we talk a little bit about how forced Varrick and Zhu Li became a couple just starting the 4th season just because?
Don't know about you but I called that since season 2. I was sure Zhu Li had a thing for Varrick because of all the crap she endured for him. I mean she went to prison with him, she had no reason to do so, unless she wanted to be with him. Varrick coming to realize just how important she was to him after almost losing her also makes sense to me.
>>
>>68270386

not going to happen since it doesn't give people a chance to complain about being unfairly labeled homophobes, straight people's favourite hobby.
>>
>>68270434
Atleast ZhuVarrick makes sense, as opposed to last-minute faggotry.
>>
>>68270405
not really, i mean i knew a girl who said she was one at university, she was pretty good on the eye. but she had no interest in sex, but she was very chummy with one guy, but that was it.

me thinks she would become an "atheist" nun
>>
>>68270418
See, this >>68270434 is what I mean. I was all with you on the representation train, and then you had to go pull this bullshit.

And also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
>>
>>68270429
>I was sure Zhu Li had a thing for Varrick because of all the crap she endured for him. I mean she went to prison with him,
I always took it as just comedy
>she had no reason to do so
Except the fact that she's an employee and Varrick still has the money to pay for not only a good room in prison but also his assistant.
I agree they had chemistry enough to become a couple at the end but I find it really forced how they started to during season 4, and they had like 2 scenes together before becoming a couple, and both of them were literally romantic moments. It was really stupid. They could have foreshadow this with the small moments with Varrick during season 3.
>>
File: 1419546243077.png (708KB, 1301x350px) Image search: [Google]
1419546243077.png
708KB, 1301x350px
>>68270049
>or am I rambling?
Nope this man is completely right

If Asami was a man, we would all had been complaining about how all the message of Korra being an independent strong female character was being thrown out of the window.

By making them end up together and being bi, les, or what have you they actually make it worse because not only it undermined Korra as role model because of the above, it also introduced the whole tomboy girls are dykes and scorned women turn lesbian problem, but because "Muh Lesbians" people praise this shut ending that goes against anything progressive and in fact reinforces stereotypes.

I, have in fact the profile of the two people who defend this "ship" there's the:

"Muh Lesbians" or any variants thereof, like "Lesbians are cute <3," "shippers" etc.

At the end of the day they only ship this because they either can't into relationships, or because rule 34

Then there's the:

"Muh representation" who's just trying to push an agenda and just want to check things of their list, regardless of how badly done it is, or how much it backfires if put into any sort of scrutiny

Because this groups are irrational they will defend this shit ending to the very ends of the earth, no matter if the have any argument or leg to stand with, exhibit A)>>68268168 and bryke hacks that they are can comfortably sit in their chair stroking their ducks and patting their backs because of their "progressive" ending that shields them from any rightful criticism
>>
>>68270323
>The problem was it was so poorly developed, just like every relationship in all of Avatar,
I thought Bopal was done well, we saw them flirt and get closer, we saw them have relationship issues and eventually work things out and stay together.
>>
File: we_salute_you.jpg (46KB, 490x668px) Image search: [Google]
we_salute_you.jpg
46KB, 490x668px
>>68270474
this anon is based
>>
>>68270386

Because Avatar in general is. I mean really between both shows almost every couple kinda just happens or is like some crush at first sight deal.

I think Zuko and Mai actually get together entirely offscreen, and he's basically the second main character.

Even the one couple in both shows that has anything resmbling decent build up (that would be Aang and Katara) has like 90% of that build up only on Aangs side.
>>
How much time is dedicated to explain the Bolin-Beifong relationship, yet Korra and Assami are still get only a few scenes. And how in the end, it doesn't even matter for Bolin in the final episode, they are "together and happy". Same for Varrick, its cute and all but it doesn't add anything to the relation between zu li and him, you just assume they are doing the thing, the same thing from previous 4 seasons, but I guess they are married now so at least they can have sex.

Korra and Assami? Stranded in a few reunion scenes. Even though they had tons of possibilities to get a relationship ongoing:
>Assami hears about Korra disappearing, searches frantically for her
>Assami goes in Tenzin mission to recover Korra/ Goes to recover Korra alone
>Meet in the Swamps, throw a few Toph gags about lesbians
>Save Korra in the battlefield before Kuvira crushes her
>Supports Korra meeting with Zahreer, throw them all in the same room and make Assami the shine of hope for Korra to stand up again
>Final battle episodes, make Assami confess to Korra she can't leave in a world without "the avatar".

And I'm not even a shipper!

Fuck the legend of Korra. It spits on your face and doesn't have the goats to call it rain.
>>
>>68270533
They did that to BTFO Zutara shippers.
>>
>>68270511

Bopal is cute and works but how it happened was just a case of "WE MEET, IMMIDATELY BLUSHING, 2 EPISODES LATER TOGETHER!"
>>
>>68270301
>If they were a het couple, they would have been able to make it more overt so we wouldn't find ourselves in this situation.
That's exactly the point. Because of social and network constraints, they couldn't do it the way that a heterosexual couple would have been done in the same story, and that ends up making it feel "off" from a storytelling perspective. I will agree that the writers aren't exactly at fault for working within these constraints, but I do think the narrative suffers for it. And to be honest, from their own comments, I think they feel the same way.

Maybe you're right that I shouldn't feel insulted by the way they worded it. I guess that's why I wrote it as "kind of insulting," because I wasn't exactly sure of it myself.

>If it seems out of the blue to you, I think a second viewing of the last two seasons would show that perhaps you were looking at it only through a hetero lens.

I just disagree that I would have seen it without this so called "hetero lens".
>>
>>68270568
So, really very little different from Korrasami then?
>>
>>68270491

but this is entirely a thing. and it's pretty blatant in most threads. i'm not going to not call it out just because some people feel it's going "too far".

these threads largely revolve around attacking bryke's posts because they feel like it's an attack on them for talking about heteronormative readings. i can't not comment on that.

>By making them end up together and being bi, les, or what have you they actually make it worse because not only it undermined Korra as role model because of the above, it also introduced the whole tomboy girls are dykes and scorned women turn lesbian problem, but because "Muh Lesbians" people praise this shut ending that goes against anything progressive and in fact reinforces stereotypes.

so, tomboyish lesbians don't exist/we shouldn't show them. nice.

look stop trying to look progressive because it's not working.

>"Muh representation" who's just trying to push an agenda a

lol this sounds familiar
>>
>>68270559

that reminds me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiUtbcpjd8A

They need to do something like this again but with Korra now
>>
Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>68270533
It's funny because even if Zutarians were the most annoying people in the planet, they were right about all the foreshadowing and subtlety of a developing romance. Katara and Zuko built a more subtle romantic relationship in a single episode than the awkwardness Katara and Aang shared on screen, even if Aang's feelings for Katara were well developed.
>>
>>68270591
Or any other Avatar relationship, but yeah.
>>
>>68270384
>because there is definitely an element of heternormativity in why people didn't pick up on subtext
Pfff. So you're saying that if Asami as a guy, no one would bat an eye at the ending? The buildup was enough for it? I don't buy it.
>>
>>68270568
I blame 13 episode seasons. Honestly a lot of the shows problems seem to come from that. Don't know if 13 half hour episodes are not a good format or Bryke could not make the adjustements from the number they had with ATLA
>>
>>68270589

but if you are hetero, or you're exposed to almost constantly heteronormative media it's impossible to escape. it's not meant to be a judgement on your character persay but trying to hit back on the sorts of people who claim to NEVER see queer subtext and mock people who do. it's really really important to criticise that for a number of reasons.

and like i said, straight people(and white people) often like to act like THEY'RE the ones being hard done by so will jump on comments like that to try and muddy the waters and make it looks like discrimination goes "both ways" or that those who push for LGBT representation are really just doing it to compensate.

(and i'm not qualifying with NOT ALL HETS or NOT WALL WHITES because fuck off)
>>
>>68270607
Sounds like yourself.

Look, we don't care how embarassed you are because you're a raging faggot. Really.

We hate you anyway.
>>
>>68270646
I don't know, if Korra had blushed while telling a guy he looked snazzy as always, wouldn't you have thought she was interested in him?
>>
>>68270646
If Asami was a guy, they would have been able to put in more buildup without upsetting the soccer moms who use Nick as a babysitter.
>>
>>68270646

Again, we wouldn't be in this situation is Asami was a guy.

And there would easily be less shit over it - given that there wasn't about Zharrick.
>>
>>68270434
Uh huh. Shut up, Potsy.
>>
>>68270682
But Zhurrick makes sense. Korrasami doesn't.

How do you not see this?
>>
>>68270434
shut up potsy
>>
File: makorra.gif (469KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
makorra.gif
469KB, 500x281px
>>68270682
>Again, we wouldn't be in this situation is Asami was a guy.
Someone forgets this was a thing that EVERYONE hated
>>
>>68270475
I've never known a virgin catholic (or any other denomination/religion come to think of it). Srsly.

>me thinks she would become an "atheist" nun
Maybe something bad happened to her.
>>
I just want to reiterate that a big part of the problem is that a lot of people view themselves as educated or progressive and don't want to accept that they can get shit wrong. That's where a big part of the revulsion towards even the tamer parts of tumblr social justice comes from too - people don't like to be corrected or called out on things. So it was predictable people would get angry at Bryke, but it's not really about "protecting shit writing" - it's the fact that they suggested that on any level that these people could be wrong about something.

it makes people feel dumb and uneducated not to pick up on these things, and missing it proves a lot of the theory "SJWs" spout correct, so they just erase it from their reality.

I'm not saying this is true in EVERY case but it's clearly a dominant underlying theme in these threads.
>>
>>68270682
>Zharrick
It was forced and stupid, but it had actual build up through the season.
>>
>>68270676
Come on dude, there IS a difference between men and the fairer sex, and how they interact with one another.
>>
>>68270725

why because they're a guy and a girl?

like, you're conditioned to view this as more normal so if it feels that a relationship "makes sense" to you there is ALWAYS going to be a level of heteronormativity in that since that's what you're raised into. Of course people won't admit it - since they don't want to be wrong.

Can you explain what other factors there might be in this?
>>
>>68270741
nah she has never ever had any religion, but she pretty vocal in her atheism activism, and she said she doesn't bang ever, hence why i called a atheist nun...hehehe
>>
>>68270744
But, everybody thinks YOU are wrong.
>>
>>68270730

Well that one wasn't hated for being too subtle but instead for taking over like a third of the plot and making every character involved look bad.

And even that romance that takes over a third of the plot? STILL CRUSH AT FIRST SIGHT SHIT.
>>
>>68270386
Meh, the creators openly admitted it was fan pandering, on the same level of Tahno's tromboneing

And as a lot of people have stated Bryke has always been bad at romantic build up, it either is or is not, there is no subtext
>>
>>68270744
Potsy, shut the fuck up. I would accept Korrasami if the development between both characters was actually decent instead of spending like 3 scenes together max while Korra and Mako were actually doing important shit for most of the season. If it was Asami who played Mako's role through those moments, and then "oh hey, wanna hold hands and scissor?" that shit would be acceptable storytelling.
>>
>>68270768
The Zhu Li and Verrick relationship was poorly developed too, just like the Korra and Asami relationship. These writers do not know how to write a budding relationship at all, their track record is TERRIBLE. I don't care if Korra is a guy, girl, gender neutral, or anuthing. Bryke are hacks.
>>
>>68270785
>STILL CRUSH AT FIRST SIGHT SHIT.

I think we all need to come to grips with the fact that all Avatar relationships happen this way. Regardless of writer or intent, it's just part of the Avatar formula like bending.
>>
>>68270768
Like Zhu li was never seen without Varrick?
Like Asami was never seen in season 2?

Like you could see Zhu li and Varrick getting together because they know all about eachother and have worked together for over a decade?

Korra has, out of the main cast, the least amount of screentime with Asami.

Korra should've ended up with no one.
>>
>>68270767

yeah but you can't use

and part of that is because women are more likely to be romantic/fall in love with each other anyway, it's just easier to cover it up since women are viewed as more "affectionate".

i remember a study a while back that found a lot of the relationships married women had with their friends were actually much closer to romance than what they had with their husbands. which makes sense - if you're bi and you're living in a society that tells you the end goal is to marry a man, there's a good choice you'll do it. but you might feel a part of yourself is missing if you lean more towards girls romantically, so you fill it with "Close friends".

i mean i was with one of my best friends not long ago, we're not involved but at one point we just got our boobs out and started playing with them.

how often do guys do stuff like that?

also the truth is that if it IS ambiguous - that means you can't act like the other reading doesn't exist. it was valid to read Korrasami from the end of S3 onwards. but as usual queer shippers get called delusional.
>>
>>68270791
>the creators openly admitted it was fan pandering
Doesn't excuse for poor storytelling.
>>
>>68270819

quality not quantity. plus she was practically Korra's sidekick in Book 3.
>>
>>68270652

13 is too short, but 20 was too many. Every ATLA season had some damn pointless episodes.

something like 16 I think would be ideal for Avatar.
>>
>>68270815
Yep, and that's why they should have stopped trying to create romantic relationships, focus on non romantic relationships for the sake of character development, and focus on character interactions. Yet, a character driven show lacked characters, and that's why Korra sucked. But when you read interviews with the creators, you can see they don't know shit about writing.
>>
>>68270828
Bisexuality does not exist,

Only people that want to get fucked by people, regardless of gender.

It's called Pansexuality.
>>
>>68270832
being progressive is the excuse
get with the times
being a faggot gives you get out of jail free card, it is is like teflon, for fuck sakes Forbes and Entertainment Today were gushing over it
>>
>>68270725
Not really Varrick either treats Zhu li like a thing or is totally oblivious to her come ons. then bam, Marriage proposal. Heck even when he's complaining about her not being around its because Bolin doesn't make as good of a Zhu li.
>>
File: 1339670068029.jpg (2MB, 5000x3026px) Image search: [Google]
1339670068029.jpg
2MB, 5000x3026px
>>68270744
Are you so deluded that you really think all of this criticism over this ending is because all of us are afraid to admit on an anonymous imageboard that we didn't see some ship becoming canon?

You know your problem? You are so far up your own ass, so deluded with your image of self righteousness, that you think that any of these criticisms cannot be valid because how could they? They'd be going against your opinion of how amazing it is to see two girls holding hands,and it'd be marring your future full of fanfiction and bullshit. You're a joke.

You're so hellbent on making everyone value representation, not matter how shitty it is, over quality. It's not going to happen. You ever ask yourself why everyone in these threads universally laughs at you? Not even hate, they fucking laugh at you because you're ridiculous.

Here's a hint: It's not because we're all embarrassed about being 'wrong'., what a joke
>>
>>68270847
But the quality sucks too.

They had the least chemistry with eachother.

Mostly because Asami was a shit character to begin with.
>>
>>68270869
>2014, almost 2015
>thinking Pansex is a real thing

And here I thought Potsy was the most retarded poster in this thread.
>>
>>68270754
>but it had actual build up in one episode
FTFY
>>
>>68270847
There was no quality or quantity. There was no romantic subtext, there was no chemistry, there was no development. It was terribly developed romance by hack writers. There's nothing to defend. Characters date in Avatar because of either shippers begging for it, or just because Bryke feels like putting them together. And like always, it is a massive distraction.
>>
>>68270860
>Yet, a character driven show lacked characters
Bullshit. Between Korra's arc, Mako's evolution and his relationships (with Bolin, Wu, the girls), Lin's family drama and Tenzin's worries about his legacy, the show had plenty character.

Asami is still a wallpaper. She was only popular because she was attractive and ocassionally someone punched her into the ground.
>>
>>68270869
Okay, sure, you're the expert on sexuality. Everyone defer to this anon. Back to /pol/ with you.
>>
>>68270921
Yeah, a scene when they end up together on the floor and romantic music and blushes happen. Pretty bleh.
>>
>>68270828
>mean i was with one of my best friends not long ago, we're not involved but at one point we just got our boobs out and started playing with them.

>how often do guys do stuff like that?

I doubt guys would be able to look each other in the eye if something like that happened.
>>
>>68270872
We were talking about Zhu li and Varrick...well at least I was. Which is 100% fan pandering. Also why her looks were filled out and cutetized and why all of a sudden her being a talkative little chicka
>>
>>68267224
This This This This This This
>>
There doesn't need to be evidence or justification for someone to be bisexual. Straight isn't the default. To people saying that it was an asspull, not every romance has to be built up, will they won't they style, not to mention that it was just the beginning of a relationship, it isn't as though they were deciding to get married. My largest disappointment with the season finale was that there was too much time spent on failed plans and the dues ex machina of platinum saws. If the saws had in any way been alluded too previously in the seasons, or if there had been a reason for developing them, it would make more sense. Korra's diplomacy which was used to show her growth was also hamfisted. Her speech was cliche and unconvincing, with Kuvira's reaction to boring and overdone. The way the rest of the characters were seen in the final scene seemed rushed as well, with Bolin not getting a proper send off and only a small amount of the rest of the characters interacting. That being said, I really enjoyed the finale.
>>
>>68270928
Mako was the second least interesting character in the show. He had no character arc, he was just a boring ass cop mary sue. It wasn't until the clip show episode did they attempt any kind of story arc for the character that was so poorly done with so much exposition. The show was assssss.
>>
>>68270878
and so the battle continues
fan shippers may have won with Bryke confirming the fan service and with various outlets masturbating to progressiveness.

but we, the real fans of the avatar mythos don't accept it as canon, hopefully if someone picks it, they'll erase it like how Disney has erased the Star Wars Expanded Universe, and turned it into Star Wars Legends. Giving them a fresh slate to work with.
>>
>>68270984
>not asspull
>not every romance has to be built up
Fine.

>Straight isn't the default.
Yes, it is.
>>
>>68271006
Jesus Christ, who the fuck cares who dates who. If that's all you care about, you're just as bad as the shippers. You're part of the demographic they pander to, you're just on the side who "lost." But fuck me, this fanbase is the biggest problem with this franchise.
>>
>>68267224
Bryke more or less said what you did, that the ending for LoK was the beginning of something other than friendship for them. They are a psudo-couple at the end, about to bloom in the spirit world.
>>
>>68267537
I don't know why people aren't bitching about Bryke's crutch as writers: Parenting issues.

It's everywhere. Oh boo hoo, you have daddy issues, who cares.
>>
>>68271060
Even fucking Koh has parent issue.
Ironically, Korra doesnt. But still got childhood issue.
>>
>>68271060
yeah, they're hacks. I watch Avatar for the first time last year and just finished all of Korra a few days ago. They lack subtlety, depend on the same character elements, resorts to tons of exposition and deus ex machina plot devices, etc. Avatar's strength was that it was a character driven show that had fun character interactions, can't say the same about Korra.
>>
>>68271044
I think that has always been the case, at the ending of ATLA the only talk was Shippers throwing feces at each other. Compared to then this is actually pretty mild. Give it another week and the only threads will be about how shitty a person Suyin is.
>>
>>68270607
Oh Potsy my dear, you couldn't resist my charms now, could you?

>so, tomboyish lesbians don't exist/we shouldn't show them. nice.

Maybe not in TV land, or maybe they do(they certainly exist by the dozen in comic land). I don't look too much into those kinds of thing as I look for characters and story first, unlike you, you see I don't need scraps off the table, which is what it comes off when you story only has a character who is gay for the sake of having a gay character, is as insulting as having a black character for the sake of meeting some racial quota.

At worst it comes off as pandering and there is nothing more pitiful than pandering as they would then be exploiting my position and struggle to boost their viewership and profits at the sake of having some cardboard cutout caricature (which what a tomboyish girl who went lesbian for the ex of her ex is) it is is called having self respect, maybe your mom taught you that?

Tho going back on topic, you'll be lying to me if the prevalent view on society is that lesbians are tomboys or dykes if you will, as is because I like the box and can't barely stand the sight of the dick means that I somehow have to at least some man clothes in my drawer and can't be perfectly happy instead having ten different mini skirts, having a tomboy who is not a lesbian would have therefore being revolutionary, plus any tomboy girls wouldn't have to feel as if being a tomboy somehow means that they actually secretly like girls, especially it wouldn't leave the subtext of scorned women turn lesbian

>look stop trying to look progressive because it's not working.

This applies to you sweetie, and your non argument
>>
>>68271115

Yeah nether the Korrasami or Anti Korrasami sides are anything near the level of insanity of the Zutarans.
>>
>>68268167
>had it had say 17-20 or so episodes then it could've had more time to develop each characters,the world,etc,etc
I am so sick of this stupid argument. You write within the space you are given. Both Bryke and Nick are retards for not questioning and just "going with it."
>>
>>68271044
>But fuck me, this fanbase is the biggest problem with this franchise.
You can argue that the shipping part of a franchise is the biggest cancer.

They were doing a great job not interfering with romance in Book 3 (huh, guess why it's the strongest season after all) and 3/4ths of Book 4.
>>
>>68265677
>implying Avatar the Legend of Wan wouldn't have been better
>>
>>68271086
She did during book 2. She was a total bitch toward her dad because he and Tenzin both decided to keep her as a shut in due to kidnapping threats or whatever. I understood why she would be upset, but holy fuck she was a cunt.
>>
>>68265664
>want to be progressive but too afraid to out their characters early so hide behind loads of bullshit romance triangles
>will forever be remembered as pioneers because they left a couple of clues in four (>4) series and then ended on a "maybe" situation
Bryke are fucking pussies, I'd have respect for them if they made the Korrasami relationship more prominent not just
>y u no write me more
>muh gloves
>>
>>68265664
>473 Replies
FUCKING WHY?
>>
>>68271145
Well they had romance in those books just between characters nobody really cared about and I think people were shocked Bolin actually got a cool not crazy girl to think about it to hard.
>>
>>68269401
Well done m8, now stop talking shit>>68269419
>>
>>68271187
She mellowed out half way through, and it stuck. It really only becomes grating when one realizes she's going through the same character development she just went through in season 1
>>
>>68271146
He died at the end. And probably be a total cunt to humans who are expanding territories because muh gf spirit.
But yeah, the show will treat him as right like su and die a "heroic" death.
>>
>>68271249
I think you got those backwards
>>
>>68271218
Dyke-Korra is the new Ponies/Frozen

How long until LoK DVDs end up in the LGBT sections of DVD racks?
>>
File: foryou.png (125KB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
foryou.png
125KB, 444x250px
>>68271218
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mqvfnypzV51qz4rgp.gif (339KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mqvfnypzV51qz4rgp.gif
339KB, 500x281px
>>68269795

I like how people can never defend that if blushes always indicate a crush, why did Asami never blush? She used to emote once upon a time.

Confirmed for being asexual.
>>
>>68271259
what? korra is a cunt throuough S1. She got everything back thanks to DEM. She got the right to continue being a cunt after all.
>>
>>68271249
I would except all those, well 3, moments had ship tease/sexual under tones.
>>
File: 1419301949107.png (105KB, 612x361px) Image search: [Google]
1419301949107.png
105KB, 612x361px
>>68271218

Because a lot of people are incensed that Bryke are getting praised for something so badly done, plus a lot of people aren't happy about the finale in general.

It's like watching someone get praised for walking half a marathon, climbing into a car, and driving to the finish line where everyone cheers for them. It's bullshit.
>>
>>68265664
I still enjoyed the show but all of the relationships sucked except Nuktuk and the Ice Princess.
>>
When Korra started it was big on the Deal With it! aspect. Korra was the way she was and that was that. People could wish otherwise but they couldn't change that. They'd have to deal with it. And so she was out to force the world to do what it was supposed to do.
But eventually she got worn down. Life in Republic City. Romance with Mako and Bolin. etc. So Korra couldn't just stride in with confidence and a solution. Her Deal With It was gone and she was a limp ragdoll tossed around by the story. It continued and she became a limp ragdoll wheeled around by her support team. what had happened, what had gone wrong? A lack of resolve by the writers. A little pahtos and self-questioning is good. But when it takes over the character's outward actions- that character's use to the ever-changing matrix of a story- that drains them and everything around them. And for the main character, that's bad writing. So the writers switched to the back up. The B-cast. Mako and Varrik and the villains. That's right, Korra's name is on the intro, but Korra was only the intro. The show ended up being everyone's show but hers. Where Ang kept at the forefront of every charge and reaction, Korra was dragged to the charges-ahead she was chosen for and was forced into what reactions she could still do.
She truly is the worst Avatar ever.
>>
>>68266776
>>68266787

I like how fans of the ending openly admit that it would be great if authors/creators retroactively go out and say "You know that one character? Totally gay."

I could see GRRM doing it with Robb. "Just because he was getting married doesn't mean he wasn't privy to some late-night-trouser-pocket-pool."
>>
>>68271389
Yup
>>
>>68271053
Yeah, the problem is that they actually started their blog posts with "Korrasami is canon" and "Korrasami is confirmed". What, their friendship is canon? Sure. The problem is that everyone jumped to conclusions just from those two phrases, because of what it means to the fandom.
>>
>>68271298
Because people fall for Asami not the other way around.
>>
>>68271290

Never, Nick's S&P extends into merchandising as well.
>>
>>68270132

You're not asexual, just pathetic
>>
>>68271333
Avatar is not in the legaue of star wars and what has anno done recently?
>>
>>68271218
Because a lot of people loved LoK and AtLA, or at the very least the universe of those pieces.

And it's infuriating to see Bryke not only ruin the franchise, but to get praised for it while doing so.
>>
>>68271554
It was really stupid how Mako went from "I know Korra likes me, but I don't like her because she's ugly or whatever, but I like Asami so I'll date her" to "For no adequately explained reason, I now like Korra and will date her instead of Asami"
>>
>>68271539
They were just confirming that yes they are becoming a couple, plus those are good eyecatchers, the body of the posts, minus Bryans poor word choice, is about how they were trying to say yes these to like each other in a romantic sence.
>>
File: 1376220854744.jpg (65KB, 342x342px) Image search: [Google]
1376220854744.jpg
65KB, 342x342px
>>68271615
>just pathetic
>tripfag
>>
>>68271554

>Asami is literally a semen demon
>Is really Koh in disguise

Just as keikaku'd.
>>
It lacked development and kissu.
>>
>>68271616

Anno is doing the Eva Rebuilds which a lot of fans think are worse than the originals. Basically Anno is doing the Star Wars prequel in reboot form.

>>68271636
Classic Bryke in action.
>>
>>68271670
>That last bit.

Thank The Lord for Nickelodeon's Standards and Practices!
>>
>>68271687
Oh right. His show was shit anyway.
>>
>>68270872

this is such a bs faux-cynical breitbart conservative position.

it reminds me of that arc in Fables with Jack where he meets with the minority guy.

i wish people would stop saying this shit because what they did was actually fairly risky. Bryke aren't one of the macklemores of this world - they seem to actually get it and I respect that. I wish others would too.

>>68271006

oh here we go "real fan" bullshit.
>>
>>68271670

The kiss would have been even more out of place. I still don't believe that Korra reached for her hand like that. Nothing about the ending seemed natural and I used to watch shit like Buffy with Tara and Willow where it's all fluid druid shit.
>>
File: 1347513308667.png (578KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1347513308667.png
578KB, 1280x960px
>>68271826
Shut up Potsy.
>>
>>68271036

no it isn't .we shouldn't ASSUME someone is straight because they makes people feel pressurised to be so.
>>
>>68271826
what.
>>
>>68271852
You're retarded.
>>
>>68271858

Just ignore it.
>>
I still feel like the ending was really forced, and artificial. It felt like a lovely ending to a different series or an alternate LOK series. If they really wanted to put lgbt in the show and not have it look forced, it should have been some offhand, ambiguous comment and not be the the main characters are the very end. A good end to the series, which would have fit with the show should have been either Korra going off alone or the whole Krew going off into the spirit world.
>>
>>68271132

i'm actually involved in lgbtq community and politics and shit i don't need to try and be a smartass and "one up" people with my supposed progressiveness.

what you're saying is actually pretty offensive.

plus Asami is femme, so it doesn't really matter. showing us a "butch"(which I don't think Korra is) and a femme balances that. And both exist.

Remember Toph was a tomboy but not a lesbian. I don't really see how it sends that message at all - it's just grasping for straws.
>>
>>68271826

I wouldn't call it fairly risky when they never have to touch it ever again. If there was another season and they had to deal with the aftermath, that might have been since they would have to actually do something with the relationship.

Now all they have to do is sit there and be celebrated for merely confirming a fanship. Where was this shit for Mr. Simmons in Hey Arnold! ?

I'd honestly think that would make you mad but I guess you just accept whatever you can get because MUH REPRESENTATION.
>>
>>68271333

and yet nobody else has had the balls to have 2 female leads get together in a cartoon.

i mean, literally noone.
>>
>>68271389

it's funny because a lot of people say Korra's development was the best thing about the show and she comes out on top of character polls prettty regularly. if anything Aang was made more by his backing cast. Sokka and Toph especially stole the show a lot, and then you had Zuko and Katara.
>>
>>68272022
what.
>>
>>68272048

these guys still have to get work you know... and send ideas to other networks etc.

if it was really so inconsequential, why haven't we seen suddenly lesbians in other cartoons?
>>
>>68271036
>>Straight isn't the default
>Yes, it is.
There is no "default" human sexuality as "default" means before change. And you always have the same sexuality. It would be better to say "Common."

>>68271852
True, and not true, its okay to assume things based on evidence, but when the evidence changes so must the Assumption.

We see Korra and Asami in a straight relationship so it is okay to assume they are straight, then we see them in a lesbian relationship, given the evidence it is now safe to assume they are gay or bi. What is not okay is to state that an assumption is fact. When one says a person HAS to be one way to to prior assumption that is when the action becomes wrong.
>>
>>68272049

Are you going to say anime doesn't count because that happens often and despite anime=/=cartoons it's still a similar age demo thing.
>>
>>68272049
Bryke didn't have the balls to show it either, your argument makes no sense.
>>
>>68272049

>literally none

I guess it won't count though because it wasn't shoe-horned into the last 15 seconds of a series finale.
>>
>>68265964
I disagree. I'm glad we didn't waste half a season to relationship drama again.
>>
File: Jim_goose_being_restrained.jpg (17KB, 434x212px) Image search: [Google]
Jim_goose_being_restrained.jpg
17KB, 434x212px
>>68272115
>>
>>68272112

Also, Korra and Avatar are borderline anime considering they're even animated in Korrea and weeaboofuel.
>>
>>68272184
They are just friends, come on girls do that all the time and Bunny had a boyfriend.
>>
File: 1340946469620.png (20KB, 428x466px) Image search: [Google]
1340946469620.png
20KB, 428x466px
>>68272022
what in the fuck are you even talking about?
>>
>>68272069
They didn't ignore the back-cast, clearly. But the main character (Ang) was the one doing most of the decisions, by accident or choice for him. Korra tried to make decisions, but she lost all forward momentum.
Ang's backup cast made it all fun, did some of the worldbuilding story-work and did a few of the major plot points. Korra's backup cast did the main-character work more than half the time and was more fun to watch than the main character. Korra mopes. Mako hopes Korra stops moping. Varrik entertains whenever and wherever.
>>
>>68271298
>Asami's face when Bryke forced her to like girls unexpectedly
>>
>>68271333
>that image
Kek'd

Peter Jackson should be the class of 2013
>>
This was a fun thread everyone. See at the next one.
>>
>>68272271
practicing her vomiting of lady-rug
>>
>>68272271
>Asami forced into eating pussy by loisy writers.
>>
>>68272232

So did Korra and Asami
>didnt u see the subtext u homophobe????
>>
>>68272299
im not a homophobe, you heterophobe!
>>
i just wished everybody agreed that the ending/romance was horribly done

nobody cares that they're lesbos
>>
>>68272288
I don't think Jackson counts he was given a choice, direct it or don't, its being made either way.

Plus Smaug and Galadriel make those movies worth seeing.
>>
File: 1406931961965.png (401KB, 1276x720px) Image search: [Google]
1406931961965.png
401KB, 1276x720px
>>68272271
>>
>>68272299
My grandma and older brother are gay...and my hate for them is based on their terrible personalities, cause I get a long with their partners just fine.
>>
File: 1419371388893.jpg (493KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1419371388893.jpg
493KB, 1280x720px
Isn't it bad that Korra ends up with Asami since Asami is such a non-character she's basically a piece of furniture or a well you can just bounce ideas off?
>Asami, what do you think about this?
>Sounds great, whatever you think
>Asami are you hungry?
>Only if you are
>Asami are you tired
>Are you tried?
>Do you ever do anything by yourself Asami?
>I went outside once. I sometimes talk to my dad

How is pairing a strong character like Korra with a walking-time-waster like Asami a good thing? Korra never won throughout the whole series.

Lin had about as good a end as Korra, but at least the kebab is food.
>>
>>68272338
This is a terrible meme but I still laughed, plus it plays on my favorite Meme of Asami Suffering.
>>
>>68272333
Go to bed, Peter.
>>
File: house-with-money.jpg (655KB, 1202x1331px) Image search: [Google]
house-with-money.jpg
655KB, 1202x1331px
>>68272401
Ok
>>
>>68271389
my nigga
>>
>>68272476

>Peter invites you over his house to do some script reading
>makes you sit on the couch as he films you
>asks you to take off your clothes a bit so he can see you more clearly
>he starts talking about all the money he forgot to put in his wallet and implies you could take some and he wouldn't even notice
>as you read over the script, you hear his fly unzip
>he asks you if he can enter the scene, lust filling his eyes

Would you?
>>
>>68271389
>>68272504

I felt this way during the finale when I realized that Korra didn't even get that much time to herself. The only thing she did with the mech was freeze it for a minute or two.

Fuck, we'll never get the actually great version of the show.
>>
>>68272575
Is this some moral question cause I have no morality and have done worse for less.
>>
This reminds me of a MAD comic I saw of a Trading Spouses parody of Family Guy and the Simpsons. Lois and Marge at the very end just went "We realized we absolutely hate you so we're gonna marry each other". Brian immediately after that says "Is there even enough plot development for them to just come out as lesbians?"
>>
>>68272761

If only other people noticed that instead of writing articles full of endless praise.
>>
>>68272761
For Lois there is a ton, for marge not so much
>>
>>68272102
>We see Korra and Asami in a straight relationship so it is okay to assume they are straight

No it isn't. People are complaining that seeing them in a queer relationship after a het one is an ass-pull but there was never anything to say they're straight. It's earsing the experiences of countless bi(or even lesbian) women who date men first.
>>
File: 1323462878579.png (7KB, 299x291px) Image search: [Google]
1323462878579.png
7KB, 299x291px
>>68272839
Nobody respond, if we don't acknowledge its stupidity, it will die.
>>
>>68272271
>implying Asami doesn't like the Korra jungle pussy
>>
>>68272761
>>68272835

the problem is that heternormativity(and censorship) in of itself is the reason you tend to have these staggered reveals.

so, protest that. not that you will.
>>
>>68272378

> Korra never won throughout the whole series.

Who defeated all the villains, genius?

> inb4 muh Jinora Christ meme

Watch the series again, faggot.
>>
Headcanon: after the finale, Asami reveals she has a penis.

What happens?
>>
>>68272959
nobody cares, because nobody is watching this garbage anymore.
>>
>>68272959
/co/ experiences something they never have before, Compromise.

It explodes, two people die.
>>
>>68272959
Isnt that why Mako ditched her?
Because no way in hell would anybody ditched Asami for S1 Korra
>>
>>68273144
What?

Season 1 Korra was best Korra. S2 she was a worse version of S1, and S3 and S4 she wasn't even Korra anymore. S4 was the worst obviously.
>>
>>68273173
>S4 she wasn't even Korra anymore

You say that like that's a bad thing.
>>
>>68273297
I'd rather have a shitty character that is at least written to be a shitty character than generic action hero #2344
>>
When they promised me an Avatar sequel set in an early 20th century style industrialized republic about the reincarnated avatar facing an anti-bending insurrection as it spawns in from the sociopolitical unrest in the wake of the events of the original series featuring fight sequences choreographed by professional martial artists and character designs based on the physiques of real life olympic athletes, the absolute last thing I could possibly have given a fuck about is whether the protagonist was gay.
>>
>>68272893
>I have no actual counter
>>
File: dv0pj1H.jpg (113KB, 399x325px) Image search: [Google]
dv0pj1H.jpg
113KB, 399x325px
>>68273388
>being this retarded

nobody who isn't retarded cares that they're gay

it's that it was written poorly you dense nigger
>>
>>68273441
That's my point. "Who's dating who" should not have been the show's claim to fame.
>>
>>68272933
>Who defeated all the villains, genius?

they defeated themselves
>>
>>68272908

Why don't you debate any good points like:
>>68272184
>>68271298
>>68269795

instead of always doing your selective lense hit and run?
>>
File: 1419545565321.jpg (7KB, 251x190px) Image search: [Google]
1419545565321.jpg
7KB, 251x190px
>>68272908

>it's censorship's fault Bryke can't write
>it's the hetero's fault Bryke can't write

People have pointed out countless ways they could have built Korrasami without worrying about censorship but they never happen.
>>68270540
>>
569 posts and going

thank you restoring my faith in my fellow /co/mrades
>>
>>68269174
how very cute
>>
>>68269835
i found it bizarre that she was able to talk kuvira down, like a child ho had a temper tantrum

i thought she'd go down like Admiral Zhao
>>
File: latest.jpg (738KB, 2124x3192px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
738KB, 2124x3192px
>>68272022
>a tomboy going les
>with her ex's ex
>Not seeing what's wrong with the that

Sweetie, you are compromising the message for choosing a badly shoehorned relationship as platform for pushing the (your) agenda instead of choosing an actually well made relationship, if you had replaced Mako with Asami in half the instances of season 4 and not have that declaration Mako gave at the end, or at least have Korra reject it (as you can see they were obviously playing both sides), if you had Korra show any interest in Asami, and gave the show an actually fulfilling ending relationships aside, then you and I would be in agreement

And please point how am I disrespectful to you my dearest
>>
>>68273173
S1 Korra pre-episode 5 was actually pretty good.

The scene where she breaks down in front Tenzin after Amon ambushes her was the closest she ever came to become sympathetic/likeable.
Thread posts: 575
Thread images: 96

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.