[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: we discuss why Korra is obviously a vastly superior avatar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 519
Thread images: 54

ITT: we discuss why Korra is obviously a vastly superior avatar to Aang

Aang:
>ran away, got frozen for 100 years and let the whole world (almost) get invaded by the fire nation
>responsible for the extinction of his entire race
>runs away from fights constantly cause he's a fucking pussy e.g. when kyoshi islands getting burned down he flys away and leaves a bunch of 14 year old girls to defeat a battleship full of soldiers
>Omashu is invaded, "bumi i'm here to help you take the city back" "no Aang go away" "k den" even though the 2 of them could reclaim the city in 5 mins
>Can't master the avatar state cause "MUH FEELINGS"
>entirely reliant on the gAang and wouldve been captured after 5 episodes tops without his friends
>gets killed in the avatar state and nearly ends the cycle if it wasn't for magic spirit water
>lets the entire earth kingdom get taken over when Azula takes Ba Sing Se
>leaves the earth kingdom under the rule of a tyranical dictator while he has fucking dance parties and cleans lakes
>gets defeated on the day of black sun "let's just forget about all our friends and family who're probably being tortured in prison and fuck about in this temple"
>getting his ass royally kicked until chiropractor rock shows up and fixes him, even then he's too much of a fag to kill Ozai
>got the whiny ass girl who thinks she's his mom

Korra:
>Defeats the most powerful bloodbender in history who wouldn't have even existed if Aang didn't let Yakone go
>competent alone and doesnt need too much help
>beats literal Satan alone with no help
>brought the spirit and human worlds together
>restored the air nation that Aang fucking abandoned to die
>defeated 4 of the most powerful benders in the world who "together could take down the whole world" while full of poison
>took down a tyrannical dictator who had an almost unstoppable force of mass destruction
>created a new spirit portal which makes republic city the literal centre of the world
>got the hot girl
>>
>ITT: I start shit with people in a very obvious trolling attempt
>>
>>68142758
Yeah but I actually liked Aang.
>>
>>68142769
not even trolling, i could come up with something better if i was trolling
>>
Korra is over and ATLA will forever be remembered as "the good show".
>>
Superior avatar, inferior character.
>>
1. Female
2. Shoulder blades
3. Delicious brown
>>
>>68142805
nostalgia clouds judgement
>>
Nope.

Aang was actually better. He ended an entire world war that was going on for almost a hundred years. Didn't feel the need to punch everything that moved. Wasn't such a hot head and respected his elders. Did all this while being a good five years younger than Korra. Also, way, way more emotionally mature than Korra.
>>
SHE HAD THE GUTS TO COME OUT OF THE CLOSET WHEREAS AANG AND ZUKO ONLY FUCKED BEHIND CLOSED DOORS.
>>
>>68142758
>guaranteed replies
>>
>>68142832
Nothing to do with nostalgia. I only watched both shows for the first time in the last month or so.

After watching them back to back I can tell you, ATLA is far superior.
>>
She wouldn't have beaten him without Jinora.

>defeated 4 of the most powerful benders in the world who "together could take down the whole world" while full of poison
With the help of her friends. Also, she almost died on the avatar state there too.

>>took down a tyrannical dictator who had an almost unstoppable force of mass destruction
Again, with the help of her friends.
>>
>>68142758
Aang is straight and white
Korra is brown and gay
the first will always be superior to the second
>>
Lesbians
>>
>>68142758

Nah, Korra was a cunt that got help from bad writting, deus ex machina and all the men in her life.

... Korra is a perfect sjw now that i realize. Men do her job for her, gets help by crying like a bitch and still feel she is the hero of her story.
>>
>>68142880
Aang got a brown girl
Korra got a hot fire nation white girl
>>
>>68142880

True, true
>>
>>68142894
>korra
>deus ex machina
top kek

>aang
>fucking lion turtle
>fucking magic spirit water
>fucking chiropractor rock
>>
>>68142896

Straigh people > Gay people

Always.
>>
>original avatar show: white main character falls in love with black girl
>new avatar show: black main character falls in love with white girl

poetry
>>
File: bestmoves.gif (489KB, 245x350px) Image search: [Google]
bestmoves.gif
489KB, 245x350px
>>68142832
Not really, I like Korra but there are definite structural flaws that point towards corporate meddling and an unfocused direction from the staff.

Both are good but one doesn't have a season that is nigh unwatchable.

If you want to talk about individual characters both have their strengths and I think that they were presented with situations that had different challenges but both came out pretty okay.

but best earth king is reserved for LoK
>>
Korra's exact strength is weird

Pretty much through the series she gets taken out by every mook. She's not great at bending despite knowing all (we never see her stop lava from destroying a town like Aang did one time or anything) and most episodes are spent telling us how useless she is. Then at the end of a book she'll turn fucking amazing at everything even without devil trigger and be able to take everything on.

Aang was always overpowering guys but also loved to mix up styles. Making him a pacifist as well made it so he'd have to be inventive, he was always fun to watch and used his powerful bending through out the series.

Basically Aang's fights and bending were more interesting
>>
>>68142838
so true
>>
>>68142879
valid point but saying she wouldnt have beaten him without jinora is a bit inaccurate, im sure if she couldnt get in she'd just fly w/ tenzin, mako, bolin and asami on oogi to the portal.

also saying she wouldnt have done it without jinora is like saying well aang would still be in the iceberg without katara and never even had to the chance to wn
>>
>>68142911
>>fucking lion turtle
>>fucking magic spirit water
>>fucking chiropractor rock

Ancient Turttle that holds the secrets and powers of energy bending is better than Loli out of the blue.

Better than "Mako, save my ass. I'm a useless cunt"

Way better than: "I'm useless piece of shit that is traumatized because of baldy"

Aang almost died and he wasn't such a whiny shit.
>>
>>68142863
I watched ATLA for the first time after watching LoK season 1 back when it aired. ATLA felt incredibly childish and cheap in direct comparison. It got slightly better in season 2 and 3, but overall LoK was just better, higher quality, more mature themes, better characters, better villains.
>>
File: 1416596378537.jpg (167KB, 600x349px) Image search: [Google]
1416596378537.jpg
167KB, 600x349px
>>68142947
>better characters
>>
>>68142879
Aang was the same he needed friends for damn near everything
>>
If you like TLoK more than ATLA then I pity you, because you clearly missed something in ATLA.
>>
>>68142958
>Aang was the same he needed friends for damn near everything

Nah, he defeated Ozai, Zuko and even an ancient spirit by himself.

Aang was more powerfull than Korra and would have fucked Kuvira's ass like a pro.
>>
>>68142946
>Way better than: "I'm useless piece of shit that is traumatized because of baldy"

Not really, that was a pretty good plot element actually. It was a very refreshing, mature and dark twist to the typical way of how action heroes in children cartoons deal with the after-effects of a gruesome battle with a villain. That alone was better writing than anything ATLA had to offer.
>>
File: 781.png (252KB, 359x263px) Image search: [Google]
781.png
252KB, 359x263px
>this entire thread
>>
>>68142974
>Not really, that was a pretty good plot element actually. It was a very refreshing, mature and dark twist to the typical way of how action heroes in children cartoons deal with the after-effects of a gruesome battle with a villain. That alone was better writing than anything ATLA had to offer.

Not really, m8. It just made Korra look weak.

I know you are trying, but you are failing miserably
>>
File: u wot.jpg (19KB, 446x349px) Image search: [Google]
u wot.jpg
19KB, 446x349px
>>68142880
>Aang
>white
>>
Korra:
>almost gets killed once
>MUH PTSD CANT KILL KUVIRA BECUZ PTSD

Aang:
>fucking dies
>alright lets kill the fire nation

Fuck off.
>>
>>68142946
>wasn't such a whiny shit

You mean like the entire series didn't lead up to him needing to kill fucking Fire Hitler and then being able to bitch out because of multiple ass pulls?

>>68142974
Are you retarded? They did the working hard montage and she got better, that's about the same as when Anng figured out that his people were kill.
>>
Because being a more powerful character makes her a better character?

Go back to DBZ
>>
>>68142958
You kidding? Aang was over powered as fuck. For most of the books he carried everyone else in fights
>>
>>68142758
Lesbians are superior to straight people. Therefore Korra > Aang.
>>
File: latest.png (110KB, 333x250px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
110KB, 333x250px
>>68142923
>but best earth king is reserved for LoK
Do You think?
>>
>>68142972
Haha, Aang lost to fucking Jet. He got slapped around by Azula's merry gang of little girls. He would have been flat out murdered by any opponent Korra had faced. The only times Aang ever won a fight was in avatar state which doesn't even count as his own victory, as he became just a vessel for all his past lifes to fight for him.
>>
Brown master race
>>
>>68142993
Korra:
>is an actual character

Aang:
>11yo demigod apparently

But muh hero!
>>
>>68143009
He wasn't earth king, though that would have been fucking amazing.
>>
>>68142974
Great idea! Don't leave it for the 3rd fucking season when she faced multiple enemies before that almost killed her though!
>>
>>68142988
whiter than korra
>>
>>68142946
>Aang almost died and he wasn't such a whiny shit.
thanks i really needed that laugh
>>
>>68142983
Yeah and there is nothing wrong with making the MC look weak. I know some fools can't understand that and only want dragonball esque power level progression from their heroes, but LoK did the PTSD thing very well and as I said, it was a refreshing twist to the usual childish way of how this sort of stuff is being handled in ATLA and similar cartoons.
>>
>>68143016
Korra lost to generic henchmen regularly

>The only times Aang ever won a fight was in avatar state
That's not true at all. He won fights every episode (Including Jet and Azula's crew) and made sure he never killed anyone at the same time.
>>
>>68143028
Newsflash: the air nomads are asian
>>
>>68142994
this guy gets it
>>
>>68143053
>>68143028
everyone is Asian
>>
File: tumblr_inline_ng57hlaFXh1qikdr9.png (84KB, 378x371px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_ng57hlaFXh1qikdr9.png
84KB, 378x371px
Sort of off topic but I dont want to start a new thread.

Will there be more Avatar comics you think? I know after LOK Nick will NEVER give Bryke another TV series but will the series continue in comics you think?
>>
>>68143053
>east aryan
>not white
>>
>>68143068
I thought fire nation was supposed to be white people.
>>
>>68142758
WAS PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED PART OF YOUR PLAN?
>>
>>68142998
never watched DBZ but if i'm honest korra's a far more interesting, relatable and all out better character than aang ever was AND she's more powerful to top it all off
>>
>>68142939
But it was Jinora that retrieved Raava from Vaatu.
>>
>>68143009
>"Don't tell Korra but my back hurts really bad"
>Fucking Bumi
>Fucking white lotus heroes

Way to fuck up Toph. Not only in one of the last lines in the show but also giving her a promiscuous love life and retarded self exclusion in a swamp.

Bravo! TLOK best show! Will miss avatar so much after that
>>
>>68143078
Just read some fanfic if you want some stories of korra and asami to fap to.
>>
>>68143078
I know there's at least 1 more ATLA comic coming.
>>
>>68143086
no but thanks for your concern you uneducated shit
>>
>>68143078
Korra would struggle where to go. It forgot to end characters story but not like with Zuko's mummy issues, just Bolin has no end

They also really fucked the world up so much that they'd have to ignore a load of shit like how the fuck will the earth nation be divided into states
>>
>>68143085
China
>>
>>68143085
fire nation = japan w/ slight chinese influence
earth kingdom = china with random asian infuences
air nomads = Tibetan monks
water tribe = native american/inuit/eskimo
>>
>>68143082
>"east aryan"
>"east aryan"
:3
>>
>>68143101
The Earth Kingdom was already divided into states, it's always been a confederate monarchy.
>>
>>68143086
DIE WAFFEN, LEGT AN
>>
File: flcl-121.png (375KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
flcl-121.png
375KB, 1920x1200px
>>68142947
That is the problem ATLA was made first meaning in the beginning it was SUPPOSED to cater to children and as the show gained a more mature audience was able to mature later on.
TLOK had the advantage of not having to gain a audience and it started out mature. TLOk spring boarded off of ATLA and it's success not the other way around
>>
>>68143101
Earth Kingdom has always been a bunch of smaller fiefdoms/kingdoms that had to pay tribute to the Earth King, though.
>>
>>68143120
I always thought earth nation was korea but china makes more sense
>>
>>68142947
Yeah but you are the kind of retard who decides to watch the sequel to a show before watching the original, so your opinion is invalid.
>>
>>68143099
theyve confirmed at least 2 more comic series, 1 starts next year
>>
Airbenders are just all around better than other people
Best spiritualists? Airbenders. Aang was very spiritually in tune and took that shit seriously Jinora's spirituality is the only thing that saved Korra from her utter incompetence in season 2 and Jinora was the only one able to astrally project without the tree-of-giant-blue-people in the spirit world. Zaheer could also access the spirirt world like a boss. Unalaq needed Korra to open the spirit portals.
Best special benders? Airbenders. they don't get special bending by a genetic quirk, they have to let go of all worldly desires that being said, flight it the most retarded special bending)
Best mobility powers? Flight (gliders and such) is obviously king. Water benders are screwed away from water-ways, fire benders don't really have any mobility boosters sans comet, and Earthbenders can only launch themselves (or metal benders can go spider-man in the city)
Best Avatars? Yangchen and Aang were both better than their waterbender followers.
Best architecture? Air temples > pretty much everything

And let's take a look at who fucks up the world
Fire Kingdom's war
Water Bender's spirit shenanigans
Earth bender's dubstep tech rape of nature
And an airbender with a really unclear plan and endgoal (why were you keeping the airbenders captive, Zaheer? What did you want with them?)

On the other hand
Worst character was also an airbender seriously, fuck Milo
>>
File: cao_cao.jpg (1MB, 910x1276px) Image search: [Google]
cao_cao.jpg
1MB, 910x1276px
>>68143101

>all the former Earth Kingdom States vy to try to gain power over other states
>massively instability
>warring States period

OH SHIT WE THREE KINGDOMS WITH ROBOTS?
>>
>>68143136
Not really. ATLA was a show that didn't talk down to kids. The first book is just simpler because of it's structure and they were still figuring stuff out. Even then it could be very mature at times, people always forget this and say the book is kiddie shit. I think they are just repeating what others say here

LoK though might have been harmed by it's "mature" nature as it could never go the full way. It is still a kids show even though it wants you to think it is grown up. Though being allowed to be grown up may have made season 1 love triangle worse as well
>>
>>68143053
>>68143068

Nah

Fire Nation = white
Air Nomads = white
Earth Kingdom = white
Water Tribe = tanned white

If they wanted Asian characters, they should have given them Asian features. This goes for all animation.
>>
>>68143151
how can you say yangchen is better than anyone we know fuck all about her also
yangchen + Aang vs kuruk + korra
kuruk and korra would fuck their shit up
>>
>>68143159
No, only Kuvira had the robot. She made love with the shadow gods and she popped the robot out of her vagina.
>>
>>68143151
This is a big issue with korra. You are following up a persons who's rule book is never do any wrong. Korra never has her own philosophy to match this, she is just a bit normal and they don't use that very well

You'd have thought they'd educate the avatar in that. Like even if Korra found it boring they should have had her come out with intelligent thoughts on philosophy and have her friends be surprised
>>
>>68143159
Nope, with Wu essentially giving over his kingdom to the Republic, I mean, 'free and fair' elections it'll be more carved up in accordance to British imperialism in China or something close to that.
>>
File: both_eldorado.gif (941KB, 398x223px) Image search: [Google]
both_eldorado.gif
941KB, 398x223px
>>68142979
>>
File: goddamnitbryce.png (147KB, 363x382px) Image search: [Google]
goddamnitbryce.png
147KB, 363x382px
>>68143151
Worst shota is made up for with best loli
>>
If Korra was a male non of those retards would argue, but she is, so my waifu.
>>
>>68143192
>how can you say yangchen is better than anyone we know fuck all about her also
Nigga were you even paying attention? She had an iron grip on the world and stopped all war as everyone was fucking afraid of her

This even carried over to the next avatar which is good as he was a lazy piece of shit water bender
>>
>>68143192
>yangchen is better than anyone we know fuck all about her also
Yangchen was so good that no one dared start a war for a generation afterwards
"This isn't about you, this is about the world"
Bitch was hardcore and got shit done
>>
>>68143192
She was so good at her job that Kuruk could afford to be a shit avatar until he dun goof'd
>>
File: laughing with milkshake.png (143KB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
laughing with milkshake.png
143KB, 444x250px
>>68143182
>>
>>68142758
>>beats literal Satan alone with no help
jinora
she mixed the into the world but no real unity.
by taking people from their homes.
she gave powers to one of them.
>took down a tyrannical dictator who had an almost unstoppable force of mass destruction
she talked her down. kuvira could have kept going.
>created a new spirit portal which makes republic city the literal centre of the world
why would a portal make it a center ? also kuviras gun going berserk is what made the portal.
>>
>>68142758
But everyone hates spirits and fears them. They fuck you up, steal your property and are just assholes. Not only that but the city is now pretty much destroyed and everyone is homeless or living in ruins

She made everyone's lives worse
>>
File: ATLBSASV2-SOL-4x6-4d25d.jpg (51KB, 280x420px) Image search: [Google]
ATLBSASV2-SOL-4x6-4d25d.jpg
51KB, 280x420px
>>68143078
ATLA's getting more comics, LoK is finished.
>>
>>68142947
>mature themes
14 year olds type of "mature" I bet you think invoking holocaust automatically makes a movie mature
>>
>>68143241
>>68143235
>>68143232
for all we know it couldve just been a peaceful period, we know nothing about her except that she beat old man iron (the rift) and thats not too impressive, also she's clearly shit, it took her a whole 2 days to beat old man iron when she was like 40 and even a 13 year old aang beat him in like 5 mins
>>
>>68143312
>we know nothing about her except that she beat old man iron (the rift)
You don't know what you are talking about. That was not the first time we met her. Stop
>>
>>68143078
Last I heard they definitely have plans to do more ATLA comics and Bryke are currently in talks with Dark Horse to start a series of Korra comics as well.
>>
>>68143312
>being this obtuse
>>
>>68143255
You make some valid points but

>taking people from their homes

No, they voluntarily came, you have superpowers why wouldn't you learn how to use them?

>she gave powers to one of them.

Wut? Zaheer got his flight from letting go of earthly desires after Boom Girl got popped by Su Yin

>she talked her down. Kuvira could have kept going.

No the only thing that gave her an immediate advantage was the superweapon, without it the war would have just dragged on. Maybe it would have ended with a Kuvira win but the collateral damage would be too high.
>>
>>68143356
>Bryke are currently in talks with Dark Horse to start a series of Korra comics as well
Source?
>>
>>68143332
tell me what else she did specifically then please, i'm honestly intrigued
>>
>tfw there wasn't a single good fight in korra
see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpxvOFkfznk

This fight alone was more impressive than 90% of Korra, the only exception being some Red Lotus bending
>>
>>68143332
>That was not the first time we met her
It's chronologically the first thing she did as a fully trained Avatar and it's the only episode of her Avatarhood that's given any sort of outline.
>>
>>68142758
>why Korra is obviously a vastly superior avatar to Aang

no

sage

hide

>>
>>68143385
Aang's talked to her before, on the Lion Turtle. She told him to killed bitches that didn't step in line like she did which lead to peace for even the next avatar. People feared her that much

>>68143398
>It's chronologically the first thing she did as a fully trained Avatar
You mean when she will be weakest?
>>
Aang > Korra

Why are you people even discussing this?
>>
>>68143437
Because lesbians.
>>
>>68143440
You mean shoehorned pandering at the last second? Ok.
>>
>>68143437
Because Aang is op
>>
>>68143450
I haven't seen any other part of the finale being discussed, so I guess it did the job.
>>
>>68143466
Because leftist nutjobs would look past shitty writing if their agenda is being pushed. They don't care it's being pushed, they just want to see it.
>>
>>68143437
top kek
>>
>>68143478
>care it's
care how it's*
>>
>>68143437
korra would absolutely destroy aang
>>
>>68143489
>korra would absolutely destroy aang
At crying? She certainly will.
>>
>>68143466
What is there to discuss really?
That the platinum mech is dumb and runs on absurdity?
That Bolin's Lavabending was once again underpowered?

It was just all so bad and dull
>>
>>68143086
is that guy still alive after what /co/ did to him?
>>
>>68143489

80yo blind toph destroyed Korra without even trying.
>>
>>68143508
>>68143500

pretty sure toph destroyed aang regularly when she was 12
also korra had ptsd and was mentally fucked, after she fixed herself or before she was broken in the first place korra>aang
>>
File: 1419013920001.jpg (2MB, 1061x1162px) Image search: [Google]
1419013920001.jpg
2MB, 1061x1162px
All you dumbasses stop fighthing and post more Korra.
Toph is also welcome
>>
>>68143533
>pretty sure toph destroyed aang regularly when she was 12
You mean she was able to hit him randomly before he could earth bend and when they weren't even fighting

We later see Aang spar with all his team v him in book 3 and he is easily winning
>>
>>68143533
No excuse. Aang didn't cry or became a bitch when he realized that he had to man up and face Ozai. He dedicated his time to unlock bending and establish friendships. Meanwhile, Korra is so self-centred and a cunt that she would rather cry and contemplate suicide.
>>
>>68143533
>pretty sure toph destroyed aang regularly when she was 12
But Aang beat her at the Earth Rumble, so no.
>>
>>68143440
But Aang was as gay for Zuko as Korra was gay for Asami
>>
File: 1383278812309.gif (3MB, 222x168px) Image search: [Google]
1383278812309.gif
3MB, 222x168px
>>68143489
Korra was a terrible bender and fighter
Aang, despite being a pacifist, was a beast in combat

People were just more super-human in Aang's era
>>
>Defeats the most powerful bloodbender in history who wouldn't have even existed if Aang didn't let Yakone go

Didn't defeat him.

Not true.

She had lots of help and would have died multiple times without it.

By accident.

By accident.

She did not defeat them all and in fact lost to Zaheer more or less.
>got the hot girl
>>
>>68143566
>>68143533
>Aang didn't cry or became a bitch when he realized that he had to man up and face Ozai
Actually he did but only for one episode and then was ready. This was after he just kinda died as well while on the run

Korra is still a whiny baby
>>
>>68143599
>they are gay because I said so! xD
Go back to tumblr
>>
>>68143604
At her best Korra never matched that
>>
>>68143604
Korra would've been #rekt
>>
>>68143606
Forgot the last few because hangover.

Afteer disappearing and letting her conquer and enslave half the world.

By accident.
>got the hot girl

As a contrivance. Also she's impure now.
>>
>>68142993
Korra had almost been killed ore than once. What made it PTSD worthy was the fact that she was slowly dying and was aware of it the whole time. Shit, when she came out she couldn't even walk. When Aang fucking died the nigga didn't even realize that shit. How the fuck is that comparable???
>>
>>68143655
The PTSD is a gimmick to only feel sorry for Korra.

I didn't buy it.

I felt bad for Aang knowing what he had to face and his determination made me stand by him. I couldn't care less if reality slapped Korra across her whiny face.
>>
>>68143655

Thats cause she was so bad, she was captured every other week by nobodies.
>>
>>68143655
And what made her get over it? "Oh I guess I should do the thing." Fucking nothing. Hell most of her rehabilitation was off screen

It was an excuse to depower her for a while

Aang still had everything to deal with and kept strong once he had his sleep on koala sheep
>>
>>68143392
Did you not see the Su vs Kuvira fight? Did you not see all that glorious fighting in the finale?

And that's just off the top of my head from the latest episodes.
>>
>>68143489
Korra vs Aang would be Aang vs Zhao on the boats 2.0
>>
>>68143606
what a retarded thing to say "well if it was an accident it must not have happened at all"
>>
File: 1311603778372.jpg (32KB, 323x323px) Image search: [Google]
1311603778372.jpg
32KB, 323x323px
>>68143489
>korra would absolutely destroy aang
>>
>>68143548
If they are in the spirit world I want Iroh to be in that Hot tub with them. Not doing anything sexual.

Just chillin and laying down some wisdom on them.
>>
>>68143566
wtf you people act like Aang didn't spend most of book 1 being a whiny little bitch. As soon as book 3 started he was a whiny little bitch. As soon as the fight with ozai approached he was a whiny little bitch. Learning earthbending? Whiny little bitch. This kid bitched about everything. Come on.
>>
>>68143688
>being this clueless
>>
>>68143751
I'm not saying it didn't happen, retard. I'm saying she doesn't deserve credit for doing it of her own volition.
>>
>>68143732
book 1 korra yes it probably would be
book 3/4 korra never in a million years would aang even come close to beating her
>>
>>68143760
There is a difference between not wanting to fight due to pacifistic nature and being a whiny bitch. Aang represents the former, while Korra represents the latter.
>>
>>68143604
Suki>Everyone else.
>>
>>68143779
so by that logic almost every significant scientific discovery ever deserves no credit as things are mostly discovered accidently
>top lel
>>
>>68143785
Avatar and LoK blessed us with so many good girls.
>>
>>68143784
"Eh, killing. So easy, a germ can do it. You're better than that."

-Gerard Way
>>
>>68143679
do you even know what a gimmick is? Or character development? I don't think you do, because if you did, you realize that recovering from PTSD influenced Korra's character. Aang was just whined until the universe gave him a way out.
>>68143688
>implying Aang never got caught by nobodies

>>68143708
The significant portions of her development took place on screen. It's like you guys don't know what PTSD is. Or just want any reason to hate korra. This guy Aang just had people cuddle him though his adventures
>>
File: 1387076796177.gif (3MB, 292x223px) Image search: [Google]
1387076796177.gif
3MB, 292x223px
>>68143785
pffft
>>
>>68143800
Completely different. What I'm saying is that Korra blundered her way into most of her achievements and the OP, though clearly bait, is untrue.
>>
>>68143784
Aang was ready to fight, but wanted to sit back and cry because "muh teachings". Korra actually had a literal psychological block in her mind that prevented her from advancing.
>>
Even though there are still alot of people who hate Korra for...little to no reason, at least it's more even nowadays. We can actually have this thread without it devolving into shit slinging.
>>
>>68143823
>do you even know what a gimmick is? Or character development? I don't think you do, because if you did, you realize that recovering from PTSD influenced Korra's character.
It made you want to side with her only because she shed a tear and was completely different, right? There you go, use your brain and connect the dots.

>Aang was just whined until the universe gave him a way out.
Korra*
>>
>>68143757
Naah, they will have tea parties with Iroh meanwhile Zaheer annoys them
>>
>>68143845
funny when i'm OP and >>68143800
and it's not bait at all, i honestly dont understand how anyone can say aang is better than korra
>>
>>68142838
>Implying Aang wasn't a publicly recognized concubine
>>
>>68143847
You Korrafags never cease to amaze me. You eat up that shit writing now.
>>
ATLA's ending would have been better ala Dragonball
Goku defeats Picollo, but doesn't kill him because he'll just be there to beat his ass down should he step out of line again

It's not perfect, but it's better than ion-turtle outta nowhere
>>
>>68142993
>Aang:
>fucking dies

No he didn't, he just almost died, if he fully died then Raava and the Avatar spirit would be gone and kaput
>>
>>68143783
book 3/4 korra never in a million years would aang even come close to beating her
Would you care to explain how your bullshit fantasy can happen?
Korra's Avatar mode has of throwing some big rocks and lifting water from a river.
Aang's avatar mode has raising up the sea, creating tornadoes.
Also Aang's bending is way more better than Korra's small time style
>>
>>68142822
don't forget the bisexuality
>>
>>68142758
You mean, "kicks him out of a window and he escapes". Tarrlok defeated Amon.

Cries and gets her bending back, from Aang; the guy you're talking shit about.

I'll give you that, but she also got her ass kicked and let the past avatars spirits be destroyed.

All she really did was leave the portals open.

That was an indirect side effect from the portals being opened or something. Did they even explain it? Anyways, Tenzin is the one who has been building the air nation again. Korra just helped find people.

Last time I checked, Suyin killed P'li, Ghazan killed himself, Mako killed Ming-Hua, and the airbenders stopped Zaheer with that tornado.

True, but she should have been stopped before she destroyed Republic City.

It was basically Kuvira who did that. Anyways, I wouldn't call that a good thing, you know, since it was the outcome of a huge explosion that nearly destroyed the whole city.

I like Korra, but acting like she's the best avatar is retarded.
>>
File: znN0R.jpg (565KB, 2711x3349px) Image search: [Google]
znN0R.jpg
565KB, 2711x3349px
>>68142932
Korra's a great bender, she keeps getting thrown into these fucking weird situations where conventional bending isn't very useful.

I can think of someone else with the same problem.
>Definitely the best Eva pilot
>Angels become increasingly unorthodox
>No mad mombot to back her up
>>
>>68143016
>which doesn't even count as his own victory, as he became just a vessel for all his past lifes to fight for him.

Don't make me bring up the chakras buddy
>>
>>68142946
People deal with near death experiences differently.
>>
>>68143910
>Also Aang's bending is way more better than Korra's small time style
>way more better
GOOD ENGLUND
>>
>>68143964
"more better" is actually correct you know.
>>
>>68143931
>she keeps getting thrown into these fucking weird situations where conventional bending isn't very useful.
Bitch can airbend. When is that not useful? It is basically broken god mode when Aang uses it

She also has the full set meaning she has all the options plus has never stated a no kill rule. Korra should destroy everyone but they just make her lose as the plot needs her to
>>
>>68143964
Aang's bending had a lot more imagination behind it.

Was Sifu Kisu even involved in Korra?
>>
>>68143920
i said defeated no killed for amon and the red lotus
Amon was defeaed when he lost his support, his power was in followers.
i'll give you the point about the red lotus but it still doesnt take away from the fact that she was integral to the situation of even being able to take them down
>>
>>68143877

kill yourself
>>
>>68143964
>Hurrr i will insult his English since i don't have a real argument
>>
>>68142758
True he wouldn't have existed, but Korra didn't defeat him, his brother killed him in a murder-suicide.
When has she done ANYTHING competent, let alone by herself? If you mean nearly dooming the world yeh she does that completely on her own
Jinora
Giving them access to eachother and brining them together are completely different things. She didn't properly manage it
Accidently did that.
By 'defeat' you mean 'let them de-stabilise the earth kingdom and only avoid death with direct intervention from others' then yes, yes she did.
Actually she just guilted Kuvira with some mommy-daddy crap. If Kuvira had wanted she could have had her army come again and wreck the city.
And destroyed Republic city near totally in the process. BRAVO
>got the hot girl
>assami
>hot
If you like bland water for every drink sure
>>
>>68142758
i am glad it over
for good
>>
>>68143975
uhm no it's not, it's more good or better never more better, thats like saying less worser
>>
>>68143856
It made consider it character development because she spent season 4 overcoming it, and changing because of that. Come on

Nope Aang
> I don't wanna give up Katara
> Alright Aang we'll assign a chiropractor rock to the job

>I don't wanna kill the fire lord
>alright Aang here's this fucking turtle out of nowhere to give you a way out

>I got myself killed because I don't know how to fight and am ending the avatar cycle
>don't worry Aang, have some fucking magic bring-you-from-the-dead-water.
>>
>>68144026
DEFEATED not killed
>>
Honestly based on what we know about past Avatars I would say the order from best to worst is:Yangchen>Korra=Aang>Kiyoshi>Roku>Kuruk.

Yangchen was so good at her job that the world had peace for a long time after she died.Both Aang and Korra messed up,had help from their friends,got some Deus Ex Machinas and had moments of weakness.However both of them did their part to protect the world.Kiyoshi screwed up by creating the Dai Li,which shows she did not think long term(if you give a ruler a secret police force eventually some ruler will use the secret police to opress the people).Roshi passed all his problems unto Aang and failed to stop Sozin when he had the chance.Kuruk did nothing and his wife lost her face to Koh.I did not include Wan because I have a hard time ranking him.
>>
>>68144000
Pretty sure it was done on purpose, showing the change of times and how bending evolved from flashy shit to a focused style that cuts away all the unnecessary crap. Kind of how MMA showed how useless traditional martial arts were in a real fight, probending showed that flashy kung-fu-esque bending was easily defeated.
>>
>>68143016
>He would have been flat out murdered by any opponent Korra had faced
You mean like the bloodbender who got his ass kicked by Aang?
>>
>>68144039
Less worse, is also correct.
And what the hell is "worser"
>>
>>68143880
You TLAfags are ridiculous, as if the only way Aang can be good is if Korra is shit. I didn't even think LOK was much more that "alright", but I can see you guys are bullshit.
>>
>>68144019
i do have an argument, if you think aang would have defeated any of korras villains if he was in her place you're extremely extremely deluded, whereas kora wouldve done the same as aang against Ozai but she wouldve finished the job
>>
>>68144055
Defeat implies her actions effected the outcome that much. It was the efforts of many, like his brother who outed him as a water bender and that henchmen who turned against him that did most of it. Korra just had to charge in and punch stuff. Bravo.
>>
>>68143120
this is how I've always viewed the nations too
>>
>>68144082
i really hope that english isnt your first language
>>
>>68144091
Not that anon, but which version of Aang are you talking about here that couldn't take on Korra's opponents. Aang at the beginning of Book 1 or end of Book 3?
>>
>>68143016
Oh yeah tell me how Aang would lose Zaheer.
Tenzin wiped the floor with Zaheer.
Kuvira would be nothing to Aang he would just trap him in a block of ice or a wall of earth.
Or drop a giant rock at her, bash her ass with airbending.

Also Korra would get turned into a slut slave against Azula's gang, you cannot deny this whatever you do
>>
>>68144068
>You mean like the bloodbender who got his ass kicked by Aang?

No I mean the son of the bloodbender who adult Aang at the prime of his power barely defeated while in avatar state. Amon was infinily more powerful than his father and his father was able to have Toph, her police and Aang frozen in place before he activated the avatar-hax. There is literally nothing ATLA Aang could have done against Amon. Nor against Zaheer, nor Unalaaq or even Kuvira.
>>
>>68144061
Wan should be on top of all of them.
>>
>>68144062
I mean I get why they did this to fit into the whole idea of changing times and having to adapt / whether or not the Avatar is useful anymore, but I would take creative fight scenes over MMA boxing / punching elements realism anyday. Sham we only started to see it with the red lotus fights and a few in Book 4, particularly that excellent Su / Kuvira one.
>>
>>68144007
>but it still doesnt take away from the fact that she was integral to the situation of even being able to take them down

Explain how. I remember this happening:

>she gets captured
>tied up and poisoned
>Jinora tells them where they are (I think)
>Korra goes into the avatar state and rampages
>Zaheer runs away and Korra chases him
>Bolin and Mako take care of the other two members
>Korra is mainly getting thrown around by Zaheer
>Was getting suffocted by Zaheer
>Airbenders make a huge tornado
>Korra pulls Zaheer down by a chain

If anything, Jinora was the integral in taking down the Red Lotus, since she told everyone where she was, and came up with the tornado idea.
>>
>>68144082
worse already implies its less good (the correct term) and better already implies more good (the correct term) so saying more before it is wrong. it's effectively like saying a double negative i.e "i never done nothing". educate yourself
>>
>>68144128
Yet Amon never did something like what happened in that court room

In fact he fucking wasted his power and it took ages for him to fuck with people
>>
Aang and Korra were two different Avatars. But, Aang had a harder task.

There was not a single climactic fight Korra was engaged in that didn't feature an external source of help to supplement her flailing, clueless style. Aang was everything Korra is, and a statesman to boot.

Korra's legend is a flailing disaster.
>>
>>68144091
>Korra would win Aang would lose
>LOOK I GOT AN ARGUMENT
Aang already kicked Amon's father's ass.
An amateur airbender like Zaheer would stand no chance against Aang and Aang also can fly in Avatar mode.
Kuvira vs Aang would be Shifu Yan Lei vs Mohammed Ali
>>
>>68142947
If you watch Korra ad The Last Airbender side by side, the difference in art style and quality is a little jarring, especially when it comes to color depth in Water
>>
>>68144120
end of book 3 aang could probably take kuvira, none of the others. beginning of book 1 aang would be dead in seconds
>>
>>68144126
Tenzin is a better airbender than 12 year old Aang.

If Aang is such a badass why did he never do that shit with Azula?
>>
>>68144128
If adult Aang could do it, doesn't it stand to reason that young Aaang could, since the Avatar State's power wouldn't have changed at all?
>>
>>68144126
>Also Korra would get turned into a slut slave against Azula's gang, you cannot deny this whatever you do

Are you crazy? Korra would fucking wreck Azula. Azula's gang was a joke. Mai's entire fighting style was based on throwing knives at clothes of people to pin them in place for crying out loud and she was supposed to be considered a threat!

Deal with it, Aang was a complete and utter weakling, he never won anything without the avatar state.
>>
>>68144165
B-but muh red lotus! and she ggot a hot girl am I right :^)
>>
>>68144154
You do realize "less worse" is the same as better?
>>
>>68144126
zaheer wasn't alone though, he had ming-hua, ghazan and p'li which is how they beat anyone, alone theyre little to no threat but together they wipe the floor with anyone, especially aang
>>
>>68144174
Oh I hope you're trolling then.

Aang at the end of Book 3 has control of the Avatar state, Amon gets BTFO

Aang at the end of Book 3 has better bending and takes more advantage of the Avatar state's knowledge boost than Korra, Unalaq gets BTFO

Zaheer gets BTFO cause of the above too, and may or may not get his bending taken away at some point
>>
>>68144147
>korra not there
>airbenders all dead
zaheer, ghazan, p'li, ming-hua fuck everyones shit up, its very simple
>>
>>68144189
In that case, doesn't that mean Korra in avatar state could have done everything Aang did as well? So really, every single win Aang had while in avatar state would be an easy win for Korra in avatar state as well. At least before it got broken by Unalaaq.
>>
>>68144193
Azula was one of the best benders in ATLA, even Toph couldn't catch her.
>I will stick out the weakest of the group so no one will think about the other 2.
Azula is also a goddamn master at dodging and acrobatics.
We have seen Korra get blocked by normal chi blockers and you think she can take out Ty LEe and Azula together?
Drop the fanboyism
>>
>>68144172
amon was more powerful than his father by far, zaheer wasnt the threat alone, he had ghazan, p'li, ming-hua too and they'd fuck him up
if korra wasnt poisoned she wouldve wiped the floor with zaheer, youre not telling me that if aang was poisoned like korra that he wouldnt get shit on like korra did
>>
>>68144238
She can't control it and loses it and all the old avatars so nah she's fucked
>>
>>68144263
What feat of Amon's qualifies him above his father?
>>
>>68144204
How could 4 of them would be able to take out Aang fully in Avatar mode?
The only threat there would be Ming Hua which probably would get buried or frozen
>>
>>68143120
And then you have the Native Americans who showed up in the oasis town. That was pretty unexpected, but I'm guessing they're also Earth Kingdom?
>>
>>68144263
>amon was more powerful than his father by far,
since when? I never saw him do shit on his level
>>
>>68144217
And yet Aang lost to Azula's little schoolgirl squad, Jet and motherfucking Zuko. But sure, he could take down the deadliest bloodbender ever and elite benders of the Red Lotus without any effort at all.

Just let it go, man. Aang sucked and the villains he faced were far weaker than any of the villains Korra faced. That's not a detriment to the quality of ATLA, it's just a fact.
>>
>>68144288
Taking away other people's bending is beyond Yakone.
>>
>>68144217
he might possibly be able to take amon
unavaatu would DESTROY him theres no doubt, you must be lying to yourself
in the same situation as korra, if he was poisoned he'd get murdered by zaheer
>>
>>68144218
They managed to tornado a flying airbender.
Same thing could be applied to all 4 of them
>>
Aang had the actual respect of the world, nothing Korra did ever gained her respect, she basically lived her life off of Avatar cotails
>>
>>68144062
>showing the change of times and how bending evolved from flashy shit to a focused style that cuts away all the unnecessary crap
>all the unnecessary crap

That doesn't work when the complicated forms let you make shit like fire tornadoes and rock armor. The forms existed because they were the best way to bend, period, end of story.

Also MMA is gay shit, It's basically just wrestling because it's entirely ground game.
>>
>>68144026
You'd die without water.
>>
>>68144297
That seemed like a unique application of bloodbending, but not a feat of higher skill. Yakone manipulated a whole courtroom of people without the slightest effort. Amon never did that, even in situations where it would have benefited him.
>>
>>68144268
Only after the whole Zaheer thing can she not control it. When Korra first got the avatar state, it's the exact same as with Aang, she becomes a vessel for all her past lifes. Every single thing Aang ever accomplished could also be accomplished by Korra by default, that's the whole idea of the avatar state.
>>
>>68144273
he could blood bend people without them being aware of it, like when he took zolts bending and redirected all of his attacks with bloodbending, his father could not do this
>>
>>68143489
>Implying Korra and Aang wouldn't go penguin sledding and Koi surfing instead
>>
>>68143136
You ever think that the reason Korra was so shit was BECAUSE it tried to appeal to more mature viewers? Some of my favorite cartoons appeal to kids but don't talk down to them, turning out to be for all audiences.
>>
>>68144296
>And yet Aang lost to Azula's little schoolgirl squad
no. She caught him off guard once but in their first encounter they drew

> Jet
Beat by end of episode

>Zuko
Constantly thrown into builds etc by Aang even early on. He was a joke for Aang
>>
>>68144288
>since when?

Since his father said so that his son had more potential than him and since his father got killed by him? Did you even watch this show?
>>
>>68144282
what?
>>
>>68143548
I want to see Korra and Asami visit the bath house from Spirited Away so badly
>tfw there is a sourpuss spirit named Lin
>>
>>68144296
Aang took down the second deadliest bloodbender. Compared to Avatar State, Amon has 0 chance. That's one down.
Korra lost to some simple chi blockers too. Meanwhile Ty Lee is probably one of the best chi blockers.
You should stop underestimating Azula She is a goddamn good bender and way better than Kuvira if we are to compare.

Avatar State and could easily take down Red Lotus without any effort yeah. Tell me how he cannot if you can find a way.
>>
>>68144273
taking peoples bending away too
>>
>>68144352
can you actually show this at all though?

Their dad does stuff neither are shown to be ever able to
>>
>>68144296
>But sure, he could take down the deadliest bloodbender ever

Book 1 already showed that Avatar state > bloodbending, Aang has controlled Avatar state, he wins

>>68144305
>unavaatu would DESTROY him theres no doubt, you must be lying to yourself

Someone clearly didn't see Aang in Avatar State vs Ozai

>in the same situation as korra, if he was poisoned he'd get murdered by zaheer

Kek, but no, you don't even bring up any evidence from the show to support your argument and Aang's better at Avatar state than Korra and better experienced even in airbending so fighting someone in flight isn't as big a problem and he's already shown he can catch a dude flying
>>
>>68144345
You ever think that the reason why YOU think Korra was shit is because you prefer childish shows? That doesn't make more mature shows automatically bad, you know. It just means you are a manchild with bad taste.
>>
Aang:
>turned himself over to Zuko to save the Southern Water Tribe
>Is easily a better bender compared to Korra, or most people in LOK.
>Saved the Northern Water Tribe from being wiped out
>constantly solving people's problems, and helping people out in general. "The Great Divide", Hei Bai, fire nation colonies in earth kingdom territory, creating republic city.
>saved a town from being destroyed by a volcano, with airbending alone. Without even using the avatar state
>Outwitted a fire nation general and made him destroy his own fleet of ships
>created a huge zoo for the animals in
>learned three elements in less than a year, each element in one day.
>returned Tom-Tom to his parents, like any nice person would do
>destroyed the firenation drill that was infiltrating Ba Sing Se
>beat the firelord and made sure he couldn't hurt anyone else

I'm probably forgetting some things. I also haven't read the comics.
>>
>>68144383
Aang would meditate 10 seconds in that tree and turn into giant Aang too then. Same thing, Unavaaut dies, no need for Jinora
>>
>>68142947

>Maturity

God, I hate how this word is used wrong. it obnoxiously shows how childish a person is trying to be mature.
>>
>>68144273
>What feat of Amon's qualifies him above his father?

Uh I dunno, how about effortlessly controling his father through bloodbending and killing him while he was still a child?
>>
>>68144383
>implying ozai is even 1% as strong as unavaatu
>>
>>68143909
He said himself that he was dead and Katara's quick thinking with the spirit water brought him back
>>
>>68144386
>mfw Aang was a more strong independent woman than Korra. As a child.
>>
>>68144403
You forgot one thing.
Korra was a prodigy avatar, bending fire earth and water when she was just a child.
She got trained by White Lotus for years
Even with that, she turned out to be a shitty bender.
That takes some skill
>>
The ending to LOK was much better than TLAB, in TLAB Aang gets thrown around like a rag doll for a little bit before hitting his back on a magical rock, then he just turns into a boring flying brick that just steam rollers over Ozai, the second Aang went avatar mode all tension just drained out of the fight and it just became a who can throw the biggest thing competition. Also Aang never really tried to help Ozai, he just crippled him an threw him in a dark room forever.

LOC was much better really fulfilling Zahir's statement about the avatar having limitless potential but never having her become boringly superior, its a great fight where Kuvira keeps raising the stakes but no matter how far she takes it Korra seems to effortless match her until Kuvira literally fires infinite energy at her and she shrugs it off without even breaking a sweat. Kuvira finally realises there is nothing she can do to break Korra, the most important bit is that Korra then takes the time to sit and try to empathise with Kuvira, like a parent that has just waited for the temper tantrum to burn itself out and now wants to guide her errant child to more helpfully expressing their feelings. That's what the Avatar is about, not stomping on the baddies but guiding the world to natural, spiritual and personal balance.
>>
>Before lesbian finale
"Jesus Korra is the worst character. What an asshole."

>After lesbian finale
"KORRA IS THE BEST CHARACTER AND SHE COULD TOTALLY BEAT AANG BECAUSE SHE IS THE BEST AVATAR EVER".

That's /co/ alright. /u/ lite at this point.
>>
>>68144403
>returned Tom-Tom to his parents, like any nice person would do
>created a huge zoo for the animals in
>constantly solving people's problems, and helping people out in general. "The Great Divide", Hei Bai, fire nation colonies in earth kingdom territory, creating republic city.
pointless shit points

>implying korra couldnt have done every single one of thise things with minimal effort
top kek
>>
>>68143910
Korra was flying around with fire jets, using Hulk smash strength, and shearing the tops off of mountains to use as projectiles AFTER she lost her past lives. Then she bent Kuvira's death ray after it was powered up with unlimited spirit power.

Aang's avatar state only raised the sea when he was hijacked by the ocean spirit
>>
>>68144443
Kuvira was plot armor the character for the entire season.
Also everyone can compare last 10 minutes of one episode against a whole season.
Just ignore everything in Book 3 of ATLA yeah, that is a good comparison
>>
Insufferable faggots defend their faggot-pandering character. Who would have guessed?
>>
>>68144406
>Aang would meditate 10 seconds in that tree and turn into giant Aang too then

Honestly if not for plot, Aang would actually just beat Unavaatu before he ever goes giant. In fact he'd probably be the one to extract Vaatu from Unalaq and destroy Vaatu (it's not killing or death if the person comes back perfectly fine, loophole to air nomad pacifism). Then Unalaq just gets put in jail or something afterwards

>>68144418
I'm talking about bending feats and creativity, which Korra lacks in compared to Aang
>>
>>68144449
OP here, i always thought korra was better than aang even before the finale, her being a lesbian has nothing to do with it, we're not tumblr
>>
File: Burn.gif (2MB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
Burn.gif
2MB, 250x188px
>>68144418
Comet Ozai would laugh at unavaatu
And by laugh I mean destroy utterly
>>
>>68144218
Korra getting captured or not wouldn't have affected the outcome of the airbenders being saved.

Korra didn't tell everyone where the airbenders were.
Korra didn't save the airbenders
P'li was dead before Korra was even captured. In case you don't realize, Tenzin was kicking Red Lotus ass until P'li shot at him.
Bolin and Mako handled Ghazan and Ming-hua.

All Korra did was get captured and fight Zaheer in the avatar state. The airbenders getting saved didn't have anything to do with her. They would have been found anyways.
>>
>>68144194
Katara was hot, brown but hot.
>>
>>68144435
He was a whiny vegan hippie and a complete brat. If Korra had done any of the shit Aang did, such as lying to Katara and Sokka about the letter from their father, people like you would NEVER let that go. But because it's Aang and because he's just a stupid child, none of that shit is ever held against him. Meanwhile Korra has been treating on eggshells for the entire show.
>>
>>68144470
That isn't that hard to to in berserked Avatar mode.
And bending the spirit ray is just the same deus ex as the Lion Turtle.
Aang also showed off his avatar state vs Ozai or all the times he went berserk
>>
>>68143999
Aang had been an Airbender all his life and gotten mastery before age 12. Korra didn't learn that until she was 17 and is more attuned to Fire and Earth.

Zaheer had airbending and Tenzin still styled all over him. It's the same difference between Aang's airbending and Korra's.
>>
>>68144477
i would say bending a beam of pure energy capable of destroying an entire city is a decent feat? would you not?
>>
>>68144434
>He said himself that he was dead

But then how does one know that they're dead and not just near death or in a death like state?

If he's dead then the Avatar cycle and Raava would actually be permanently gone, you can't bring or take that back if Raava gets destroyed, she'd have to be remade inside of Vaatu.
>>
>>68144443
Meh. You're acting like Aang never showed empathy to his villains while Zuko existed. Plus as lame a villain as Ozai was, his role was clear- he was completely set on destruction. The first thing Aang does in their fight is try talking to him and it goes nowhere. It's an unstoppable force meeting an immovable object and the point of the story is that Aang still found a way to win by his own morals.
>>
>>68144443
actually Ozai was put in a psyche ward. It still had chains, but that's because Ozai is crafty.

And if you think 'Two spirit-titans fighting' is somehow more subtle than Avatar State Aang Vs. A Mortal But 100X Comet Empowered Man.. I just.. what? Avatar Vs. Dark Avatar is so cliche I just lost all interest during that whole jarring thing.

People who bitched about the Lion Turtle Teaching Aang Spirit-Bending shit should've rightly FLIPPED their SHIT about Korra randomly growing into a fucking blue kaiju. There was more precedent with taking someone's bending away through chi manipulation and avatar powers than there was for Korra to think in a tree and grow into a titan. Instead what we get is people acting like that asspull of an ending was somehow clever, or demonstrates Korra's superiority.

So to summarize: Aang hit his back/neck on a rock and it fixed his wonky chakras, allowing him to enter the Avatar State.
Korra sat in a tree and grew giant.

Korra had Punisher level plot armor and poorer basis for her deus ex machina than Aang. Aang's adventure was better written.
>>
>>68144449
>>68144483
korra is not a lesbian, when will this bullshit stop?
>>
>>68144526
That's not an element and it can't be repeated unless all your opponents have handy dandy spirit cannons, so, not really
>>
>>68144489
How the fuck would a little bit of fire destroy Unavaatu? It wouldn't even leave a mark on him.
>>
>>68144470

Aang was redirecting lightning and throwing clifftops outside of the avatar state against ozai.

In avatar state he was flying with as much control as zahir but also controlling all 4 elements at the same time.
>>
File: 1419126034864.jpg (16KB, 288x205px) Image search: [Google]
1419126034864.jpg
16KB, 288x205px
>>68144489
i wish i had the words to describe how much i'm laughing right now
>being this wrong
>being this stupid
>thinking ozai is strongest villain
>>
>>68144452
It's part of his character.

>solving people's problems
>the avatar's job is to keep peace
>created republic city
>pointless shit points

>>implying korra couldnt have done every single one of thise things with minimal effort
Korra could create Republic City with minimal effort? Also, last time I checked, she isn't that great with handling spirits, or keeping peace.
>>
>>68144522
Aang did stupid shit but he always got called out on it and faced the consequences in order to improve.

Korra consistently avoided doing that. Therein lies the difference.
>>
File: 1419031575974.png (141KB, 215x266px) Image search: [Google]
1419031575974.png
141KB, 215x266px
>>68142838
i laughed
>>
>>68144524
>And bending the spirit ray is just the same deus ex as the Lion Turtle.
how? energy bending is established lore
>>
>>68144522
Wow, it's almost as if a small child who's entire culture and people have been killed is allowed to be more immature and emotional than an older spoiled, pampered girl, who basically has lived in relaxation with no duties.

Seriously, Korra was a horrible, unrelatable, unlikable protagonist
>>
>>68144473
Nice of you to complain about people talking about the last 10 min as you haven't obviously been paying attention to the past two seasons of Korra and the whole character arc for the main protagonist is about her being a better avatar instead of just a better fighter.

FWI Good Fighter =/= Good Peacekeeper
>>
>>68144529
The point of the comic was that the Avatar Spirit was wrecked and Aang had to fix it. He was dead enough for that to happen but Yuei was keeping Aang himself just barely alive.

I know it's murky but it is true.
>>
>>68144525
>Korra didn't learn that until she was 17 and is more attuned to Fire and Earth.
Yet she still never did anything as big as stopping a lava flow with a huge ass wall like Aang did that one episode. She was older and took more time to learn than him yet still never did any huge feats like that

The best she did was sometimes throw a lot of water if she was very close
>>
>>68144477
Basicly this. Aang would have no problem extracting Vaatu from Unalaq.
Why didn't Korra try the same thing considering she learned spirit bending from Aang?
Probably because she is an idiot and she forgot
>>
>>68144541
When delusional fucks like you will stop whining about it and accept the reality of what you saw in the finale. Meaning never.
>>
>>68144573
>Korra consistently avoided doing that.

Like when?
>>
>>68144603
You mean nothing? Because nothing hapened in the final other than two best friends going on vacation together.
>>
>>68144541
i remember the last time i walked into a huge portal holding hands with my best friend and looked longingly into their eyes
>>
>>68144541
but if it was mako "theyre definitely a couple again" there would be nothing even close to an argument about its meaning if it was mako
>>
>>68144589
>Korra acting like a teenage girl
>"HURRRR SHE'S SUCH A HORRIBLE PERSON HOW CAN ANYONE POSSIBLY LIKE HER FUCK KORRA"
>Aang acting like a dumb little child
"He's just a kid, he did nothing wrong, cut him some slack"

You ATLAfags are literally the worst.
>>
>>68144646
Hint: Mako and Korra actually kissed twice.
>>
File: 1383282120483.gif (3MB, 310x174px) Image search: [Google]
1383282120483.gif
3MB, 310x174px
>>68144556
Are you saying that Spirits are immune to bending?
>>
>>68144588
Yeah it was but Korra only used it once in her lifetime. Had no practice whatsoever about it.
She is only got a little good at that waterbending spirit bending at book 4.
And then suddenly, with Avatar mode, she is able to bend a giant beam of spiritual energy powered by a forest of spirit vines
>>
File: Korrasami just friend.jpg (119KB, 1500x998px) Image search: [Google]
Korrasami just friend.jpg
119KB, 1500x998px
>>68144630

Yup, just like Varrick and Zhu Li, Bolin and Opal, Kuvira and Baatar Jr. All just friends.
>>
>>68144165
Aang didn't win any of his climactic fights without outside influence either.
>Fire Nation Armada: Koi Polloi kaiju spirit hijack

>Crossroads of Destiny: Killed by Azula, would have ended the Avatar cycle if not for Katara

>Sozin's Comet: last minute power by the Lion Turtle, convenient rock to the back to reawaken his Avatar state.

Aang COULD have beaten Ozai without his Avatar state and almost did but he couldn't land the killing blow with his lightning.

He has a great record against mooks and villains of the week but he's about the same as Korra when it comes to bosses and she, despite being Avatar Punch-a-bunch, managed to talk down her final foe whereas Aang never could.
>>
>>68144568
id she had been best friends with the fire lord, friends with the earth king and the girlfriend of the southern water tribe pseudo-chiefs daughter, yes, yes she could make republic city EASILY
>>
>>68144603
I saw two best friends hold hands after the climax of the series.
No kiss. No "I luv u". Nothing.
Not even hints that their relationship was sexual or romantic at ANY point in the series.

I would accept it if there was any evidence. But there is not.
Only wishful thinking.
>>
>>68144630

Sure, 2 best friends holding hands and staring lovingly into each other's eyes while the music track "the avatar's love" plays in the background, mirroring the scene from the wedding we saw just a couple minutes earlier as the final shot of the show.

>j..just two friends guys
>>
>>68144648
Are you actually not considering the fucking age difference.
Aang was a child who lost his entire nation and is the last airbender alive. And Korra wa just a teenager.
>>
>>68144648

>Korra cries and does stupid things
It's alright she's just a teenage girl. You just don't undderstand the what she has to go through boo hoo #whitegirlproblems

>Aang whines and does stupid things
Fucking idiot lol lionturtle worst avatar even #cisavatar #zutara

See I can strawman too
>>
>>68144599
>The point of the comic was that the Avatar Spirit was wrecked and Aang had to fix it.

Sure it was wrecked, but this new Vaatu/Raava reborn thing fucks things up retroactively.

Aang can't have been dead cause otherwise Raava is just gone and would be reborn into Vaatu. And this happens quickly since in the same last breath Wan for example dies, Raava and Wan's spirits rise up almost immediately, so Aang can't have been dead.
>>
File: 1371522964732.gif (470KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1371522964732.gif
470KB, 200x150px
>Korrasamifags
>>
>>68144630
>being this blind
>>
>>68144688
That's because you are autistic though and probably never had a relationship in your life.
>>
>>68144657
hint: even if it had been Wu peoplle wouldve said they were in a relationship, when will you accept the truth
>>
File: 1419149281281.png (578KB, 812x583px) Image search: [Google]
1419149281281.png
578KB, 812x583px
>>68144630
Cute.
>>
>>68144540
Season two was lucky to exist and was wrote in a hurry because Nick were too busy looking at the chart to employ any artistic intelligence. Sure the execution was a little ham fisted but the concepts employed were valid, if you had to explain the concepts of Karma, the conflict between Ying and Yang as well as how it effects the cosmic balance all at the same time to a child with no prep time I doubt you'd come up with something better than color coded giants.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2014-12-21-11h09m20s179.png (813KB, 1276x720px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2014-12-21-11h09m20s179.png
813KB, 1276x720px
>>68144354
The Nuktuk fans from the Misty Palms Oasis
>>
Lesbian brown avatar, utterly disgusting.
>>
>>68144683
Korra's enemies werent that psycho compared to Azula and Ozai.
Also Aang losing his Avatar State connection from Azula's lightning is also pure coincidence, by lightning hit a chakra point and boom, Avatar State gone.
I can't say anything against Lion Turtle but it was only there for Aang not to kill Ozai
>>
>>68144668
well in the avatar state she has the knowledge of all previous avatars so i'm sure at least one of them knew energy bending also she did know it from season 2
>>
>>68144658
They sure as hell were immune to bending during ATLA and season 2 of LoK. That's why Korra had to learn energybending from Unalaq to calm down the spirits.
>>
>>68144710
You're right. Korra really butchered the lore hard.
>>
File: 1416696359670.jpg (346KB, 700x840px) Image search: [Google]
1416696359670.jpg
346KB, 700x840px
>>68144712
Are you afraid of a little bit of pussy?
>>
>>68144733
>Friends can't hold hands and look at each other otherwise people will think they're gay
Shitty world we live in
>>
File: EkVI17D.png (264KB, 1232x513px) Image search: [Google]
EkVI17D.png
264KB, 1232x513px
>>68144688
proof you say?
>>
>>68144755
>>68144755
*cough* season 2 *cough* Unavaatu *cough* *cough*
>>
>>68144648
How does that make it okay? She doesn't become any more likeable because of that, if you can't write a character well at a certain age don't. If the point was to dislike her job achieved but they never build on that

Aang's kindness comes off as entertaining and we see him become more mature. Korra is annoying and gets slightly less annoying.
>>
http://strawpoll.me/3233729
>>
>>68144776
Friends dont stare into each other's eyes deeply while holding both hands in a romantic way.
>>
>>68144778
>walking into the sunset is reserved for lovers

Get a load of this guy.
>>
>>68144743
They say on many occasions that the earth kingdom is about diversity, the skin tones vary, they just have the same skin tone as Wu
>>
>>68144540
>People who bitched about the Lion Turtle Teaching Aang Spirit-Bending shit should've rightly FLIPPED their SHIT about Korra randomly growing into a fucking blue kaiju. There was more precedent with taking someone's bending away through chi manipulation and avatar powers than there was for Korra to think in a tree and grow into a titan.

There really wasn't. The giant spirit had at least been introduced as far back as Earth, and I was expecting Aang to do the same thing Korra did each time it appeared. They had already set the precedent for it with the koi spirit.
>>
Ang wouldn't have stopped the Fire Nation if he wasn't frozen in the ice. He was just a kid, who knew nothing of his avatar abilities, had no training. He would have been killed with the rest of the air nation and then the water tribes would have been wiped out to prevent him from coming back too.

Yeah, the rock in the finally is bullshit but so is Korra just suddenly figuring out how to bend the spirit weapon's energy like it was nothing.
>>
File: 1417376716599.gif (2MB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1417376716599.gif
2MB, 256x256px
>>68144819
>stare into each other's eyes deeply
>while holding both hands in a romantic way
You are full of shit and delusion. Look at what you just wrote, I can't believe anyone would look at this and not burst out laughing.
>>
>>68144668
Energybending isn't a martial art that can be learned, it was bestowed on Aang by the lion turtle (while the chant of the infinite Buddha played, which is about how a Buddha was granted infinite power and wisdom by striving for perfection) and Aang granted that power to Korra, it was really a matter of will power from there, after being utterly broken once and putting herself back together Korra was unshakeable.
>>
>>68144822
>still doesnt believe even though the creators and voice actors all confirmed it
>KEKEKEKEKEK
>>
>>68144860

I still just see Korra looking at Asami's nose. Asami looks down toward Korra but she ain't looking back.
>>
>holding hands, looking deeply into each others eyes doesn't mean they're lesbians
>kissing doesn't mean they're lesbians
>eating each other out doesn't mean they're lesbians
>marriage doesn't mean they're lesbians
>adopting kids doesn't mean they're lesbians
>>
>>68144589
Korra's an ignorant, selfish teenager who learned to be a better person.

Aang was already a good person but he didn't really develop a lot
>>
>>68144860
>doesnt believe in korrasami
>>
>>68144872
What did I miss? When did this happen?
>>
>>68144906
here >>68144778
>>
>>68144872
"yeah they are totally gay, u guise. We just couldnt show it on tv because of the jews"

Sure thang
>>
File: 1417997838240.jpg (71KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1417997838240.jpg
71KB, 540x540px
>>68144860

Are you real? How does your downs addled brain still know to draw breath?
>>
>>68144753
>Charka point
She didn't hit him in a chakra point, she shot a hole straight through him. He has an entry and exit wound, one on his foot and one on his back
>>
I didn't watch every episode, but I'm guessing the lesbian ending was as big of an ass pull as it felt like it was to me.
>>
>>68144906
also janet varney (korra) said on twitter i think, so did dante basco (zuko/iroh 2) and zelda williams (kuvira)
>>
>>68144915
And the voice actors part? Did they comment on the ending?
>>
>>68144946
Source
>>
>>68144860
Mike's liking Korrasami art and reposting stories of people touched by the gay couple on his personal tumblr
>>
>>68144944
Not really, they have been shipteasing about it for like two and a half seasons. Just no one thought they had the balls to not suddenly bring Mako back in at the end.
>>
>>68144953
dante basco (zuko/iroh 2) janet varney (korra) zalda williams (kuvira) and pj byrne (bolin), i think byrne did anyway. but all of them have commented on it, especially basco
>>
File: images (1).jpg (9KB, 200x252px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
9KB, 200x252px
>>68144860
>No u
>Being this delusional
>That mad
>That shit posting
>Thinks he knows better than the creator of the show
You also know nothing about romance. Have you ever loved someone anon? Or no one ever fell in love with you?
>>
>>68144906
Check out Mike's tumblr account. He's been liking Korrasami fanarts.
>>
>>68144974
Link to his tumblr?
>>
>>68144982
What did they say about it?
>>
>>68144969
https://twitter.com/dantebasco/status/546137848647147520

i saw williams and varney somewhere but can only find basco
>>
>>68145013
http://michaeldantedimartino.tumblr.com/

I'm not sure how you access his "likes" page from here. Tumblr's layout fucking confuses be but I found a link to it searching the Korra tag last night
>>
>>68144981

that explains it. The last two seasons are the ones where I really started to lose interest.
>>
>>68145034
>>68145052
Wow that's pretty neat. I guess this is really all the confirmation I needed.
>>
>>68144974
>>68145002
Uh, huh.
And has he said "yes, they are indeed gay"?
>no
Oh.
Well then nothing can really be derived from that except that he likes the idea of korrasami. Doesnt make korrasami real.
>>
>>68145033
mikes been posting about it all over his tumblr including a woman talking about her gay kid and how it helped them and articles about how its "progressive for bi's" on facebook and tumblr
>>
>>68144896
>Aang was already a good person but he didn't really develop a lot

Aang was good natured, but he still had a lot of maturing to do during ATLA.
>>
>>68145034
Hahahhaha, oh man, this is just perfect.
I am betting anti-KorrAsami fags will start complaining about how Dante Basco wasn't in book 4 and he knows nothing about it.
Next wave of tears in bound
>>
>implying Kuvira, Amon or Zaheer would not destroy Ozai

Just accept it, help or not, Korra defetead bigger and more dangerous threats than Aang ever did. That does not mean Korra is a better character, but she IS a better Avatar.
>>
>>68145074
jesus, you are one of those people that needs to have them drawn by one of Bryke themselves naked kissing each other on a train track before you believe they are interested in each other, right?
>>
File: 1417321085169.jpg (92KB, 811x680px) Image search: [Google]
1417321085169.jpg
92KB, 811x680px
>>68145074
Your tears of denial and buttfury are off the fucking charts.
>>
>>68145100
No.
But I do need objective evidence to believe in something. Not a whole bunch of subjective wishful thinking.

Its actually scary to see so many people not being able to separate fantasy from reality.
>>
>>68144896
>Ang became a leader, chose to follow his own path, became self dependent, followed his heart, learned to take things seriously, and understand his importance to the world. He also mastered the 4 elements.

he developed a shit ton for only what? 2-3 years?

Korra developed just as much in the same amount of time.
>>
>>68145093
Kuvira vs Ozai 1v1 would be interesting though.

I mean, what if Ozai would bend fire so hot it'd melt Kuvira's metal? Then she has just earth, and she isn't that great of an earthbender really..
Or, at least, Ozai is a way better firebender than Kuvira is an earthbender.
>>
>>68145093
>Kuvira doing anything against any big villain in ATLA
Cmon you know that's bullshit, Kuvira and Zaheer would be toast against Ozai.
Kuvira uses a perfect boxing style bending. Ozai's AoE attacks and lighting would kill her too fast
>>
>>68145093
truth
>>
>>68145093
Zaheer is the only one of those three who could pull it off.

Amon could fuck with him but we're talking about a dude who was razing a continent by hmiself.

Kuvira wouldn't last a minute.
>>
>>68145139
Kuvira would die at the 2-3 lightning shot.
I would prefer to see Azula vs Kuvira because Azula is more versatile at acrobatics
>>
>>68145153
Amon would destroy Ozai, he'd just blood bend him, take away his bending then throw him off a cliff or some shit
>>
>>68145093
Normal Zaheer and Kuvira would die in one minute.
Flying Zaheer would last a bit longer but eventually lose against large firebending moves or get pierced by lightning.

Amon is on a different scale you need Avatar mode to beat him
>>
>>68145177
Exactly any bloodbender wins in an instant any 1v1 battle unless is against the Avatar. Or atleast any bloodbender with Amon's experience.
>>
>>68145139
Not really, Ozai could barely stand up to half trained kids like Zuko and Aang, Literally anyone bar the kids from LOK could prob of handled him.
>>
>>68145215
What are you bullshitting.
How Ozai barely stand up against Zuko?
>>
>>68145215
>half-trained

You serious, bro?

You trolling
>>
Man Waterbender protagonists in Avatar are so terrible during fights. Korra barely used waterbending and I preferred those 2 minutes of Pakku fighting than watching katara do anything.
>>
Bryke played Nick.
They made Korrasami look like a friendship at first than add the ending in the last seconds.
FUCK BRYKE.

Powerlevel wise, Aang is better, he got all the past avatar, live for 70 years and all. But he is a duller character even as an adult. Likeable or not, Korra feel more real.
Korra acomplished more, asspulls included. Without her, equalists still run around, humans will be extinced, avatar lines will be ended by zaheer (if she didnt chase zaheer around mako and bolin would never win ghazan, ming hua and zaheer all at once ), many death airbenders (thinking zaheer wont kill some to get to her is delusional) and Kuvira got the RC.
And her biggest fuckup: let the spirit in without rent. Seriously, fuck spirit and spiritual bullshit.
>>
>>68145215
>could of
>firelord can barely handle kids

obvious retard troll is obvious retard 0/10
>>
>>68145223
Well he tried firing lightning at him, Zuko threw it back at his feet, Ozai couldn't redirect lightning and would have been fried if Zuko hadn't stayed his hand.
>>
Aang was a pacifist who couldn't do a decisive action, he believed in talking out of your problem, which did not work because the entire planet was under war. He couldn't even get himself to murder the final boss, they had to come up with a plot twist so he doesn't have to.

Korra wanted to prove herself as a kickass avatar, but she didn't have a chance to because the world was at peace and didn't need her. She was too restless to be properly spiritual, which was half her job, and so she was completely shit at it.

To be perfectly honest, both of them were godawful at their job throughout the entire show; they only became semi-decent right by the final moments. But both shows were about their growth as characters, so this is perfectly normal.

Neither show was better or worse than the other, and neither avatars did a better or worse job than the other (though you could say that Korra was objectively worse due to destroying 10000 years worth of previous lives' memories, but she also defeated her own polar opposite which was about to take over the world, so it balances out).
>>
>>68145215
>zuko
>Aang
>half trained
They both had more training than Korra
>>
>>68145237
Pakku was literally surrounded by water and ice though.

A lof if not most of the fights (in LoK at least) aren't even near water.
>>
>>68144946
>Janet Varney ships Korrasami in show but Borra for herself irl
>Dated Chris Hardwick for a couple years
That explains a lot
>>
>>68145265
You are really thinking he couldn't dodge it? Or throw more lighting to counter it?
>>
>>68145243
>add the ending in the last seconds
Would that really changed anything? So far we know they added the handholding the last minute, but Korra and Asami still went on a vacation to the Spirit world, alone. It seems like a shitstorm either way for me.
>>
>>68145215
>Ozai cant handle Zuko
gr8 b8 m8, 8/8 no h8
He knows Zuko got lightning redirection after day of the black son.
Solution: fire balls, a shitton of it.
>>
>>68145215
though i agree with you slightly, you are a retard
>>
>>68145266
The Avatar shouldn't really murder anyone when they have an alternative though. And there's always the alternative of at least trapping the guy in earth/ice/metal
>>
>>68145266
Aang is a goddamn monk, they dont murder people. Talking things out suits a Buddhist monk more than murdering.
>>
>>68145243
Having all past avatar lives doesn't really mean much if you can't/don't get in contact with them though, right?
>>
>>68145130
>Creator giving approval to things
>Not confirmation

>>68145100
I need to have that. Not for confirmation, just for delicious Bryan Korrasami porn. The dude has some great art

>>68145131
Just one year, I think
>>
>>68145272
kek
>aang
lets say airbenders start their training at the age of 4
>8 years of airbending training
>1 year of avatar training

korra
discovered she was the avatar at the age of 4 and could already bend 3 elements
>13 years of full on avatar training with the white lotus

please shut the door on your way out
>>
>>68145272
Korra spent 16 years training in a compound with the foremost experts in three of the marshal arts and was a recognized master of the arts, Aang was a ten year old who had only just master one element before all his teachers were killed and Zuko was a slow learner who no one bother to teach and then there was the fact he was exiled before his training was complete.

>>68145282
No, because he just stood their like a plumb with a shocked look on his face totally unprepared, he didn't even try to evade or counter.
>>
>>68145332
>I need to have that. Not for confirmation, just for delicious Bryan Korrasami porn. The dude has some great art

Ohh yes, that shit would be awesome.
And, if they're really never gonna do any Avatar series ever again, they could potentially draw some naughty stuff, right? I mean it's not like it would harm future shows or anything.
>>
>>68145266
>neither show is better or worse
thematicwise lok is more interesting. But atla achieved what it set out to do in a more compelling way except aang's bullshit copout. So atla is better
>>
>>68145339
This just proves Aang could do more with less than Korra, who was spoiled by opportunity.
>>
>>68145357
>marshal arts
martial arts*
>>
>>68145330
Everytime an avatar enter the avatar state, they got all the bending experience of past avatars.
Whethere they choose to talk with them or not is their preference.
>>
>>68145339
>Ang
mastered all 4 elements and the avatar state within a year, and defeated hardboiled elemental masters of all types.

Korra
>Years of training, and could barely handle dumbed down bending.

A little training and a lot Experience will always trump just training.
>>
>tfw ATLA's avatar state was all the knowledge of the Past Avatar's combined
>TLOK "HURRRR U GOT A TAPEWORM IN U"
>>
>>68145332
>Creator giving approval to things
>Not confirmation
Its not conformation in the slightest.
Hes happy with the fandom, an likes that people are so passionate about korrasami that the ending was intentionally vague to appease them.
That is far from saying korrasami is real.
And I wont think korrasami is more than wishful thinking until the creators states otherwise.
>>
>>68145357
Quality over quantity.
Korra had more training yes, but she never learned bending as good as Aang did.
Toph and Bumi just the greatest earthbenders ever.
That Katara's Grandpa guy at North Pole,
Dragons
Aang's teachers werebetter teachers than Korra's White Lotus teachers.
>>
>>68145374
Well, pit 12 year old Aang against hax bloodbenders, satans, exbendables and giant mech and he would fuck up too.
>>
>>68145293
>>68145292
>>68145257
>>68145229

All these people can't tell beating up kids is easier than beating up adults.

They are also now aware that all bar two of LOK villains were ten to twenty years younger than Ozai and were still more skilled and powerful than him as well as not needing a supercharging space object to win.
>>
File: 1415110273801.gif (984KB, 400x170px) Image search: [Google]
1415110273801.gif
984KB, 400x170px
>We'll never get a 3rd Avatar series
>Nick will never sell the rights to the series to someone who won't shaft the series with shitty timeslots and no advertising
>Never ever
Does anyone else feel just a bit sad that it's all over? Despite both series' faults I'm going to miss the Avatar-verse.
>>
>>68145402
Yeaaah >>68144778 is not confirmation at all
>>
Is Korrasami finally canon? Fuck you Nick
>>
>>68145339
>Aang masters 3 elements from total novice in one year
>Korra takes 12 years to master 3 elements, and longer to master airbending
>>
File: sasdadasd.png (2MB, 1922x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sasdadasd.png
2MB, 1922x1080px
>>68145369
ehhhhhhh, I kinda agree.
LoK definitely has AtLA on fights and art style.
Korra also got progressively better and better whereas I felt that AtLA was pretty much consistent in story quality all the way through, even with it's more episodic nature.
Season 3>4>2>>>1
The show gets better as it goes along, but I just found Korra to be extremely boring at times.
>>
>>68145402
>intentionally vague to appease them.

It wasn't vague. It was to appease people who were looking for lesbianism, but it wasn't vague.

It was ambiguous because Nick probably didn't want to show it and take responsibility for that.
>>
>>68145374
yeah but were not talking about what couldve happened were saying what did happen and korra did have more training and hence is better
>>
>>68145415
>and he would fuck up too.

Not end of book 3 Aang >>68144217
>>
>>68145415
>>68145415
Hax bloodbender, countered with Avatar state
Satan, same meditating deus ex as Korra.
Exbendable's, only P'li would be a threat against book 3 Aang but Aang knows how to deal with combustion benders.
Freeze it and put down some giant rocks to its head and joints like Aang did it to that drill.
Aang might be a child but he was a damn good strategist time to time
>>
>>68142832
>nostalgia clouds judgement

Nope.

I thought Korra had better animation, but its shit in the writing department.
>>
>>68145399
>obvious retard is obvious
>cant even spell aang
>thinks LOK bending is dumbed down and not just refined
>"defeated hardboiled elemental masters of all types" what? like when? i'll give you Ozai but no others
>>
>>68145468
actually, she isn't.
Aang was better for doing more with less. Korra was shit by herself in any avenue but fighting.

Being an Avatar is about clever solutions, not just fighting. Korra had the political savy of a street thug.
>>
>>68145423
>Korra beats Amon with just bullshit airbending punch out of desperation.

You sure?

>Korra with deus ex machina Jinora, and Rava beats anti-avatar

Would you call that her victory based on her own skills and merit? 'Cause It's not.

I can acknowledge spirit turtle was bullshit but can you acknowledge that I'm more than positive Ang would of handled that way better.
>>
>>68142880
>Aang
>white

No.
>>
>>68145401
its both you uneducated spack attack
>>
>>68145413
Where do you people get this idea that Aang was some how better than Korra? She was less flashy sure but her opponents were infinitely more dangerous, things that only a appeared as that one really hard guy in ATLAB were whole armies in LOK. What has Aang ever don't that was harder than the things Korra was facing? Its called serial escalation the threat has to keep getting bigger so the protagonist has to get stronger to keep up.
>>
>>68145402
>not seeing obvious korrasami
>being this blind
>being in this much denial
>kek
>>
unpopular opinion:
I never liked Aang's personality
>>
>>68144282
>And then you have the Native Americans who showed up in the oasis town

No those were Avatar!Arabs.
>>
>>68145468
>More is better
>He fucking thinks more is better
Anon you just broke the retard barrier
You retarded your way into a retardhole with 300.000 retard per second.
That was so retarded it broke it's way through the multiverse with dimensional retard rips
>>
>>68145426
i feel you anon, it's gonna be tough
>>
>>68145447
Korra was autistic like /co/
>>
>>68145447
he didnt master them you uncultured faggot, toph, zuko and katara all said he needed work on his earth/water/fire bending in the finale, he had learnt it, not mastered it
>>
File: Untitledsssss.png (2MB, 1922x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitledsssss.png
2MB, 1922x1080px
>>68145543
I think you're kinda not supposed to like his personality.

He always lets his ideals get in the way of what needs to be done. Even when his past Air Bender self what to do, she tells him to murder Ozai
>>
>>68145515
How? what could of ten year old Aang done?
>>
File: 1319280299269.gif (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1319280299269.gif
1MB, 640x360px
>>68145426
I do. What makes it difficult is that i'm of the crowd that despises the ending. So i'm having to say goodbye to something i'm very bitter about.

It's a strange thing to do, and i'm struggling with doing it.
>>
>>68144449
Korra has always been really really popular here. She recently polled as /co/'s second favourite Avatar girl after Toph, and this was before the lesbianing. It's just a vocal minority who hates her.
>>
>>68142880
go back to /pol/
>>
>>68145506
>implying aang wouldnt have died after 3 episodes without the gaang
>>
File: index.jpg (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
4KB, 225x225px
>>68142758
>>
>>68144449
I started to like her after the Avatar Wan episodes. I think it was writers going, "Shit we fucked up on her character and she's a complete angsty asshole mid-way through Book 2. Let's get her eaten by a spirit and make her see the light after seeing how awesome Wan was."
>>
>>68145588
Without the Gaang he would still be trapped in the ice, for ever...
>>
>>68145550
practice makes perfect therefore more practice = better.

actually no i am a reatrd
>>
>>68145426
>never get a third series
>never see more of the avatar-verse in animation
>series ended with TLOK, which was poorly written and hamfisted at best

It died with a whimper.
>>
File: 1419049044352.jpg (73KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1419049044352.jpg
73KB, 500x500px
>>68145569
This is true. They all said he needed more training and none of them called him a "master" at anything other than airbending.

I'm not saying Aang loses to Korra. His Avatar-State control is clearly more advanced than Korra's.

Bringing up the defeat of Satan doesn't really count towards Korra as any Avatar should've been able to do that.
>>
>>68145569
Not that anon but while he didn't fully master them, at least not to the same level as Toph, Zuko and Katara, he still had better feats and displays in them than Korra did, and used them more creatively
>>
>>68145490
The mech is totally different from the drill.
The drill's defense is shit. Aang soloing mech would get smashed or shot in seconds. He need a shit ton of time to place that rock in place and hammer it.
>Aang know how to deal with combustion bender?
He can only run away from one. And this combustion lady never work alone.
>Satan
So exactly like Korra? Not to mention her defeat was by vaatu tentacle that make no sense. Why cant raava do the same?
>Hax bloodbend
So now you understand how much they gimp korra?
>>
>>68145578
What didn't you like about it? Out of curiosity.
>>
I'm not one to blindly defend Korra as a series, but Korra is indeed a better Avatar and a more compelling character than Aang, who was almost forced to fully and completely accept his role as the avatar but got out of it with help from the lion turtle. Behind Zuko, Korra had the best and most natural development in either series, and by the end, I actually liked her a lot.
>>
>>68145591
OP here, sick of replying to people claiming bait, cause its really really not bait in the slightest
>>
>>68145608
The problem is people stopped watching after half way through season 2 where the writes still hadn't been able to start her character development (thanks Nick) into a more likeable and rounded character, but it doesn't stop them from copying and pasting "korra sucks" everywhere.
>>
>>68145530
Korra had worse bending than Aang
She is weaker than Aang.
Her spiritual abilities aren't even close to Aang's.
Aang fought in a worldwide war the front line.
He faced the fact his entire nation was killed and he was the last of them.
He traveled the world to find bending teachers.
Faced worse psychological problems than Korra and handled them better.

You forgot Aang was a shaolin monk and Korra is a city girl. There is a diciplinary and psychological difference between them.

Korra had 2 more dangerous oppoents than Aang i agree. Amon was a real problem but Aang could have taken him down just because of Avatar State.
Unavaatu, that is just bullshit on whichever scale you look for me so i prefer to pass.
I think Aang would win against Red Lotus because he has more experience than Korra and better bending. Since we saw Tenzin could handle 3 of them.
And Kuvira, well she is just weak compared to ATLA level bending
>>
>>68145621
i guess we'll have to agree to disagree
>>
did Su adopt Kuvira?
>>
>>68145618
>My opinion is 100% fact
kek
>>
>>68145630
>replying to bait claims
>imply bait claims arent bait themselves
how long have you been here?
>>
>>68145639
holy mother of lel
>>
File: THEREWASAFIREFIGHT.png (1MB, 1904x1080px) Image search: [Google]
THEREWASAFIREFIGHT.png
1MB, 1904x1080px
>>68145630
I think both series are very enjoyable and both series have their problems. The problems with Korra are much more apparent because of the length of the series and the non-episodic nature of it. I also don't see how any can talk shit about book 3 of Korra.

I don't see why we have to argue about what was one better, it's just fucking opinions.
>>
>>68145215
Close, but not quite. No single person apart from possibly Toph or Iroh could have handled Ozai. But together? The team could have taken him down easily, even with the comet.
>>
>>68145656
i knew as soon as i posted it would get "bait" "shit bait" "low quality bait", i honestly wanted to know how anyone can even begin to claim aang > korra
>>
>>68145623
>>68145623
Yeaah i agree on the mech part actually. It would be impossible to solo it without full Avatar State.
He knows what a combustion bender is capable of so in a real fight Aang should be able to keep out of her sight or disable her first.
And i understand the hax bloodbending part now yeah.
Korra now would also wipe the floor with Amon since she has Avatar state. Disregard my opinion on Amon
>>
>>68145093
>That does not mean Korra is a better character, but she IS a better Avatar.

She's a better character too.
>>
>>68142758
Aang:
>Was 12 years old when he had the fate of the world dropped on him.
>Never receives proper Avatar training.
>Was mostly self-taught and had to cram everything into a single year.
>Was fighting an uphill battle against an entire Empire of steam-punk sorcerer monks.
Cut the kid some slack.
>>
>>68145639
City girl? She grew up studying all 4 forms of bending on an isolated island and is from a water-tribe.

I don't even want to part of this arguement, but you're actually retarded.
>>
>>68145687
Aang saved the world. Korra first doomed up the world, then saved it.
>>
Also, Aang was simply a better student. He didn't have the ego that Korra had. Her headbutting, "my way is right, why should I listen to you" way of thinking roadblocked her. Aang put his ego aside and just listened.
>>
>>68145131
>confirmed for never watching atla

Or you'd know all three seasons were squeezed into the space of one year.

Go back to /u/ you lesbian.
>>
>>68145679
Aang is the likable marty stu everyone want to be.
And Lok want to do it different than atla, but the execution is sloppy as fuck.
Hope that answered your question.
>>
>>68145717
one could argue aang doomed up the world by running away from his responsibilities.
>>
>>68145672
>No single person apart from possibly Toph
>Toph
>handling Ozai

This has to be bait
>>
>>68145639
You keep insisting that Aang has better bending than Korra but you can't tell me why.
You keep claming Korra is weaker than Aang but you can't tell me why.
At the start, not at the end after, you know her character arc.
Aang has a water spirit fight for him on the front line, then ran away from the front line when he was out maneuvered, then had a one on one fight with their leader who's army oddly decided not to help out.
Korra traveled two worlds to learn from Iroh, Unalaq, Toph and Zahir. Whats your point?
I'd put losing your family and being tortured half to death on even footing in the trauma department.
There background is irrelivant.
Avatar state is not a go faster button, this was explained if you watched the show, Korra spent an episode on this.
Again how has Aang more experienced than Korra? Tenzin lost badly and was wounded to point of not being able to stand.
No Kuvira's fighting was less flashy that ATLA but she was still moveing a fuck off big robot, how was that weak?
>>
>>68145717
Aang doomed the world by running away from being the Avatar. I don't really care about the whole "who's the better avatar hurr hurr" argument, I'm more interested in who's the better character (obviously Korra).
>>
>>68145717
>implying that aang running away didnt allow the world to get fucked uo in the first place
>>
>>68145713
She was spoiled selfish teenage girl at start.
Combine it with everything else she is the perfect city girl
>>
First for master Piandao.
>>
File: 1340050243179.jpg (52KB, 356x356px) Image search: [Google]
1340050243179.jpg
52KB, 356x356px
>>68145671
I like you guy
>>
File: 1330913276773.jpg (28KB, 383x368px) Image search: [Google]
1330913276773.jpg
28KB, 383x368px
>>68145578
I feel as though the Korrasami ending was poorly executed, and was probably done just to appease the very vocal section of the LoK fanbase. I understand why people are happy about it, I get the issue of representation in media and all that, I sincerely do. But that offers me no comfort, because i've realized that I far value good storytelling over simply shoehorning in a bisexual romance in order to have representation in the media. I fell like Bryke made storytelling second to their need to be recognized as progressive, or revolutionary, and i'm not alright with that.

I realize this is a sensitive topic, and i've lurked around for awhile and just watched people rip each other apart. There are mouth breathing idiots on both sides that are instigating these sort of arguments sure, but regardless of where you side on this shipping debate, I feel like everyone should be disappointed in the reaction this finale has created. This was supposed to be a send off to a franchise that we all loved, regardless of the lashings we gave it we kept fucking coming back because the universe was so rich (among other reasons). Bryke had to know this is the reaction that this finale would illicit, Bryke browses tumblr on a regular basis and has always been fairly in touch with their fans (at least over the course of LoK), so it makes me even more bitter that they'd do this. That they'd sacrifice a story for a reaction, and "debate".

I don't want to get into a shipping thing here, because I honestly don't care anymore about that. It's true I really enjoyed Korrasami as sisters and best friends, but that's not why i'm angry. I thought it was for the last few days, but it isn't. I'm disappointed that their relationship (whether you want to argue that it is romantic or not) was used as a tool during the last ten seconds of the finale to bring about conflict (discussion, whatever you want to call it to make it sound better I suppose) within the fandom.

I'm sad.
>>
>>68145625
I don't know why I quoted my own post, but here is the response that you asked for anon:
>>68145838
>>
>>68145838
i was trying to find how to describe how i feel. This, this is it.
>>
>>68145671
this guy gets it
>>
File: rs-solid.0.gif (989KB, 500x185px) Image search: [Google]
rs-solid.0.gif
989KB, 500x185px
>>68145671
Literally this. I'm sad to see the Avatar series go, but it was a great ride while it lasted.
>>
They had no option left. People will hate it anyway after they ran the show to the grounf so they figured they might as well score with their tumblr fans.
>>
File: 1417335724520.png (46KB, 164x220px) Image search: [Google]
1417335724520.png
46KB, 164x220px
>>68145792
Welp, I said I didn't want to be part of this, but I guess I already am.

Selfish? Definitely. It's part of her character and why she always runs in head first into any situation. It's why she has trouble mastering airbending. And it's why she's almost completely opposite from Aang.

Spoiled? Fuck no. She was groomed to be the Avatar and has been waiting 12+ years to use the power that she has been given. She's eager to good and to do what she has been trained to do.

Aang being the Avatar was kept secret from him and when he was told of his responsibilities as Avatar, he ran away from his problems.

I like both of the characters, but fuck you, man.
>>
>>68145838
>I'm disappointed that their relationship (whether you want to argue that it is romantic or not) was used as a tool during the last ten seconds of the finale to bring about conflict (discussion, whatever you want to call it to make it sound better I suppose) within the fandom.
Sasuga Bryke. Seriously, their own writing strength has always been baiting. There's a reason ATLA had a whole stable of writers helping keep things together.
>>
>>68145768
I fucking told you everything, go watch the shows and compare their bending styles. Aang's is clearly better.
>Their personality traits coming from their backgrounds are irrevelant
Pure bullshit. It is a character trait.
Aang nearly got killed, was in a coma for sometime. Worse trauma than 10 seconds of suffocating.
Aang learned from Toph 1000times more than Korra. Learned from some of the best benders in the world
Aang's teachers were countless times.
Kuvira is not a great bender on ATLA scale we aren't talking about the mech.
>Army helping while 2 generals dueling
You aren't into strategy much, i can see this.
Avatar state is a damn powerup and beat the enemy faster button.
>>
>>68145748
Toph would have smashed Ozai in about a femtosecond.
>>
>>68145309
>>68145321
Monk or no, he failed to understand that there is a fucking world war going on, and he is literally the only person alive who had the power to stop it.

His pacifism almost caused more death than one single murder would have. Literally all of his past selves keep telling him any time he asks them. Roku himself admitted that if he had the balls to kill the firelord then and there, he could've prevented the whole war, and Aang should learn from his example.
>>
>>68145926
>Ozai uses fly
>It's super effective
>>
>>68145838

Well said.

I just cant get over the hump that it's over. It just feels empty, the whole tone of the final send off just felt like a mid season finale rather than a season nevermind seris finale. When the credits rolled I was just numb.
>>
>>68145926
>being this deluded
>>
>>68145748
Toph would destroy Ozai so hard he would turn into a Boulder.
All she needs to do is bury Ozai into the ground or drop a mountain on his face. Toph is nigh untouchable
>>
File: 1402488647663s.jpg (9KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
1402488647663s.jpg
9KB, 250x241px
>>68145852
You pretty much summed up the way I feel about it. Can only hope now that somewhere down the road Bryke get a kickstarter to salvage what's left.
>>
>>68145938
See
>>68145571

That's the fucking point, man. You're supposed to get mad at Aang and his flawed ideals.
>>
File: d5c[1].jpg (76KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
d5c[1].jpg
76KB, 625x626px
>>68145956
>>
>>68145426
Avatar ended for me in 2008. I already got over it.
>>
>>68145944
Someone as self centered as Ozai would not bother to fly against Toph. Even if he did try that, before Ozai starts flying, he would be buried into the ground
>>
>>68145944
>Toph uses 'ears' to 'hear' the 'loud sounds' Ozai's fire makes when he uses 'fly'
>Toph reks Ozai
>>
File: 1358434895850.jpg (74KB, 769x563px) Image search: [Google]
1358434895850.jpg
74KB, 769x563px
>>68145985
your shitposting proves this
>>
>>68145990
>implying Ozai cant explode some puny rock
>implying that slut Toph can resist Ozai's sexy voice and VIBRATION.
stay delusional, tophfag
>>
>>68146024
>Being able to firebend while not being able to move and a lot of pressure is applied to your body
>>
>>68146015
>callingout your bait is shitposting
>calling the person man

Cliche and overdone baiting techniques m8
>>
>>68146055
*calling out
*mad

I really need some coffee
>>
>>68146055
I do not like fishing anon, i don't bait.
Toph is the greatest earthbender ever who can sense your every movement unless they are extremely stealthy on air. Only opposed by Bumi.
Ozai is just some really really strong firebender.
>>
File: zhuliqtpi.png (2MB, 1916x1080px) Image search: [Google]
zhuliqtpi.png
2MB, 1916x1080px
>>68145671
>>68145838
For fucks sake, thank you.

I don't entirely agree with what you said and your sentiments on KorrAsami, but that's fine.
I'm just glad there are people here willing to actually make constructive criticism and still respect and enjoy the Avatar universe.

If we're going to argue over something, it should be who is the most qtPi
>>
>>68146107
>Arguing over who is the most qt
There is no argument. Zhu Li is the most qt and we fap to KorrAsami fanart
>>
>>68145838

Finally, I can figure out what my mess of feelings on the finale was.

Part of me thought the end was cute (and kinda hot). But for some reason I was really annoyed at the same time.

This is the reason.
>>
>>68145925
You told me nothing then continued to make baseless statements with no support, your lack of knowledge about both series is blatantly obvious as you are getting basic fact wrong and your ineffectual rageing makes you look more and more like a total idiot every time you post.

I suggest you give up before you shit your pants in frustration that no one else is quite as obsessed with a ten year old fictional bald child as you.
>>
>>68146094
Ozai can fly during Sozin's comet and render Toph completely blind to what he's gonna do.

He can also shoot lightning fast as fuck which Toph has no experience in knowing the moves for to anticipate and react.

And sure he lacks in non sozin's comet feats and mostly has hype from Iroh being unsure he could beat Ozai, but that's still something since everyone is usually on Iroh's dick about how powerful he is

Toph is dead bro
>>
>>68143753
she already did
>>
>>68146202
Hot streams of fire make this thing called 'sound' and Toph has these things called 'ears' that hear 'sound'. (And Toph's hearing should be really, really good.)
>>
>>68146202
Sozin's Comet Flying Ozai would defeat Toph sure.
But don't tell me Toph cannot anticipate lightning, she knows Azula can use lightning, that is enough to know against Ozai.
Also you forgot Toph knows every single move your body makes. It is too hard for a non flying bender to hit Toph
>>
>>68146239
That's not gonna amount to shit against Sozin's level fire anon, she will have no idea how big the flames coming are and will still be unable to defend herself forever, especially against lightning
>>
>>68145968
tfw reddit is already trying to get amazon to buy the rights
>>
>>68146202
You also give Ozai a boost wearing no metal at all.
If he wears something metal the fight would end Toph playing with him like a ping pong ball
>>
>>68146260
You do realize earth is the best thing against lightning? She would make that thick earth armor and bam, insulated toph
>>
>>68146246
>But don't tell me Toph cannot anticipate lightning, she knows Azula can use lightning

I forget, has Toph ever been around Azula when Azula used lightning, cause otherwise Toph still has no idea which movements are regular firebending and which are lightning, especially if Ozai just spins his arms and out come big bolts of lightning. He could probably do it repeatedly too so Toph's defenses won't work
>>
File: 1332466709730.png (3KB, 184x172px) Image search: [Google]
1332466709730.png
3KB, 184x172px
>>68146262
Someone linked me to that Avatar subreddit in a thread yesterday, that place is awful. You think that tumblr is the worst place to go if you can't stand shippers, but at least on tumblr I can follow different blogs with conflicting opinions to get both sides of the issue. That subreddit is just full of circlejerking, I can't do that shit.
>>
>>68146293
Faraday cage and other shit like insulation doesn't work in Avatar world against lightning anon.

Korra in metal box proves it

Toph gets fried
>>
Just think, /co/.

If the howling, braying, psychosexual barn animals of tumblr and deviantart cry and pray and produce enough fan art, if they're as avid and obsessive about something just enough that it gives the creators of something the impression more than a minority of the viewers are into it, it could become real.

Today it's bryke giving Nickelodeon the finger by including a 10 second gay ship after four whole seasons where Korra's sexuality and orientation was not explored, even a bit, and it ends with a finale that all but sticks its tongue out at all shippers but the gay ones.

Tomorrow, some stupid bint will probably convince them to include mpreg.
The zealots will feel their entire world view validated, dissension by people as just haters and sexists and homophobes, and bryke will laugh their way to the bank, knowing the controversy and the zealots will keep them important forever.
>>
>>68146271
Since when does Ozai wear metal? in the finale for example he dropped his fancy cloak and just had pants on, metalbending's not gonna affect anything on him
>>
>>68146307
have you seen them all trying to get amazon to buy avatar by harassing the CEO, i called them out just saying how its gonna do more harm than good keep harassing him and if they want to do something good form a petition them email it to him and they were like "but muh ideas, shut up"

i cant deal with them at all
>>
>>68146313
I hate the ending, I really do. I really hate the ending. But you're an idiot /pol/
>>
>>68146311
You mean Korra holding herself above the floor of the cage when the equalists electrocuted it?
Maybe, just maybe, Korra and the equalists don't fucking know about Faraday cages.
>>
>>68146296
Even if she has no idea about lightning bending, don't tell me someone on Toph's level would stand and do nothing after hearing the sound of lightning.
You are also forgeting Toph knows enemies's BODY MOVEMENTS
Do you really think she would go "i will just stand here while he is bending something weird at me"
>>
>>68146311
Tell me when did a faraday cage not work in Avatar?
Maybe they had no idea about what faraday cage is?
>>
>>68146367
If lightning or electricity or insulation worked in the Avatar world like it does in the real world, that electricity would've only flowed on the surface of the metal box and just gone harmlessly into the ground, it didn't. Also didn't for mechas for example.

Lightning don't care what insulation you have in Avatar world, Toph gets fried

>>68146368
>Toph's level would stand and do nothing after hearing the sound of lightning.

Lightning is faster than sound by the way

>Do you really think she would go "i will just stand here while he is bending something weird at me"

She puts up a wall she puts up whatever she wants, lightning will blow it up anyway and she'll get hit by the blast, Ozai repeats immediately and before she gets up, she gets fried
>>
>>68146454
>Toph gets fried

This is invalidated if she reks Ozai in a femtosecond like I said she would. And she would. Hell, she would have just smashed him between two boulders before he was able to jump off of his airship.
>>
>>68145426
>We'll never have sci-fi earth bender bending the entire planet to avoid a cluster of meteorites.
>>
>>68146380
>>68146380
A faraday cage is pretty much an enclosed box usually or whatever made of conductive material (like metal for example), and since electricity travels on the surface of metal because it is the easiest path, by grounding the enclosed box on the ground, the electricity is attracted more to the ground cause "reasons" I forget and harmlessly passes into it, and anything inside of the enclosed thing is safe.

It's more complicated than that or it's not, I kinda forget, but that's the rough gist of it

The metal box Korra was in in that episode the equalists fried her, would count as one

>>68146562
>if she reks Ozai in a femtosecond

Tell me one time Toph has done this to a anything but mooks or against main or secondary antagonists
>>
>>68146454
>Lightning is faster than sound
Duh
>Thinking Ozai is faster than Toph
>Thinking Ozai's movements are faster than Toph's sense

Do you really think Ozai's lightning will blow up AND pierce through the wall enough to hurt Toph AND make a blast WHILE Toph is doing nothing else.
The moment Ozai starts bending Toph would send him flying.
Even if Ozai's lightning managed to blow up the wall Toph can kill Ozai using the blown up wall.
You are overestimating Ozai
>>
>>68146616
Not that anon but Toph isn't an idiot. Sure she doesn't care when figthing second hand opponents. But even against Boulders crew. She didn't waste a single step. She wouldn't be careless enough to let Ozai hit her
>>
I swear, people in 4chan cant into social relantionships.
Many times I've seen two girls holding hands and they werent lesbians.
>>
>>68146669
>Do you really think Ozai's lightning will blow up AND pierce through the wall enough to hurt Toph AND make a blast WHILE Toph is doing nothing else

Lightning will hit the wall and explode it, Toph by courtesy of being near and most likely behind the wall, gets hit by the ensuing explosion anon. She gets fucked up whether it hits her directly or not

>You are overestimating Ozai

and you're severely overestimating Toph. You keep trying to use her feats against mooks to show that she could beat a master, it's not gonna work.

If it worked like you said Toph would beat literally everybody in seconds, then she would've beat every single person in a second if you think that she can just crush somebody before they can ever react or do anything. If she could why didn't she do it to Combustion Man or those Dai Li guys, they can't do anything in a femtosecond which you claim toph can beat Ozai in
>>
>>68146765
does it hurt to be that retarded?
>>
>>68146717
>She wouldn't be careless enough to let Ozai hit her

It's not just about hitting her, anything she puts up in the second the lightning goes flying will explode and that explosion will affect and hit her too. That's opens her up for another quick bolt of lightning that she won't have time to defend against. Ozai can pull it off in a second anon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=aRoboCNxzLA#t=237
>>
File: 1418996909001.jpg (47KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1418996909001.jpg
47KB, 480x360px
>>68145864
>>68145922
>>68145947
>>68145968
>>68146107
>>68146177
I find some small comfort in knowing that people feel the same way as I do. Selfish though as that may be, I would not wish this disappointment on anyone, but it does comfort me to know i'm not alone this bitterness.

I haven't been sleeping or eating very well since Thursday night. I live alone, and i've been leaving my TV on just to avoid the silence of the hallways in my apartment. I don't enjoy this hollow pit in my chest, it's a harrowing feeling. My music is comforting though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGXFAmUZ8Mk

I'm going to go try and crash out for a bit, cheers /co/. Thanks for the classy thread, and the time you've given me to bitch and moan at you. I'm glad it's resonated with some of you in some small way.
>>
>>68146864
>It took total of 2 seconds
I admit it is fast but you forgot Toph can react in less than a second.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukr5c07gaUI
And this is a weaker Toph
Thread posts: 519
Thread images: 54

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.