[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>With Endgame, Scott Snyder intends to write "the last

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 5

File: BM_Cv35.jpg (177KB, 578x889px) Image search: [Google]
BM_Cv35.jpg
177KB, 578x889px
>With Endgame, Scott Snyder intends to write "the last Joker story."
>The Joker's changed, and he's no longer interested in his "game" with Batman. He no longer defines his identity as a complement to Batman's, and is now out to end him. One of them must die.
>This isn't another fake-out. This isn't falling off a cliff or being caught in a burning building, only for no body to be found. The Joker dies for real this time, and Batman must deal with the consequences.
>>
>>67168047
Fuck that. Death of the Family had a great time for Joker to die. Batman killing the joker on that waterfall would have been awesome.
>>
>>67168047
snyder pls stop
>>
THE JOKER DIES FOR REAL!
AND THEN BATMAN WAKES UP!
>>
Nah, Joker will be around for 75 and 100
>>
>>67168082
Snyder realised that everyone knew he could write great stories, but nearly always did shitty endings, so he tried to write a story where both are the same quality.

Too bad he went to the wrong side.
>>
>>67168047
>must deal with the consequences.
like how by being happy the lunatic is dead? because that's the only legitimate feeling everyone should have
>>
Well there's no possible way this is going to be a good story.
>>
or ya know we could be different and have joker win, bats dies and a new bats takes his place.

what....dont give me those looks, i'm not crazy.
>>
Joker is gonna try to suicide by cop and Bats will save him
>>
>>67168113
Jason Todd might be incredibly pissed that Batman took so long and didn't listen to him during Under the Red Hood. Ie, all of Batman's moral posturing was bullshit.
>>
>>67168125
Into the madhouse with you, nutter.
>>
>Snyder
>more Joker
not even once
>>
File: ramen.png (142KB, 288x299px) Image search: [Google]
ramen.png
142KB, 288x299px
>>67168047
>People still haven't realized this story is a dream
>>
File: batman steps into mt moon.jpg (98KB, 632x960px) Image search: [Google]
batman steps into mt moon.jpg
98KB, 632x960px
>>67168125
>tfw we will never see Dickbats again
>tfw all the set up for Damian as Batman will never have any payoff
>tfw Bruce will always be Batman
>>
>>67168176
you've learned an important lesson many anons are not willing to learn

Legacy characters are meaningless
>>
>>67168176

>Damian Wayne was on Apokolips with Darkseid
>He made a deal with Darkseid for superpowers and life
>Darkseid = The Devil

Just wait
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 450x214px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 450x214px
>>67168176
>TFW I stopped paying comics ages ago
>TFW the world burns, and I get to watch for free
>>
File: 1411808948051.gif (2MB, 320x245px) Image search: [Google]
1411808948051.gif
2MB, 320x245px
>>67168047
>The Joker dies for real this time
>nothing will ever be the same again
>>
>>67168047

It would be great if they did actually kill him and then he's not in any comic for like 5 or 10 years until everyone's sort of forgotten about him AND THEN bring him back.

>"The Joker? Didn't he used to be Batman's main bad guy?"

That could be cool.
>>
Man, at least when Damian Wayne died they didn't even pretend it was going to be forever. And he was a character who could conceivably stay dead for a long time before the inevitable return. How long is this one going to last?
>>
>>67168244

Damian took off in the DCU unexpectedly. How often has the Joker been around in the books?

Also he's just doing the classic Joker story move of ambiguous death.
>>
>>67168132
or he could say well FINALLY
and get over it
>>
>/co/ constantly bitches about why doesn't Batman just doesn't kill the Joker
>Snyder says he will kill Joker this time. No fake-out.
>FUCKING SNYDER WHAT A HACK!!

Why am I not surprised? Nobody is thinking this will last forever. Just for the time being.
>>
>>67168207
That would be the coolest.
>>
There was a story about the Joker trying to find out and kill the guy that killed his wife and then Hush kicks him out of Gotham and then that story never went anywhere, I would've liked for that to be the Joker's last story, him just finding out who killed his wife and having vengeance.
>>
Inb4 Jason kills Joker and Batman fails to stop him, thinking that he failed Jason once more
>>
>>67168047
>the "last" Joker story

Top fucking lel. Is the best thing Snyder can come up with "now Joker actually WANTS to kill Batman"?

Can he not conclude a story without killing Joker?
>>
>>67168207

>not in any comic for like five to ten years

They already did that
>>
>>67168288
Snyder's a hack because you can smell the shock-value on this a mile away. Even if Snyder does go through with it the next writer put on Batman will just resurrect Joker in their shitty first run, as per usual.
>>
>This isn't another fake-out. This isn't falling off a cliff or being caught in a burning building, only for no body to be found. The Joker dies for real this time, and Batman must deal with the consequences.

And you guys make fun of Alan Moore for hating modern comics.
>>
>>67168357
You mean the same Alan Moore who wrote that exact story?
>>
>>67168357

Because Alan Moore doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about.
>>
ok hows this, joker dies, and somehow in his death the jokerz gang in batman beyond is created born, and now bats instead of having just one joker to deal with now has muliptal jokers each one as mind fucked as the orginal.
>>
>>67168047
>the last Joker story
Motherfucker, A. we both know that's an abject fucking lie
and B. you said the same fucking thing during Death of the Family.
>>
So how long until another writer/editor gets to write the last Joker story?
>>
>>67168466
How much longer does Snyder have left on his exclusive contract?
>>
>there are people on /co/ that actually defend Snyder
>>
So....storytime? I want to see how Superman reacts to getting punched with suns.
>>
>>67168113
Batman must now organize the 1st annual Joker's Dead Parade and College Football Bowl Game
>>
>>67168328

And? It's not like Snyder's going "No, srsly guyz, this will be permanent!"
>>
>>67168531
>the last Joker story
that implies some amount of permanence
>>
>>67168508
Batman punches Superjoker across the street with his red sun knuckles which gives Superjoker time to get up and use his heat vision. Batman shields himself from it using his armor's plasma shields that deflect heat vision. Batman prepared the armor for everything Superman could throw at him.... except he forgot he's dealing with Superjoker, who crosses lines Superman doesn't usually cross. Superjoker heatrays all the nearby building to topple on top of Batman, then heatrays the red sun knuckles, flies Batman up in the air, and rips the armor off. Batman uses his last weapon, where he spits polymer laced with synthetic Kryptonite (he kept it inside his helmet in case his armor was destroyed by Superman) in Superjoker's face.
>>
>>67168047
>He no longer defines his identity as a complement to Batman's

He never should've in the first place.
Man, when was the last time that a Joker comicbook had him do something that's not just: kill a bunch of people to piss off Batman?
Like a fucking jewel heist or something? Was it in the 80s?
I don't care if Batman doesn't kill this retard, but they really are pushing it by making every fucking story about the body count. Snyder is the worst offender. His Joker is nothing but a gatling gun made out of flesh with no purpose but to deliver endless soliloquies about the nature of his relationship with Batman in the must blunt meta way possible. If Snyder wants to talk about that he should write an essay, not have the characters be his spokepersons and then quote himself in fucking interviews.
>>
>>67168047
>THIS TIME IT'S FOR KEEPS

It's hilarious that Snyder thinks he's the first to come up this.
>>
>>67168555

You mean the same way as Death of the Family meant someone was going to literally die? It's just figurative and sounds better than "we're killing Joker in this to make a big storyline to sell a ton of books for plebs who think it's real and then put him on a brief hiatus for the time being".
>>
So does Scott Snyder just want to be Alan Moore or
>>
"Batman fights mind-controlled Superman and beats him" seems to be a pretty popular trope too.

I hate to give Jeph Loeb credit for anything but the solution of breaking Supes out of it by putting Lois Lane in peril was a pretty good cheesy way out of this particular trope though.

As for Joker, yeah, it's hard to remember now that he had a life that didn't involve proving shit to Batman. I mean he actually gave up crime and lived it up for a while when he thought he'd gotten rich!
>>
Snyder's a hack.
>>
>>67168113
nope, apparently it's going to release a zombie-like virus, only that it turns people into jokers
>>
>>67168654

>I hate to give Jeph Loeb credit for anything

And he actually fucking remembered they were friends
>>
>>67168683
>Snyder sets up Batman #666
well I don't know how I would feel about that
>>
>>67168150

I actually dont know how it could be anymore obvious than being outright stated at this point. I mean it pretty much was
>>
>>67168047
Is there a source for this quotes or are you just flinging bait knowing /co/ will bait into pure shit no matter what?

Snyder was being super secretive in his own retarded manner for months, but now he gives an interview saying the Joker will die.
>>
And convergance will just pull a Joker from some other faggot dimension.

So I hope Bats does kill the Joker just to have a touching scene where these lovers are reunited
>>
>>67168079
This. This this this this this.
Goddamn that would've made the entire story actually worth while.
The whole thing already read like a swan song for Joker.

The only thing that really makes me dislike Snyder is when I see his interviews. He hypes everything up, says shit like "last joker story" and then it falls on it's ass in the last act.

Zero Year's ending was alright though, so maybe he's figured out how to end stories now?
>>
>>67168124
Getting to see Capullo draw the Justice League is pretty cool. The story itself will probably be garbage
>>
>The Joker dies

$5 that only the Joker identity dies by gettin a cure (no more white skin, green hair and grin) and resolving his mental-issues
>>
>>67168799
I agree, Capullo's art is by far the best part about this run on Batman. Zero Year's writing wasn't amazing, but it was still immensely enjoyable because of the art.
>>
I thought Snyder's Joker story wasn't until close to issue 50?
>>
I'd be down for it if it was true, to finally see some closure. But even if Snyder is sincere, somewhere down the line not far off DC will decide to bring him back and enter status quo
>>
>>67168864
He never said that, he's said he's on until at least that issue.
>>
I hate to say it but the DCAU Batman and Arkham Asylum universe had better closure as far as the Joker's death is concerned.
>>
>>67168789
To be honest, I felt like the whole Death of the Family was essentially Joker's midlife crisis. He realized that Batman had grown beyond him with Batman Incorporated and all hus apprentices, and sought to drag Batman back to the good old days. While at the same time, pushing himself farther and edgier than ever before to once more catch Batman's eye.

That's it, that should have been his swan song, beaten to death by a crowbar at the scene of a waterfall. But instead we've got this.
>>
>>67169024
>Arkham Asylum universe had better closure as far as the Joker's death is concerned.

Fucking really?
>>
>>67169080
>That's it, that should have been his swan song, beaten to death by a crowbar at the scene of a waterfall. But instead we've got this.

How is this worse? It's in chapter three.
>>
>>67169081
Well, they did kill him in City, and so far it's been for good.
>>
>>67169081
The Joker's death in Arkham City was fucking beautiful.
>>
>>67168281
What I'd like to happen is him just doing a flyby with Roy and Kori. Subdue the joker. Tie him up. Take him to an abandoned warehouse. Have Roy and Kori run interference. Then jason gets to work on his golf swing.
>>
>>67169081

Joker dies from his own folly. He stabs Batman as a last ditch effort to get the cure for himself (in case Batman wouldn't give it to him), only for Batman to accidentally drop the cure and wrecking his only chance. The punchline being that had he left him alone, he would have still lived.
>>
>>67169109
Now that's funny.
>>
Someone wants that sweet dosh Death of Wolverine is generating. Didn't they kill Joker somewhere in the 90's though? Last Laugh or something like that.
>>
>>67168789
>Zero Year's ending was alright though
>hoho! the doomsday device was linked to my heartbeat

Nope.
>>
>>67169145

No. He was never dying. He just thought he was, so he turned all supervillains into jokers, it was fucking terrible crossover event. Imagine every single solo book fighting a supervillain in joker make up trying to do something vaguely joker like/funny crime.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.