[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's pretend Disney miraculously acquired X-Men, F4, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

Let's pretend Disney miraculously acquired X-Men, F4, and Spider-Man. How would /co/ mix them into the MCU without reboots? Perhaps some sort of devices Richards and Stark create merge them.
>>
>>64931453
Do you mean without rebooting the mcu only or do you mean including the same cast and continuity of current spiderman and xmen films?
>>
They'll have to reboot Spider-Man, F4 and X-Men to get them in.

They're going to get the Spider-Man rights back after the next film, if not sooner. Each successive sequel makes less money, and audiences are responding increasingly negatively to their movies. Sony and Marvel are on really good terms, and Sony needs all the money they can get. They'll likely sell the rights back after the next movie (comparatively speaking) tanks.

The current F4 movie may not even happen. They still don't even have a script. How are they filming without a script? Even if it does come out, it'll be a relative flop. If the movie doesn't get made, Marvel gets the rights back. Fox can't just keep throwing money at it to keep the rights.

X-Men... They're not getting those rights back for at least 20 years. They're making another one, and the X-Men have enough related properties for them to make movies for decades. They still want to make standalone movies for Cable, Storm, Magneto and Deadpool. While I don't particularly give a shit about nearly any of those projects, if my tastes mattered, none of the X-Men movies would have been made as they are.

Fools and their money will continue to pour onto those shitty, garbage X-Men films.

Really, all of the properties would be pretty easy to make a part of the MCU.
>>
please remove x-men from the mcu
>>
>>64931495
Including the same cast and continuity of current Spider-Man and X-Men films without an MCU reboot.
>>
>>64931453
Get Spider-Man back no matter the cost. Get F4 on the cheap when the next movie absolutely fucking tanks like everyone knows it will. Leave X-Men with Fox.
>>
>>64931738
Why would you do that?

What possible purpose could it serve other than creating a great big pile of money for lawyers?

Good grief man HAVE YOU NO SHAME?
>>
MCU is honestly better without mutants, and X-Men universe is better without the continuous questions of "Why do they love these heroes why hating these heroes just because they are mutants?" that having non-mutants brings.
>>
>>64931738
You're talking about killing the MCU.
>>
Without rebooting? Modern day X-Men are too old already F4 just needs can appear any time, it's not like they had their powers from the childhood.
Spider-Man? He was recently rebooted, so lets just say he appeared right after Avengers movies, mutated, defeated a few villains and met the rest of MCU cast.
>>
>>64931738
in that case, ff will be easy to introduce since they don're currently have a movie continuity, spiderman would have to take place after the battle of new york otherwise there's no way spidey woulnd't have lent a hand. probably say there are several more street level heroes that the avengers are looking into, spidey among them. the xmen however, literally impossible without some crazy asspull plot about multiple universes because in the mcu it was stated multiple times that people hadnt seen much crazy shit til iron man started flying around so it is impossible to say "oh yeah, theyre in the same universe"
>>
>>64931666
why is deadpool considered as part of the X-Men license? His origin story? Sony getting to him first? How wide is the X-men property?
>>
>>64931814
This. Let them be separate on the silver screen. Spider-Man needs to be in the MCU though. Oh god I want it so bad.

The Fantastic 4 themselves are whatever, but it lets Marvel Studios use Annihilus, Galactus, Surfer, etc.
>>
>>64931666
>that MCUfags delusion butttears
It's funny and sad at the same time. But really, stop embarrasing yourself and give up already.
>>
>>64931738
Reed Richards creates some fucked up device that accidentally merges several universes into one. Spider-Man, mutants and the Fantastic Four are all thrown into the MCU.

Really though, rebooting would be the way to go.
>>
>>64931861
I think he just happened to be part of the deal they sold, but idk, thats just a guess
>>
>>64931933
That would really rise a lot of questions, fucking nerd. Stop thinking with you nerddick and think about that shit would be a good movie.
>>
What's hard about bringing FF into MCU? They are already getting rebooted
>>
>>64931666
>The current F4 movie may not even happen. They still don't even have a script. How are they filming without a script? Even if it does come out, it'll be a relative flop. If the movie doesn't get made, Marvel gets the rights back. Fox can't just keep throwing money at it to keep the rights.
They already wrapped lel
>>
>>64931666
>The current F4 movie may not even happen. They still don't even have a script. How are they filming without a script?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought they had already finished filming for this? Wasnt there a thread on /co/ about it about 2 weeks ago?
>>
>>64931453
Marvel have a plan. And it looks good. Bringing those characters it's basically disgregard everything and start all over again from this point. I don't know about you, but after seeing GOTG, I'm interested in lesser known characters. They have more freedom to do whatever they want without years of cultural bagage.

>>64931666
Dude, in what reality do you live in?
Spiderman won't be back. Spiderman is still a rentable franchise, and it will be for long.
F4 already finished filming.

Sorry if it rustles your jimmies, you can use your tears as lube.
>>
>>64932002
shhhh! Let him dream
>>
It'll be easy for Spider-Man to be integrated into the MCU. Just have him always be there, but SHIELD didn't get enough info to shut down his villain's stuff because Peter, by pure fucking chance, happened to be in the right place to get stop them before.
Fantastic Four, in the middle of a reboot/origin story now can just have the cosmic ray accident happen now.
>>
If they got the rights back I'd treat it like this

Dr. Doom (simply called Doom because Dr. makes it sound silly) is a villain before the F4 film, his Identity however is never mentioned. He's only know as the ruler of Latveria. When the F4 come around they have to work with a man called Victor van Damme who later they find out is Doom.

With the X-Men I'd make very small mentions and mutants enter. Like Wolverine being in a Hulk film or joining th Avengers before the X-Men films are getting started, and/or mentions of a mysterious school for "gifted youngsters." This school was formed quite some time ago by Charles and Erik but once the Sentinels were made Erik leaves Charles because of his different point of view taking away many mutants from the school who see this the same way, starting the Brotherhood.

And Spider-man I'd treat like Tim Burton's Batman where he's already Spider-Man but is looked at as a myth. He's been Spider-man for a year and when a newspaper company in New York called the Daily Bugle (Already established by having every character in New York reads one. Even having blurry picture of "the spider-man") hosting a "Hero or Menace? Who ever can get the best picture of Spider-Man get's reward money" contest which Peter wins, his only competition is a man called Eddy Brock, who snagged a good picture of him. They are both hired to be photographers for the bugle and a friendly rivalry forms between them. Eventually there friendship turns to hatred when Peter accidentally ruins Eddy's life, but that hatred can be for another film. His first film would be fighting his first super powered villain.

These are just how I'd start the series back up, how they continue I have no real care.
>>
>>64932556
>e Dr. makes it sound silly
But he's PhD and Doom is his name. It's not silly. It just used to be symbolic because his name is Doom, he's evil and shit
>>
>>64931453
X-Men are shit and don't deserve to be in MCU. Spidey a faggot. If these shit characters are to be in MCU it'd have to be rebooted and with no casts. But with no origins, since we've seen them to many damn times.
>>
Spider-Man would be pretty easy to throw in after The Avengers. He gets involved in shit just by living in New York.

If SHIELD could let all of Iron Man 3 happen, Peter and Oscorp are nothing.
>>
>>64932620
Well that's why I gave him the Ultimate version of his name. And maybe it's just me but Dr. Doom is as silly as Dr. Evil, it's just too silly to take seriously, especially for one of the best villains ever.
>>
>>64931717

This. They're good where they're at. A hiccup here and there but they're back on track.

For the love of god, I don't care which studio, somebody help out Spider-man.
>>
>>64932671
You sound like some shithead WB exec.
>>
>>64931453
"present day" of the first three X-Men films actually occurs during the 90's and early 00's, 60's, 70's, etc stay intact. The MCU from Iron Man onwards actually takes place in the 2010's.
Massive mutant war between Xavier and Magneto's armies. Many die and that prompts Scarlet Witch to go "NO MORE MUTANTS and every mutant loses their powers. Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver get their powers back to Terrigen Mists and are now Inhumans.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAA
>>
>>64932692
I'm not saying "go get laid nerds this character sucks and only losers like him." I'm just saying maybe tweaking his name could make him more intimidating.
>>
>>64931666
>They still don't even have a script. How are they filming without a script?

No they have a script and they finished up filming weeks or at most a month ago.
>>
>>64931453
Could you even imagine how much money a AvX movie would make?
>>
>>64931717
I like X-Men a lot, and I also like the MCU, but I also agree with this. I feel X-men works a lot better when they're the only superheroes in the world, as opposed to the Marvel multi-verse. Sure, Wolverine works well with other characters, but the "mutants are hated" thing just doesn't make much sense with all the love for other heroes.
>>
>>64933082
They Will need to make a two or even three parter To give all actors proper screen time. And it means EVEN MORE MONEY
>>
>>64931453
Wanna know something?

I really don't want Spidey to be a part of the fucking Avengers. Also it would all become such a cluttered mess.
>>
>all these peole sperging over mutants in the MCU
>b-but it doesn't make sense, people love heroes but hate mutants
>muh moral consistency
I've literally only seen this complain on /co/. Who fucking cares? There's plenty of ways to go about it that wouldn't make it retarded, you're just being anti-mutie autists.
>>
>>64932620
>But he's PhD
Is he? Like honorary from Latveria then, because I'm pretty sure he never finished his doctorate.
>>
>>64931453
Spider-Man could work. X-Men not so much.

In order for X-Men to work you have to have a bunch of mutants and a bunch of instances of anti-mutant prejudice. There's two ways you could go about this.

1) Introduce mutants to the MCU little by little over time (mostly in series like Agents of SHIELD or whatever). Then, in the distant future, after the frequency of mutants has increased to the point where it makes sense for them to band together against prejudice (and it has to make sense that people discriminate against mutants but not against other heroes), you can start forming an early version of the X-Men.
(cont.)
>>
File: comic flyclops.jpg (139KB, 744x834px) Image search: [Google]
comic flyclops.jpg
139KB, 744x834px
>>64934420
2) Through TV series like Agents of SHIELD, establish that mutants have always been around. Possibly retcon a bunch of the super powered humans that SHIELD has in its database so that they're now mutants. Maybe narrow the discrimination so that it's just SHIELD (pre-Caulson) and governments trying to hide/capture/weaponize them, or create some event that makes it so that hating mutants makes sense in the eyes of the MCU public. Something like:
>Someone leaked a bunch of SHIELD documents from the 60s written by [a specific nutjob SHIELD scientist] that talk about a set of genetic markers that many humans possess. Apparently these genetic markers can become active during an individuals lifetime and cause them to exhibit super human abilities. The documents detail many instances of such super humans causing lots of destruction including a SHIELD coverup of a city that was destroyed by one. The scientist also goes on to speculate that these humans are inherently related to a "god" called the Phoenix that has allegedly destroyed countless planets and civilizations. He states that the rate at which these genetic markers are becoming active in humans is increasing at an exponential rate. The documents end with him recommending a eugenics-like program to control and curtail their spread.
>Public shits itself. "These mutants and their god can go fuck themselves, this is America. USA USA USA". Widespread discrimination ensues.
Then at this point establish a new team of X-Men (in a movie). Possibly establish a Brotherhood [of evil mutants] first and use that as the tipping point to establish a team of X-Men.

Either way, no matter how it's done it would have to be done several years from now. There's no telling how the MCU might change between now and then.
>>
Spider-Man coming in I'm fine with, even though I've liked both ASM movies. Just don't have him join The Avengers right away. Have him be a reserve member or something.

Fantastic Four I only really want for Doom and the Cosmic stuff. Plus it could be really great if they focused more on sci-fi adventures and less on actual super heroics.

I'm honestly fine with keeping X-Men separate, even if I do want to see Wolverine fight Hulk or Beast buddy up with Wonder Man in a West Coast Avengers movie. I'd honestly love it if Marvel could just buy the Shi'Ar and The Phallanx (Fox has them right? ) and anything else Fox isn't ever going to touch (like The Savage Land), just so Marvel could fill out the MCU more.
>>
>>64934482
Does anyone see any obvious flaws with this?
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.