[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How it should have ended: Finn: But dad, the whole point of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 202
Thread images: 17

File: unikitty.jpg (35KB, 255x246px) Image search: [Google]
unikitty.jpg
35KB, 255x246px
How it should have ended:

Finn: But dad, the whole point of Lego is to build whatever you want!
Dad: Yes, I understand that. And I want to build huge cities with structure and order.
Finn: B-but, structure and order is the death of creativity!
Dad: Structure and order is what puts food on your table, kid. Now help me clean up this mess, it's Taco Tuesday.
>>
>>63763498
Dad: Hey Finn, want to play "Cave Explorer?"
Finn: Yeah!
Credits begin to roll as the audience is forced to listen to a child cry along with the sound of someone violating a mayonnaise jar.
>>
>>63763498
The moral was that both of them were in the wrong. The kid was a brat for not respecting his father's stuff, while the father was a dick for filling the basement with toys and only let his son play with the cast offs. I mean, shit, I want to sympathize with the father, I really do. I used to build Star Trek models as a kid and I'd get pissed off when my friends would play with them like toys... but those were models. Delicate and required hours of effort that could be ruined in an instant. Legos are fucking Legos. They're made to be put together and taken apart thousands of times.
>>
Holy shit, /co/ is autistic enough to side with the fucking villain? Fuck, you guys are lost
>>
>>63763498
How many people purchased lego sets that were based on the movie, and them proceeded to assemble them by following the directions?
>>
>>63763498

You're kind of a dumb person.

The point against creativity over order was made long before when the submarine failed and Emett's sofa saved all their lives. The entire third act relies on structure as well as improvisation.

Wasn't hard. I mean, it's a kid's movie.
>>
File: 1405718633501.png (1MB, 779x1210px) Image search: [Google]
1405718633501.png
1MB, 779x1210px
I cried like a bitch during the ending.
>>
You missed the most important dad line.

"You made this?"

The movie wasn't saying that the dad was wrong for having a hobby, or seeing it as art. The movie was saying that the dad was underestimating his son, and being selfish by keeping his hobby to himself, and realized that he and his kid could've been bonding over their shared love of creation the entire time.

Its not "don't have a hobby", its "play with your kids.".
>>
File: 1391996467568.jpg (50KB, 300x213px) Image search: [Google]
1391996467568.jpg
50KB, 300x213px
>visiting family
>brother's nephews say "hey, let's watch the lego movie"
>that's cool I liked that movie, it was fun an-
>nephews hit play on dvd player
>Ninjago
>>
>>63763794
I didn't cry, but I was getting misty eyed. That was a really good speech.
>>
>>63763498
This movie was utter garbage. Pop culture references, boring sequences, lack of any real interesting conflict etc.
Lego stop motion, 3d animation was coolish though.
>>
The moral of the movie is that order and creativity can both get the job done, and to cling religiously to one side or the other is vice.
>>
Can't it just be a cute movie where a dad realizes he should share his toys?
>>
How about that sequel?
>>
Friendly reminder that Milhouse is a motherfucking Master Builder.
>>
>>63764059
Everything's coming up Milhouse!
>>
>>63763845
>and being selfish by keeping his hobby to himself
Lego is fucking expensive.
>>
>>63763690
>only let his son play with the cast offs

Sure, why not? Then he'd be able to say "Finn made this IN A BASEMENT! ...... With a box of SCRAPS!"
>>
>>63764137
True. My entire childhood fits in half of a typing paper box, and I was grateful to have it. The set in the film had to be thousands of dollars.
>>
>>63764137
This. Dad's lego collection would have cost thousands of dollars. It's obviously something that could only be paid for with a white collar job. The same white collar job that keeps delicate, cherubic Finn out of public "pound my face in for having curly hair" school.
>>
>>63763753
>implying adachi wasnt right
>>
>>63763753
>the fucking villain
Did you even listen to Emmet's speech to Mr. Business at the end?
>>
File: osaka dark.jpg (18KB, 295x348px) Image search: [Google]
osaka dark.jpg
18KB, 295x348px
>mfw Hollywood movies are designed to pit people who agree with the premise, against people who disagree with the premise, rather than celebrate the miracle that is free expression and exchange of thoughts

At least we aren't arresting people for having the "wrong" opinions. Yet.
>>
>>63763753
>implying either of them was a villain

Did you even Lego Movie?
>>
>>63763753
Fuck off, I bet you also like Kids Next Door, that show where the "heroes" fight against adult "tyranny," even though they live in their parents' houses and never pay for their own stuff.
>>
Is it possible that Emmet was into Banjo Kazooie? I know it's a phrase, but BK is the only thing I've seen it in outside of this movie.
>>
This movie proves that free will is but an illusion created by the beings on the next level of existence, as they play with our fragile and ultimately hilarious existences.
>>
>>63764417
Nigga what
>>
>>63764403
That's the fucking joke, you autist
>>
File: oh baby oh baby oh baby.jpg (20KB, 320x239px) Image search: [Google]
oh baby oh baby oh baby.jpg
20KB, 320x239px
>The guy that made Crash Bandicoot music did the Lego Movie OST
>>
>>63763769
>The entire third act relies on structure as well as improvisation.
So it's almost as if the first act is thesis, the second act is antithesis and the third act is synthesis

Why are retards ITT insisting the conclusion was about one side winning rather than both coexisting?
>>
>>63764137
>Lego is fucking expensive

The MegaBloks Movie when
>>
>>63764417
What's "it"?
>>
>>63764521
>>
>>63764543
TLM had a very good soundtrack, aside from the obvious Untitled Self Portrait and Everything is Awesome.
>>
>>63764543
>The guy that made Crash Bandicoot music

An entire generation whose understanding of Mark Mothersbaugh's contribution to music is /v/ or "composed the theme to Rugrats"
>>
>>63764584
>The Megabloks Movie
I really wanna see this.

Produced by Videobrinquedo.
>>
>>63764601
Or you could just be dense.
>>
>>63764585
Cloud Cuckoo Land
>>
>>63764613
I'm sorry...
>>
>>63764644
It's a common saying.

CCL basically means being into a state where everything is perfect. Or awesome.
>>
File: rocko.jpg (14KB, 256x302px) Image search: [Google]
rocko.jpg
14KB, 256x302px
>>63764640
>actually defending Kids Next Door
>>
>>63763690
>The moral was that both of them were in the wrong
They weren't though, only the child was. Quit reading Dr. Spock.
>>
If he simply spanked the child the first time he acted up, they wouldn't be having so much social turmoil in the city.
>>
>>63763690
The dad wasn't.

It was clear that the son genuinely enjoyed playing with legos so the dad probably should have bought him a lot more legos in comparison to the literally basement full he had to himself, but he was in no way wrong in wanting to enjoy his hobby the way he wanted to.

The legos construction was a hobby the fathered enjoyed in his way and the kid had no right to fuck with his shit. If the kid was taking a model boat the dad spent nine years completing and gluing pirate toys to it, nobody would say shit if the dad got upset. Just because the legos themselves are a "toy" the kid has no right to fuck with his dad's stuff.

Just because the dad's hobby is "toys" doesn't mean he has a requirement to let his kid, who clearly likes fucking with stuff, have any kind of free reign over it.
>>
>>63765531
>the dad should've spent hundreds to thousands of dollars to get this little cunt a decent amount of legos
>>
File: 1404280800053.gif (1005KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1404280800053.gif
1005KB, 500x281px
>>63763868
only thing worse than ninjago is bionicle.
>>
>>63765645
>bionicle
>bad
Get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>63765677
Death of creativity for lego. You get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>63765531
I'd agree with you if the kid was being wantonly destructive. Smashing figs with a hammer, melting built vehicles in the microwave, or just kicking over the buildings. But the kid was just as careful and meticulous as his father was. "You expertly removed the top of the tower?"

Legos are toys, toys are meant to be played with. I'd concede if they were collectables worth hundreds of dollars. Though that might have been the case with some of it, like 80's Spaceman.
>>
>>63764673
Go look up DEVO's entire discography, and all will be forgiven child.
>>
>>63765737
>He hasn't seen the titty monsters made with bionicles
>>
File: 6689944087_97b62a5b38_z.jpg (127KB, 396x640px) Image search: [Google]
6689944087_97b62a5b38_z.jpg
127KB, 396x640px
>>63765737
>death of creativity
>>
>>63764219
>The same white collar job that keeps delicate, cherubic Finn out of public "pound my face in for having curly hair" school.
That seems... curiously specific, anon.

A thearapist would be a good thing to see.
>>
>>63765803
G-go on...?
>>
File: bunny25_pose.jpg (58KB, 349x640px) Image search: [Google]
bunny25_pose.jpg
58KB, 349x640px
>>63766143
>>
>>63764693
The phrase is from an ancient Greek play, where some humans built a city in the sky populated with birds. Zeus totally handed over control of the universe to the one dude who used birds to cut them off from prayer.

It predates English.
>>
>>63766284
It's beautiful. Are there more?
>>
>>63766438
http://www brickshelf com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=185597
>>
>>63766284
That's Jolynne.
>>
>>63763933
gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>63764053
>>
>>63764612
nigga those songs were based
>>
>>63763498

I think the bigger question we're all over looking is how did Will Ferril actually manage to get laid at least twice that we know if
>>
File: 1405144855338.png (577KB, 959x538px) Image search: [Google]
1405144855338.png
577KB, 959x538px
>>63765645
>Hating Bionicle

Either you are retarded, baiting, or both. I'm gonna say both.
>>
just let the kid build a goddamn spaceship
>>
>>63771117
When you're scrapping the bottom of the barrel...
>>
>>63764871
Did you forget how Emmet's plan went? FOLLOWING the rules meant they NEARLY MADE IT.
>>
>>63765741
>melting built vehicles in the microwave
Somebody's never watched "is it a good idea to microwave this".
>>
>>63764137
I think Will Ferril can afford it.
>>
>>63771295
>Benny was a representation of the kid
HOLY FUCK
>>
>>63771743
You mean
> Benny was a representation of the kid's representation of a kid
>>
>>63765741
>Legos are toys, toys are meant to be played with.

You don't get to decide how someone enjoys their hobby. That's like going "cars are meant to be driven why won't my dad let me drive his expensive old collector cars around whenever I feel like it". It doesn't matter if it's old G.I. Joes still in packaging or legos. Guy doesn't want the stuff he bought fucked with.
>>
>>63771897
Except the kid was a hundred times more talented at LEGOs than his dad. Getting mad at that point is being petty buttsore.

>brick nsecmp
>>
>>63771948
Why would it matter if the kid was "better" at legos than his dad (whatever the fuck that means). It's the dad's shit.
>>
>>63765741
>I'd concede if they were collectables worth hundreds of dollars.

All those legos were at least a couple grand.
>>
>>63771988
Do the world a favor and NEVER reproduce.
>>
>>63772044
I am sorry that your dad let you do whatever the fuck you wanted as a kid.
>>
>>63772043
Father should've been smarter and bought from Bricklink.
>>
>>63772129
No, seriously. If your first instinct upon stumbling across a previously unknown talent is "get your hands off MY stuff", you deserve to die alone.
>>
>>63772043
Collectively, sure. I could buy a hundred grand worth of plastic army men, but that doesn't make them valuable.
>>
>>63766096
>that seems curiously specific

The kid in the movie has curly hair, did you even watch it?
>>
>>63772207
That's a stupid argument. Together it has value. Do you just base a collection of the single most expensive object there?

It's not like the dad had "a" lego set that he wouldn't let his kid touch. This was clearly a large collection with several sets that probobaly did cost a couple hundred even individually and it had years of work put into it. I mean this wasn't some minor side project that he clearly had a huge dedication for.
>>
>>63766396
Wait, there are trope names that predate Joss Whedon and David E Kelley's writing stables?
>>
>>63766396
Why am I now reminded of that sky place in Twilight Princess?
>>
>>63764871
>only the child was
huh?

>Quit reading Dr. Spock
Quit quoting talking points, you wouldn't know who Dr. Spock was if you hadn't read some "i hate liberals" blog
>>
>>63772198
The kid made shit a kid would make with legos and managed to take the top of a completely square building. The kid was not the next lego Mozart that the father was keeping from going to the lego college for advanced lego building.
>>
>>63772340
> kids with curly hair get beaten up all the time, I'm not projecting
>>
>>63772352
>and it had years of work put into it

yes, we know his father's autistic and it clearly skipped a generation with his kid, what's your point, humor a man with a brain disorder or slap some fucking sense into him
>>
>>63772447
>The kid was not the next lego Mozart that the father was keeping from going to the lego college for advanced lego building.

Based on some replies ITT you'd think the father was some painstaking craftsman and not the 40something version of a minecraft sperglord
>>
>>63772447
No my son, he was going to get the letter in the post telling him he'd been accepted to Legwarts
>>
>>63772423

City in the Sky being a cultural reference would not surprise me.

Those birdmen were incredibly weird looking

On the topic of the movie, it should have ended with a teaser for LEGO Justice League, the movie. The father/son plot was a good idea but to awkwardly handled to salvage.
>>
The moral of the story was good. If you put your hobby before your child's happiness, you're a shitty parent.
>>
>>63772447
> Ignoring the gigantic floating fortress and dozens of custom vehicles in the city

How's that head cannon working for ya?
>>
>>63772352
It's still just a lot of a relatively cheap thing, though. I'm pretty sure those skyscrapers and roads aren't any packaged set, he had to order cases of bricks, which cost pennies a piece.

Yes, assembling those towers would indeed be a lot of work, especially for a family man with a full time job. I was siding with the father when he was upset over his son taking the top off one. But the father was a dick about his son playing with the mini-figs.
>>
>>63772477
>that guy who says "projecting" when he has no counterargument
>durr what is hyperbole
Ethnic minorities tend to get singled out. It's irresponsible to send your child to public school if you have the means to send him/her to private school. That's the only point I was trying to make.

>>63772553
The father is obviously some kind of corporate executive, he isn't a "sperglord." Since when does valuing order and structure mean you have a mental illness?

Since liberals, I guess.
>>
>>63772589
>You're a Masterbuilder, Harry
>>
You people clearly have never had kids. The day I let my kids mess with any of my shit is the day hell freezes over and I don't have anything on the level of a giant lego shrine bullshit.

>Oh when I'm a parent I'm going to be the best one anything of mine is the kid's why would I keep him/her away from my life
>Oh how could he be so rude as to ask his kid politely not to touch his stuff

Fuck that noise they're the enemy from day one. The enemy you raise with care and love but fuck you if you think you're touching my shit. What you don't see outside of the basement is all the inflatable pools and bikes and fucking a dozen transformer bedspreads.

You can argue if having his *all* those legos makes him a total autism-lord but he did fuck all wrong from being a parent beyond the generic movie bullshit of "oh he's so distant".
>>
>>63772642
No, if you put your own feelings above your parents' wishes you're a spoiled brat. Why couldn't the kid just go play outside like a normal person? Honor thy mother and thy father. The dad did nothing wrong.
>>
>>63772667
>It's still just a lot of a relatively cheap thing, though.

It's not. Collectively it's not and the only way you can look at is collectively because by the end the kid had the entire middle section of that four table setup thing hecka wrecked.
>>
>>63772717
>The enemy you raise with care and love but fuck you if you think you're touching my shit.
That's a fine attitude for dealing with firearms in a house with kids.

That's not a fine attitude for LEGOs.
>>
>>63772717
You've got to be one unbelievably spoiled brat if you throw a tantrum over being told you should share your toys with you own goddamned children.
>>
>>63772747
Yes, because the responsibility is clearly on the child to self-sacrifice and make mature decisions. Please don't reproduce, you're far too selfish to understand what you take on when you have a kid.
>>
>>63772642
>Papa can I please mess with your things
>No child go play with the assortment of other things you have or you can maybe ask me for additional things of your own which you can enjoy
>But papa I really would like ever so much to mess with the stuff *you* have, it simply would not be the same if it wasn't your things I was rearranging
>Child I work a very stressful job which I go to in order to feed, clothe, bring you comfort, and pay for my excessive lego obsession
>Oh why ever are you so distant father of mine

Shut up 19th century family person you're crazy
>>
>>63772717
>What you don't see outside of the basement is all the inflatable pools and bikes and fucking a dozen transformer bedspreads.

This.

THIS.

Oh God, this, so much.

The dad is a successful businessman who can obviously afford to spend thousands of dollars on pointless luxury items. Finn is just a spoiled rich kid who can't wrap his brain around the idea that not every toy belongs to him.
>>
>>63772642
>If you put your hobby before your child's happiness, you're a shitty parent.

It's not like he was missing the kid's baseball games or some shit to go do legos. The kid very specifically wanted to mess with the dad's legos which, having lived with the guy his whole life, you'd think the kid would know not to touch his shit.
>>
>>63772717
I'm sorry that your shotgun-betrothed lied about being on the pill, anon. That's no excuse to take the anger out on your kids.
>>
>>63772866
It wasn't toys to him. It was a legitimate hobby in the same vein as building models planes or whatever. He never told his kid "you aren't allowed to go play with things" he just didn't want him to mess with his stuff.

Even the people going "oh it's just legos" only help the argument. It's just legos to the kid, go fucking do something else.
>>
>>63772880
You ever notice how, in the story, Will Ferrell knows his kid likes legos? And yet the kid still does? You know what that implies? That Ferrell is a shitty parent, because he obviously hasn't bought the kid legos of his own.
>>
>>63763868

ninjago is a good show, at least it wasn't Chima
>>
>>63772630
The birdmen were based on a famous surreal painting.
>>
>>63772866
He didn't throw a tantrum; he calmly and rationally explained why Finn is not allowed to play with dad's stuff.

>>63772879
>the responsibility is clearly on the child to self-sacrifice and make mature decisions.
Well, yes. They have to start sometime. Believe it or not, there isn't this magical arbitrary day during your teenage years where you "grow up" and are immediately endowed with all the wisdom of adulthood. It's a gradual process, and it starts as soon as you're old enough to walk.

If you shelter kids, spoil them, and treat them like they're dumb, they'll never truly grow up (see: the average 4chan poster).
>>
>>63773023
Except the kid does have Legos of his own, they're in a cardboard box at the edge of the basement.
>>
Holy shit, so many sperging /toy/ fags in here
>>
>>63773003
>>63772918
I love how so many people assume, without a shred of evidence, that 1) Finn has a ton of other toys and 2) Finn doesn't treat Legos with the same respect his father does. If anything, Finn treats the Legos with MORE respect than his dad.
>>
>>63773023

You don't just get god at building legos right off the bat. Did you miss the part where it shows the massive bin he -WAS- allowed to play with? He didn't want him touching HIS stuff. The kid had his own sets, but he deliberately fucked his dad's shit even when asked not to. He could have done something as simple as maybe asking his dad for more building sets, but no, he specifically wanted the thousands of bucks worth of setups around the basement.
>>
>>63772977
You make fun of my family situation know but you're going to feel the exact same way. I love my kids a bunch, but I'm not going to let them mess with my stuff. Sure my stuff isn't something they'd enjoy like legos but it's still "dad stuff" and they get "kid stuff". I certainly wouldn't want them messing with something I put effort into only for them to, fuck it up and then get bored with it. Because that's what kids do, they get bored with shit very easily.

For the sake of being fair and assuming that the clearly upper middle to lower upper class kid had no toys or things to enjoy outside of the small boxs of legos he gave him, then yes, the father really should have bought his kid a lot more legos to enjoy.

Saying "fuck off child of mine this is my shit" is way more healthier for the kid than going " sure go mess around to your hearts content you don't have to worry about my feelings".

Also people are missing the entire point of the film. It has fuck all do with legos. The kid and the dad were able to bond and the DISTANT FATHER wasn't so distant anymore now that they shared a common passion. However Will Ferrell could have just as easily spent time with his son outside of legos.
>>
>>63773023
Cloud Cuckoo Land was actually the kid's collection of shit, nigga.
>>
>>63773146
1 BOX. 1 BOX. Remind me how many his dad had again?!?

>>63773079
I love how you justify the idea of being a terrible parent. This may amaze you, but even parents who don't spoil their kids will put them first. It's called giving a fuck.
>>
>>63773171
>without a shred of evidence, that 1) Finn has a ton of other toys

They're clearly in a good financial situation. There's no reason to assume they aren't a typical household outside of the lego basement.
>>
>>63773243
It was?
I didn't catch that.
Does anyone have a pic of the kid's shit?
>>
>>63773258
One box was enough for me when I was a child.
>>
>>63773310

Then you were missing out.

My lego collection weighed more than I did back in the day.
>>
On a similar note, why is it suddenly trendy in feminism to push women toward science and engineering work? To me that really seems counterintuitive.

Isn't the idea that women should be encouraged to pursue executive positions, and other leadership-type jobs? Out of the kitchen, and into the workplace? Science laboratories are basically just another kind of kitchen. It's exactly the kind of menial work that's expected of women in a non-feminist society.

You know that cliche womanly complaint of "I slaved five hours over a hot stove to make this?" Well, as a former biology major, slaving over a Bunsen burner isn't really much different.
>>
>>63773023
To me it's not even about giving his son his own legos, it's about how he shut out his son and refused to engage him in their common interest.

Imagine some dad scolding his son for wanting to listen to his CD collection of dad rock. Not priceless records from the 70's, but "greatest hits" shit he got at Best Buy. Yeah, buying a sizable collection of CDs would have cost a lot, but each individual disk is easily replaceable. More importantly, the dad should have seized the opportunity to bond with his son.
>>
>>63773258
>1 BOX. 1 BOX. Remind me how many his dad had again?!?
>If I have a collection of legos my kid needs a basement full of legos

>This may amaze you, but even parents who don't spoil their kids will put them first. It's called giving a fuck.

The fuck did Will Ferrell do that wasn't "putting the kid first"? Ask him to not mess with his shit and proceeds to not devote a 100% of his attention to the kid when he's in the middle of doing something? Oh yeah he's practically abandoning that child.
>>
I think we can all agree that Will Ferrell is a very handsome man.
>>
>>63773258
>Remind me how many his dad had again?!?
The dad has a job and buys his Legos, with the money he earns himself. Which is the same money that bought the kid's Legos, AND the car and the house and everything else little Richie Rich takes for granted.
>>
File: one box full.png (1MB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
one box full.png
1MB, 1920x800px
>>63773276
>>
>>63773379
Exactly. If you have to section your life off from your kids, you're missing the joy of being a parent.
>>
>>63773458
I want Will Ferrel to have some business with my body, to the point where he Kragles all over me
>>
I loved this movie, but it made me feel guilty that I follow instructions. I have grand aspirations of becoming a MOC hobbyist, but I need more parts first. Until then, instructions.
>>
There is no right or wrong answer here. Nobody is a perfect parent and the best you can hope for is to raise your kid to be a better person than yourself.
>>
>>63773657
You missed part of the movie then. The point was that structure and innovation are both equally good things and bonding. Nothing wrong with following the instructions if that's what you like.
>>
>>63773657
>beginning to get into Lego
>have only like four sets
>can't build almost fucking nothing
>can only have fun with the instruction sets and shit
Feels bad.
>>
>>63773500
Hold on. His personal stash was cloud cooko land? The boy destroyed his own ccl as part of the narrative he made up? A jealous god destroys his own domain as he covets the domain of another...
>>
>>63766396
[citation needed]
>>
>>63773500
I see the pink but I'm not quite sure that's cuckooland.
>>
>>63773739
>>63773690
I used to be like that with my sets. Do what my friend did for me when I was a kid. Make the sets. The more, the better. Then, destroy them. It was a shark attack in my case. Then, try to rebuild all of them as a single whole. What you get will be more fun than what you started with. In my case, a pirate castle in the jungle surrounded by dinos.
>>
>>63773500
It is.

At least the part used for the toy set itself, down right to the snail.
>>
>>63773657
Don't feel bad about that, yes you can try to be creative with them.

I tried but failed, not everyone is a "master builder" I kinda feel bad about taking apart my Time Cruiser and Twister sets trying to make something interesting, now I can't get the boat back together and have no clue how to get the Train even looking halfway decent.
>>
>>63773803

The box says Cloud on it. There's tons of different sets and parts in there. How many? So many it's goddamn cookoo.
>>
>>63773803
That bit on the centre top in the box, is the literal set that comes in the CCL lego set. Also, check the name written on the box.
>>
>>63773228
Shouldn't you be spending time with your mistake instead of trolling sperglords on 4chan?
>>
>>63773761

I imagined it as his dad coming downstairs and taking it apart because it was taking up room on the tables.
>>
>>63773739
I remember when I was young, my parents got me a set. It was just one space themed set. It had some weird ass pieces, but I played with it. At some point I got a bunch of new bricks from a garage sale. It was old stuff where the lego men were made of pieces that had to be assembled and most of it was farm themed. I think most of a train was in there too. I played the hell out of those bricks.
>>
>>63773761
>the box is Cloud Cuckoo Land
Holy shit I didn't even notice that.
>>
>>63764871
>Quit reading Dr. Spock.

Mr. Spock. McCoy was the doctor.
>>
>>63773657
Every set gets assembled by the instructions when it's new from the box. It just simply doesn't last that way.
>>
The entire theme of the movie was the struggle between collectivism and individualism, and how neither of them stand on their own. In the end, it was the destruction of the idea that they're mutually exclusive that saves the day, as everyone uses the things that makes them individuals to help work together for the betterment of society.

Finn's dad isn't wrong for wanting to build things according to instructions, he's wrong for squashing his son's attempts at expressing his individuality. Emmet is pretty much a living ideal by the end of the movie, using his abilities of structure and order to help build upon preexisting ideas and create something new i.e. the construction mech.
>>
>>63774100
No, the character in Star Trek is called Mr. Spock.

Benjamin Spock had a Ph.D in child psychology.
>>
File: princessUniK.png (1MB, 1920x800px)
princessUniK.png
1MB, 1920x800px
>>63774000

I think it was his dad reclaiming all the pieces the kid took from the other sets.
>>
>>63773761
I always assumed his dad (the micromanagers) destroyed it because it was bleeding into Middle Zealand (the rainbow that lead there was in Middle Zealand).
>>
>>63774109
This. A Lego X-Wing is cool and all, but its got some parts that would be perfect on that spaceship you're inventing yourself.
>>
>>63774188
That sounds kinda plausible.
>>
Funny how all the parts the dad left for the kid were the silly pink things and cartoonish superheroes. It will be interesting how they play the little sister into this in the sequel. I kinda hope they find a new theme though, just to keep it new. It would be fine by me if they didn't break the 3½th wall this time, just so it isn't a repeat.
>>
>>63774600
I can only hope they somewhat TRY to live up to what the first movie managed to accomplish.
>>
>>63774674
Since we already basically know the gag, they don't really have to show us the children. It could be fun as an audience member to try to guess what the gods are up to, based on what the lego folks are doing.
>>
>>63774600
If were getting into sequel territory, Id like to see the villains of the lego sets be the villains of the movie.

Would love to see the idea of the Time Twister Twins trying to go back in time and write themselves into all of Lego Worlds history.
>>
>>63774749
>they don't really have to show us the children
Especially not if they're ugly curly-haired things again.
>>
>>63774799
C'mon, the kid was a pretty chill nigga.

I expected him to be some destructive brat when he stepped on Emmet (even if accidentally), but i was surprised after that.
>>
>>63763757
I still need to turn my Castle Calvary set into Ironchops the Knight.
>>
File: 1386809254794.jpg (48KB, 596x596px) Image search: [Google]
1386809254794.jpg
48KB, 596x596px
>>63766284
>lego titties
>the ride never ends.
>>
>>63773341

That's not a similar note at all.
You have aslergers or something? I know a guy who always goes "oh, on that tplopic" and then proceedes to talk aboit shit that he finds related but by everyone else could barely be considered tangential.

Anyway.

Dad could've been better about bonding and teaching his son the importance of respecting other peoples stuff, but otherwise was just being protective of his hobby. He and his kid are gonna work on their bonding over Legos, and hopefully the kid will come to respect the effort put into his dad's collection, and want to learn from his dad.
>>
>Not having kids
>have more money for lego
>me and my GF can build our own personal lego city and no one can do a damn thing
Feels good.
>>
Just watched it with family, sister and I both in 20s. Thought it was endearing in the I wish I could be a kid again and have all that creativity and fun again.

>what is this gay bullshit
>immediately switches over to TCM to find silent movie
>way to ruin the fun of a stupid kids movie and was more appealing than most crap out there

Guess we are just to pleb for him
>>
>>63775121
>aslergers
>tplopic
>aboit
is there something wrong with your keyboard, anon?
>>
>>63773341
>why is it suddenly trendy in feminism to push women toward science and engineering work?

It's not trendy. It's recognizing the very real fact that 50% of the population is shying away from a an entire field due to several emergent factors.

The idea is that by calling attention to it and make a concentrated effort, you can counteract those emergent tendencies.
Like most any human activity, really. Want to
>>
>>63775121
>That's not a similar note at all.
>You have aslergers or something? I know a guy who always goes "oh, on that tplopic" and then proceedes to talk aboit shit that he finds related but by everyone else could barely be considered tangential.
Sweet Jesus, calm down.
>>
>>63773739
When I was a kid parents bought me and my sister one of those boxes that just had a ton of bricks. We would set up bases with out friends and wage wars against each other, or take them on adventures into the backyard.
>>
>>63775597
Have you ever considered that the reason more women don't generally become computer programmers, is because women aren't generally interested in it?

There isn't some concerted effort keep women out of the field. It's simply that more men want to be computer programmers. Or mechanical engineers. Or research biologists, or whatever other "nerdy" job we're talking about, where your work day is spent at a desk looking at math problems.
>>
>>63763933
>Pop culture references
Okay I'll bite.
Do you mean Batman?
>>
>>63773265
>Taco tuesday is the only day per week that the family eats
>The rest of the food budget goes to legos.
>>
Guys, wait.

What if

What if the dad is actually an employee of Lego Group?
>>
>>63776767
He can't be. He's too unfun.
>>
>>63776767
They would make him wear a tie, to go to work at a toy factory? That's so wrong on so many levels.
>>
>>63777363
Uh... Yes? It's a corporation like any other.
>>
>>63764166
kek.
>>
>>63772672
>Since when does valuing order and structure mean you have a mental illness

when you're playing with childrens' toys well into your forties and think making high rises from instructions means fuck-all, that's when

> liberals

what did I tell you about parroting talking points
>>
>>63772717
>You people clearly have never had kids. The day I let my kids mess with any of my shit is the day hell freezes over and I don't have anything on the level of a giant lego shrine bullshit.

I have a child. You have the mind of one.
>>
>>63772880
>I work a very stressful job which I go to in order to feed, clothe, bring you comfort, and pay for my excessive lego obsession
>Dad real men build model kits, are you this disappointing in the office too? Or should I just cut to the chase and ask mom the obvious question
>>
>>63772918
> I'm right according to baseless assumptions, things not in the script, and I might not have seen the movie

You are now indistinguishable from tumblristas howling for Rick Remender's firing. Self-righteous, unable to stand on anything other than emotional reaction, and generally an embarrassment to forming a cohesive argument.

You are internet feminism wrapped in a different label.
>>
>>63764403
>I bet you also like Roald Dahl books where the "heroes" fight against adult "tyranny" even though they have the right to punish kids however they want.
>>
>>63773863
>In my case, a pirate castle in the jungle surrounded by dinos.
How much do you want for your childhood
>>
>>63773228
>but I'm not going to let them mess with my stuff.
god damn it did you even watch toy story 2

when i was 8 my father made me justify buying me an action figure

it cost something like $6.97 and I played with it for YEARS

Later I found it in my shit and gave it to my daughter who promptly had it sit for tea with her bears and didn't give a damn who or what he was, because now he was something in her imagination

toys are to be played with you stubborn piece of shit, not some magical retainer of your childhood or valuable good
>>
>>63773493
>little Richie Rich
you keepin the struggle real bruh
>>
>>63775521
>>what is this gay bullshit
Have you considered bonding with your dad by punching him in the fucking mouth
>>
>>63773400
>The fuck did Will Ferrell do that wasn't "putting the kid first"?

Spend god knows how many hours building stupid shit when he should have spent it with his family?

Really that's what this is about

it's not he can't build what he wants it's he should build with his goddamn kids
>>
>>63776510
> little sister has cancer
> will ferrell becomes a druglord to afford her healthcare
> ends up just buying more legos
Bricking Bad
>>
>>63782320
>Have you considered bonding with your dad by punching him in the fucking mouth

yes, but my dad's a boxing instructor sooo
>>
>>63782391
"WE'RE WATCHING THIS MOVIE GO BACK TO YOUR MAN CAVE AND JACK IT TO CHRISTIAN BALE MOVIES DAD"
>>
>>63782391
>yes, but my dad's a boxing instructor sooo
bond with him by showing the third act and saying "did you ever imagine having a real job instead of being a dance instructor, dad"
"what was it like when you threw your first fight"
"when are you going to stop hitting mom"
>>
>>63782474

Im actually not that guy from before, I should have mentioned. Me and my pop get along great. We actually so the film in theaters together with my nephew. Was a good time
>>
File: angry pepe.jpg (137KB, 900x900px)
angry pepe.jpg
137KB, 900x900px
>>63765645
You shit the fuck up right now.
>>
Lord Business 34 when
>>
>>63763690
>They're made to be put together and taken apart thousands of times.
Every time I ever turned my back on my older brother when I was a kid, he would destroy my lego city. I'd be like dude, why are you destroying my lego city. He'd say, they're legos, they are meant to be put together and taken apart thousands of times.

Is it wrong to think that taking them apart should rest in the hands of the person who built the damn thing. If I build a nice city, I'll take it apart when I'm bored with it and make something else, I'd rather it not be destroyed until that time.
>>
>>63765645
HE SAYS WHILE POSTING ANIMU
>>
>>63763498
Ending ruined the entire movie for me, and half the reason was because of that stupid ass kid messing with his dad's stuff (despite having a whole heap of his own lego to play with) and then the movie acting like the dad was in the wrong.
>>
File: jiggle.jpg (6KB, 300x179px) Image search: [Google]
jiggle.jpg
6KB, 300x179px
>>63763498
>How it should have ended:
No real life bullshit at the end
>>
If you build it, they will come.
>>
> this entire thread

So many daddy issues, so little understanding of the message
>>
File: 1376975240156.jpg (30KB, 227x236px) Image search: [Google]
1376975240156.jpg
30KB, 227x236px
>>63763868
>>63765645
>Ninjago
>bad
Thread posts: 202
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.