[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you raise a parasitic wasp as your own?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9

File: bugpond2.png (366KB, 643x671px)
bugpond2.png
366KB, 643x671px
Would you raise a parasitic wasp as your own?
>>
in before those pics of the horrible reality of the thing /v/ post from time to time
>>
File: bugpond3.png (384KB, 643x671px) Image search: [Google]
bugpond3.png
384KB, 643x671px
>>63761751

Don't be silly. Bugs are adorable. They're your friends.
>>
http://youtu.be/XuKjBIBBAL8
>>
>>63761921
That's pretty fucking cool. Is that where the idea for Parasect came from?
>>
>>63761676

Oh, I remember this! When did we stop having threads about this?
>>
File: bugpondvalentine.png (623KB, 1280x1165px)
bugpondvalentine.png
623KB, 1280x1165px
>>63762108

No idea. The comic went on hiatus for a while and /co/ kinda forgot about it. Had a storyline going on too that's taking a short break.
>>
>>63762212

Ah, hiatus, that explains it.
>>
The artist hates us now.
>>
>>63762430

Oh well. We can still enjoy the comic.

4chan ain't for the weak of heart.
>>
>>63762430
cripes neurotic much. Everyone crushing over the Earwig and this one is about to freak because someone might say Poopy
>>
File: Last of Us Clicker.jpg (526KB, 813x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Last of Us Clicker.jpg
526KB, 813x1024px
>>63762061
No, Parasect is a Cordycepts just like this guy
>>
>>63762430
This is my first time even seeing this comic. How did we upset this person now?
>>
>>63762430
Hey BAR if you're reading this I'd like to tell you that you're just another special snowflake you fucking idiot
burn yourself to a crisp
>>
>>63762643

Because 4chan is a very vulgar place and she does a squeaky-clean comic and seems very uncomfortable when it comes to vulgarity or crudeness.

Nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>63762430
Well at least they got told to ignore 4chan instead of do stupid shit like change their comic to be less appealing or something.
>>
File: 1405204833488.png (27KB, 268x288px) Image search: [Google]
1405204833488.png
27KB, 268x288px
>>63762430
everytime
>>
>>63762596
>Some current and former Cordyceps species are able to affect the behaviour of their insect host: Ophiocordyceps unilateralis (formerly Cordyceps unilateralis) causes ants to climb a plant and attach there before they die. This ensures the parasite's environment is at an optimal temperature and humidity, and that maximal distribution of the spores from the fruit body that sprouts out of the dead insect is achieved.
That's what it says on the wiki page.
>>
Well. At least there are other webcomic artists that still like us. Right?

...R-...right?
>>
>>63763029
...Well, there's Ronnie.

But that's about it.
>>
>>63763029
It's never not going to be cool to hate 4chan.

But we'll let it happen. Because we can take it. We're a pretty big website...
>>
>>63763142

Morbi likes us! He still shows up to threads!

And that dude who draws It Hurts!

There's three! We're not totally despised!

Oh, and that guy who does Lucy. We made a lot of lewds the other day.
>>
>>63763174
Does it really count when the artists actually goes to 4chan?
>>
>>63763212
Well hating 4chan without going there or realizing its not just /b/ is pretty petty or uninformed, so there's that.
>>
>>63762581
>>63762430

Dude, most webcomic artists are neurotic wrecks, fwump is basically the day to day life of the majority of them.

The more productive the artist, the more neurotic they are usually - the saner ones are the lazy ones who don't update regularly.
>>
>>63763174

There's always Chochi. Chochi knows. He understands.
>>
>>63763029

Kazerad pops in now and then

Plague of Gripes likes us, but he's a cartoon guy not a webcomic guy.

I think the Unsounded artist likes us too
>>
File: lucyb.jpg (90KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
lucyb.jpg
90KB, 500x375px
>>63763291

We had a huge thread about Lucy the other day where Ssorobo showed up. He seemed to get a kick out of it.
>>
>>63762430
To be honest, coming too much on 4chan is just as bad as comming too much on tumblr or DA or any forum to discuss your work, it usually end up with low grade pandering after a while.
>>
>>63762673
>seems very uncomfortable when it comes to vulgarity or crudeness.
>Nothing wrong with that.

The concept of adulthood and maturity should really give people more spice. Being offended by simple vulgarity is not nomal or healthy, just because you don't like something doesn't mean you shuodl cut it out of your life and fight against it forever.
>>
>>63764654

Vulgarity has nothing to do with adulthood or maturity. Children can be very vulgar as well.

Jokes about feces are vulgar, that doesn't make them mature.
>>
>>63764907
And now you completely ignored and rewriten the point. It's not about the maturity of the thing, it's about how you react to it. If you can't live with something as insignificant as bad words, you aren't mature. If you actively fear and flee fro places because you were "offended", then you aren't mature.
>>
>>63764956
>If you can't live with something as insignificant as bad words, you aren't mature.

Why not? If you dislike something then why shouldn't you distance yourself from it? Are mature people obligated to immerse themselves in things they dislike?
>>
File: Giant Hornet.jpg (42KB, 600x414px) Image search: [Google]
Giant Hornet.jpg
42KB, 600x414px
>>63761676
>Would you raise a parasitic wasp as your own?

It's cute that you don't the truth already.
>>
>>63762430

>been nothing but complimentary to the comic
>hates us anyway cause 4chan is "that place"

Wow, that really is neurotic. And to think she actually drew something for us once.

Apparently Ronnie is the only webcomic artist who doesn't have an irrational problem with /co/.
>>
>>63765915

>Defending 4chan

Let's be honest. We're pretty awful.
>>
>>63765960

We are, but what bothers me is how her opinion flip-flopped from originally liking us cause we liked her comic, to now suddenly being insulted BECAUSE we like it. If she just consistently disliked us or had no opinion it wouldn't be as bothersome.

Is it really so hard for an artist to just appreciate that people enjoy your comic, regardless of who they are? Fuck I wouldn't care if rapists liked my art, cause hey, I'm getting a positive critique.
>>
>>63765915
>>63766050
I don't think it's hatred. I think she's just frightened of 4chan. I mean, this is the board where guys jerk off to everything with two legs (and a few things with no legs, or 20 legs). It's intimidating. It's like having a creepy ex-convict neighbor that sometimes invites you over for dinner; they haven't done anything wrong, but you fear what'll happen if you do get close, and you're worried about why they're interested in you.
>>
File: HarpyHumphrey8.jpg (436KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
HarpyHumphrey8.jpg
436KB, 1280x1280px
>>63763029

I'm not sure if she "likes us" but Brianne Drouhard (she made the Princess Amethyst shorts and does the Harpy Gee webcomic) came by a couple weeks ago and drew some fanart for her fans. Pic related.

She even complimented a drawfag's picture. It was a futa picture.
>>
>>63764956

She didn't even say anything about being offended or retreating into a place. All she said was that she wasn't sure if she liked the idea of being liked by 4chan. If anyone's being immature about this, it's you. You're getting as self-righteous and defensive as Mort from Anime Club.
>>
>>63762673
I knew this person. She's hardcore into ponies. Even goes to cons. I think she's had her fair share of vulgarity, knowing what kinds of people she's had to be around.

Something's up here. She must think we're pretty bad.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.