[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /ck/ I just made a lovely recipe for some pork that I had

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: pork1.jpg (87KB, 852x640px) Image search: [Google]
pork1.jpg
87KB, 852x640px
Hey /ck/
I just made a lovely recipe for some pork that I had last night. It was delicious so I thought I should share.

Balsam-glazed Double Cooked Pork

Serves 2
Ingredients:
500 gram pork loin (preferably a single piece)
1 small onion
1 carrot
3 cloves garlic
½ tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon oil (doesn’t matter what kind, just not olive oil)
1 teaspoon sesame oil (preferably black)
2 teaspoon white sugar
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon Chinese cooking wine
1 teaspoon salt (for brine)
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
Instructions
1. Add the salt for brining and 2 cups of cold water to a large bowl. Place pork in the bowl and set aside for between 15 minutes and 2 hours
2. Finely dice the onion and carrot. Add olive oil to a very small pan or pot and bring to a medium temperature. Place onions in the pot and cook for approximately 3 minutes. Whilst cooking the onions, proceed to finely cut the garlic. When finished cutting the garlic it should be time to put the garlic with the onions. Add sugar, sesame oil, pepper and cooking wine.
3. After 5 minutes add the carrot, salt and balsamic vinegar. Reduce temperature to as low as possible and occasionally stir. If small bubbles are not appearing after 5 minutes, add 1 more teaspoon of sugar. Cook for 5 more minutes then turn off the heat.
4. Get a large pan. Add cooking oil to the pan and bring to a very high heat. Once pan is hot add the pork. Sear all sides until quite dark brown (3-5 minutes per side). Once the entire surface of the pork is thoroughly browned remove the pork to rest for 3 minutes or so.
5. Bring oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Oil a baking dish very lightly and place the pork in the oven. Cook pork for 15 minutes, flip and cook for another 15 minutes.
6. In the last 5 minutes of baking the pork bring the sauce to a low heat.
7. Remove pork and rest for 10 minutes.
8. Serve by adding sauce to the top of the pork. Goes well with creamy mashed potatoes and roasted garlic.
>>
>>8378168
Apologies for the shit picture, it was a test meal.
>>
>>8378169
better off apologising to the pig that was killed to make that dry looking abomination
>>
>>8378191
It really wasn't dry. The surface had a crunch sure, but the inside was quite moist.
>>
File: v3.jpg (12KB, 400x263px) Image search: [Google]
v3.jpg
12KB, 400x263px
>>8378168
remind me to never eat food made by you
>>
Balsamic != balsam
>>
>>8378168
> 1 teaspoon salt (for brine)
> and 2 cups of cold water
that's not a brine, it's a bacterial bubble bath
> 2 teaspoon white sugar
you are Amerilard
> carrot cubes 10 minutes on low heat
you like to step on Legos too, don't you?
> cooking oil to the pan
that is what the sesame oil is for, retard. cooking stuff with high heat
> sear all sides
without drying it and seasoning it first? how will you get a proper sear, fucktardo?
> 30 minutes in the oven at 180
enjoy your chewy rubber ducky I guess
> roasted garlic
barf
>>
>>8378305
>not using sesame oil for its beautiful nutty flavor

I know, not enough calories for an american such as yourself
>>
>>8378320
the beautiful nutty flavor gets even nuttier if you heat said oil
> an american
u wot m8?
>>
>>8378305
Yo this dude is being a an aggro dick, but only because your recipe is imprecise and basic. I support both his critiques and his attitude.

Other points:

-brining doesn't work over a period of 15 - 120 minutes. Give that shit a day you fuckhead. Or you can dry brine and not deal with liquids.

-Calling this double cooked pork is dumb. Double cooked (in an asian sense, and sensibly in general) refers to slowly cooking a piece of meat to desired tenderness, then shocking it with very high heat to add some crunch. It is not a word describing the generic procedure wherein almost any piece of meat benefits from a sear before slower cooking.

-too much garlic

- with the cooking wine and straight sugar, the sweetness of the carrot is going to be overshadowed. In fact, everything in that dish sounds like it's going to be overshadowed by refined sugar and balsamic vinegar. Normally, one would call this "balsamic glazed pork loin", because that's what it wants to be, and stop pretending its anything meaningful. You can balsamic glaze anything and it'll taste fine, just like those ready made meals you probably like.

- If you're going to try to make yourself sound precise and knowledgeable, don't mix grams and non precise measurements in the same recipe. If you assume they've got a scale, assume they'll use it to measure everything, and to ensure that the recipe is replicabale. If you're assuming that, why don't you put up a recipe that is anything more interesting than "balsamic glazed pork loin". In fact, if you assume that level of competence, ditch the stupid times, irregular measurements, and basic (not to mention boring and ill-suited accompaniment recommendations) and write:

"Do a balsamic glazed pork loin with some Asian notes" Maybe serve it with a choi of some kind to point out that you're making the obvious chinese-italian connection, and add least put some ginger or scallion in the dish if you want it to be so bleeding obvious.
>>
>>8378340
Here's how I would have made this post, just for a basic picture:

-Do a balsamic glazed pork loin, with the addition of ginger and asian cooking wine for spice and sweetness instead of sugar.

-A side of a pungent asian green or mustard greens.

-Serve with shredded pickled carrots and a steam bun for easy "fusion tacos" you worthless piece of shit..

-Don't stop posting, but do think before you put out the (worse formatted) equivalent of a four star allrecipes.com recipe that isn't even trying to be interesting while failing on most fronts.

-Good luck, fuckhead
>>
>>8378340
I'll generally accept your criticisms, and the aggro dudes. Honestly, it was written up quickly as I made it last night and enjoyed it.

Double cooked though. Well, I was using the jiangsu style of redcooking, where you brown at a high temperature then slow cook. I'm familiar with the order you mentioned but the system I used works well in red cooking, so i tried it.

I've got to take extreme umbrage at you saying I like ready made meals though. I honestly haven't eaten one in the last 5 years, unless a rare frozen pizza counts.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.