[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is my wedding menu too conflicting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_9971.png (518KB, 561x830px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9971.png
518KB, 561x830px
I'm planning a wedding feast for a small group of people and this is what I was thinking:

1. Fresh spring rolls with peanut sauce
2. Avacado with crab salad
3. Citrus-based salad
4. Borsht (vegetarian)
5. Paella (seafood plus chicken/chorizo)
6. Cake (almond and marzipan)

I'm just worried that a lot of this wouldn't fit well together and that it might all be too heavy. I thought I should get opinions from the refined palate of /ck/
>>
>>7380388
I meant to add that I was just picking food that I liked and that's it.

Also forgot to add oysters on the half shell as a potential cocktail snack.
>>
Your menu is all over the place. And while that works well as a potluck, it's a bad thing in a "planned" menu.
>>
just like the previous cu/ck/ said, try to go with a theme in your food and not mix asian with hispanic etc
>>
File: 10710906-13943217-thumbnail.jpg (102KB, 450x616px) Image search: [Google]
10710906-13943217-thumbnail.jpg
102KB, 450x616px
>>7380416
That's what I was worried about.

It's in November so I had hoped to add in some "fall" type stuff but none came to mind for my favorite foods.

Should I get rid of the borsht and crab salad? Those don't seem to fit well.

I'll just dump another cake just because.
>>
>>7380427
It's still not cohesive enough, you're mixing too many types of cuisines.

Doesn't your partner get any say in the foods you'll be serving? Why is this about your favourite foods?
>>
>>7380427
Crab is more spring/ light dish in my mind.

The spring rolls and citrus salad will work together.

The borscht and paella will not.
>>
>>7380454
I was just told it was all up to me, I have certainly asked for opinions and got little to no feedback. And yeah, it is too scattered without a doubt. Even the caterer (though I haven't really started the entire process) just told me to think of foods I liked, so I imagine/hope they will narrow things down from there.

Thanks for the help.
>>
>>7380388
Lot of seafood and nut-based dishes. I hope this is a really small group that you know doesn't have allergies.
>>
>>7380427
The spring rolls and citrus salad work together. Nothing else does.

Crabbit and avocado is a soring/summer dish nor a fall dish.
>>
File: 1455270038865.png (444KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1455270038865.png
444KB, 800x600px
>tfw I go to a wedding and they don't serve profiteroles

Honestly wouldn't have went if I knew they didn't have profiteroles.

Just my opinion.
>>
>>7380467
No allergies and most like seafood/nuts (only like 25 people total).

>>7380483
I was considering a dessert table and they were on the menu, still have to hear from the baker.
>>
>>7380463
You only really need to pick one dish that you personally like. It's not like you'll be eating every single one.
>>
>>7380469
I would have hoped the citrus salad would work with the paella as they would go in courses, not on the same plate.
>>
>>7380498
You could argue for it. Like a crops chef's salad.

But the paella won't work with the peanut sauce spring roll. And the borscht isn't friend with anything.
>>
>>7380523
Crisp* darn auto correct
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.