[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best way to cook spinach so it's not all slimy? I want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1xcw4b.png (14KB, 411x419px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1xcw4b.png
14KB, 411x419px
Best way to cook spinach so it's not all slimy? I want to eat more greens.
>>
steam
>>
Its better uncooked.
>>
>>7377055
Do not cook it
>>
blanch it
>>
>>7377055
Either don't cook it, or you cook it on low so long that everything evaporates.
>>
why would you cook it

warm it maybe
>>
>>7377055
Eat spinach soup. It's tasty as fuck.
>>
>>7377413
you don't get all the nutrients out of spinach unless it reaches a certain temperature; kind of like tea.
>>
>>7378205
the only way spinachsoup is good is with a buttload of boiled eggs
>>
>>7377055
What are you doing to it to get it slimy? I've never had spinach that seemed slimy at all.
>>
>>7377055
Buy a bunch of baby spinach, then blend it along with blueberries and yogurt. Honey is optional. Adjust the ratio of spinach to blueberries until you can no longer taste the spinach.
>>
>>7377055
cheese and spinach quiche
>>
File: pic0oYNQu.jpg (148KB, 555x416px) Image search: [Google]
pic0oYNQu.jpg
148KB, 555x416px
Spanakopita
>>
>>7377055
I usually panfry it. Use some olive oil, wait for it to heat, put the spinach in little by little and waith for it to shrink. Then add it to your pasta or whatever.

Make sure you use a big pan though. I love it with penne, tomato sauce and ricotta.
>>
>>7378576
If you cook it in oil or water it has a soggy texture. I don't think he meant slime was coming off of it, and I think you knew what he meant.
>>
i put it in my omelettes
>>
I like to make garlic spinach. Retains a bit of its non-slimy texture and garlic is delicious. All measurements are to taste so just make it how you want.

>finely dice or chop fresh garlic
>heat in a bit of olive oil on medium heat
>stir around until barely browned/golden color
>toss in spinach leaves (it will reduce A LOT so you can put quite a bit in
>mix around thoroughly until all leaves are wilted
>put lid on pan/pot
>allow to steam for about 5 minutes
>remove lid and increase heat to high and add a bit of butter and salt/pepper
>saute around until butter is melted
>enjoys glorious garlicky spinach
>>
Kale, collard greens etc don't get as mushy as spinach does.
>>
Put it in a salad instead of cooking it. Or make a soup.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.