[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys i made some french bread yesterday and it turned ou

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: french bread.jpg (366KB, 1024x637px) Image search: [Google]
french bread.jpg
366KB, 1024x637px
Hey guys i made some french bread yesterday and it turned out a little too dense and hard. How can i make it more light and fluffy like the shit you get from jewel.Please give me tips or a better recipe. Here is the recipe i used

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/gold-medal-classic-french-bread/ca03182a-5970-44a3-83b5-3c719b852dac.
>>
>>7375916
Getting those fluffy air pockets is really hard, I never figured it out
>>
Cover the whole thing in an aluminum foil tent, you can reuse the foil many times. Also try putting ice cubes in a pan on the bottom rack directly underneath the bread-pan, so the foil tent will catch the steam and help the bread rise.

You could also try putting the dough in before the oven is done preheating, with the foil on, ice cubes, and all that.

Basically what is happening with your bread is a hard crust is forming and preventing the bread from rising in the oven.
>>
>>7375916
Goddam, it's not rocket science. That crust looks like crap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_c53AYZMGM
>>
>>7375944
First legit comment. You now have the gods favor
>>
Let it rise overnight in the fridge.
>>
>>7375916
>>7375926
>>7375944
>>7375983
>>7375990
>>7375995
Use a water roux
>>
>>7375926
Just let it rise?
>>
>>7375916
Most home bakers do two things wrong. They don't knead enough, and they make the dough too dry.

The wetter the dough, the bigger the crumb. Because of elasticity - the dough needs to be loose enough to expand under the tiny pressure of the CO2 being made by the yeast.

If you have that grainy, biscuity crumb density typical of home breads, knead more. A hand mixer helps, so does a good ole baking mixer. I let mine run on low for at least an hour.

I know - wetter doughs stick. Add a little olive oil. Like about a teaspoon per cup of flour. Then just deal with it.

Bakers talk in terms of "percentage hydration" - 60% will give you that big open crumb like you find in ciabatta.
>>
>>7376345
Where did you learn that?
>>
>>7375916
Leave the dough soft as you can before baking and let it rise longer.
So easy.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.