[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you survive off of yams and butter with all nutrient needs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

Can you survive off of yams and butter with all nutrient needs satisfied like you can with potatoes and butter?
>>
For what purpose? This is a cooking board. Unless you have a genuine plan to do this, it is academic. Academic discussions should be taken to /sci/. Good day sir.
>>
>>7375427
Niggers starve in Africa, so unless butter is bringing something special to the table, I'd say no.
>>
File: yams.jpg (73KB, 699x599px) Image search: [Google]
yams.jpg
73KB, 699x599px
>>7375427
Those are sweet potatoes, anon. Yams are very different.
>>
File: i yam what i yam.jpg (19KB, 300x299px) Image search: [Google]
i yam what i yam.jpg
19KB, 300x299px
>>7375470
>>
>>7375434
With that logic all restauraunt threads should go to /biz/
>>
>>7375496
I wish all five guys shill threads went to /biz/.

A man can dream.
>>
>>7375496
What? If you plan to or have been to a restaurant and ate the food, it is /ck/ related.

If you are merely talking about the commercial side of the business then yes it should go to biz
>>
>>7375434
I bet all you want in /ck/ are fucking Jack threads.
>>
>>7375520
No I want threads about food (to be eaten) and cooking. Not academic discussions which use food as a pretense to really discuss the needs of the human body.
>>
Yams or potatoes, and butter do not satisfy all nutrient needs. In particular, assuming a 2500 calorie intake, that kind of diet would be deficient in vitamins E, K, B2 (riboflavin), B9 (folate), B12, calcium, zinc, manganese, selenium, protein as well as essential fatty acids alpha-linolenic and linoleic acid. Compared to potatoes, yams also lack Vitamin B3 (niacin), although a 2000 calorie portion of yams provides the recommended daily amount of manganese.

Butter contains practically no micronutrients so I have no idea how you figured that butter is even relevant. Butter only contains significant micronutrients if it has been fortified. Then you might as well take a supplement instead.
>>
>>7375427
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXV39QEsjnI
>>
>>7375434
Believe it or not I actually did think of doing exactly that since I figured /ck/ probably wouldn't know, but I posted here anyway
>>
>>7375434
>Academic discussions should be taken to /sci/
I went on /sci/ once and there was a gigantic thread about whether or not keeping one's body in shape is relevant in these modern times. I haven't been back since then and wouldn't recommend anyone to go there
>>
>>7375524
why would that possibly upset you?
>>
>>7375530
>I have no idea how you figured

It's commonly stated that potatoes have tiny amounts of everything needed except for b12 which could then be obtained in butter being that it's an animal product
>>
>>7375549
Both of those things are wrong though. All of the nutrients I listed are found neither in butter nor in potatoes, in amounts that would be nutritionally adequate. Butter is a poor source of vitamin B12. It would be much more intelligent to eat eggs instead of butter, if one were to consume as limited a diet as possible.

Most foods have "tiny amounts of everything", but you need to consume a specific amount of each nutrient in order to meet your requirements.
>>
>>7375549
We've all heard this meme, it's been proven untrue a number of times.

But even giving it the benefit of the doubt, a human being forced or forcing themselves to eat only potatos and butter every day is going to go insane very quickly.
>>
>>7375539
The conclusion was yes and it turns out /sci/ and /fit/ share a large userbase, but whatever, it's better to judge a book it's cover.
>>
>>7375539
i agree, jews should move to /b/
>>
>>7375434
Fuck off you autist.
>>
>>7375440
Butter has a lot of good stuff in it.
>>
King of crops!
>>
>>7375532
came here to sampost
>>
>>7375427
You certainly can, perhaps even better considering that Yams have more nutrients, but you would be seriously lacking in protien
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.