[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Don't ever listen to America's Test Kitchen. They don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: alton brown.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
alton brown.png
1MB, 1280x720px
Don't ever listen to America's Test Kitchen. They don't know what the fuck they're doing.
>>
>>7372957
>Don't ever listen to /ck/. They don't know what the fuck they're doing.

I agree.
>>
>>7372957
i like them
>>
>>7372957
good point, excellent example, valid and sound argument, well cited, quality post.
>>
>>7372957
you have swayed me, and anon's approval (>>7373309) makes me feel a greater appreciation for the essential points in your argument.
>>
>>7373309
once upon a time americas test kitchen said you should only buy farm raised salmon because you can be sure of the quality, where as wild caught varies between fish
>>
File: han123915.gif (782KB, 320x270px) Image search: [Google]
han123915.gif
782KB, 320x270px
everyone raves about my desserts when i use one of their recipes.

op, i'm just going to assume you don't know how or can't afford to get quality ingredients and/or equipment.
>>
>>7372957
They taught me how to cook perfect hard/soft boiled eggs plus I like Julia.
>>
>>7373391
That almost sounds legit; however, I have been watching the show for over a decade, as well as reading Cooks Illustrated, and I've never actually heard them say anything like that.

I do concede that Chris Kimball is an enormous faggot with poor taste, worthy of ridicule and derision.
>>
>>7373457
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R78bU2rY7dM
>>
>>7373471
You were right, I don't remember this episode. Despite the fact they made some salient points, I can't and won't debate the merits of their argument though, because I've never looked into, or really even thought about farm v. wild salmon.

Now, does this mean they really don't know what the fuck they're doing, and are so wrong about everything they've ever done that we shouldn't ever listen to them?
>>
>>7373449
The half inch water method? That's a useful one.
>>
>>7373512
to me if anybody is saying farm raised anything is better quality than a wild version their entire opinion should immediately be in question

it seems clear the only merit he got this job on is being married to one of the major players in the show
>>
>>7373566

Chris Kimball is a dumb twat, that is not in question--but you're the kind of person who thinks GMO's are evil. Talk about 'opinion: discarded.'
>>
>>7373824
>you're the kind of person who thinks GMO's are evil
no I'm not

I'm stating an objective fact that animals which get exercise and eat a varied diet taste better than the ones which sit around all day and eat nothing but bland grians
>>
>>7373875
Except that taste is subjective. The objective thing to do would be to compare their nutritional value.
>>
>>7373924
taste is only subjective because some people have a better sense of it than others. people with a stronger sense of taste will always choose the more complex item, so I'm not concerned with what corn fed well done steak with a side of ranch eaters do
>>
I'd fuck Julia.
>>
>>7372957

Chris Kimball is an official white J Kenji Lopez-Cuck.

they are the same faggot in different skins. that said, if you can disregard the faggotry they do some neeat stuff in ATK, my criticism would be that all their cooks are basically hotel trained, so if you can't julienne, dice, braise and Maillard it in a steel saute pan, they fuck it all up. Absolute shit at Indian and Chinese for example.
>>
File: Justin Wilson.jpg (17KB, 225x222px) Image search: [Google]
Justin Wilson.jpg
17KB, 225x222px
lmao that four eyed nerd on there is such a DORK and nobody watches his dumb show they all watch pic related :D
>>
They have the absolute most convoluted way of making chocolate ganache. I tried it once and all I ended up doing was creating a thousand dishes.
>never straying from the double boiler method again
>>
>>7374381
How is it even possible to make ganache complicated?
>>
>>7374046
>Indian and Chinese

Well, it IS ^America's^ Test Kitchen.
>>
>>7373566
Wild vs. farm-raised isn't a matter of quality as they are two completely different things. Farmed salmon are much fattier and can taste awesome but there are some recipes where only really fresh chinook or sockeye will work.
>>
>>7372957
It seems like they over complicate the shit out of everything so it takes forever to follow even their simpler recipes, but they always turn out pretty well in my experience.
>>
>>7373977
I'm guessing you'd fuck a cow too.
>>
>>7375420
This, there is very little that ATC does that's "quick 'n' easy" but the results are amazing and with one or two exceptions everything I've made from them has been well worth the effort. If you want easy watch Rae Rae.
>>
>>7375447
Those beautiful Arian features and big doe eyes that are longingly looking to please don't make you want to just skull fuck her?

I figure that's why Kimball is always pissed. The execs prolly frown on him doing that on camera.
>>
Well duh! They blatantly admit to being American, of course they can't be trusted in the kitchen!
>>
>>7375621
I would ride Julia's granny buns until my creme fraiche ferments on her back.
>>
>>7375608
Whenever I make their recipes, I never follow them word for word. If you do that, they turn out bland and uninspired. The silver lining is the method they use is usually good. That is, unless they throw some retarded alton-brown-tier autistic steps that aren't worth the fucking time for barely noticeable results.
>>
>>7373457
they didn't renew his contract so it should be good with that nice lady as the host from now on
>>
>>7375854
>they didn't renew his contract

That. Is. Fucking. Awesome.

So is it going to be Bridget or Julia?
>>
>>7375854
>didn't renew his contract
He left the company.
>>
>>7373956

>>people with a stronger sense of taste will always choose the more complex item

oh?
>>
>>7375773
her hubby is ugly af
>>
>>7376031
>He predicted the company, which employs 180 people, will “survive, but it will go through an abrupt transition.”

My money is on them mixing it up - a Guy Fieri style.

What's with Adam Ried? Seems like an ex-boxer that got knocked out a few too many times.
>>
>>7372957
nah man the chocolate bundt cake is bomb af

the secret is chocolate

and cocoa
>>
>>7372957
Their 1" braising method was pretty good, and I still use it, but most of their advice is shit.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.