[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>at ruth chris' >order my steak blue rare >waitress

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 9

>at ruth chris'
>order my steak blue rare
>waitress says ok
>manager comes out and tells me they won't cook it like that
>sarcastically asks for it to be very well done
>they actually do it

Shit place
>>
they probably refused serving it blue rare due to "possible health and safety" issues due to it being raw on the inside. hence why they had no qualms about it being served well done since they don't have that issue to contend with.
>>
>>7370284
that sounds like you had a rough day champ, atleast your parents picked up the bill
>>
>>7370284
Blue rare is gross and you are an asshole idiot
>>
>>7370284
Ever heard of Legal Liability?
They don't want to be sued because you might "claim" their food gave you food poisoning... even if YOU order a giant plate of food poisoning, they don't want to be liable for your ass.

You want Blue Rare?
"Warm" it yourself at home

At a restaurant, just order Rare and be happy with it if you want a steak that bleeds
>>
lmao when you leave the restaurant you swing thru the trees with a bone thru ur nose to get to your mud hut, take a dump and wipe your butt with a pine cone and tell ur family goodnite by saying click click click lmao :D
>>
Eating steak blue-rare is idiotic. Raw fat and sinew is chewy even in the highest quality beef. In carpaccio and tartare the toughness is mitigated by thinly slicing or chopping the beef. Even Wagyu sashimi is sliced pretty thin.
>>
>>7370384
>and tell ur family goodnite by saying click click click
I-is he a spider?
>>
>>7370284

you went to a place that is famous for having good steak.

This place charges a relatively large amount of money for said steak.

This place is successful and filled with people that eat the steak

Why tf didn't you say, "please bring the steal the way the chef feels it is best"

Fuckin Applebees, man, you need to give them some direction but if a nigga is bringing you a $51 plate of steak, why would you not assume they know what is up?
>>
>>7370284
its probably because you forgot to order it with the e.coli on the side
>>
>>7370447
>Swahili
>>
>>7370284
>>manager comes out and tells me they won't cook it like that

red flag that they probably skirt (or even ignore) food safety regulations
>>
>went to Morton's Steakhouse with friends once
>get a steak or whatever
>they ask how I want it
>say rare
>they say the way they cook it rare makes it slightly cold in the middle
>what the fuck
>ask for medium rare instead
>>
>>7370708

sounds good desu
>>
>>7370708
that's not unusual. they obviously keep their raw steaks properly chilled and they go straight onto a fuck hot grill, so they will go from raw to blue & rare before the inside of a 1 1/2-2"+ cut will go cold. that's the sign of a decent steakhouse
>>
>>7370707
Other way around senpai

>don't want to get in trouble getting sued
>don't want to get in trouble with subpar conditions of the meat
>>
>>7370717

Yea but as a consumer of meat I don't want to eat it cold. That just sounds disgusting.
>>
>>7370753
how is it the other way around? if they used fresh meat and kept it properly stored/refrigerated prior to service and if they keep their line clean then they should have no issues with serving a blue steak.
>>
>>7370764
next time ask for well done then
>>
>>7370767

anon pls I just want to make 4chan happy with my patrician choice of steak cook and also enjoy it without being cold
>>
>>7370764
what the fuck do you care about disgusting, you wanted it rare in the first place you dumb piece of shit
>>
>>7370717
>they obviously keep their raw steaks properly chilled

you aren't supposed to throw a cold steak on a hot grill. Ideally the steak should be warmer than fridge temp.

Being a restaurant they have to follow health and safety and probably just have them preprepared and trimmed in a cooler and throw it directly on the grill.
>>
>>7370284
Op has every right to be pissed
An expensive restaurant that markets themselves as THE steakhouse but can't do a blue rare? Fuck them, shitty chain restaurant
I've cooked blue rare steaks for people plenty of times & I was working at a high end italian place
If you're afraid to cook a blue rare steak it means you don't know your distributor & product well enough to know it's safe to eat
>>
>>7370441

it's fine with fillet
>>
>>7371248

>you aren't supposed to throw a cold steak on a hot grill. Ideally the steak should be warmer than fridge temp.

it really does not matter
>>
>>7370292
More like their meat isnt nearly as high quality as their price point justifies and don't believe they can serve blue rare without poisoning their customers.

That or their storage and handling of their raw meat is shitty and the manager knows
>>
>>7372351

It's aged steak. uncooked aged steak is fucking disgusting, it smells like your socks after you wear them for a week straight
>>
File: 17251677.gif (2MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
17251677.gif
2MB, 350x197px
>>7370384
>>
>>7372473
So, not too bad then.
>>
>>7370292
but any idiot who has taken a serv safe class knows that's bunko, with whole muscle meat as long as the outside gets a good hot sear to kill any possible microbes then it's all good
>>
>>7372614
not if they use frequently de-frosted/re-frozen meat during service. or use extremely cheap quality meat which was mechanically tenderized (i.e. had fucking holes punched in it)
>>
>>7372631
I don't understand why places do that, it's not really much more expensive to buy whol ribeye/tenderloin etc... and cut your own steaks
>>
>>7370284
accepting "blue rare" orders is an easy way to lose money because of how often people send back those steaks. You can't uncook a steak so you end up wasting one or multiple steaks, depending on how much of a pedant your customer is
>>
>>7372638
jews
>>
>>7372643
I thought the jews took their food seriously
>>
File: tipping intensifies.gif (134KB, 287x344px) Image search: [Google]
tipping intensifies.gif
134KB, 287x344px
>>7370284
>>
>>7372649
they take their Shekels even more seriously
>>
>>7372640
are you retarded? if a steak is sent back for being UNDERCOOKED then you simply put it back on the fire
>>
>>7370320
But it's not blood. Blood has a very specific taste, you ever licked a cut on your arm or something? Gums bleed when you brush your teeth? Whatever it is inside rare steak, it's not blood.
>>
>>7370284
>ask for something
>get it
WHY CAN'T PLACES CATER TO MY AUTISM!?
>>
>>7370384
Are you on drugs?
>>
>>7370753
no, he was right.

if the meat was properly stored, prepared and is from good stock, there is minimal risk of any parasite, contamination or poisoning to the client.
>>
>>7372940
Minimal is not none
If you own a business. You'd know how much headache one major complaint can make.
Better than have 100 aspies angry they couldn't get a raw steak than 1 one who got food poisoning.
>>
>>7372947
false

if the client ordered a blue, then its on his own recognizance and risk.

a quality establishment with quality steaks will not refuse to prepare a steak blue, except if it is a cut unsuitable to be eaten blue, at which point they will kindly advise the client against it.
>>
File: hand.jpg (108KB, 948x461px) Image search: [Google]
hand.jpg
108KB, 948x461px
>>7372932
>Mr. Hand
>>
>>7372952
>talking our your ass
Stop it
>>
>>7372952
>if the client ordered a blue, then its on his own recognizance and risk.
Try telling that to a lawsuit.
>>
>>7372986
Menus always say "consumption of raw beef or whatever may lead to diseases and shit"
>>
>>7372022
It really matters a lot.
>>
>>7373593
>>7373593
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45Ch3PMDe30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLWsEg1LmaE

SCIENCE, BITCH.
>>
>>7372878
it's protein water that's colored red because of the iron in the meat
>>
>>7370765
the fact you are this willingly ignorant about liability tells me its your bedtime
>>
>how you want your steak senpai?
>just sear my shit for about 5 seconds up
>im not going to do that senpai
>>
>>7372022
Of course it matters
The outside will cook faster than the inside
Common sense
>>
File: 1395066191137.jpg (34KB, 447x453px) Image search: [Google]
1395066191137.jpg
34KB, 447x453px
>it's a steak thread
>your response will be "t. well-donefag"
>>
>>7375073
except in the case of a steak you WANT the inside to be UNCOOKED or closer to RARE than the inside. otherwise you wind up with horrible, undesired grey bands on the inside of your steak. it's EXACTLY why EXTREME HIGH TEMP is desired when cooking steak, so you can quickly sear the outside without cooking the inside unintentionally. but unless you own a 1200F industrial flash grill, and instead are cooking on cast iron or a home grill, the best you can do is ensure your steaks are relatively cold before you put them on the fire. Refer to >>7373653
>>
File: 1448410552816.gif (1MB, 500x454px) Image search: [Google]
1448410552816.gif
1MB, 500x454px
>>7370294
>>
>>7370456
>why would you not assume they know what is up?
The fact that they wont serve blue-rare is a good indication.
>>
>>7375127
>t. well-donefag
What does the t actually stand for? I had never seen this prior to you faggots constantly memeing it.
>>
i specifically request that my steak be burnt.

and i eat it with ketchup

i would look in your eye and smile while eating burnt steak with ketchup

this is NOT bait.

also i think you people that eat steak rare are just trying to be cool.
>>
>>7372997
Yeah, because a sentence on a menu is a legally binding fucking contact.
>>
>>7375638
It's short for terveisin which is Finnish for yours(the one at the end of a letter)/regards.
>>
>>7370284
>Be a dick
>People are a dick right back and then you charge you money
>You pay it

lol jeez you're a dick and a pussy
>>
>>7370320
Law student here

restaurants cant be held liable if you get food poisoning. it's part of the inherent risk that you as a consumer take on yourself when you go out to eat somewhere.

at least in the US it is the law, not sure about the rest of the world.
>>
>>7370292

Most likely because their meat is frozen...
>>
>>7373653
>SCIENCE, BITCH.
You get lost on the way to Reddit?
>>
>>7372878

It's myoglobin
>>
>>7375700
I really doubt that's true.
>>
>>7375700

actual law student here.

restaurants can absolutely be held liable. the problem is proving the connection between what you ate and the effects that follow, i.e. can you show the food was negligently prepared, do you have a sample of the food to test for contamination, has there been a recall on the product, etc. depends on the state too, and what the standard of liability is.
>>
>>7370384
I believe he is trying to say that only niggers like well done steak. As a waiter, I can confirm this.
>>
>>7375987
As a black man eating FUCKIN ALMOST RAW MEAT scares the shit out of me
>>
>>7375700
Law student who actually passed his classes here.
You have a reasonable expectation food will be safe to eat at a restaurant.
It's literally a product liability case. Choking on a bone is an inherent risk of eating ribs. Getting Salmonella due to using rotten meat or cross contamination is a product liability tort.
>>
>just had a 6oz iron flat well-done steak
>enjoyed it
>this frustrated /ck/
>>
living in an apartment with a shitty electric stove, and it's too cold to grill outside right now

is there any chance in hell I could make a decent steak on my stove? I know it won't be steakhouse tier but I'm really interested in getting some of the basics down.

if so, what cut would be best for electric stovetop cooking?
>>
>>7370284
People who go less cooked than medium well disgust me. You want a fucking raw hunk of meat go hunting you worthless scum.
>>
>>7376711
>eating rare venison.

That's disgusting.
>>
>>7376725
>eating rare meat.

That's disgusting.
>>
>>7376208
Get civilized m8. You'll learn one day; best steak is raw steak.
>>
>>7376668
Do you have an oven? Sear both sides on in a hot pan then finish it in the oven.
>>
>>7370456
Ruth Chris is a silly ripoff for people with more money than sense or cooking ability, or if you want to bring some dumb person out to impress them (a date).
>>
>>7376751
>Get civilized
he says as he wipes the blood dripping from his mouth
If you want to eat like an animal I'm going to treat you like an animal. Hop in the car and we'll visit a butcher and I'll cook you up properly.
>>
>>7376823
>thinks it's blood

You're about as sharp as a bowling ball
>>
>>7376834
I don't give a shit what the red substance is you subhuman scum. Blood is the easy comparison, it isn't actually important whether the uncooked substance on your chin is blood, myoglobin, or your dad's cum. Either way you're still an animal for eating that way.
>>
>>7376838
>it isn't actually important whether the uncooked substance in your glass is blood, wine, or strawberry sauce. Either way you're still an animal for eating that way.
>>
>>7376838
>i won't eat it because it's bloody
but it's not blood
>well then I won't eat it because it's...it's...i don't know!
I pity the woman you trick into fucking you.
>>
>>7370284
It is illegal to serve raw meat or underdone meat without a special inspection license and chef who is registered and properly licensed.

>>7375700
>student

Study harder, kid. You're giving out poor advice.
>>
File: 1344786042163.png (223KB, 321x330px) Image search: [Google]
1344786042163.png
223KB, 321x330px
Blood is a fucking term, you goons.

Jesus christ, are you all children? Ever heard someone order a bloody meat?
>>
1) Ruth Chris' is a really shitty restaurant.

2) Blue rare is the fedora equivalent to a steak

3) This was a bait thread anyway
>>
>>7377053
>I won't cook it because I don't know
Keep trying to pretend you eating like a dog isn't disgusting.
>>
Most restaurants won't serve blue rare due to health liability issues. Of those that do, they will warn you that it will be slightly cold/cool in the center.

It's not like they have cow on site ready to be slaughtered for warm fresh meat.
>>
File: steak.jpg (81KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
steak.jpg
81KB, 640x480px
>>7377241

I tricked someone, who was a well done steak type of person, into eating Medium rare steak(disguised as a steak Diane meal0 and when I told them it wasn't well done, they thanked me and have ordered their steak med or med/rare ever since.

pic related
>>
>>7377295
Yes, many people are uncivilized and have eaten poorly cooked steaks, thank you.
>>
>>7375604
mmmm mayo delicious
>>
>>7377295
that is way overcooked
>>
>>7372878

M Y O G L O B I N
>>
>>7372878
blood is a perfectly acceptable term for it, most people know it's not actual blood, but what else you gonna call it and have people know what you're talking about

>>7377536
you can't own a goblin, that's slavery
>>
>>7377581
I don't think blood is a perfectly acceptable "term" for it because "blood" is a real thing that people know the taste of and will expect when you describe it or something.

Okay, it's red and comes out of meat. It's still not blood. It doesn't taste like blood, which tastes horrible, so why would you care? It's just a piece of fucking meat that tastes really good and nothing like when you scratch yourself on a tree branch and lick the wound or whatever.
I'm just not getting why it's "perfectly acceptable" term for something that it's not. You wouldn't say "clip" is a perfectly acceptable replacement for the term "magazine" even though they're going to get people to understand you.
>>
>>7377621
> You wouldn't say "clip" is a perfectly acceptable replacement for the term "magazine" even though they're going to get people to understand you.
Yes, you would. Fuck off /k/ no one gives a shit about your semantics whether it be in food or in guns.
>>
File: 9143-3327-20716.jpg (18KB, 180x233px) Image search: [Google]
9143-3327-20716.jpg
18KB, 180x233px
OP is full of shit. I worked at Ruth's Chris Steak House in Portland for three years (and the steak in OP's pic did not come from Ruth's I guarantee). We made the steaks however you wanted them. I've seen it all. We had a regular that wanted just 5 seconds on each side. And twice a guy called ahead to have us start his tenderloin. He wanted it ultra well done, to the point it was getting black on the outside and completely desiccated and tough. I don't know why you wouldn't just get a cheaper cut if that's what you wanted done to it.

Anyway, there exists no steakhouse, especially a Ruth's Chris location, that will refuse their customers a blue rare steak.
>>
>Ruth chirs is bad
So is there any other decent steak place then?
Or do I need to go local?
>>
>>7370320

Except blue rare isn't a liability issue because the bacteria is on the surface of the steak. That's basic level cooking knowledge. Searing the steak kills that surface bacteria.

When you grind the meat, all that surface bacteria becomes inside bacteria, and that's why ground beef needs to be cooked well.

I bet you think pork needs to be cooked to well done. Lol.
>>
>>7370441
Tenderloin is fine cooked blue.
>>
>>7370649

Confirmed idiot. The E. Coli isn't in the steak, it's on the surface. Learn to cook while the grown ups talk.
>>
>>7378055
OP confirmed for a fantasist and a general shitcunt.
>>
>>7372986
>>7372997

There's this stuff that some restaurants serve called beef tartare. Perhaps you've heard of it?
>>
>>7376711

Anyone who orders a steak past medium rare doesn't like the taste of beef.
>>
>>7377154

Blue rare is neither raw nor underdone. E. coli is a bacteria of the digestive tract. It isn't found in muscle tissue. During the butchering process, digestive tract contents can contaminate the surface of the muscles (meat). Cook the surface, kill the bacteria. Safe meat.
>>
>>7372614
>>7370284

>but any idiot who has taken a serv safe class knows that's bunko

You know what idiot hasn't taken a Serv safe class?

The customer whose going to sue you when they get an unrelated tummy ache. See >>7370320 , legal liability is such that you can process a civil suit for ANYTHING, it's just a matter of getting a judge that won't laugh it out of court.
Thread posts: 108
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.