[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT : Food and cooking misfortunes which befall you >recepie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: why.png (10KB, 216x233px) Image search: [Google]
why.png
10KB, 216x233px
ITT : Food and cooking misfortunes which befall you

>recepie calls to bring to a boil and then simmer for 7min covered
>it's still slightly bubbling 3min into cooking even with the heat turned down to 2/10
>try to finagle with lifting cover to drop temp but it doesn't help
>have no idea if the food will be burnt or undercooked because of my actions and mechanisms beyond my control

this is the most stressful thing i have done all week
>>
File: 1445697893684.jpg (44KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1445697893684.jpg
44KB, 500x500px
>making chicken and rice
>decide i wouldn't eat more than 1 piece of chicken
>left freezer bag with 3 pieces of breaded chicken breast out for maybe 10-15min
>still felt hard
>terrified they now have horrible food poision diseases and death
>debate throwing bag away
>>
>>7369965
Slight bubbling is simmering, idiot.
>>
>>7369965
A hundred thousand refugees wish they had your stress.
>>
Uhm, my cookies always come with the bottom burned :(
I'm getting an oven thermometer asap.
>>
>>7370069
Use parchment paper.
>>
>>7369984
Simmering is a food preparation technique in which foods are cooked in hot liquids kept just below the boiling point of water
>>
>>7369976
M8 perishable food like meats and all pre-cooked foods have 4 hours in the "danger zone" (40-140 degrees Fahrenheit) before they become unsafe to eat. Chill m8.
>>
>>7370080
Slight bubbling is not a full rolling boil, which is what happens to liquids when heated to boiling point. Slight bubbling means that the liquid is just under the boiling point, which is what simmering is.
>>
>>7370085
that doesn't make sense
>>
>>7370073
Yes!! Actually I was told to use it after my first failed attempt, so I did but the first batch still came out too brown; the second was a tad better because I took them out sooner. I'm still an oven virgin.
>>
>>7370115
Yeah, probably a temperature issue with your oven. Also may want to try putting the rack with the baking sheet up a bit higher in the oven so it's a bit further up from the heating element on the bottom. Or possibly try a different baking sheet, I've got some two layer sheets that I use specifically for when I make cookies, there's space between the layers for air so the top layers where the cookies are doesn't get as hot as the lower part and the bottoms don't get overcooked.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.