[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Camping meals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: day14_lunch_ravioli.jpg (1MB, 4216x2440px) Image search: [Google]
day14_lunch_ravioli.jpg
1MB, 4216x2440px
Post here your favorite meals when you go camping with your family or friends!

My favorite meal when I'm on trips is ravioli.
Yum!
>>
>>7368662
Lasagna. It's been a tradition since my grandparents were alive. We'd all go camping and have lasagna.
>>
>>7368662
I like curry. Rice is pretty portable, vegetables keep pretty well and so does curry blocks.
>>
>>7368662
>when you go camping with your family or friends!
>friends!
Rude

I usually like to have beans with rice or something similar.
>>
fresh caught trout and cold beer
>>
>>7368662
I've never been camping and I don't have friends.

Over the last few months I bought myself a tent, sleeping bag and mat, now looking for headlamp and a portable stove. Will be doing motocamping on my own all over the west coast this spring and summer.

I'll probably just eat a lot of instant noodles.
>>
>>7368826

I don't get the point of camping if you aren't hunting or fishing.
>>
>>7368662
Depends on the trip.

If we're hunting or fishing we bring cans of pork and beans to eat as a punishment if we don't catch or shoot anything. We bring potatoes and foil as well for campfire baked taters.

Hiking trips tend to be Mountain House pouches because they are light.

If it's just a party at the lake, we've got a cottage with a full kitchen and a fridge on the property, along with a grill, so burgers, steaks, brats...
We'll often do a low country boil over the perpetual campfire we keep going at all hours. Or we have the sandwich press things on long handles and will make pizza sandwiches with them. The kids like doing hot dogs over the fire too.
>>
>>7368662
>friends
hahahahahahah
>>
>>7368962
>Shitposting

hahahahahahah
>>
>>7368846
Not saying fishing isn't fun, but it's not the only reason to go camping:

1. Drinking in the woods.
2. Guilt-free breakfast beers.
3. Guilt-free not taking a shower, not doing shit and having breakfast beers all in the same day.
4. Sleeping bags are comfy but I'd be a weirdo if I used one at home.
5. Feel'n hella comfy in my tent on a windy night and pretending I'm in a spaceship.
6. Roasting marshmallows.
7. Pissing region is mostly unrestricted.
8. Making fire is fun.
>>
>>7369533
10/10 post my man shit makes me want to go right now
>>
>>7368662
>Yum!
was that really necessary
>>
>>7369533
>camping
>not doing shit all day

What kind of watered down redneck Podunk faggot camping is this?

>real camping requires working all fuckin day collecting firewood and arching game for meals and shit
>no time for "breakfast beer"
>you sound like you're fucking 19 years old
>>
>>7369601
Was your post really necessary?

Was my post rally necessary?

Is anything really necessary?

Not really
>>
steak

cheap ones.. overcooked, drunk in the dark
>>
File: Camp_Fire_Winslow_Homer.jpg (128KB, 1106x703px) Image search: [Google]
Camp_Fire_Winslow_Homer.jpg
128KB, 1106x703px
bluegill or trout fillets with lemon juice and pepper, cooked in a skillet

deer flesh with salt and pepper, cooked in a skillet

opossum; skinned, parboiled, and roasted over a fire with a little lard and worcestershire sauce

all of these go well with some sweet brambleberries and whatever other edible plants are nearby.
>>
>>7369656
Two different kinds of camping, friend.
Most people are pretty content to go camping at the local campsite and just drink beer and shoot the shit while roasting marshmallows over a fire.
Sounds like a relaxing weekend mayn.
>>
Biscuits, bannock, basically any kind of fresh bread
>>
>>7369656
I bet you build a shelter with scavenged animal feces too, right?
>>
File: dsc02533.jpg (3MB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
dsc02533.jpg
3MB, 3648x2736px
>>7369710
This, and hobo pies of many varieties. Including cheap overdone steak hobo pies.
>>
>>7369533
Lamo I turn 30 in a few months and still do stupid shit like pretend I'm in a spaceship
>>
>>7368662
baked bean/cheese/anything jaffles
roast trout/ potatoes in tin foil
pasta and sauce
>>
File: 1447727704996.jpg (32KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1447727704996.jpg
32KB, 400x300px
>>7369999
>your whole post
>>
Whatever you killed earlier that day
>>
>>7368662
In the boy scouts we'd make bacon, eggs, and pancakes on a griddle. This was between the rape and the other rape.
>>
File: 3196057_orig.jpg (151KB, 980x670px) Image search: [Google]
3196057_orig.jpg
151KB, 980x670px
>>7370363
I'm disappointed that we've made it this far and so far not a single mention of these amazing inventions.
>>
>>7370548
Now those bring back some good memories. What can't they make?
>>
>>7368802
how do you make lasagna when you're camping?

I bring mres when I go camping since you don't have to carry anything else to cook them in and you don't have to worry about shitting in the woods.
>>
>>7370548

Mm this. If you're willing to bring a long a few extra ingredients there are so many different options for types of stews or soups you can make.
>>
>>7369974
>hobo pies of many varieties
Yep!
I did this when I was a little shit, and now my little shits do this.
>>
>>7368662
>>7368662
FUCK OFF VIRAL MARKETERS
>>
>>7369974
You have to use bread slices big enough that they're sealed together by the contraption, you fucking dumb asshole.

>>7370256
>say that to my face not online fucker
>>
slow cooked lamb shanks in a camp oven
>>
>>7368662
Whassin the pocketoli?
>>
Potatoes are always a hit. Throw a couple near the fire when you start drinking. When you're all buzzed up and have the munchies, you have potatoes ready for salt, pepper, cheese and either bbq sauce or hot sauce.

Most of the other chow is burgers and dogs. This isn't a hunting trip - this is a camping trip. Pack as much shit in your truck as you can and enjoy 2-3 days out in the woods, near a swimming hole.
>>
Anything for cold camping (no fire, no stove)? What about cold camping when it's below freezing out (IE all your food freezes?)

I've been having instant oats (pretty good cold), cured meat logs, apples, trail mix, and granola bars. What else would be good? All of the above are freeze-tested. Oatmeal is indestructible.

I tried a tin of dollar store beans n franks, but it was disgusting and sugary. Any sort of bread freezes, as do most fruits and veg. Apples are fine though.
>>
>>7368662
Whenever I'm going to eat outdoors, I bring the grill (unless there will be a grill there) and a cooler full of meat (and booze).

>burgers
>sausages of all kinds (spicy/horseradish mustard will be used heavily)
>steak
>swordfish

I hate marshmallows(s'mores) and hot dogs but I'll bring that shit if there'll be kids present.

If hiking:
>nuts
>seeds (especially pumpkin seeds)
>dried fruit
>beef jerky
>>
>>7373170
Burgers will experience a solid dose of pic related unless someone objects and likely have diced Vidalia onions and/or jalapenos in them.
>>
>>7373147
I've been in freezing temps outdoors with frozen food. I took sealed packages and placed them near my core so body heat would defrost them. After a few hours of walking, the food was edible - cold but edible.
>>
File: cavenders.png (487KB, 593x584px) Image search: [Google]
cavenders.png
487KB, 593x584px
>>7373180
>forgetting the pic
>>
>>7373181

That's an interesting idea, anon. Was it okay? After a day of hiking I'll eat just about anything, really. I wonder what ones would be the least disgusting.
>>
>>7369656
Lol what a fucking loser
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.