[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many bars do you go to where the staff know you by name, /ck/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7

File: 574653_856835-20150120_Pint.jpg (161KB, 999x953px) Image search: [Google]
574653_856835-20150120_Pint.jpg
161KB, 999x953px
How many bars do you go to where the staff know you by name, /ck/?
>>
>>7367807
1, though its because the local gaming club meets up there weekly
>>
4 but i live in montana
>>
Four, but three are campus bars
>>
>>7367811
>1, though its because the local gaming club meets up there weekly
LOL
>>
>>7367807
4. 3 are in my hometown and one is in the city I live in at the minute.
>>
>>7367824
tabletop games, not vidya you raging homosexual
shit requires actual human interaction
>>
a bunch

i'm in a band
>>
>>7367807
maybe a dozen? I am a brewer and work a lot of events at local bars, so that helps.
>>
I always give fake names. I had to stop going to one because they had a new bartender who checked my ID and addressed me by the name she read on it, so everybody found out the name I'd given them was different to my real name.
>>
Just 1 but it's a bar I've been frequenting for the past 4 years. I go everyday after work for some beers and chats.
I feel like I've made really good friends with them but it's probably just because I'm a regular who tips well.

>>7367922
kek
>>
I've never been to a bar
>>
Used to be a "rock star" in the 90's. Wasn't in a band, just was a chef and ... never paid for drinks anywhere. Knew the right people.
Not meant arrogantly. I just knew ppl who knew ppl who liked me because I'm sweet and awwwwww... nice guy.
And for some reason, I was fuckable.
In retrospect, I don't get it.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (156KB, 1291x692px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
156KB, 1291x692px
>>7367946
Pic related
>>
>>7367829
Even gayer
>>
1, and the only reason is that my sister is a bartender there
>>
>>7367807
There is a bar that most the bartenders/wait staff know my name, since we all went to high school together. but I've never been there. Maybe I'll go tomorrow afternoon.
>>
>>7367946
You're a burnt out faggot then?
>>
>>7367807
None because I'm not an alcoholic nor do I waste frivolous money when I can buy the exact same bottle in a store.
>>
1 but only because a couple of old mates started working there last year.

Back when I was in my twenties and poor, I lived with a couple of guys and one of them got a bartending job in our favourite nightclub. We got immediate service and BOGOF drinks privileges for about a year. The rest of the staff pretty much turned a blind eye to it because he was subtle about it and was such a reliable grafter. That was fucking great year.
>>
Three. The old bar, the new bar, and my friends' bar.
>>
>>7368006
You don't understand, and therefore you don't know how to get your drinks comped.
>>
I work at a bar and my first name is 26 letter long, so 0.
>>
>>7367951
that's the most mediocre list of bands I've ever seen
>>
>>7367807
>>
>>7367935
I don't even know my own name.
>>
i drink at home to avoid that very thing

also dont want to know the patrons
>>
Just 1. I don't go to the bars ever, really, but I go to the one in my little hick town. Also a little restaurant, so my family goes for dinner.

A fave feeling is walking into the bar and there's a beer waiting for me, cuz the barkeep saw me pull up.
>>
>>7367807
4. 2 of them because I'ma regular. The other 2 are owned by the same guys that own one of the others, and the staff rotates through them all.

I would say I'm known by face at 3 others. I'm a tall scruffy mother fucker, and the massive duck dynasty beard tends to leave an impression.
>>
Pretty much every bar in town. It's not a big town, but it's still a lot of places.

I sell beer for a living though, so some are because of work and others are from hanging out or knowing people.
>>
File: goodfeljimmyjimmy.jpg (122KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
goodfeljimmyjimmy.jpg
122KB, 480x270px
>>
1 but I stopped drinking there.

There used to be two bars up my street, one of them was good and the other one was full of shit cunts. The bar full of shit cunts got shut down and turned into a hardware store so now all the shit cunts go to the good bar, I don't go there anymore.
>>
I work at a liquor store and we know more about your life than you care to admit.

We know when you/re cheating on your girlfriend, we know when you're broke. we know when you come into the store at 10am and youre still hammered

On topic though, Im a regular at like 6 places, 2 by name and the rest is just definitely being reccognized by the staff at the very least.
>>
>>7368199
pajeetpoointheloodesignated?
>>
>>7368429
I'm going to get the papers, get the papers.
>>
There's a bar in Boston where everybody knows my name,

And they're always glad I came.
>>
1, Though I work there so it doesn't really count.
>free pints after my shift
>>
>>7368479
we know a lot about you too, we know you kind of failed at life, you are an embarrassment to your family, you are an alcoholic, you have a meaningless shit job and are poor.
>>
>>7367807
1, because I always go there with my mates and my mates are all friendly so I ended up knowing the guys behind the bar even when I'm completely antisocial.

At the restaurant where my dad always eats they know my name but never call me by it because they hate me because I always take the piss out of their shit food which my dad always claims is great because they suck up to him because he's a great tipper.
>>
1, but it's gonna close soon
>>
File: 810_4458-HDR.jpg (405KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
810_4458-HDR.jpg
405KB, 576x1024px
>>7368513
>>7368513
>>7368513

Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got. Taking a break from all your worries, sure would help a lot. Wouldn't you like to get away?
>>
File: towneclub.png (670KB, 1013x523px) Image search: [Google]
towneclub.png
670KB, 1013x523px
I do my absolute best to avoid being noticed. That way I'll never get picked in a line up.
>>
a few divey clubs in my neighborhood because i'm a musician, but i haven't been getting out much lately since my son was born.
>>
>>7367807
I used to frequent a couple places close to my house where the bartenders knew me well enough to greet me by name and didn't have to ask what I wanted. I would just sit down and they'd pour me a beer and put it in front of me.

I pretty much quit drinking though, so it's been a while since I've been to either place so I doubt they'd remember me now. Hell, I doubt that the same bartenders are even still working there.
>>
File: 1447698668083.jpg (7KB, 250x236px) Image search: [Google]
1447698668083.jpg
7KB, 250x236px
>>7367807
3 out of 5 bars, I tend to visit.
>>
One, my aunt and uncle's bar.
>>
>>7369125
If my aunt had a dick, would she be my uncle?
>>
Three.
>>
>>7367807
>paying to drink at a bar
>not buying your own liquor
>>
>>7369199
Closing the curtains, feeling anxious about talking with the delivery pizza guy, drinking in the dark, etc.

Yeah, not everyone is a shut in like you.
>>
>>7367807
I rarely go to bars except when my roommate or friends drag me along. It's way more expensive.
>>
>>7369205
>paying for 1/3 of the bottle for 1/10 of the liquor in it
You're really smart AND social. Oh boy,, you one upped me.
>>
>>7369242
I'm sorry you believe life is scary.
>>
File: Vic.jpg (141KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
Vic.jpg
141KB, 1000x750px
>>7367807
>How many bars do you go to where the staff know you by name, /ck/?

Only one remembers my name, as my buddies and I go there every week to catch the Lions game but another bar and a brewpub know us as semi-regulars.
>>
>>7369287
Youre brain dead lol he said nothing about being a shut-in and drinking alone he literally only mentioned how retarded it is to drink at bars bc its overpriced, stop projecting
>>
>>7369417
>he
>>
>>7369417
not who you are defending but you are right a more accurate assumption would have been that he is a poorfag NEET
>>
2 that know my name but probably about 10 that know what I drink.
>>
>>7368006
I go to a brewery that doesn't sell in liquor stores. Most don't, you either go there and have a pint or you buy 22oz bottles if they have it, or fill a growler.

Not to mention that I don't have endless bottles of mixers and different alcohols, not enough room and would be a waste if I used a couple of mixers only occasionally.

I also go out for a drink or two with coworkers or friends, because I don't like having guests at my house all the time and I try to be somewhat social.

Aren't you the alcoholic for trying to be as cheap as possible and drinking at home, not socially?
>>
>>7369242
Oooh boy the one who drinks alone at home has his life together more.
>>
>>7367815
my nigga
>>
>>7367807
One, because it's the place I do the wine list for.
>>
>>7367807
Used to be three, but one of them closed recently.
>>
just one that I've been attending regularly for about 9 months.
>>
>>7369475
>Aren't you the alcoholic for trying to be as cheap as possible and drinking at home, not socially?

Does it count if I drink daily in a chatroom with the same people for the past 4 years? That's kind of like a bar.
>>
>>7367807
None. Liquor stores? I'd guess all of them
>>
>>7369160
Not if xe identifies as an aunt, shitlord.
>>
>>7367807
Just one. A high school gf works at the local sports bar. Don't go much but it's nice to catch up when I see her. She's an amazing girl. Wish I would have tried to reconnect before two kids ruined her.
>>
Some people at clubs know me by name, but it's all door bitches and security because I work gates at festivals a whole lot.
>>
None. I generally drink at home
>>
>>7367807
none, but a lot of liquor stores do

fuck
>>
one, i stop off there for a couple every day. i know all the staff and drink with them outside of their work. its the kind of place where everyone knows everyone, and i would say about ninety percent of customers are regulars who come down at least five times a week
>>
One cafe all the girls know my name and know my order, we chat alot and it's cute.

Also at subway one of the girls knows my veggie and sauce combos.

Yeah I'm pretty lonely.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.