[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Every year on my birthday myself and my two brothers go out to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Z.jpg (8KB, 337x149px) Image search: [Google]
Z.jpg
8KB, 337x149px
Every year on my birthday myself and my two brothers go out to a nice steak restaurant for a relatively high-end steak. Anybody else have some type of birthday tradition?
>pic related
>>
>>7367629
I go on a date with my hot aunt every year, it sucks though because I've had to pay the last few years.
>>
>>7367649
Do you even give the slut the d you homo
>>
i get a mrs fields cookie cake and pizza
>>
>>7367698
good pizza or cardboard?
>>
>>7367629
That's a fine tradition, especially with your bros; I totally approve.
However, if you don't already know I would recommend teaching yourself how to cook up a simple but great steak. Once you've perfected it spend some cash on a crazy expensive dry aged beauty from a top notch butcher. You can have a $75 steak at home for $30
>>
>>7367707
Not OP, but I want to learn too. Does it matter what sort of steak I practice with, or do cheap steaks cook the same as expensive ones?
>>
>>7367707
Bump.
Also want to learn. Used to work at a Jap joint and the mutherfucker dried aged his cuts with salt and charcoal but he didn't let the meat touch either.

It was in top of a rack with two containers of stuff that captures moisture
>>
>>7367716
Shouldn't matter too much as long as it's not super thin.
My basic method is this:
Rub salt into both sides of the steak (this is the bare minimum). Add a finely sliced of diced garlic clove and a splash of oil and/or white wine (I know it sounds counter intuitive to use white for steak but just for cooking it won't impart tannins or weird flavors)
Let sit with oil & salt on a plate or whatever on the counter or in the cold over for 20 minutes. The salt breaks down proteins allowing it to become a bit more tender.
Cooking a steak that is closer to room temp than refrigerator cold is essential.
Get a pan to a high heat with some oil (once the oil is shimmering but not quite smoking its ready).
Place the steak in the hot-ass pan and leave it alone for a few minutes. A char will form. You can press onto the top side of the steak gently with your finger to gauge progress.
After a few minutes flip it over and let that side have a few minutes (undercooking is far better at this point than over cooking so don't wait too long).
When you feel it's good and charred on both sides remove it from the pan and lay it on a plate of cutting board to rest. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL! Resting allows the moisture in the steak to redistribute, allowing for an evenly cooked juicy steak.
After several minutes resting (at least 5) cut into a section to gauge doneness. If it's perfect for you take note of how it feels when you press on it to help with future cooking. If it needs a bit more cooking throw it back in the pan for a few. You too can have fantastic steak at home!
TL/DR - rub salt, high heat, rest after cooking before cutting
>>
>>7367724
You master a basic steak and you are elevated. Anyone can mac & cheese but this is manly shit
>>
>>7367629
I have same tradition but we go to a greek who knows my family over 30years and also has great steaks
and as much ouzo as you can drink
>>
>>7367707
Last year we went to a place called Ruth's Chris. Their steaks were about 3'' thick and somehow evenly cooked at a perfect medium rare. Me being the curious motherfucker I am, requested to see the chef to ask him how he prepared it. He took me to the kitchen where they have literal kilns that fire at about 1700 degrees. Theres no fucking way I am recreating that steak.
>>
Every day after my birthday I go to KFC by myself because my birthday is the day before Valentine's Day and the chicken doesn't make me feel bad as loneliness does.
>>
>purchase a fancy sweet pastry/cake and a fancy soda, summa dat Fentimans shit
>eat in front of laptop

>>7367981
Valentine's day is for spending with your loved one and there is no shame in spending it with yourself because everyone should love themselves
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.