[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Soup, co/ck/s. Want to do a whole chicken with BBQ style spices

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: CrockPotWholeChicken2.jpg (103KB, 640x423px) Image search: [Google]
CrockPotWholeChicken2.jpg
103KB, 640x423px
Soup, co/ck/s.

Want to do a whole chicken with BBQ style spices in a crockpot to make pulled chicken.

My grocery has the traditional whole chicken in a bag, frozen. They also have a "whole chicken" unfrozen on a meat tray in seran(sp) wrap, like it doesn't have any form. The meat is all piled up, like they just discected the parts first.

Does this matter if I was putting it in a crockpot with spices for 4-6 hours?

Also, recipes encouraged.
>>
>>7367045
>Does this matter if I was putting it in a crockpot with spices for 4-6 hours?
Not really, I would just get the cheaper one in this case if you plan to cook it right away.
>>
>>7367045
Doesn't really matter since you're slow cooking it and you're going to pull it apart anyway.

I would say just regardless of what chicken you get, season it liberally on the outside, under the skin and inside the cavity with whatever seasoning you want to use, put some cut up onions and crushed cloves of garlic in the bottom of the crock pot, chicken on top and a bit of chicken stock or water. Not too much liquid to start though, a lot will cook out of the chicken after a few hours.
>>
>>7367045
if you're doing pulled chicken I would probably just use a bunch of leg quarters. dat breast meat gonna be dry after 6hrs
>>
>>7367045

Every time I've tried cooking chicken in a Crock Pot it turns out as dry as as Egyptian mummy fart.
>>
>>7367101
>>7367061

Thanks guys. I'll just get a bunch of dark meat.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.