[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What /ck/ think about Coconut water?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: images.jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 259x194px
What /ck/ think about Coconut water?
>>
disgusting bullshit

drinking it out of a fresh coconut is ok
>>
>>7366220
I tried it once then smacked myself on the forehead and remarked, "I should have had a V8!"
>>
At first I thought it was a scam. Then I tried a free sample at Costco and was like, "not bad." But then again I'd never pay money for it myself. It would probably be nice drinking it straight out of a coconut if I was on some tropical vacation or something tho.
>>
File: the-stakeout-picture.jpg (13KB, 313x235px) Image search: [Google]
the-stakeout-picture.jpg
13KB, 313x235px
>>7366236
...I GOTTA HAVE A LO MEIN!
>>
File: v8.jpg (241KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
v8.jpg
241KB, 900x600px
>>7366236
>>
Does it really have the hydrating replenishment or just a hipster meme?
>>
>>7366266
It's very hydrating and what's with /ck/ calling foods from non-white countries "hipster"?
>>7366220
It's absolute life bruh
>>
Tastes good.
Too bad commercial farming and transporting of coconut water two thirds of the way across the world is so utterly horrendous for the environment, though.
>>
>>7366273
>what's with /ck/ calling foods from non-white countries "hipster"?

Nobody is calling them hipster because they come from non-white countries. We call them hipster because there has been a recent surge of popularity in coconut water in the US and that gets associated with Hipsters (rightly or wrongly). In other words, if it's new and trendy in the US then it gets called Hipster.
>>
>>7366277

Doesn't even have to be new or trendy.
If Jethroe in Buttfuck, Nowhere can't find it in the one gas station in his small town, it's hipster bullshit.
>>
Good, but often overpriced.

There are companies selling cans of it for $2+. I got a whole young coconut for that price.

Your best bet is getting coconut water from foreign, usually Asian, brands. American companies rip you off and they're imported anyway.
>>
>>7366277
But that's contradicting. Hipsters are people who try to do what everyone else ISN'T doing and not the popular thing to do.
>>
its alright if not a bit overrated. whatever you do dont get the kind with "chunks" or "pulp"

i tried it severely hungover, and the texture is like vomit. (which caused me to vomit)
>>
>>7366277
>if it's new and trendy in the US then it gets called Hipster.
Correction: if it's new to /ck/ then /ck/ calls it hipster.
Coconut water has been around for a long time in fitness circles and many cyclists and other sports people swear by it.
>>
>>7366220

New studies done by science-ists with impregnable intellectual intelligencia have proven that coconut water raises risk of cancer and other diseases such as cancers, it's all about potato water or asparagus water now.
>>
Only the real thing works, and you get coconut to eat, too.

Young coconut is easy to find in Asian supermarkets, the only downside is that you can't, say, bring them off to work so easilt.
>>
>>7366220
fucking disgusting
i was dehydrated and the only thing i had available was some of that 'water'
i would probably kill myself if i were on a deserted island with coconut water as my only source of liquid.
>>
>>7367634
This. Fresh water from a coconut, especially a young coconut, is fucking great. Super refreshing. The canned or bottled stuff isn't nearly as good but it's still pretty good imo, especially if it's really really cold.
>>
Just buy fresh coconuts make a fucking hole on it pour in glass or drink it out of coconut.

Its that simple only retard memesters buy just the water.
>>
>>7366275
Pls go back to rebbit
>>
I think there are some people in this thread who might be confusing coconut water with coconut milk.
>>
>>7367987
nah coconut milk is alright, but coconut water actually just tastes bad.
>>
>>7366220
I like its perfect balance between sweet, salty and the light coconut taste. But unlike a fair amount of you I never drink soda.
>>
Tastes great and it's really good for you

but it's full of calories and also has a relatively high amount of sugar. Also quite expensive.

Coconut milk is a lot better for you but both are only good in moderation.
>>
>>7366220
i like it, quenches better than a gallon of water. in vietnam they load it with a fuckload of sugar
>>
where does all this 'more hydrating than water' memage come from

>>7368518

good for you in what sense
>>
>>7368584
Plenty of potassium, calcium, folate, etc, and calories, great as a natural sports drink, good proteins, yada yada
>>
Just buy a fucking coconut and machete it open. Then you get meat AND water.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.