[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone got any experience with steak here? I prepared a rib steak

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: Riblap%20Black%20Angus[1].jpg (88KB, 912x761px) Image search: [Google]
Riblap%20Black%20Angus[1].jpg
88KB, 912x761px
Anyone got any experience with steak here? I prepared a rib steak yesterday (looked a bit like pic related) and the meat itself ended up pretty well. However, there were though bits (I guess muscle fiber or something?) and fatty bits all over it, which I more or less had to eat around. What did I do wrong, and how do I solve this problem the next time?
>>
>>7365202
trim the fat and viscera b4 cooking
>>
Tough bits were because you over-cooked ever so slightly. Could have been from uneven heating during the cooking process. Did you sautee it using a shitty pan?

Fatty bits are desirable in a steak. They add flavor.
>>
The cut in your pic is mainly used for stewing, so that's probably why it did not live up to your expectations.
>>
File: steak.jpg (57KB, 540x348px) Image search: [Google]
steak.jpg
57KB, 540x348px
>>7365202
>What did I do wrong

You bought a crappy steak.

You can tell a good steak from a bad steak by looking at it. Good steaks tend not to have large pieces of fat in them, but rather have a uniform distribution of small amounts of fat.

Take a look at the OP photo: see how the meat is mostly solid red, then you have a stark contrast with the white streaks of fat? That's stew meat.

Pic related is what a good steak would look like.
>>
>>7365523

>Tough bits were because you over-cooked ever so slightly.

no. he's clearly talking about connective tissue.

>Fatty bits are desirable in a steak. They add flavor.

large pieces of fat are not nice to eat. intramuscular vs. intermuscular.
>>
>>7365202

The tough bits and fatty bits need more cooking time to render into more palatable form. Think about reverse searing or sous videing it next time, using it for something else, or using a cut that is more suitable to your cooking style.
>>
File: Stoofvlees.jpg (56KB, 450x555px) Image search: [Google]
Stoofvlees.jpg
56KB, 450x555px
>>7365202
Hello my fellow Dutch friend. The meat on your pic is a rib used for stews (hachee or stoofvlees). This is definitely not the same as rib-eye steak. I'll give you a recipe for stoofvlees:

Chop a pound (or a little more or less) of this rib in blocks and and add salt and pepper. In butter bake the beef untill it is brown on all sides, do not cook it all the way, just for 5 min. Add 1 big onion and 2 cloves of garlic, chopped. Add 2 spoons of flour and mix well, everything will now get a little thick. Add 1 spoon wine vinegar. Deglaze with beef stock. Add a bayleaf, 3 cloves and a few sticks of thyme (this is on your own taste, for extra you could add 1 stick of rosemary or 7 juniper berries). Add 1 bottle (0.33 L) of dark beer (La Trappe dubbel, Grimbergen dubbel, Leffe brown, herfstbok or whatever somehow sweet dark beers). You could also use a sour tasting beer like Rodenbach (leave the wine vinegar if you do so). Everything should be below the level of the beer. If not, add some water or beef stock. Braise the meat for 3 hours on low heat.

Enjoy! And remember to buy the right cuts next time!
>>
>>7365202
don't like fat & sinew? butcher it out. of course with a rib cut that may be hard depending on how cheap you were on purchasing the steak.
>>
>webshop.deambachtelijkeslager.nl

did they pick their URL by rolling their face against the keyboard?
>>
File: 1454997023159.png (841KB, 1102x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1454997023159.png
841KB, 1102x1600px
>>7366300
that marbling tho
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RWJEOScToE

here's a really good way to make your cheaper steaks a lot better OP
>>
>>7366874
>dem languages that aren't mine sure are funny haha
>>
>>7366374
that's retarded. cut out the sinew and excess fat unless you like well done
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.