[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ck/ I need your help. It's Lent so I decided to give up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (27KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 300x450px
/ck/ I need your help.

It's Lent so I decided to give up white bread and am currently in a running argument with my friends about the nature of wafers. I want to eat a Kitkat Chunky but my friends think the wafer in the Kitkat counts as white bread, like wafers at communion.

Am I letting my lust for Kitkat get in the way of my better judgement?
>>
Maybe you should give up chocolate as well.
Also, who /GivingUpCoffee/ here?
>>
That is a weak-ass thing to give up for lent.
Go ahead and eat that brick of sugar, you know full well why you didn't pick anything substantial.
>>
Yes, the wafers are made using refined flour

Eat a butterfinger
>>
No offense or anything, but can you explain the purpose of lent? I have never been religious and always thought the whole ordeal was silly.
>>
>>7365110
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lent
>>
File: image.png (51KB, 375x350px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
51KB, 375x350px
>>7365102
>>7365103
Sorry it's my first proper time round, fine chocolate can go too.

Thanks /ck/ your informative scolding has convinced me to raise the bar.
>>
>>7365121
You don't have to if you don't want to.

Christ just spent forty days fasting in the desert staving off temptation from Satan, is all.
Eat that candybar.
>>
>>7365142
Well tell you what you give Satan a call and I'll do that too.
>>
Christ prolly would have eaten a KitKat, they're heavenly...just sayin'
>>
Gave up beer and liquor
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-11-18-59-32.png (233KB, 800x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-11-18-59-32.png
233KB, 800x1280px
>>7365121
I... I mean.. whats stopping you from biting into that yummy Kit Kat right now?

If you REALLY want a quick snack, just eat it. Otherwise I'd stash it away for a reward for yourself later for something.
>>
>>7365102
>giving up coffee
Are you ok?
>>
>>7365417
I gave up coffee 4 years ago and have never felt better.
>>
File: 1394670775230.jpg (9KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1394670775230.jpg
9KB, 250x250px
>>7365419
I would off myself before giving up espresso. Tfw you drink 4 shots of espresso a day.
>>
Who else here giving up religion for lent?
>>
>>7365419
I took up drinking coffee 11 years ago and I've never felt better.
>>
>>7365433
What's your favorite preparation?
>>
>>7365419
it honestly doesn't matter if you drink it or not. The only time you feel shit is for a few days after giving up
>>
>>7365454
that's withdrawals from caffeine addiction, bruh.
>>
>>7365454
This is truth. I cut out caffeine from my diet so that if I ever need a boost, it will work. I save it for hard work days when I've gotten little sleep, and get a tremendous boost.

Going cold turkey was a bitch for those first 2 weeks. I'd say I drink about 2 cups of coffee about 1 a month now.
>>
>>7365475
Indeed, but not giving it up is less stressful, healthier, and far more delicious.

It's a symbiotic relationship
>>
>>7365110
Because catholics are idiots who still act like it's the 12th century and worship the pope. Barely a tier over westboros.

>>7365142
He also died for humanity's sins, you know so we wouldn't have to do bullshit like give something up for lent in the first place.
>>
Why not just say fuck lent and eat what you want?
>>
>>7365490
Not being addicted to things is even less stressful and even more healthful.

A week of getting caffeine out of your system is worth it if you don't want to end up with symptoms like insomnia and heart palpitations and whatnot.
>>
>>7365525
Because that wouldn't be very good bait for a thread.
>>
>>7365497
Found the white trash who knows nothing about Christianity.

Catholics don't worship the Pope, they just haven't thrown out all their traditions to have a lazy, commitment free non-religion.

The reason they dont throw a tantrum about giving up bread is they know traditions give substance and joy to life. Half of the Christian calendar is carried on from pagan traditions formed over millenia. They are there for fulfilment.
>>
>>7365529
Utter bullshit.

You only have "symptoms" if you are an ape downing 10 cups a day. Giving up a 10 year habit is far more damaging than if you just keep going, and coffee is cardioprotective well into old age.
>>
>>7365556
>Catholics don't worship the Pope

Perhaps not in the literal sense of bowing down in front of a pope statue, but you get the gist.
>>
>>7365565
$1 has been added to your Folgers MasterShill account, Pajeet.
>>
>>7365099
A communion wafer is actually a leavened flatbread, so you cannot have those.

A fucking kitkat isnt made of communion wafer though, its an ordinary wafer that is technically a biscuit (cookie?) so eat it all you want.
>>
>>7365099
What exactly do you think avoiding white bread is going to do? Are you gonna arrive at the pearly gates when you die and Jeebus is gonna be all like, "well, you were an adulterer, a liar, a thief, but you didn't eat white bread that time so I guess you're alright."

You're ridiculous.
>>
>>7365099
>Am I letting my lust for Kitkat get in the way of my better judgement?

The better judgement is to not care.
>>
>>7365099
>eating white bread
>eating white bread enough to give it up for lent

Holy fuck OP you raging pleb. Fuck off
>>
File: MTE1ODA0OTcxNzA3MjM3OTAx.jpg (155KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
MTE1ODA0OTcxNzA3MjM3OTAx.jpg
155KB, 1200x1200px
>>7365556
>Catholics don't worship the Pope
>mfw
>>
>>7365594
These are catholics we're talking about
>>
Where can I find a kit Kat like that?
>>
>>7365594
It's really more about self improvement and building a foundation to seriously cut down on something I eat too much of. Aping JC a little is just part of the motivation.
>>
>>7365497
>Because catholics are idiots who still act like it's the 12th century and worship the pope

Where the fuck do you get catholics from anon
>>
>>7365099
>arguing about petty details instead of honoring the spirit of the tradition and focusing on what it actually represents
Fucking idiots.
>>
>>7365099
OP, God doesn't give a shit what you give up. It's about understanding the whole meaning behind Lent, and giving up bread/candy/trivial things without reflecting on why is pointless and you might as well just binge eat an entire loaf of Wonderbread. Also fuck your friend a wafer isn't bread.
>>
>>7365099
You should eat it. Just eat the candy bar. No one's gonna know. It's just a little secret between friends. We're friends, right? A friend like me wouldn't lead you astray. Eat the candy bar.
>>
>giving up on wheat

>not giving up on sugar

U WOT?
>>
>>7365646
Holy fuck have you never tried kitkat chunky? It is fucking AMAZING. Where do you live? In New Zealand and Malaysia you can buy this shit everywhere. Grocery stores, Dairies, petrol stations etc.
>>
>lent
people actually adhere to this shit?
>>
>>7368073
I don't, but fasting has a positive effect on health and mind, so I don't see the problem.
>>
I don't think Kitkats count, anon. The wafer is more of a cookie/biscuit. Whereas the wafer in Mass is more of just a.. bland ass bread cracker.

If you don't feel comfortable, save it for when Lent is over. Otherwise, eat that kitkat and savor it.
>>
>>7368073
it's just for bragging rights really
why else would you tell people what you gave up for lent
>>
>>7367563
Too bad kitkat chunky peanutbutter is a huge disappointment
>>
>>7365497
Catholicism is the only true form of Christianity.

>And I also say unto thee, that thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church

Peter was the first bishop of Rome (Pope).

Checkmate, pretestards.
>>
>>7368160
>Satan, get behind me
>>
>>7368160
>current year
>being catholic
superior Mormon coming through
come and fellowship with me bitches
>>
>>7365099
it's bread mate. also stop being a fat fuck. you aren't a kid anymore, lay off the chocolate bars.
>>
>>7365529

Technically it's not possible to get addicted to caffeine, it's called caffeine dependence
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.